HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 20 | Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D, NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
I'd venture a guess and say it's a night off for White to nurse some bumps and bruises. He got bumped pretty hard and hurt his arm / shoulder last game or the game before.

EDIT : I should read the other posts befor mine, he's a HEALTHY scratch.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

vCash: 500
Wonder what the D pairings will look like.. hopefully that horrible Q-Smith experiment is over. Just doesn't click. My guess:

Kronwall-E
Kindl-Smith
Q-Lashoff

Old
02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
joe89

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he's frustrated and upset by it.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Hopefully they pair Kronwall with Ericsson, Kindl with Quincey, and Lashoff with Smith. Those should be no-brainer pairings. Lashoff - Smith worked well at Griffins during the lockout.
I don't see Babcock putting two rookies together, especially with one just getting back from injury. I'd expect:

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Smith
Kindl - Lashoff

Old
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Shoalzie

The best part of having too many players...guys need to be accountable for the way they play. White might not like being scratched but he probably deserves it.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he's frustrated and upset by it.
Whoa.

Old
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
After reading this tweet, I have to begin to wonder if there's a trade coming down, since we haven't heard anything about the Wings wanting to negotiate a new contract with him.

Old
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen
Look for the Carolina Hurricanes to trade for a veteran defenseman over the next few days.

Ian White...?

Old
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen
Look for the Carolina Hurricanes to trade for a veteran defenseman over the next few days.

Ian White...?
White+ prospect or pick for Semin?... I'd go for that.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:34 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Good, maybe he'll be motivated to pick up his play. Doesn't seem like he's been a total goat on the blueline, but he certainly hasn't been good:

Last 7 games
0 goals
0 assists
5 shots
-5 rating (including -2 in the 8-3 blowout over the Nucks)

Old
02-27-2013, 02:34 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Can't blame the guy. There isn't any reasoning to scratch him other than him being injured, which he obviously isn't. Gotta make some room for Lashoff! I'd love to see White openly rip Babcock for his managing this year, would be interesting

EDIT: Surprised you guys think he deserves it. I lve been fine with his play defensively and I think he's important for the PP.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Even though White's point totals havent been there this season, I dont think he's looked bad for most of it. Would not be that surprised if there is a shakeup trade, even though I'm not sure he'd have much value

Old
02-27-2013, 02:37 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
After reading this tweet, I have to begin to wonder if there's a trade coming down, since we haven't heard anything about the Wings wanting to negotiate a new contract with him.
That's true, there's been no word, but given where we're at in the season, I wouldn't necessarily expect there to be. The only UFA names we've heard the Wings trying to re-sign early are the obvious ones: Flip, Brunner, and Howard. Major players. I would expect the Wings to wait until after the season for the others (White, Cleary, Miller).

Old
02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Can't blame the guy. There isn't any reasoning to scratch him other than him being injured, which he obviously isn't. Gotta make some room for Lashoff! I'd love to see White openly rip Babcock for his managing this year, would be interesting

EDIT: Surprised you guys think he deserves it. I lve been fine with his play defensively and I think he's important for the PP.
White has 2 points, 0 on the PP and no points since February 10th. His play went downhill drastically last year after Lidstrom got hurt and if he wasn't right handed he'd be getting Lashoff'd by the board.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
joe89

Quote:

If you only scratch guys based on where they stand in comparison the other players, good players would never get scratched. From time to time you do what you have to do to get a guy going, regardless of the rest.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:

I agree that he's been ok defensively lately, but he's supposed to be a PMD who generates some offense. He hasn't generated diddly squat lately at ES, and hasn't on the PP all year (and he's had a fair amount of time with the first unit). And it's not like the rest of the team isn't scoring; we're 5th in the NHL in goals per game.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:45 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Just to play devil's advocate, maybe White is sitting so that we can have as much size as possible in against the Kings?

Old
02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Ian White is a sarcastic, bold guy who doesn't mind voicing displeasure. I'm guessing he's not happy about playing on the PP's mop-up unit and being demoted to play with the third and fourth line offensive guys -- IN A CONTRACT YEAR

If White was able to put up more numbers like last year (where he rode the PP and #1 pairing bus to a career high... He'd be looking at a 3 or 4 year deal with $4M a year.

Instead, he's going to be lucky to get a deal at his current salary.

To be honest, I'm surprised to see changes in the lineup after two solid wins.

In White's defense, it sure seems like he's played a lot with lashoff and Huskins. Not conducive to White's game.

But year, everybody knows that White is a passenger and not a driver. If he's not in a scoring/puckmoving role, he's a liability.

We knew this last year. This year, you can't have a Kronwall/White pairing (too small, not enough defense), so guess what. White gets bounced and he sucks in his new role

Holland spent a lot of time collecting complementary players over the years. But complementary players don't look good next to complementary players...

Old
02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
White+ prospect or pick for Semin?... I'd go for that.
Yes please. I'd even do Flip+White+prospect for Semin.

Awesome news that Kindl is still in.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, maybe White is sitting so that we can have as much size as possible in against the Kings?

Sure that could help the decision, but if White had played well he's not scratched to begin win.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:51 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Ian White is a sarcastic, bold guy who doesn't mind voicing displeasure. I'm guessing he's not happy about playing on the PP's mop-up unit and being demoted to play with the third and fourth line offensive guys -- IN A CONTRACT YEAR

If White was able to put up more numbers like last year (where he rode the PP and #1 pairing bus to a career high... He'd be looking at a 3 or 4 year deal with $4M a year.

In White's defense, it sure seems like he's played a lot with lashoff and Huskins. Not conducive to White's game.

But year, everybody knows that White is a passenger and not a driver. If he's not in a scoring/puckmoving role, he's a liability.

We knew this last year. This year, you can't have a Kronwall/White pairing (too small, not enough defense), so guess what. White gets bounced and he sucks in his new role
His career year was 38 points. 09-10 season with Calgary and Toronto. 26 and 12 points in 83 games.

Your point still stands for the most part. He did have a very good year.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:52 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Sure that could help the decision, but if White had played well he's not scratched to begin win.
The Wings have to trade/waive one or even two on defense.

Kronwall
Ericsson
Quincey
CC
White
Smith
-----
Kindl
Huskins
Lashoff

Even if they demote Lashoff, that's 8 defensemen.
And usually we carry 7 and go with two extra forwards.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:53 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
His career year was 38 points. 09-10 season with Calgary and Toronto. 26 and 12 points in 83 games.

Your point still stands for the most part. He did have a very good year.
Ah yes. Thanks.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:54 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Would be happy with one point. Bernier starting isn't big help. He's been solid this season.
Me too, The Kings will be very pumped up for this game.
Quote:
Could just be a wake up call, or could be the first indicator that they might trade him/let him walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post

Good point. I think we need the big guts vs the Kings (Sharks too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post

Holland spent a lot of time collecting complementary players over the years. But complementary players don't look good next to complementary players...

Old
02-27-2013, 02:56 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I really don't think he deserves to be benched.

You can argue about accountability, but there are plenty of other players who should have been benched already. Cleary and Kronwall jump out immediately. White must have upset someone.

Closed Thread