HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Value: Kyle Clifford to Habs

Old
03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Marc-E-

vCash: 500
Value: Kyle Clifford to Habs

Is a prospect like Louis Leblanc could land Clifford? I know Luc Robitaille really likes Leblanc. Discuss.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
funky

Clifford is a young, cheap, fan favorite that fills a valuable niche and can be moved around a lineup with ease. I can not see the Kings trading him. Our weakness is on the wings and this would add to it.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Clifford is a young, cheap, fan favorite that fills a valuable niche and can be moved around a lineup with ease. I can not see the Kings trading him. Our weakness is on the wings and this would add to it.
totally agree I would take a big overpayment to get clifford imo Hes developing into a 3rd line 2nd line to shake up the team lw imo right on course.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Marc-E-

Leblanc isn't that far to playing in top 9. This year he had an ankle injury that puts on hold. development . But I understand your stand on Clifford. I really like his game.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Leblanc isn't that far to playing in top 9. This year he had an ankle injury that puts on hold. development . But I understand your stand on Clifford. I really like his game.
Thanks to be honest it would be a tuff call for me on my fav king To me red dog is truely close to kopitar in my fav king. I see alot more upside then most kings fans I would love to see him as my 2nd lw with carter a richards eventually. All he needs it time to get his mintues up So in a year maybe two i wouldnt be suprized to see him on the 2nd line. Again i know most of my king fans dont share this view but given time they will

Old
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think the Kings value Clifford's style of play over Leblanc. They have a couple of prospects who fit Leblanc's style playing in Manchester. If Clifford is moved, it would probably be part of a bigger package to bring in a legit top line forward/defenseman, sort of like what they did with Simmonds to get Richards.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His value is NO.

We love Clifford. What he brings to our team is valuable, and it's going to be hard to find an equal. It's not that Leblanc and others on your squad aren't valuable...we're just now starting to see the fruits of his development and what happens when he has his man strength.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Yog S'loth

Kyle Clifford (not considered an offensive talent) has almost as many points in the NHL this season as 1st round wipeout LeBlanc has in the minors, in fewer than half the games.

How do you say "No thanks, dude" in French?

Yog S'loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:02 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
Kyle Clifford (not considered an offensive talent) has almost as many points in the NHL this season as 1st round wipeout LeBlanc has in the minors, in fewer than half the games.

Non merci!!!!

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

not a wipe-out yet. played in the NHL last year - in his 1st year pro and had a bad ankle sprain early this year. no need to disparage a player because you don't like a trade

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think the Kings value Clifford's style of play over Leblanc. They have a couple of prospects who fit Leblanc's style playing in Manchester. If Clifford is moved, it would probably be part of a bigger package to bring in a legit top line forward/defenseman, sort of like what they did with Simmonds to get Richards.
This, exactly.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Treb

vCash: 702
Quote:

Did Clifford suffered an injury at the 5th (6th??) game of the season that is still hampering his play (high ankle sprain can takes months to clear all symptoms) ? Is he playing with Zach Stortini?

You should also know that in the NHL last year, Leblanc (who is more seen has a 2-way talent than an offensive one) had 10points in 42 games (0.24 ppg) compared to Clifford 0.15 ppg.

Not saying Leblanc is god and Clifford is a scrub, but value is closer than you think. The difference is that Clifford has more intangible right now and his a product of your system, so LA says no because has other stated, it would take an overpayment to get him.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Is a prospect like Louis Leblanc could land Clifford? I know Luc Robitaille really likes Leblanc. Discuss.
Clifford has been the Kings best player on more than one occasion this year. He's having a great year and Leblanc wouldnt get it done.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Greenstickytoes*

nahh i wouldnt give Louis for Clifford. nothing against clifford, hes a character player with alot of grit and toughness but Leblanc is our future 3rd liner defensive centermen. that will prob play on the 2nd line if he develops like suppose to. leblanc is a keeper. maybe give a defensemen prospect like Ellis or Dietz with Weber and a 3rd rounder. but thats as far as i would go for cliff.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

The only way i entertain the thought of trading him is if the Kings add to him to get a better winger

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
The Big Red Dog will stay.

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

"More centers" is definitely not a phrase bouncing around the Kings front office.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Wow... We're seriously offering Leblanc for Cliffor now ? that's how low he is now for you?

Leblanc was our best prospect once. He played good last year. You guy's sound like the fans who didnt want Patches or who called Eller a fourth liner.

This is brutal... and then there's the clueless LAK fans who say no to a guy like him... Seriously? Seriously? Ridiculous.

I can tell you guy's don't watch Leblanc because he's just as good on the wing.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wow... We're seriously offering Leblanc for Cliffor now ? that's how low he is now for you?

Leblanc was our best prospect once. He played good last year. You guy's sound like the fans who didnt want Patches or who called Eller a fourth liner.

This is brutal... and then there's the clueless LAK fans who say no to a guy like him... Seriously? Seriously? Ridiculous.

Oh hi Mrs. Leblanc. Do you even know who Clifford is? He probably starts playing when you are getting into your pajamas and tucked into bed in your Les Habitants sheets.

FYI, Clifford was one of the names that Gillis would trade Cody Hodgson for. He's something the Canadiens aren't used to seeing, a big bodied, physical forward who can fight, play hard, and score the occasional goal.

Your reaction to this thread just goes to show how uneducated you are about players outside of your little bubble.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
markisonfire

I think Clifford has the most untapped potential on the entire Kings roster. I think he can become a strong second-line winger with lots of grit and some scoring prowess. When he is on his game, he is actually a dominant player. He needs to use his head a bit more often, but he's a smarter player than he gets credit for. He's sort of filling the enforcer/grinder niche, but he was leading the Kings in scoring for the first three weeks of the season (and was the only guy that looked like he was trying). As it stands, he's tied for fifth on the Kings in scoring.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:01 PM
topcat986*

Quote:

Clifford is far superior and Leblanc as a prospect is getting close to Tangradi range

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:10 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Oh hi Mrs. Leblanc. Do you even know who Clifford is? He probably starts playing when you are getting into your pajamas and tucked into bed in your Les Habitants sheets.

FYI, Clifford was one of the names that Gillis would trade Cody Hodgson for. He's something the Canadiens aren't used to seeing, a big bodied, physical forward who can fight, play hard, and score the occasional goal.

Your reaction to this thread just goes to show how uneducated you are about players outside of your little bubble.
ty that post made my day

Old
03-04-2013, 06:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I think Clifford has the most untapped potential on the entire Kings roster. I think he can become a strong second-line winger with lots of grit and some scoring prowess. When he is on his game, he is actually a dominant player. He needs to use his head a bit more often, but he's a smarter player than he gets credit for. He's sort of filling the enforcer/grinder niche, but he was leading the Kings in scoring for the first three weeks of the season (and was the only guy that looked like he was trying). As it stands, he's tied for fifth on the Kings in scoring.
I couldnt have stated this any better well said sir i totally agree as well

Old
03-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

You know what is funny? You described how I feel.

I've watched enough hockey over the years and I've watched enough Cliffor over the last two years, don't worry about me and my perception of Clifford(because I didn't crap on him at all.) I'm prettty sure I know what kind of player he his and what he could be... Thanks for the rational critics though. Apreciate it, I love it when we can have a civil conversation. We're adults after all, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
Clifford is far superior and Leblanc as a prospect is getting close to Tangradi range
Yeah, you pretty much never really watched Leblanc play...Heh ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
You know what is funny? You described how I feel.

I've watched enough hockey over the years and I've watched enough Cliffor over the last two years, don't worry about me and my perception of Clifford(because I didn't crap on him at all.) I'm prettty sure I know what kind of player he his and what he could be... Thanks for the rational critics though. Apreciate it, I love it when we can have a civil conversation. We're adults after all, no?

Yeah, you pretty much never really watched Leblanc play...Heh ?

Well, to be fair, you did pretty much poo-poo Clifford in your first post:

Quote:

You're offering an offensively talented PROSPECT for a physically imposing NHLer. The values are distorted by their values to their respective teams. Obviously, Clifford brings elements the LeBlanc does not and vice-versa. That doesn't mean we're clueless; it means we recognize that la doesn't need another center as much as it does a winger and that Clifford currently means more to our system than LeBlanc does.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote