HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, expansion and relocation, and NHL revenues.

Daly on impact of realignment on expansion, negotiations w/NHLPA

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 09:44 PM
  #226
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
So assuming the Red Wings move to the East in this upcoming realignment, what kind of compensation will Bettman offer the Blackhawks for breaking up the Chicago / Detroit rivalry and leaving them as the only O6 remaining in the West?
From Detroit's point of view, they've been compensated already ... Detroit has probably lost 10s of millions of dollars in revenue being in the West for 2 decades longer than Toronto.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
  #227
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
The East doesn't need the divisional playoffs, they are all in the same time zone. Also by not having the divisional playoffs, some of the old rivalries would exist.

I wouldn't mind first round in the division, but not both rounds.
I absolutely agree with that. The idea of Divisional Playoffs in the 1st Round seems like a fairly good idea, but I'd much prefer the rest of the Playoffs to be on a bigger scale than just within the Division. If they ultimately do go with two Rounds of Divisional Playoffs, I can live with that, there are worse things (Shootouts wins that have the same value as a Regulation game-timed win), but I think it'll have the potential of getting a bit boring after a few years. I like variety.

Actually, based on the League's track-record of changing things fairly frequently, especially the scheduling format,... wouldn't it be a smart idea for them to put a structure in place that allows for some flexibility in case they discover that it doesn't quite have the appeal, or the appeals wears off fairly quickly? If they put a structure in place that's too rigid and doesn't allow much for changes, then they'll either be stuck with it longer than they'd like, or they'll end up dumping the whole thing and find themselves restructuring the League again sooner than they may have envisioned.


Last edited by MoreOrr: 03-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.
MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:01 PM
  #228
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Realignment is NOT about making it fair for everyone. Realignment is NOT about moving Winnipeg to the west.

Realignment is about increasing TV revenues by maximizing the # of game with natural or near-natural local start times in as many markets as possible.
I guess the other major leagues have it all wrong then.

MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:02 PM
  #229
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
In guess the other major leagues have it all wrong then.
The other major leagues all have completely national contracts for their playoffs. The NHL is the only one that includes the first couple of rounds in local TV contracts.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
  #230
Mike Louis
Registered User
 
Mike Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
From Detroit's point of view, they've been compensated already ... Detroit has probably lost 10s of millions of dollars in revenue being in the West for 2 decades longer than Toronto.
It's all well and good that Detroit may finally move to the East. Realignment however isn't just driven by better TV times. Boardroom politics also for good or ill, play an important role in the final realignment map. Therefore if Bettman wants all 16 ETZ teams to be in the East, he will need at the very minimum, four non ETZ votes. Anyone who has studied Bettman's methods knows that for the sakes of optics, two of those four votes needs to come from the current Central Division (ie. Chicago and either St. Louis or Nashville). That means Bettman will have to do a deal with Wirtz to grease the palms for moving the Red Wings east. It may not be fair or ethical, but that's how the NHL works.

Mike Louis is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:30 PM
  #231
wildthing202
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Douglas, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wildthing202 Send a message via Yahoo to wildthing202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Also, I don't get why people keep putting Carolina in the Canadian-North division. We keep complaining about the Florida teams being with the Canada teams... Oh well.
Because the NHL would cease to be if they had to separate Philly from Pittsburgh for a third time in 30 years at least according to the great and powerful Comcast owner. That's it in a nutshell otherwise Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina and Columbus would be in proper geographic divisions playing teams who are actually closer to them.

I mean what exactly is wrong with these conferences/divisions?:
NE - Buff, Det, Clb, Pit, Tor, Mon, Ott, Bos
Atl - NYR, NYI, NJ, Phil, Wash, Car, TB, Fla

Nothing and all it took was separating the two teams that were separated twice before in 46 years of existence.

wildthing202 is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:30 PM
  #232
Predatorbill
Registered User
 
Predatorbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 825
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
It's all well and good that Detroit may finally move to the East. Realignment however isn't just driven by better TV times. Boardroom politics also for good or ill, play an important role in the final realignment map. Therefore if Bettman wants all 16 ETZ teams to be in the East, he will need at the very minimum, four non ETZ votes. Anyone who has studied Bettman's methods knows that for the sakes of optics, two of those four votes needs to come from the current Central Division (ie. Chicago and either St. Louis or Nashville). That means Bettman will have to do a deal with Wirtz to grease the palms for moving the Red Wings east. It may not be fair or ethical, but that's how the NHL works.
And Nashville gets the All Star game when our new convention center opens

Predatorbill is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:38 PM
  #233
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
It's all well and good that Detroit may finally move to the East. Realignment however isn't just driven by better TV times. Boardroom politics also for good or ill, play an important role in the final realignment map. Therefore if Bettman wants all 16 ETZ teams to be in the East, he will need at the very minimum, four non ETZ votes. Anyone who has studied Bettman's methods knows that for the sakes of optics, two of those four votes needs to come from the current Central Division (ie. Chicago and either St. Louis or Nashville). That means Bettman will have to do a deal with Wirtz to grease the palms for moving the Red Wings east. It may not be fair or ethical, but that's how the NHL works.
Dallas, Minnesota, Winnipeg, and Phoenix which is owned by the league.

The first three are massively better off with the new structure.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
  #234
Mike Louis
Registered User
 
Mike Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Dallas, Minnesota, Winnipeg, and Phoenix which is owned by the league.

The first three are massively better off with the new structure.
Dallas, Minnesota, and Winnipeg don't have the clout that Chicago has in regards with the BOG. Bettman is a politician first, and he knows which teams butter the NHL's bread. Besides Bettman knows better than anyone that for appearance's sake he got to get Chicago and either St. Louis or Nashville to vote yes to moving Detroit east. Also for better or worse, a good portion of the West depend on the Red Wings to fill their buildings, and are reluctant to let Detroit go. Therefore if Bettman can get at the very minimum, Chicago to say yes to Detroit going east, he'll easily get the other three non ETZ votes he needs.

Mike Louis is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
  #235
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Why is this such a big deal? Look at MLB. The Cincinnati Reds are about 90 minutes from Columbus. In their division they have Chicago, St Louis & Milwaukee. In the National League they also play against Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Colorado and Arizona. 7 teams in the National League are in the ETZ, where as 8 teams in the National League are not.

Same goes for Cleveland Indians. Seattle, LA, Oakland, Texas, Houston, Chicago, Kansas City and Minnesota are all in different time zones. The American League also has 7 teams in ETZ, and 8 elsewhere.

Why is this a problem for the NHL and not MLB? Why isnt the Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers, Pittsburgh Pirates and Cleveland Indians all wanting to move east? Mind you that baseball games run longer then NHL games also.

The NHL has a 30 team league and 17 teams in the ETZ.
MLB also has a 30 team league and 14 teams in the ETZ.

It would seem to me that with the NHL having more teams in the east, if the NHL balanced the schedule, there shouldn't be as much complaining about Columbus and Detroit having to play a few games out of their time zone.
It works in baseball because you go into a town and stay there 3 days. In the NHL you are in one night gone the next in many cases. And in many of those back across a time zone or two again.

tsanuri is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
  #236
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
Dallas, Minnesota, and Winnipeg don't have the clout that Chicago has in regards with the BOG. Bettman is a politician first, and he knows which teams butter the NHL's bread. Besides Bettman knows better than anyone that for appearance's sake he got to get Chicago and either St. Louis or Nashville to vote yes to moving Detroit east. Also for better or worse, a good portion of the West depend on the Red Wings to fill their buildings, and are reluctant to let Detroit go. Therefore if Bettman can get at the very minimum, Chicago to say yes to Detroit going east, he'll easily get the other three non ETZ votes he needs.
Yeah, the East. I expect this vote to end up being on the order of 25-27 in favor, with the Florida teams, Chicago, and maybe St. Louis and Nashville voting no.

NHLPA might be a little closer, but I suspect it'll go through there too.

Bettman wouldn't have allowed this to go public if he didn't know he had the 20+ votes easily.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:34 PM
  #237
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Dallas, Minnesota, Winnipeg, and Phoenix which is owned by the league.

The first three are massively better off with the new structure.
Dallas and Winnipeg can easily be much better off with a modified current structure, if the League made a concerted effort to make it happen. And even Minnesota's current alignment could slightly be improved. The problem is that the League didn't want to force the issue.

MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:40 AM
  #238
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Dallas and Winnipeg can easily be much better off with a modified current structure, if the League made a concerted effort to make it happen. And even Minnesota's current alignment could slightly be improved. The problem is that the League didn't want to force the issue.
Why force an issue you aren't going to win? Seven teams (WIN, MIN, DAL, COL, DET, CLB, WAS) want a change that can't be accomplished within the 6 division structure without breaking up teams that don't want to be broken up (PIT-PHI, and by extension the NY area teams, plus CHI, STL and NSH wrt DET). No matter how you realign 6 divisions, you've got 10 votes against.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:55 AM
  #239
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I'm a CBJ fan and I hate this proposal.

1. Playoff imbalance.
2. The CBJ struggle enough as it is, do they really want to move to that conference and have reduced playoff percentages.
3. The teams are further away. Seriously, Nashville, St Louis & Chicago and much closer to Columbus then Philly, NYC, Trenton, DC & Raliegh. Sucks for any fans wanting to drive to away games.
4. Loss of emerging rivalries with Nashville and St Louis. These teams in the east aint going to take the CBJ serious enough, and none of them will consider CBJ a serious rival. These teams have rivalries with opponents that span years and decades.
5. Detroit looks to be getting a sweetheart deal. And why is Detroit (3 hrs north of Columbus) grouped with the 2 Florida teams?
6. CBJ fans whine about 10pm starts. The CBJ will still play out west, and under new alignment will only see about 6 fewer 10pm starts.
7. Why doesnt the Cincinnati Reds who are in a division with Chicago, St Louis and Milwaukee have a problem with being in central? The Reds play more 9 and 10pm west coast starts (LA, SF, SD) then the CBJ do.

IMO, this is not quite as great of a deal as the CBJ marketing department is trying to sell to the fanbase. Give it 3 seasons, and CBJ fans will be regretting supporting this nonsense.

The benefit to the CBJ is financial savings from reduced western travel and increased exposure on TV due to more 7 pm starts. And I dont think the positives outweigh the negatives.


Unfortunately, the league is focusing on Time Zones for this proposal... So while All of those cities you named are closer than the east coast teams, they are all in EST time zone... Nashville, Chicago, and St, Louis are in the CST, and therefore start times do no work for away games for fans near home (in Ohion, most likely the columbus area).

It really does suck. I do feel for you.

azaloum90 is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:10 AM
  #240
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 20,251
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
The other major leagues all have completely national contracts for their playoffs. The NHL is the only one that includes the first couple of rounds in local TV contracts.
Not true. The NBA gives their 1st 2 rounds to the RSNs.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:03 AM
  #241
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,027
vCash: 500
San Jose
Vancouver
Anaheim
Los Angeles
Phoenix
Calgary
Edmonton

Ouch for Calgary and Edmonton fans. They go from a relatively weak division (Minnesota, Colorado, Vancouver) to a pretty strong division. Minnesota and Colorado get St. Louis, Dallas, Nashville and Chicago. Ugh. Yay?

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:36 AM
  #242
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Why force an issue you aren't going to win? Seven teams (WIN, MIN, DAL, COL, DET, CLB, WAS) want a change that can't be accomplished within the 6 division structure without breaking up teams that don't want to be broken up (PIT-PHI, and by extension the NY area teams, plus CHI, STL and NSH wrt DET). No matter how you realign 6 divisions, you've got 10 votes against.
If 4 x had never been brought into the discussion, do you seriously believe that the League would've ultimately voted to continue with Winnipeg in the Southeast? I seriously doubt it. A majority of owners would've ultimately settled on some other arrangement that put Winnipeg somewhere in the West, simply because it would be a lesser "evil". And in the end, whether it would've satisfied everyone or not, putting Winnipeg in the West would've still almost certainly have improved the alignment over what it currently is.

MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
  #243
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
If 4 x had never been brought into the discussion, do you seriously believe that the League would've ultimately voted to continue with Winnipeg in the Southeast? I seriously doubt it. A majority of owners would've ultimately settled on some other arrangement that put Winnipeg somewhere in the West, simply because it would be a lesser "evil". And in the end, whether it would've satisfied everyone or not, putting Winnipeg in the West would've still almost certainly have improved the alignment over what it currently is.
Disagree. Winnipeg should be at the end of the line for getting their alignment issues fixed. They knew they were in the Southeast when they bought and moved the team. Dallas, Detroit, and Minnesota should all have first dibs over Winnipeg.

Honestly, if they don't go to some kind of 4 division/conference structure, they should just leave it as is until they expand to 32.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:56 AM
  #244
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Disagree. Winnipeg should be at the end of the line for getting their alignment issues fixed. They knew they were in the Southeast when they bought and moved the team. Dallas, Detroit, and Minnesota should all have first dibs over Winnipeg.

Honestly, if they don't go to some kind of 4 division/conference structure, they should just leave it as is until they expand to 32.
Well, MountainHawk, what a surprise. We may just have to disagree just as almost always (but we always do it in a cordial way, right ). But I'll throw in another argument. You're focusing on Winnipeg's status in the League, but what about the status of all those Eastern teams, and the Southeast Division, that would want Winnipeg out of the East? And what about both Dallas and Minnesota which would believe that if Winnipeg came West it could alleviate their alignment woes? And perhaps even the California teams which could think that it would be better to remove that CTZ team from their Division.

If there wasn't that 4 x option, I still believe confidently that the League would've decided on some modification to the 6-Division alignment, and not solely for Winnipeg's benefit, as you describe it.

MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:01 AM
  #245
Retail1LO
Registered User
 
Retail1LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing202 View Post
Because the NHL would cease to be if they had to separate Philly from Pittsburgh for a third time in 30 years at least according to the great and powerful Comcast owner. That's it in a nutshell otherwise Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina and Columbus would be in proper geographic divisions playing teams who are actually closer to them.

I mean what exactly is wrong with these conferences/divisions?:
NE - Buff, Det, Clb, Pit, Tor, Mon, Ott, Bos
Atl - NYR, NYI, NJ, Phil, Wash, Car, TB, Fla

Nothing and all it took was separating the two teams that were separated twice before in 46 years of existence.
I agree with this whole heartedly. Honestly, I don't get it. They could have kept them together with TB and FL thus keeping those divisional rivalries intact, while joining them with NYR/NYI/NJ/PHL. However, the Lightning and Panther ownerships aren't going to complain even a little. They lost CAR/WAS/WPG as divisional opponents, and gained BUF/DET/TOR/MON/OTT/BOS. Those are some pretty attractive draws for the bulk of your home games.

Retail1LO is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
  #246
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
There are too many groupings of teams that don't want to be broken up to continue with the 6 division unless it is status quo.

You can't move Dallas out of the Pacific without breaking up VAN and CAL/EDM.
You can't move Detroit to the Northeast to make room for Winnipeg without moving BUF to the Atlantic, and then kicking PIT or PHI to the Southeast.
Can't move Minnesota to the Central without moving Columbus to the East, but then you have 16 teams in the East.

The 6 division structure DOES NOT WORK with current arrangement of 30 teams.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
  #247
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
I agree with this whole heartedly. Honestly, I don't get it. They could have kept them together with TB and FL thus keeping those divisional rivalries intact, while joining them with NYR/NYI/NJ/PHL. However, the Lightning and Panther ownerships aren't going to complain even a little. They lost CAR/WAS/WPG as divisional opponents, and gained BUF/DET/TOR/MON/OTT/BOS. Those are some pretty attractive draws for the bulk of your home games.
They complained in that previous realignment proposal.

MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:11 AM
  #248
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Suit and Tie Guy
 
Major4Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Heaven
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
However, the Lightning and Panther ownerships aren't going to complain even a little. They lost CAR/WAS/WPG as divisional opponents, and gained BUF/DET/TOR/MON/OTT/BOS. Those are some pretty attractive draws for the bulk of your home games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
They complained in that previous realignment proposal.
Apparently the Lightning Org is happy with the prospect of attractive draws for home games but not overly crazy about the travel

Quote:
So what does Yzerman think about the proposed realignment plan that has Tampa Bay slotted to play in an eight-team division with Florida, Detroit, Boston, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa?

"I think just mathematically having 16 teams competing for a playoff spots versus 14 (western teams) competing for eight mathematically it's a little bit more difficult so obviously we are not crazy about that,'' he said. "And logistically if it gets done the way it appears to be proposed certainly having four original six teams in our division is something I think our fanbase would appreciate . . . but again the traveling crossing the border and flying above Carolina and Washington to play teams in our own division those are things that we don't like about it for our organization.''
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...medium=twitter

Major4Boarding is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:13 AM
  #249
MoreOrr
B4
 
MoreOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
There are too many groupings of teams that don't want to be broken up to continue with the 6 division unless it is status quo.

You can't move Dallas out of the Pacific without breaking up VAN and CAL/EDM.
You can't move Detroit to the Northeast to make room for Winnipeg without moving BUF to the Atlantic, and then kicking PIT or PHI to the Southeast.
Can't move Minnesota to the Central without moving Columbus to the East, but then you have 16 teams in the East.

The 6 division structure DOES NOT WORK with current arrangement of 30 teams.
I'm not saying that a couple of teams wouldn't have ended up pissed off. I'm saying that the League would've come up with some 6-Division realignment scenario which would've solved some of the issues and ultimately have resulted in an alignment at least better than the current one (and I'm not just talking about an improvement for Winnipeg).

Detroit definitely would not have been put in the Northeast, so don't toss that out as an argument because it simply wouldn't have happened, I'm not stupid enough to think that it would've. It would've been one of Columbus or Nashville going in the Southeast, almost certainly Columbus (though I'm personally of the opinion that it should have been Nashville). The biggest questionmark is whether it would've been Vancouver or Colorado going to the Pacific.

MoreOrr is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:15 AM
  #250
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 4339
The simplest solution:

1. Group all Pacific and Mountain teams. (8)
2. Group all Central teams and either the CBJ or Detroit. (7)
3. Then your would have 2 conferences for ETZ teams. (15)

Then just balance the schedule and distribute the travel fairly among all teams.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.