HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 02:35 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 165
Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

As you were...

v4.0:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1254011

v3.0:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1163653

v2.0:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1084971

v1.0:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1018481

Old
12-09-2012, 02:45 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Sproul playing against Sarnia right now. Game tie 1-1, Sproul is minus.

Frk beating he's head against Saint John. Halifax is leading 2-0 after the first, Frk is +1 and picked an secondary assist to Drouin's goal. No pims yet .

Old
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Did anyone see the Athanasiou goal highlight form last night? It was the highlight of the night on TSN, absolutely filthy. He needs to keep it up. By all accounts he hasnt been a problem in the room either

Old
12-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Did anyone see the Athanasiou goal highlight form last night? It was the highlight of the night on TSN, absolutely filthy. He needs to keep it up. By all accounts he hasnt been a problem in the room either
Yeah, it was posted in the previous prospect thread that was just closed. I agree with the person who compared it to a Datsyuk goal.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Yeah, quite a goal
Quote:
AA's second goal was quite a beaty. Here's the highlights, assist on the first goal, goals at 0:42 and 1:33: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...0044c9bbd0e280

Old
12-09-2012, 05:50 PM
StormSurge9

Sproul didn't have the best of days. 0 points and was a -3 in a 4-1 loss.

He still has the highest Point per Game totals for defenceman.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
FissionFire

Isn't London coached by one of the Hunter's? Not really a shock that a high-skill player wouldn't get along with those guys and get labeled as "lazy" or "locker room cancer". That's the typical Hunter MO for high-skill players who don't fit well into their tidy little inflexible system.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Isn't London coached by one of the Hunter's? Not really a shock that a high-skill player wouldn't get along with those guys and get labeled as "lazy" or "locker room cancer". That's the typical Hunter MO for high-skill players who don't fit well into their tidy little inflexible system.
Not really, he was just being a tool in the dressing room whining about his ice time. Theres plenty of skilled guys on that team that float and they still eat a tonne of ice time.

The Hunters are probably the best at running a junior team in Canada, they wouldnt have traded a guy with the skill AA has without good reason. His behaviour and attitude outweighed his skill last season. Cause for concern but hes also young and a lot of guys are like that at a young age. Hopefully he grows out of it, it already looks like he is

Old
12-10-2012, 01:21 AM
SirloinUB

Last season AA was listed as 165 on the OHL website. Now they list him as 187. The 22 lbs difference is probably helping him elevate his game.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:11 AM
InjuredChoker

Highlights from Sproul's game yesterday.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Sproul was -3, but really couldn't do anything for those goals. It was mainly his right side defensive parther who was humiliated in 3-1 (by Galchenyuk) and 4-1 goals. The first one was maybe a bad decision from Sproul to go behind the goal.

If Sproul is playing regulary on the left side as a right handed defenceman, it's not the easiest job defensively. I'm 100% sure he will have easier life as right-side, right-handed defenceman at next season in Grand Rapids.

Last edited by Henkka: 12-10-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old
12-10-2012, 09:28 AM
InjuredChoker

It's hard to see it just from this video but apparently Frk managed to piss of Huberdeau big time.

They have fought at least once this season.

3:17

Old
12-10-2012, 09:41 AM
FissionFire

Wonder if Huberdeau ends up suspended for practically body slamming the linesman, especially considering the official seems to have been hurt. Might be a concussion.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Anchor Town*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Sproul was -3, but really couldn't do anything for those goals. It was mainly his right side defensive parther who was humiliated in 3-1 (by Galchenyuk) and 4-1 goals. The first one was maybe a bad decision from Sproul to go behind the goal.

If Sproul is playing regulary on the left side as a right handed defenceman, it's not the easiest job defensively. I'm 100% sure he will have easier life as right-side, right-handed defenceman at next season in Grand Rapids.
A lot of defensemen prefer to play on their offside. It puts their stick in the middle of the ice opening up better angles to make passes. Only drawback is playing pucks along the boards on their backhand but if they play there enough they can easily adapt to it. Then of course is the added benefit of one timers

Old
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
A lot of defensemen prefer to play on their offside. It puts their stick in the middle of the ice opening up better angles to make passes. Only drawback is playing pucks along the boards on their backhand but if they play there enough they can easily adapt to it. Then of course is the added benefit of one timers
Exactly.

Sproul: lol what defense, I want to score goals.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Yeah, youre right.

But at Red Wings or at Griffins Sproul won't see a single game on the left side. Because we are missing those righties and it just much more safe to keep lefties on left and righties on the right side. It's called winning hockey. Powerplay of course will be an exeption.

I understand righties on the left side only if you have too much righties on the team. But usually any team does not have because lefties are more common. Looks like Sault Ste Marie is having 5 right-handed defenceman.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:17 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Which is why you watch the D-man walk and swap so often on the PP. My guess is Sproul might get to play on the left on the PP assuming he can show he won't eat the puck and give away short handed chances while trying to keep the zone on his backhand. But he will play on the right the rest of the time.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Wonder if Huberdeau ends up suspended for practically body slamming the linesman, especially considering the official seems to have been hurt. Might be a concussion.
4 games. Of course, he'll be at the WJC for all of those, so it doesn't look like he's actually getting punished.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:33 PM
FissionFire

I'd hope that his time at the WJCs wouldn't count against his suspension time. It would make discipline a farce.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
newfy

Anyone heard much on Ouellets injury? Bob Mackenzie says he doesnt see a way that he isnt at the world juniors on TSN last night but then said the team training staff is going to be watching to make sure his ankle is fine.

Hes skating but hasnt taken contact from what I understand

Old
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
ChadS

All I've heard is he was supposed to skate today but is/was questionable for the scrimmage tonight. Which by the way is on Fasthockey for free, 9 ET (INFO).

Old
12-11-2012, 11:43 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Ouellet is paired with Harrington
Sproul paired with Pens 8th overall pick Pouliot

Quote:
Team White d-pairings for intra-squad games: Harrington-Ouellet; Pelech-Murphy; Pouliot-Sproul

Team White lines for intra-squad game: Hudon-Strome-Ritchie; Catenacci-Jenner-Rattie; Monahan-Graovac-McNeill; Shinkaruk
Quote:
Team Red d-pairings for intra-squad game: Rielly-Hamilton; Wotherspoon-Corrado; Reinhart-Dumba

Team Red lines for intra-squad game: Huberdeau-Nugent-Hopkins-Scheifele; Drouin-MacKinnon-Lipon; Camara-Danault-Wilson; Beauvillier
I take it Rielly-Hamilton Harrington-Ouellet are more or less locks, so the fight is for the 5th and 6th D place (and 1 extra defenseman)

Old
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Ouellet is paired with Harrington
Sproul paired with Pens 8th overall pick Pouliot

I take it Rielly-Hamilton Harrington-Ouellet are more or less locks, so the fight is for the 5th and 6th D place (and 1 extra defenseman)
I read that Sproul, Murphy and Pouliot are all rotating on the same pairing with Pelech. Murphy and Sproul are the ones really battling for the PP QB spot.

As a Canada fan I like the Ouellet Harrington pairing because they did play great together in the summer, but I wonder if it would be better to put one with Hamilton and one with Rielly. Rielly and Hamilton are both the style where they like to roam and take chances. Might be better to balance them out with guys like Harrington and Ouellet.

I was actually writing a post about Sproul in the team Canada thread and when you really think about it he has come a ridiculously long way.

Didnt start playing in the OHL until part way through his draft year. He climbed from a non OHLer to a decently high second rounder in about three quarters of a season. The year after that he led the OHL in goals for D men and now this season he is tearing the OHL apart and making a good bid to be on team Canada in a lock out year.

The distance he has came in 2 years is ridiculous lol

Old
12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
I read that Sproul, Murphy and Pouliot are all rotating on the same pairing with Pelech. Murphy and Sproul are the ones really battling for the PP QB spot.

As a Canada fan I like the Ouellet Harrington pairing because they did play great together in the summer, but I wonder if it would be better to put one with Hamilton and one with Rielly. Rielly and Hamilton are both the style where they like to roam and take chances. Might be better to balance them out with guys like Harrington and Ouellet.

I was actually writing a post about Sproul in the team Canada thread and when you really think about it he has come a ridiculously long way.

Didnt start playing in the OHL until part way through his draft year. He climbed from a non OHLer to a decently high second rounder in about three quarters of a season. The year after that he led the OHL in goals for D men and now this season he is tearing the OHL apart and making a good bid to be on team Canada in a lock out year.

Yeah its amazing how fast he is progressing.

And that entire draft class is looking rediculously good right now.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
ricky0034

Quote:

and all that with a fractured jaw last year and a fractured arm this year forcing him to miss games

Closed Thread