HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Thorburn To Vancouver

Old
03-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Chris Thorburn To Vancouver

Just wondering about Chris Thorburns availability.

MG mentioned in an interview he wants a guy on the 4th line who can
- Play 8-10 minutes/night
- Kill penalties
- Be a physical/tough guy

Chris Thorburn fits that mould (from my minor knowledge about him).

I see he is getting less ice-time this year, and his point totals (even for a 4th liner) are pretty weak.

Has he been terrible this year? Expendable?

4th Round Pick for him?

*I know we just claimed Sestito.. but I think MG was reacting to Volpatti being claimed when he said "we wanted to replace that toughness as quickly as possible". AV didn't know much about him, so I don't think he is a player they actively pursued leading up to this move.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:37 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
I wouldn't say he has been terrible, but the Jets have brought in 3 guys off the waiver wire that also play bottom 6 roles (Wright, Peluso, Tangradi) and they seem to be giving everyone a shot to show they belong. Sometimes Thor is the odd man out. I would move him for a veteran 6/7 D especially a LHD. We have been having a lot of injury problems on our back end.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote