Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

All purpose Nathan Horton thread

Old
05-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

vCash: 500
Horton has impressed during the playoffs, like always. Any word on how long Chia has to re up him?

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:00 PM
HockeyNovice

If any other NHL team could get Horton for free, I would say even that would be to expensive!

HockeyNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:05 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNovice View Post
If any other NHL team could get Horton for free, I would say even that would be to expensive!
Are you retarded?

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:07 PM
reffree

Didn't like is piss poor effort on Toronto 2nd goal. It would have been so easy to skate into the zone and gives Boychuk an easy target. Boychuk had pressure on him and Horton had all the time in the world to come back ... Oh well, I'm a little angry right now.

reffree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:07 PM
HockeyNovice

No, just serious.

HockeyNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
Horton has impressed during the playoffs, like always. Any word on how long Chia has to re up him?
No, they keep the dates a FA an absolute secret. Its this weird thing they decided to do a few years ago.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

I hope Horty re signs, because if he doesn't, what the hell is gonna be on our 1st line?

Old
05-12-2013, 08:17 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
2gwg...6 pts...+7...... thank God for that line turning it on or we would be eliminated already.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Oates2Neely

I keep trying to convince myself that the Bergeron line will join the scoring party soon, but they get worse with each game. Good thing the 600lb line has put the offense on its shoulders

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
I hope Horty re signs, because if he doesn't, what the hell is gonna be on our 1st line?
Peverly imagine that fiasco.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I flip flop on this debate a lot. I know.

I mentioned in another thread that I can tolerate the entire Krejci line playing subpar for several months, as long as they can flip the switch in the Spring. But, I have to imagine that at some point it won't work. As long as they underperform in the regular season I will always worry about it.

I like Horton, a lot actually. I hope he can remain a Bruin and stay healthy, but at what price$? Not so sure on that part.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:24 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I flip flop on this debate a lot. I know.

I mentioned in another thread that I can tolerate the entire Krejci line playing subpar for several months, as long as they can flip the switch in the Spring. But, I have to imagine that at some point it won't work. As long as they underperform in the regular season I will always worry about it.

I like Horton, a lot actually. I hope he can remain a Bruin and stay healthy, but at what price$? Not so sure on that part.
I'm in your camp; I'd try and resign him but of course Peverley has to go, and maybe even Kelly. I like Pevs but something is just off with him; I'd imagine Horton would come in around 5ish which if subtracting the Pev dollars could work. Soderberg is going to need to get up to the speed limit and should, Spooner may be ready, and I still think Knight is the perfect Bruins in every way but needs to get the body completely healthy this summer and maybe have to play some games in Providence (he just does not have the experience yet- Marchand and Krejci both played over 100 AHL games)- but overall, he is exactly what the third line needs. Caron looked good last night, and told first two games did well, so to me this is a huge, huge offseason for him. Cunningham plays the wing and is going to go to Vancouver to work with Gallagher's old man at getting adding some grit and maybe a few pounds to his frame- I like him alot as well can do a lot of good things and has good hockey IQ.

I am running this I move Pevs and keep Nasty and his 25 that should be 35 goals and atleast know he's a legit top 6 and now is 2 years removed from multiple concussions, the time when players historically get back their pre-C games,

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Oates2Neely

Dropping Peverly is no-brainer IMO. Similar production and versatility can be had from within on an ELC.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 11:48 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm in your camp; I'd try and resign him but of course Peverley has to go, and maybe even Kelly. I like Pevs but something is just off with him; I'd imagine Horton would come in around 5ish which if subtracting the Pev dollars could work. Soderberg is going to need to get up to the speed limit and should, Spooner may be ready, and I still think Knight is the perfect Bruins in every way but needs to get the body completely healthy this summer and maybe have to play some games in Providence (he just does not have the experience yet- Marchand and Krejci both played over 100 AHL games)- but overall, he is exactly what the third line needs. Caron looked good last night, and told first two games did well, so to me this is a huge, huge offseason for him. Cunningham plays the wing and is going to go to Vancouver to work with Gallagher's old man at getting adding some grit and maybe a few pounds to his frame- I like him alot as well can do a lot of good things and has good hockey IQ.

I am running this I move Pevs and keep Nasty and his 25 that should be 35 goals and atleast know he's a legit top 6 and now is 2 years removed from multiple concussions, the time when players historically get back their pre-C games,
I don't know how prepared I am to move Kelly, despite his far less than stellar performance of late. For the money though he's really not bringing enough. If they're going to plug Soderberg into the third line then they're off to a great start in regards to cap, and plugging in a couple kids would help out huge there as well.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

I seriously want Horty to sign. The first line wouldn't be the first line without him. I dont see why he wouldn't re sign.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:52 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
I seriously want Horty to sign. The first line wouldn't be the first line without him. I dont see why he wouldn't re sign.
Could have something to do with not being offered a contract

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:31 AM
bigbadbruins1

I'm not sold on him.
He is performing well in the playoffs, but the one stat that has scared me is he has 10 hits in 6 games. For a guy that is a "power forward" he is shying away from contact when the bruins need him to make body contact for their forecheck or the like.

bigbadbruins1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

If this game reach OT, I know who I put my money on. Mr Clutch.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:56 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
If this game reach OT, I know who I put my money on. Mr Clutch.
Phil Kessel?

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Phil Kessel?

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM
DOGSTARMAN

>>DKH: I like Pevs but something is just off with him

What I've concluded with Peverley is that he's an impressive individual player with flashy skills but he does not make anybody around him better. He's one of the most individually oriented players I've seen in a long time. He'll go on a long, circuitous tour of the offensive zone with the puck but then try to take a shot or lose it. Unfortunately his shot is not good enough, or he does not control it enough, to convert the chances he can individually create. He just does not have good chemistry with linemates or the ability to make a line go. And that's a problem.

This is why it has been hard to evaluate him and his future with his team. When you isolate on him, he can look impressive and you think it's good the Bruins have a guy like that on the 3rd line. But when you look for the results or how his line performs, it's not there. Fools gold, that's what I call Peverley. The proverbial "practice player."

I would seek to trade him for something, without high expectations for the return, or worst case buy him out. I know that does not play well because, again, you watch him and think it's stupid to unload a guy like that for potentially nothing. But moving on from Peverley creates financial relief and a roster opening and that's worth something, especially for a team that has really struggled this year to put a decent 3rd line on the ice.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

He hasn't been the same since Gill destroyed his knee.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

So as soon as this season is over, Horty becomes a UFA right? So that means if we lose tonight Horty becomes an UFA? Jeez I hope Chia locks him up fast if that's the case

Old
05-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
2 no shows in series clinchers in a row and he is making Seguin look like a banger. This followed by a season in which he was pretty much going through the motions.

I suppose if he signs a 1 year deal at 2m I would consider it.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
So as soon as this season is over, Horty becomes a UFA right? So that means if we lose tonight Horty becomes an UFA? Jeez I hope Chia locks him up fast if that's the case
He can't be signed by any other team until July 1st. Chia has time.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote