HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flyers interest in Byfuglien

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
Try Vegas, I hear they are looking for comedians.
I wasn't kidding. I would never trade the equivalent of B. Schenn + JVR for Byfuglien straight up. That's absurd. Byfuglien isn't that good.

If you're going to insult Philadelphia with horrendous offers like both Schenns + for Byfuglien, I'm going to come back and be equally ridiculous.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
JetsWillFly4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I wasn't kidding. I would never trade the equivalent of B. Schenn + JVR for Byfuglien straight up. That's absurd. Byfuglien isn't that good.

If you're going to insult Philadelphia with horrendous offers like both Schenns + for Byfuglien, I'm going to come back and be equally ridiculous.
Lukes a pylon and Brayden will never produce at a top 6 rate over a full season in the NHL.

See I can make outlandish comments too.

I seriously wouldn't trade Buff for the Schenns though, neither of them have close to the impact he has on a game. Unless its Luke getting burned, **** did I watch that enough as a Leafs fan before the Jets came.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I agreed with the two Schenns. I never asked for plus.
Even both Schenns for Buff is laughable. There is no chance they move them for Buff. Schenn+Schenn package could get you better than Buff.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:49 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 50
Personally i would expect Buff to be traded to a contender who deals assets that have helped their current team sit OVER .500.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:54 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
You Winnipeg guys, lol. How about you make a realistic offer, Buff isn't worth the Schenns, let alone the Schenns+, Homer isn't desperate and certainly wouldn't need to "buy" Buff, the Flyer's aren't that desperate for defense.
What do you call 14 years and 110 million dollars? Not saying Buff is Weber. But that smacks of desperation. 5.2 cap hit sounds a lot better than that.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:02 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsWillFly4Ever View Post
Lukes a pylon and Brayden will never produce at a top 6 rate over a full season in the NHL.

I seriously wouldn't trade Buff for the Schenns though, neither of them have close to the impact he has on a game. Unless its Luke getting burned, **** did I watch that enough as a Leafs fan before the Jets came.
I'm glad, because neither Luke nor Brayden are available. Luke is so much better in his own end than Buff, it's not even funny. He has turned over a new Leaf in Philadelphia. He annihilates everything that moves, has created a good deal of offense, and has blocked a ton of shots. He's gotten beat to the outside once, maybe twice all year.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
What do you call 14 years and 110 million dollars? Not saying Buff is Weber. But that smacks of desperation. 5.2 cap hit sounds a lot better than that.
For arguably the best defensemen in the league entering his prime?

02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
There are a lot of misinformed people that think Buf is a pylon, but his game has really improved defensively. Although if you don't watch him and only read about how fat he is on hf, you might get the wrong impression.
I watch him. I never said he stinks, just that I'd much rather have FA/Schenn/Schenn then him offering little actual defense help.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Personally i would expect Buff to be traded to a contender who deals assets that have helped their current team sit OVER .500.
oh...I see what you did there...cus Philly is having a bad year. haha funny. only year in the past 6 that they are under .500 and now they are bottom feeders. Funny guy.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*

Do not want.

Thanks

Old
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
If we were desperate, maybe we'd go overpay for a truly elite two-way defenseman like Yandle from PHX. But we're really not that desperate. We're 8th in the league in goals per game, and that's including the opening few weeks where we couldn't put a puck in the net to save ourselves. If we need to improve anywhere, it's at backup goalie (or starter possibly, as Bryz is just too inconsistent), or get a little more defense out of our defensemen, like Braydon Coburn, who has been a useless pylon all year.

The Flyers don't "need" Dustin Byfuglien. We're not even close to desperate for an offense only defenseman. Most of our fans happen to realize we have a glut of young talent, so yes, we inquire regularly about true #1 defensemen and would eventually like our team to acquire one, but not at the prices you're talking about and certainly not for an offense only guy like Buff.

And if Laviolette decided that he absolutely "needed" an offensive defenseman and was going to overpay, Byfuglien is exactly the wrong kind of player to get. We need a guy who is elite at moving the puck from his own zone, making tape to tape stretch passes, etc. Once we get into the opposing zone or even the neutral zone, our forwards are more than talented enough to do the brunt of the work. We don't need a guy like Buff to dominate the play in the opposing zone. That's what we have Giroux, Voracek, B. Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds, etc. for.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsWillFly4Ever View Post

aaahhhh. It all make sense now. quick question....is JVR better in Toronto than in Philly? Well maybe...just maybe, Schenn is better in Philly than Toronto. Is that not possible?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
aaahhhh. It all make sense now. quick question....is JVR better in Toronto than in Philly? Well maybe...just maybe, Schenn is better in Philly than Toronto. Is that not possible?
I miss JVR, but my god was Schenn awesome tonight...

And honestly, he's been pretty awesome so far this season. He dropped some weight, and he looks like he's involved all the time.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*

Quote:
Ya Weber plays defense and is one of the very best a defending. Which is what we need. $$ ain't no thang in Philly homie.
Mr. Byflugien isnt close to Weber.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
Ya Weber plays defense and is one of the very best a defending. Which is what we need. $$ ain't no thang in Philly homie.
Mr. Byflugien isnt close to Weber.
neither is his cap hit. The Flyers are going to have to sign 5 players with 2.25 million next year "homie". How's Pronger's long term contract looking in Philly these days?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Jray42

Byfuglien? Do Not Want, thanks anyway.

Byfuglien for both Schenn, Schenn, and a 1st?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
oh...I see what you did there...cus Philly is having a bad year. haha funny. only year in the past 6 that they are under .500 and now they are bottom feeders. Funny guy.
happily, i see, you can deal with some jabs and light humor.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
luongo321

Big Buff is a beast. Wish he was on the Canucks.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
If we were desperate, maybe we'd go overpay for a truly elite two-way defenseman like Yandle from PHX. But we're really not that desperate. We're 8th in the league in goals per game, and that's including the opening few weeks where we couldn't put a puck in the net to save ourselves. If we need to improve anywhere, it's at backup goalie (or starter possibly, as Bryz is just too inconsistent), or get a little more defense out of our defensemen, like Braydon Coburn, who has been a useless pylon all year.

The Flyers don't "need" Dustin Byfuglien. We're not even close to desperate for an offense only defenseman. Most of our fans happen to realize we have a glut of young talent, so yes, we inquire regularly about true #1 defensemen and would eventually like our team to acquire one, but not at the prices you're talking about and certainly not for an offense only guy like Buff.

And if Laviolette decided that he absolutely "needed" an offensive defenseman and was going to overpay, Byfuglien is exactly the wrong kind of player to get. We need a guy who is elite at moving the puck from his own zone, making tape to tape stretch passes, etc. Once we get into the opposing zone or even the neutral zone, our forwards are more than talented enough to do the brunt of the work. We don't need a guy like Buff to dominate the play in the opposing zone. That's what we have Giroux, Voracek, B. Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds, etc. for.
Sounds about right. Just to be clear I never said what Buff would be worth or if he would even be a good fit in Philly which I agree he's not really a fit there. All I'm saying is he's a very good player. He can take over a game.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*

Quote:
neither is his cap hit. The Flyers are going to have to sign 5 players with 2.25 million next year "homie". How's Pronger's long term contract looking in Philly these days?
Great. And I didn't know you were a GM. 5 players with a 2.25 oh noz! Just like we couldnt afford Gagne right?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:44 PM
broc

Flyer fans don't realize how much buff has progressed defensively from last season.

He's been playing D for 2 years, and he's improving every year.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:47 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
Great. And I didn't know you were a GM. 5 players with a 2.25 oh noz! Just like we couldnt afford Gagne right?
What is that supposed to mean? can't find the words to explain your point? I just stated the fact. Ans sure you can sign Gagne and still have almost 1.5 under the cap. Your whole post makes you look like an ignorant child.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:59 PM
JetsHomer

Can anyone actually back up any statements? Cause what I know about Buff is he is a dynamic force on that greatly out chances his opponents while he's on the ice. While playing 25 minutes a night against top competition. He puts up .8 ppg. He's a plus 5 on a team that's minus 9 while playing the last 4 games with Grant ****ing clitsome.

But Hf just loves to tell me how much he sucks and how fat he is. You people need to actual watch hockey rather than just post about it on the internet. This thread is a joke

Old
02-27-2013, 11:59 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 1617
On the Schenn + Schenn package:

Buff is a legitimate #1D and a very unique one at that. Schenn is an offensively crippled #3 at best and the younger Schenn has yet to really put it together at the NHL level. Obviously if he becomes a first-line center like he was projected to at the draft (4 years ago, although some people seem to think it's 2009 in this thread or that his value hasn't dropped since then) that's a good package for the Jets but the risk is entirely on them. I'm not sure I'd give up Buff for a #3D and what'll likely be another second-line caliber center (the Jets have plenty of those).

Last edited by vBurmi: 02-28-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: noted context after quoted post was deleted
Old
02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
SnS

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Schenn + Schenn for Buff ??
That's a pathetic offer for the Flyers. What a simple pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Buff is a legitimate #1D and a very unique one at that. Schenn is an offensively crippled #3 at best and the younger Schenn has yet to really put it together at the NHL level. Obviously if he becomes a first-line center like he was projected to at the draft (4 years ago, although some people seem to think it's 2009 in this thread or that his value hasn't dropped since then) that's a good package for the Jets but the risk is entirely on them. I'm not sure I'd give up Buff for a #3D and what'll likely be another second-line caliber center (the Jets have plenty of those).
Luke Schenn has been our best defender this season, he's been solid defensively which is what is asked of a defenseman. Hitting like a truck, making smart reads. Not getting beat excessively. Timonen took him under his wing and he is doing nothing but improving, greatly.

Brayden Schenn is playing remarkably as of late, whether it be on the wing with Briere/Simmonds or when he was with Voracek. He's hitting like a truck, making the right plays. Schenn is playing smart, and physical.

I'd rather keep both of the Schenn's then deal them for Buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Voracek+Meszaros+Laughton?

Trying to do a deal without Couturier.
This trade is also really bad.

Voracek is on fire.

Laughton is our best prospect.

Shocked you even want Meszaros. He's damaged goods' at this point.

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.

Last edited by Kahuna Nanu: 02-28-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Just merging
Closed Thread