Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets Bring the Noise Jets Fans!!!

Old
02-27-2013, 04:00 AM
TroubaFan1

vCash: 500
Lets Bring the Noise Jets Fans!!!

Lets show the boys how much we Jets fans, appreciated the entire teams effort, both for how they played during this long road trip, as well as for acting quickly in saving Redmonds life, during the morning skate, in Carolina. In my honest opinion, the crowds at the MTS Centre, have been not even close to as crazy, or as loud, as they were last season. This tough, long, road trip, where we went 4-1 and played very well even in the loss to Philly, could be the moment that changes the entire organization! So this thursday, against New Jersey, lets really show the Jets, and the entire hockey world, that last years noise at the Phonebooth, was just the beginning!

Go Jets Go!!!

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:25 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Agreed. Show the team much love.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:43 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

I'm spending the next game getting drunk and hitting on the incredibly hot girl sitting next to me. Getting loud sounds good as well...

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:05 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Only been to 2 games this year so far, but definitely noticed it hasn't been anywhere near as loud as last year. and when chants start, they fizzle out a lot quicker than before. (granted, they were both losses )
The loudest I've seen this year was at the Pittsburgh game when MacLean was interviewing Don Cherry. I watched it on PVR later and of course CBC had dialed it down a TON so viewers could actually hear what they were saying.
But, when they hit the ice on Thursday, the Jets deserve the kind of noise that Teemu got last year ... and hopefully they respond by getting the W and working towards a winning home record

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:19 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
There play at home for the most part, hasn't really been all that enthusing to allot of fans.

Could be why it's been quiter at the MTSC this season.

If they start playing better and winning some games at home, it will change.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
SensibleGuy

Yeah I agree. I'm getting a little tired of hearing stories in the media about how "the honeymoon is over" and how the fans aren't the same this year as last. I mean, duh. If anyone is actually expecting the sort of wild frenzy from last year to carry on forever they are loopy. Fans don't cheer like lunatics when their team is dropping a turd on the ice. The fact is, the Jets haven't looked great on home ice this year. When they have done something good, the fans have shown them lots of love. Hell, they got a standing O during one of their home games just for having a good couple of shifts. The win against the Penguins was one of the louder games yet. The crowd is always nice and loud when the Jets come out and start strong, which they often do. The problem is that after that initial five or ten minutes they seem to lose energy and fold up and its not realistic to expect the crowd to stay crazy while they watch the team start dogging it.

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Hojetron

I've noticed it's been much quieter this year as well, but the more recent games have been slow paced with hardly any scoring, so as a fan, it's tough to get into it and keep up the enthusiasm. Wheeler mentioned that their play hasn't helped the fans much this year. Thursday night will be different . . . I hope

Hojetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
agreed the Jets stepped up to the plate on this road trip its now our turn to return the favor and blow the ****ing roof off the MTS Centre

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Going to the game on thursday.

I'll be loud to start

if they play like they ahve on this road trip, i'll stay loud

if they revert to how they played two weeks ago... i'll try...but probably won't be to excited.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Damascus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I'm spending the next game getting drunk and hitting on the incredibly hot girl sitting next to me. Getting loud sounds good as well...
Uhm.. where are you sitting? Does she have a ring?

Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:49 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
must be nice im surrounded by old married women

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Flair Hay

Great post. I'm going to the game Thursday, along with my brother who has never been to a live game. My voice will be non existent Friday morning. The team deserves some live after a tough road trip we easily could have been 5-0 on!

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Uhm.. where are you sitting? Does she have a ring?
Bro code!!

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Tdoe42

Man if they play like they did on the road it will be no Problem!!

They havent gave us much to cheer about at home. They have given up the first goal early how many times now and that is just text book way of getting the crowd out of it. Now that they are playing better it will give us fans some confidence.

Ill be Loud like I do every game

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Cool thread. MTS does sound quieter on TV this year, but could be attributable to various factors. It's thing like these that make Jets fans in the top percentile of NHL fans. Organizing crowd volume before a home game to show love for an awesome road trip? Very cool!

Hope to hear you guys drown out the whistle occasionally!

Go Jets Fans Go

GO JETS GO

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
A storm is coming

I've been to two games this year already, living 2 hours away, I will be lucky to get to another this year but I will be cheering loud and proud at the tv! Go Jets Go! Rock the MTS Center!

JC Numminen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

People also have to realize that the lockout had an affect.
Screaming like a maniac for people who held us hostage for months is a bit tough. I sit in 318 for 50% of the games and I'm pretty loud (the 300 level generally is pretty loud). I agree that the atmosphere has not been the same and I think the combo of the lockout and less than exciting play has something to do with it.

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:02 AM
OnionPuck

Gonna blow the roof off this mother.

Got my horn, cowbell, and airhorn all revved up and ready to flow.

GOJETSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OnionPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:48 AM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hojetron View Post
I've noticed it's been much quieter this year as well, but the more recent games have been slow paced with hardly any scoring, so as a fan, it's tough to get into it and keep up the enthusiasm. Wheeler mentioned that their play hasn't helped the fans much this year. Thursday night will be different . . . I hope
Yeah I was just gonna mention Wheeler said it was quieter too, but also said their play didn't help. Without checking, I think we've given up a lot of first period goals to start the game, which doesn't help.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:41 PM
GrandChelems

I think it would be really cool if we could establish ourselves as unique from the rest of league by having fans that make noise to get behind their team and encourage/support them, rather than just cheering when the players create something.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:15 PM
HalfClapper

I generally agree the MTS centre isn't as jacked up as last year, and agree the majority of the "blame" can comfortably rest on a few lack luster home performances and some of the honeymoon excitement wearing off.

However, I find one small element of the in-game production leaves a lot to be desired in the "setting the tone" department. The new "pre-intro" (highlight reel set to "In the Air Tonight"). It just doesn't inspire the same pre-game catharsis that last years did.

The 2011-12 pre-intro was absolutely epic (set to "Two Steps From Hell"). It perfectly set the tone in the rink and carried the anticipation right up to the official intro. The words on screen setting the stage came in close succession and the crowd always popped for the sappy hooks like "loudest fans in hockey" or "15,000 strong".

This years pre-intro really isn't too different from last years, but it just lacks that something special for me. I find the stage setting is too drawn out with too many highlights in between, and as a result the "story" they are telling just doesn't resonate and the crowd rarely reacts anymore.

All that being said I think Jets Productions does a fantastic job. Unfortunately they did such an out of this world job last year this years is a bit of a let down.

HalfClapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 PM
ghost88*

It's definitely quieter in the MTS centre this year. Noticeably.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Wouldn't mind hearing a Redmond chant tomorrow. Might have to try get that going. I'm sure he'll be watching from home.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Che vy Teemuchuk

Enjoy the game in person guys. With no hockey over Xmas break I couldn't get to a game this year. Unless we're still playing in late June...

Git 'er done tomorrow night!!!

Che vy Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfClapper View Post
I generally agree the MTS centre isn't as jacked up as last year, and agree the majority of the "blame" can comfortably rest on a few lack luster home performances and some of the honeymoon excitement wearing off.

However, I find one small element of the in-game production leaves a lot to be desired in the "setting the tone" department. The new "pre-intro" (highlight reel set to "In the Air Tonight"). It just doesn't inspire the same pre-game catharsis that last years did.

The 2011-12 pre-intro was absolutely epic (set to "Two Steps From Hell"). It perfectly set the tone in the rink and carried the anticipation right up to the official intro. The words on screen setting the stage came in close succession and the crowd always popped for the sappy hooks like "loudest fans in hockey" or "15,000 strong".

This years pre-intro really isn't too different from last years, but it just lacks that something special for me. I find the stage setting is too drawn out with too many highlights in between, and as a result the "story" they are telling just doesn't resonate and the crowd rarely reacts anymore.

All that being said I think Jets Productions does a fantastic job. Unfortunately they did such an out of this world job last year this years is a bit of a let down.
I completely agree with the bolded. I loved last years intro, although I'm glad they ditched the Bon Jovi Lay your hands on me. But a Phil Collins song is still a Phil Collins song regardless of who is singing it. I was almost hoping Two Steps to Hell would have become our house song. It gave me goosebumps every time. This year the intro doesn't get me revved up

No Name Poster is offline   Reply With Quote