HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question for Sens Fans... Spezza real chance of having a job this year with th Sens..

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 08:54 AM
kastaure

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Question for Sens Fans... Spezza real chance of having a job this year with th Sens..

Hey guys,

I want to know what are Spezza real chance of making the big club this year... How many other center do you have and where would you place Spezza this year in the depth.. not based on his possibility but on his current game level..

Thanks

Hugo

Old
09-23-2003, 09:28 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastaure
Hey guys,

I want to know what are Spezza real chance of making the big club this year... How many other center do you have and where would you place Spezza this year in the depth.. not based on his possibility but on his current game level..

Thanks

Hugo
He'll have a roster spot. He'll be centering one of our top 3 lines, meaning that he'll have one of Havlat, Hossa and Alfredsson as his winger (assuming that Havlat signs). I expect at least 50 points out of him, maybe 60, but I think my estimations are a little higher than the norm.

Old
09-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
He'll have a roster spot. He'll be centering one of our top 3 lines, meaning that he'll have one of Havlat, Hossa and Alfredsson as his winger (assuming that Havlat signs). I expect at least 50 points out of him, maybe 60, but I think my estimations are a little higher than the norm.
I dont think that your estimations are very high at all. I personaly think he's going to hit atleast the 60 point mark.

Old
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
o-dog

Given top 2line playing time, Spezza could easily get 60 pts. He would have been on pace for 50 pts last year in a full season and that was with Martin gluing his ass to the bench. What did he average...11 mins per game? Chris Neil gets more time than that!

Old
09-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Cat fan

vCash:
How has Spezza played this pre season so far ? Will he finally win a spot ?

Old
09-23-2003, 06:11 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat fan
How has Spezza played this pre season so far ? Will he finally win a spot ?
In the one game he's played he got two points, including the OT winner and was a force all night paired with Hossa.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:12 AM
sensens

Quote:
I think his points are going to depend heavily on his PP time, which I think will likely be considerable. I'd originally pegged him for around the same (55pts if I recall correctly), but that was assuming that he'd likely be playing 3rd line. 2nd line looks like it might he his, so 60-70pts certainly isn't out of the question - especially if he maintains his chemistry with Hossa, one of the top even-strength snipers in the league.

If they do keep Spezza-Hossa as a pairing, I'll be interested to see who their 'regular' LW will be.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:12 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensens
I think his points are going to depend heavily on his PP time, which I think will likely be considerable. I'd originally pegged him for around the same (55pts if I recall correctly), but that was assuming that he'd likely be playing 3rd line. 2nd line looks like it might he his, so 60-70pts certainly isn't out of the question - especially if he maintains his chemistry with Hossa, one of the top even-strength snipers in the league.

If they do keep Spezza-Hossa as a pairing, I'll be interested to see who their 'regular' LW will be.
I see Spezza starting off the year a little slow. He's played enough games last year that enough teams probably have done some scouting on him. It'll take a bit of adjusting to learn to continually adapt at the NHL level. At the AHL and OHL levels, he was able to afford to get a little lazy. I see him only putting up a point-every-other-game until the All-Star break. Once he does get the hang of it though, I expect that he'll finish the season strong, just below a point-a-game-pace, giving him 55-60 points on the season.

Old
09-24-2003, 08:20 AM
kastaure

Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Quote:
I see Spezza starting off the year a little slow. He's played enough games last year that enough teams probably have done some scouting on him. It'll take a bit of adjusting to learn to continually adapt at the NHL level. At the AHL and OHL levels, he was able to afford to get a little lazy. I see him only putting up a point-every-other-game until the All-Star break. Once he does get the hang of it though, I expect that he'll finish the season strong, just below a point-a-game-pace, giving him 55-60 points on the season.
Thanks Guys for the info !!!

Old
09-24-2003, 08:47 AM
LightningFast

Jason Spezza is arguably the Senators number one centerman. He has pretty good chance to hit 70 points this season if he stays healthy. Put him with Hossa, Alfredsson or Havlat (when he gets signed) and the guy is guarenteed that 70 points.

Closed Thread