HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

RNH + Hall + Yakupov vs. Seguin + Landeskog + Galchenyuk

View Poll Results: see post
RNH + Hall + Yakupov 87 42.23%
Seguin + Landeskog + Galchenyuk 119 57.77%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-07-2013, 10:49 PM
samsquanch9*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
First time I've ever heard this. Yakupov was the consensus #1 throughout the whole year. He was playing injured too after the WJC and that's the only reason Galchenyuk closed distance in the rankings. Some serious revisionist history going on here.

You do realize HF prospect analysis and ratings are done by people who are fans of the team right? It's far from unbiased. The sentiment that Galchenyuk could be better than Yakupov was held by a few scouts but Habs fans and media blew it out of proportion on the eve of the draft and it's now become "many scouts". Laughable. Why have we never seen any credible scouting sources on the matter? Homer Habs bloggers don't count, sorry to say.
I've read it in a few different articles, even before the draft. I was just too lazy to go looking for them, and I never knew HF articles were by the team fans, my bad.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
aemoreira1981

vCash: 500
Seguin-Landeskog-Galchenyuk---much better defensively (Seguin and Landeskog were significantly plus last year).

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Seguin-Landeskog-Galchenyuk---much better defensively (Seguin and Landeskog were significantly plus last year).
Landeskog is very good defensively. Seguin is at best average at D, the only reason his +/- was so high was because he plays on the Bruins and on a line with one of the best defensive forward in the game

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:50 AM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Landeskog is very good defensively. Seguin is at best average at D, the only reason his +/- was so high was because he plays on the Bruins and on a line with one of the best defensive forward in the game
The times, they are a-changin'. Seguin's becoming a defensive force and is a big reason why the Marchand-Bergy-Seguin line is one of the overall best in the NHL.

That is what happens when you are part of an infrastructure that promotes well-rounded and winning hockey.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:00 AM
acor

Can anyone tell me whats the point of this poll ? Seguin, Landeskog and Galchenyuk aren't on the same team... I hope its not hidden "Oilers could draft better agenda", BC if it is, I start to question OP intelligence...

acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
For a poster with 1,400 posts, you'd think you would have figured out that +/- is a terrible statistic in general, let alone when comparing players on DIFFERENT TEAMS.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
For a poster with 1,400 posts, you'd think you would have figured out that +/- is a terrible statistic in general, let alone when comparing players on DIFFERENT TEAMS.
Compare same team them. For instance:

Bruins 2nd line with Seguin: +48
Bruins 3rd line: -22

A difference of 70.

Seguin's a big part of that. Seguin's a beast.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
LeoHabs*

Galchenyuk>Yakupov

While Yakupov seems to have the potential to be a great goal scorer, Galchenyuk is more of a balanced prospect. Unlike Yakupov, he hasnt been a defensive liability. Their stats are very close, and Galchenyuk has been playing with a lot less ice time. I've watched both players this year, and I really believe Galchenyuk will turn out to be the better overall hockey player. Yakupov will lead him in the goal scoring stat though.

LeoHabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Wizeman*

This is a very good poll. Usually they are lopsided or unrealistic .

At first glace you have to stop and really THINK about it. I switched my decision twice.

Landeskog is the best player in that group IMHO .

1) Landeskog

2) Hall

3)RNH

4) Seguin

?Yak , Galchenyuk are too new to rate.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHabs View Post
While Yakupov seems to have the potential to be a great goal scorer, Galchenyuk is more of a balanced prospect. Unlike Yakupov, he hasnt been a defensive liability. Their stats are very close, and Galchenyuk has been playing with a lot less ice time. I've watched both players this year, and I really believe Galchenyuk will turn out to be the better overall hockey player. Yakupov will lead him in the goal scoring stat though.
Kinda obvious that galchenyuk is a better defensive player. Yakupov wont be a + player any time soon.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:06 PM
tony d
The franchise

The Oilers trio.