HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

The Winger Acquisition Thread | Part VI: Lacking Wingers, "We Lay Waste Our Powers"

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guins71 View Post
What would everyone think about a deal between Pittsburgh and Edmonton centered around Kris Letang and Jordan Eberle? (this would probably need done in the offseason since the Pens need Letang for the Playoff run and Letang is due for a big raise)

I love the way Eberle plays the game. Think he would be ideal winger for Crosby.
Edmonton won't trade Eberle. Not even for Letang.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Great......Now I can be really disappoint again when Perry signs elsewhere in July.
Do not fear, the red panda watches over us

Old
02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Speaking of Edmonton... wow, I feel bad for those kids with so much talent getting shuttled off to meet their demise. If ever there was a team that needed Therrien, the Oilers right now are that team. A few vets to even out the roster wouldn't hurt either. A guy like Pascal Dupuis would work there.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Eberle or Hall. I'd bet they choose Hall. I think Letang could net a player like Eberle. They'd still have 2 #1 overall wingers in Hall and Yakupov.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

Hall - Crosby - Bennett
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

Kunitz - Crosby - Eberle
Bennett - Malkin - Neal

Kunitz - Crosby - Neal
Bennett - Malkin - Yakupov

Grrr... So many options.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
boardin087

The D market seems to be weak at the deadline. I wouldnt be surprised to see Orpik shipped in a deal for Perry if we went that route

Old
02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
mpp9

I'm not against moving Orpik anymore. He's clearly on the downslope of his career.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardin087 View Post
The D market seems to be weak at the deadline. I wouldnt be surprised to see Orpik shipped in a deal for Perry if we went that route
33 year old Orpik (who seems to be on the decline) for a 27 year old, former league MVP? We'd really have to sweeten our end of the deal in order to pull that one off, even if Perry is set to become a UFA.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Orpik + 1st + what for Pominville and Regehr?

they are definitely about to commence a rebuild, and their fans have been offering up Poms and Vanek all over hfbaords. Regehr doesn't seem to be in their plans moving forward and is a pending UFA.

solves our two biggest problems: Crosby's RW and a veteran defensive d-man.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
Speaking of Edmonton... wow, I feel bad for those kids with so much talent getting shuttled off to meet their demise. If ever there was a team that needed Therrien, the Oilers right now are that team. A few vets to even out the roster wouldn't hurt either. A guy like Pascal Dupuis would work there.
Bulking up their blue line (considerably) would make all the difference in the world. That team is loaded with current/potential elite talent up front.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post

they are definitely about to commence a rebuild, and their fans have been offering up Poms and Vanek all over hfbaords. Regehr doesn't seem to be in their plans moving forward and is a pending UFA.

solves our two biggest problems: Crosby's RW and a vetran defensive d-man.
I'm all for shipping off Orpik. However...is Bylsma?

Old
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Quote:
And we would not trade Letang, especially for Eberle.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
plaidchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
I'm all for shipping off Orpik. However...is Bylsma?
Yeah I'm on board now as well, actually he probably should have been traded off a year or two ago when his value was probably higher. Would've stung for a bit but at least I think we'd be in a better position now.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspeirs4 View Post
Saw on trade boards, Bob McKenzie reports Perry will not resign in Anaheim and will be a hot commodity at the trade deadline
Holy balls... that's pretty surprising if true. Did the trade board have a TSN link? If not it's 100% BS IMO.

But potentially awesome and scary at the same time. Awesome because we'd get a shot, scary because so will Boston and Philly and they have more roster players they can dangle in front of Anaheim than we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Philly gonna give up Laughton, courtier , 1st round pick 2013 for Perry .
Will piss me off but won't shock me if Philly pays a big price like that. He will instantly become one of the most hated Flyers if he goes there. He would make life difficult for us that's for sure.

Stop Full Holmgren before it's too late!

Old
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

I CALL BS ON MAIN BOARD PERRY RUMOR (that McKenzie is "reporting" he won't sign)...

...I don't see a single thing in his Twitter account or on the web site from the last 48 hours that mentions Perry walking away from negotiation, and it would DEFINITELY be posted as a short story, considering not much is going on right now.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I'm not against moving Orpik anymore. He's clearly on the downslope of his career.
Especially given his style of play. It's rare for defensive physical guys to last well into their mid to late thirties and still play at a high level. Their body just breaks down a lot sooner than guys who rely on smarts/positioning.

By the start of next season, he'll be turning 33 years old. How many defensemen can you think of that play the style Orpik has his entire career, that are still prominent players in the league? IMO, he's already showing signs of not being able to sustain his play for multiple games in a row.

If a deal is there to land a top six winger and Orpik is the piece required to do so, I'd pull the trigger because I'm not sure how much longer Orpik's going to have that kind of value.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post

solves our two biggest problems: Crosby's RW and a veteran defensive d-man.
A rather asinine trade if you ask me. They're rebuilding, so they acquire a 33 year old d-man? Orpik and Regehr are practically identical, so it's Pominville for a late 1st.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Guins71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I CALL BS ON MAIN BOARD PERRY RUMOR (that McKenzie is "reporting" he won't sign)...

...I don't see a single thing in his Twitter account or on the web site from the last 48 hours that mentions Perry walking away from negotiation, and it would DEFINITELY be posted as a short story, considering not much is going on right now.

The vibe i get is Mckenzie is just posting his opinion (not something that was announced)

Old
02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
DoktorZaius

After looking at capgeek for a bit, it doesn't look like we can afford to pay any single winger more than 6, 6.5 mil going forward. Likely rules out a long-term Perry deal, but who knows.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Especially given his style of play. It's rare for defensive physical guys to last well into their mid to late thirties and still play at a high level. Their body just breaks down a lot sooner than guys who rely on smarts/positioning.

By the start of next season, he'll be turning 33 years old. How many defensemen can you think of that play the style Orpik has his entire career, that are still prominent players in the league? IMO, he's already showing signs of not being able to sustain his play for multiple games in a row.

If a deal is there to land a top six winger and Orpik is the piece required to do so, I'd pull the trigger because I'm not sure how much longer Orpik's going to have that kind of value.
Brooks for Stewart+Cole. A 2nd for Regehr. Promote Despres.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
I hate hearing news like about Corey Perry not re-signing in Anaheim. For just a moment I get excited at the prospects of seeing him in a Pens' uniform, but then my rational side kicks in and realize he's not going to be traded/signed here and we can add his name to the likes of Parise as "just a dream".

In reality, he's exactly what this club could use. He's fantastic in front of the net, a right handed shot, plays with some snarl, and has the ability to score 30+ goals per season. Plus he's still in the prime of his career.

I actually think I'd be more excited about him becoming a Pen than if Parise had signed here, simply because I think his net front presence on the PP is something that could make our PP deadly, and of course, his righty shot.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Hopefully this sort of thinking bodes well for Paul Martin's longevity.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guins71 View Post
The vibe i get is Mckenzie is just posting his opinion (not something that was announced)
But that's my point... he didn't post it. Apparently someone on the main board heard it via radio but not one else can confirm? Sounds like BS to me. Seems exactly like the kind of thing he'd tweet even if just his opinion. Also his opinions are always informed. He's not a wild guesser.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

I'v heard him say multiple times lately perry will test free agency unless ducks blow him away with an offer. Hes also said if he don't sign he thinks they will trade him but I haven't heard him say as bluntly as u say. Im not really concerned about him to much if a team trades for him they will have to give up pieces off their roster so it might not help a team as much as u would think he would. It could actually help the pens in a way to if u have a bunch of teams bidding for players like perry iggy and alfie Its alot easier to get one of those pieces rather then a bunch of teams bidding for just iggy.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:30 PM
cheesedanish87

Flames signed an offer sheet to ROR

Closed Thread