HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All purpose Nathan Horton thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
  #401
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
Okay, he's getting re signed now. No chance he walks. None.
Where you finding the money? You don't just trade Pev and 3.25m to someone without taking money back. Horton wants and will get 5.5m from someone.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 09:49 PM
  #402
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Where you finding the money? You don't just trade Pev and 3.25m to someone without taking money back. Horton wants and will get 5.5m from someone.
I disagree. I think Pevs could be moved without taking money back. They did it with Sturm and I didn't believe it was possible then.

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 09:56 PM
  #403
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,939
vCash: 500
They have lots of options when it comes to making cap space. You compare how this team looks with Horton in the lineup (2011, now) vs last year and it's night and day. They'll do whatever it takes to keep him and it certainly won't require moving any "core" players.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
  #404
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I disagree. I think Pevs could be moved without taking money back. They did it with Sturm and I didn't believe it was possible then.
Ya but not in a year where the cap is rolling back.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 10:14 PM
  #405
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Ya but not in a year where the cap is rolling back.
True enough. It won't likely happen, but there may still be a team or two trying to hit the cap floor.

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 11:43 PM
  #406
SlickM32
Registered User
 
SlickM32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
I'd re-sign him for 4.75 max. I feel like he wants to stay after rotting in Florida. Dude loves it here and his boy toy Looch

SlickM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:41 AM
  #407
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickM32 View Post
I'd re-sign him for 4.75 max. I feel like he wants to stay after rotting in Florida. Dude loves it here and his boy toy Looch
Personally my breaking point would be 5.5

Anything over that he goes, under that he stays.

Ideally 5 mill per season for 3 years would be great.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:50 AM
  #408
Scotto74
taking a break
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,538
vCash: 500
I been saying for a long time. Horton has another gear in the playoffs. This is the type of guy you re-sign.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
  #409
Fopppa
Registered User
 
Fopppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Personally my breaking point would be 5.5

Anything over that he goes, under that he stays.

Ideally 5 mill per season for 3 years would be great.
That's where I'm at as well. Hopefully he really wants to stay, sees the cap issues the team has and takes a wee discount. $5M sounds fair to me.

Fopppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 09:45 AM
  #410
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
At 5m I can't make the cap gymnastics work.

We have 10.6m including the LTIR from Savard, right?

5m to Horton, 6m to Rask. You've already blown the remaining space, and you still need:

Krug and Bartowski on the books, that's over 2.5
A backup goalie at 700k
2 of the kids from the P come up and play forward on the cheap, but still there's at least 1.5m there

and then Krug needs a contract the year after, as does Bergy


Even if you rid yourself of Pev's 3m and take nothing back, it barely works. Btw Rask would be stupid to not ask for Howard money, so this could be even worse.

Ference for sure is gone. I guess you can buy out Kelly and put Pevs in the P to hide his cap hit. Without that, there's no room. And obviously Seguin goes back to line 2 and Jagr is gone.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
  #411
Shaun
best poster alive
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,769
vCash: 500
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Tyler Seguin ($5.750m)
Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Jared Knight ($0.870m)
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Torey Krug ($1.704m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($6.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,676,667; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $445,833


Come at me.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 09:59 AM
  #412
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Tyler Seguin ($5.750m)
Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Jared Knight ($0.870m)
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Torey Krug ($1.704m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($6.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,676,667; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $445,833


Come at me.
So Pevs bought out? You gotta pray that Bergy takes 5m the year after, and Krug doesn't go off and have a big season, because you'll never get him at 1.7m. Granted by then Bartowski may replace Seidenberg anyway. Gonna be tiiiiiight. Friggin Kelly contract hurts right now.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  #413
redsox7327
Registered User
 
redsox7327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
You gotta pray that Bergy takes 5m the year after
Cap will go up the year after.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  #414
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 40,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
At 5m I can't make the cap gymnastics work.

We have 10.6m including the LTIR from Savard, right?

5m to Horton, 6m to Rask. You've already blown the remaining space, and you still need:

Krug and Bartowski on the books, that's over 2.5
A backup goalie at 700k
2 of the kids from the P come up and play forward on the cheap, but still there's at least 1.5m there

and then Krug needs a contract the year after, as does Bergy


Even if you rid yourself of Pev's 3m and take nothing back, it barely works. Btw Rask would be stupid to not ask for Howard money, so this could be even worse.

Ference for sure is gone. I guess you can buy out Kelly and put Pevs in the P to hide his cap hit. Without that, there's no room. And obviously Seguin goes back to line 2 and Jagr is gone.
I agree with you here- doesn't really work; the Blackhawks had to lose multiple top guys so unless we can get magic pixie dust Horton probably is gone. Hopefully its with a second Stanley Cup

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:07 AM
  #415
redsox7327
Registered User
 
redsox7327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Come at me.
Where are your backup forwards and defensemen?

I think it's pretty clear, if we want to retain Horton and Rask, Chris Kelly is a luxury we just can't afford.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:32 AM
  #416
Kaoz*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Tyler Seguin ($5.750m)
Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Jared Knight ($0.870m)
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Torey Krug ($1.704m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($6.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,676,667; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $445,833


Come at me.
Okie.

- You have no spares dressed, Bruins will have to carry extra players at the very least on long road trips.
- You're already using all of Savard's LTIR.
- You have Shawn Thornton on your 3rd line
- You have no room to make any callups or Dday acquisitions

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:37 AM
  #417
Shaun
best poster alive
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Okie.

- You have no spares dressed, Bruins will have to carry extra players at the very least on long road trips.
- You're already using all of Savard's LTIR.
- You have Shawn Thornton on your 3rd line
- You have no room to make any callups or Dday acquisitions
To be fair I didn't put him on the 3rd line it did it automatically.

I suppose Chris Kelly will have to be sacrificed as well.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:44 AM
  #418
Fopppa
Registered User
 
Fopppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
The more you look at it, the clearer it gets: If Horton stays (and PC should try to make that happen), Pevs and Kelly/Boychuk will have to go.

Myself, I couldn't stand losing Manchuk and his amazing Rocket, so that wouldn't even be an option for me. Pevs+Kelly it is. Pevs for a 2nd/3rd to a Winnipeg or Phoenix perhaps and Kelly back to Ottawa for a bag of pucks (not a very easy contract to move, and the NTC limits options). If that can be done we're home free (albeit with an inexperienced 3rd line, but that'll have to do for now).

Fopppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
  #419
Kaoz*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fopppa View Post
The more you look at it, the clearer it gets: If Horton stays (and PC should try to make that happen), Pevs and Kelly/Boychuk will have to go.

Myself, I couldn't stand losing Manchuk and his amazing Rocket, so that wouldn't even be an option for me. Pevs+Kelly it is. Pevs for a 2nd/3rd to a Winnipeg or Phoenix perhaps and Kelly back to Ottawa for a bag of pucks (not a very easy contract to move, and the NTC limits options). If that can be done we're home free (albeit with an inexperienced 3rd line, but that'll have to do for now).
Guys leads the league in playoff goal scoring for dmen. He also leads the playoffs in hits by a defenseman (shared with Z) and blocked shots. Boychuk has been huge for Boston.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 11:01 AM
  #420
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,448
vCash: 500
Is the cap guaranteed to be at 64.3, or is there a chance it's a little higher based on revenues?

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  #421
stick9
Registered User
 
stick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 10,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
True enough. It won't likely happen, but there may still be a team or two trying to hit the cap floor.
As well as a few teams willing to pay top dollar for a guy with his skill set and experience. I would imagine EDM would be very interested.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:36 PM
  #422
5Minutes4Fighting
Light the Lamp!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Where you finding the money? You don't just trade Pev and 3.25m to someone without taking money back. Horton wants and will get 5.5m from someone.
You tell Ference "Thanks, but we can't fit everyone under the cap." Bartkowski takes his spot on the blue line.

You also lose Jagr's salary, and plop Savard's money onto LTIR.

You probably skimp on backup goalie, too when Dobby leaves.

5Minutes4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:39 PM
  #423
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,939
vCash: 500
I'm amazed at the number of people who think we'd have to buy out Kelly or Pevs. We could easily trade either guy. I wouldn't worry about it. Sure we won't get a huge return for either, but a pick/prospect for either guy is not unrealistic. On a team that is in win-now mode and relies on 3rd line scoring, they are disappointing, but there are lots of teams with less depth that could use guys with their skills and experience. Edmonton would be a great fit for either guy, for example. Any team that needs PK and faceoff help and has cap space would jump at the chance to get either guy.

With that said, it will be sad to see either of them go.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:40 PM
  #424
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Okie.

- You have no spares dressed, Bruins will have to carry extra players at the very least on long road trips.
- You're already using all of Savard's LTIR.
- You have Shawn Thornton on your 3rd line
- You have no room to make any callups or Dday acquisitions
Here ya go. I'll even go on the high side for Rask and Horton. Horton 5m and Rask 6m. Might be able to get them for a tad less. Or, if they want that much. Less years. Up to them. I have 1m to get a 3rd line RW. Maybe, more. I'll make the trades below.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton - 16, 250, 000m
Marchy - Bergeron - Segs- 15, 250, 000m
Soderberg - Spooner - ? - 1, 878,333
Merlot Line - 4, 000, 000

Total on Forwards spent - 37, 378, 333

Chara - Seids - 10, 166, 667
Bart - Boychuk - 4, 016, 667
Krug - McQuaid - 3, 270, 834
- Hamilton - 1, 494, 167

Total on Defense spent - 18,948, 334

Rask 6, 000, 000
Svedberg 1, 000, 000

Total on Goalies 7, 000, 000

Total Spent 63, 326, 667

We've gotten squat out of Kelly and Peverley during the regular season and playoffs. Hard to believe Spooner and Soderberg could be any worse. I'd like to start Knight out next year in Providence. Get his feet wet and make sure he's healthy. Missing a forward. I've got my 7 def. signed, both goalies, Top 6 and Merlot signed. Looks like a contender to me. Let's tweak it a little.

I've seen many Edmonton fans who would like a package of Peverley/Boychuk. Or, I'd rather trade McQuaid and Peverley. Keep Boychuk and re-up Ference for his leadership and presence. Can still play a little too. Just get prospects and picks from Edmonton. I've seen posters from teams like; Ottawa, Florida, NY Islanders ? Kelly's availability. You can have him. Just need a 3rd or 4th. Don't even really care who my 3rd line RW is at this time. Have all of next season to figure it out. Make a deadline move. Some pretty good pieces sitting at Providence who can be moved. Knight, Camara, Koko up front. If Tuukka wins the cup or gets to the finals. Subban becomes trade bait at some point too. I'd like to wait a year or two and have him build up his value even more.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:45 PM
  #425
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Bmessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
Horton will have to take a cheaper salary to play here. There is just no other way around it. It will be either take a bit less and play with your BFF in Lucic or go somewhere else and get 1million more.

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.