Notices

Bruins "Break-Up" Party

Old
06-26-2013, 06:43 PM
BruinsFTW

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Bruins "Break-Up" Party

So I had a very interesting day at work..

My owner (I work at Tasty Burger) knows Ference and a few Bruins cause they go into the Fenway location a lot.

I was told that I had to bring some food to a party going on. They have events all the time so I figure no big deal..Then I read the title...Bruins...I'm like the Boston Bruins, the manager is like yeah, the real Bruins..We're throwing them a party...I'm like

So I go down the street, Mt. Auburn and where Bow street, that building that has the Hour Glass doors...Ring the bell...Tuukka Rask answers..I'm like Hey, hes like whats up? I'm like Brian here? Hes like yeah right up stairs. I see Ference and he also says Hi..

I made a few trips back and forth. Last time I come back they are all outside on the steps...They had a huge inflatable kiddie pool outside so they all had on swim trunks haha. The building had no AC so it was like a sauna so they needed the pool. Too bad its about to rain..

I walk out and shook the hands of Boychuk, Campbell, Rask, Ference, Seguin, Kelly, Looch etc...Small chatted a bit, told them they had a hell of a season and they made us all proud and sadly had to leave..They were all drinking beers chattin having a good time and waiting for the burgers and dogs to arrive. All really great guys and didn't have any problem talking at all.

Certainly made my day, and was a hell of an experience. Party is still going on if anyone wants to casually walk by and get some pics of the boys in the pool hanging out. I'm sure more of them arrived by the time I had left as well.

Mods please move to the correct location.

BruinsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
So I had a very interesting day at work..

My owner (I work at Tasty Burger) knows Ference and a few Bruins cause they go into the Fenway location a lot.

I was told that I had to bring some food to a party going on. They have events all the time so I figure no big deal..Then I read the title...Bruins...I'm like the Boston Bruins, the manager is like yeah, the real Bruins..We're throwing them a party...I'm like

So I go down the street, Mt. Auburn and where Bow street, that building that has the Hour Glass doors...Ring the bell...Tuukka Rask answers..I'm like Hey, hes like whats up? I'm like Brian here? Hes like yeah right up stairs. I see Ference and he also says Hi..

I made a few trips back and forth. Last time I come back they are all outside on the steps...They had a huge inflatable kiddie pool outside so they all had on swim trunks haha. The building had no AC so it was like a sauna so they needed the pool. Too bad its about to rain..

I walk out and shook the hands of Boychuk, Campbell, Rask, Ference, Seguin, Kelly, Looch etc...Small chatted a bit, told them they had a hell of a season and they made us all proud and sadly had to leave..They were all drinking beers chattin having a good time and waiting for the burgers and dogs to arrive. All really great guys and didn't have any problem talking at all.

Certainly made my day, and was a hell of an experience. Party is still going on if anyone wants to casually walk by and get some pics of the boys in the pool hanging out. I'm sure more of them arrived by the time I had left as well.

Mods please move to the correct location.
I bet rask liked that haha

Cool story

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:52 PM
rkwittem

Awesome story. I guess the stories about hockey players being the most down-to-earth of the 4 major sports' athletes really are true. Proud of the team.

rkwittem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:54 PM
BruinsFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

Cool story
One of Rasks buddies was walking around in one of those child floaties that go around the waist and have like dinosaur heads...Was hilarious.

I wish I took some pictures but that would of been pretty classless of myself I think.

Old
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

Cool story
Nice

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

I saw Brad Marchand at a subway and he said that we're signing Briere.

Just kidding bud, thats awesome. Hell of a story...its only 10 though...lets head over.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I saw Brad Marchand at a subway and he said that we're signing Briere.

Just kidding bud, thats awesome. Hell of a story...its only 10 though...lets head over.
You mean he took the T?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:51 PM
ProdigalFan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. And yeah, that was cool of you not to take pics, but still get to shake hands and interact with them.

ProdigalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

(nonsarcastic) 'cool story bro'. That sounds pretty neat.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:28 PM
BaBaBruins
Ludicrous Speed Go!

Pics or it didn't happen.

BaBaBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
WithOutPaperss
Made it Look Sexy

Making me jealous over here

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:42 PM
David Krejci*

Color me jealous as ****.

David Krejci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:57 PM
BruinsFTW

I got a few texts from Co-Workers, who did get pics...that Rask came in the store at like 3am drunk as hell chattin it up with people and hanging out. Hes an awesome dude, was really nice when I met him. Nothing to say but nice things about all of the guys I met.

I also heard he disappeared downstairs for a bit with a lovely lady ..I'll see if I can get my friends to send those over and post em up.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
trenton1
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
I got a few texts from Co-Workers, who did get pics...that Rask came in the store at like 3am drunk as hell chattin it up with people and hanging out. Hes an awesome dude, was really nice when I met him. Nothing to say but nice things about all of the guys I met.

I also heard he disappeared downstairs for a bit with a lovely lady ..I'll see if I can get my friends to send those over and post em up.
Rasky business.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote