03-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

vCash: 500
Awards:
March 5

Julien stands behind Zdeno Chara’s actions
On Monday, a day after losing Zdeno Chara for 17 precious minutes, coach Claude Julien reiterated that his captain had done the right thing.

“What Zdeno Chara did yesterday, I support 100 percent,” said Julien. “Besides that 17 minutes of penalties he got, what he did is going to go a long way for our hockey club. Especially for Tyler Seguin. Tyler’s a good player. He needs to know everybody’s got his back. Zdeno showed that yesterday. That will allow Tyler to become a better player. When you know people have your back, you can play at ease. That thing that Zdeno did is certainly going to help Tyler be comfortable.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...lrJ/story.html

In defeat, Bruins, Julien define themselves
In sacrificing Sunday’s game, the Bruins delivered a statement, a message, what have you. Chara’s penalty was the highlight, or lowlight, of the game, but how much can we really argue about it, considering we criticize the man for not dropping the gloves in the first place. And didn’t his reaction speak to the fabric of what this team has become?

United.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...eat_bruin.html

Claude Julien dives back in .
Julien stressed that his comments about the blight of embellishment — players diving and feigning injury in an effort to draw penalties — was not calling into question the character of the Canadiens, but pointing to a league-wide problem.

“I didn’t question their character, because they play hard and they’re a good team,” Julien said yesterday at Ristuccia Arena. “(What) I talked about wasn’t directed at them, it was directed at what we’re trying to clean up in the league. The embellishment, to me, embarrasses the game. I have a strong opinion on certain things and I stick by it. We’re a professional league here. Basketball has been through it and they’ve kind of cleaned that up. I’m hoping we’re going to do the same thing with hockey.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin..._dives_back_in

Krejci line must pick up pace .
WILMINGTON —While the Patrice Bergeron line was excellent in Sunday’s 4-3 loss to the Canadiens — with Bergeron getting a goal and two assists, Brad Marchand earning three assists, and Tyler Seguin adding a goal and assist — the No. 1 threesome of David Krejci, Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton had a quiet night.

“They were forcing a lot of plays in tight,” said B’s coach Claude Julien. “They were getting inside the blue line and trying those little, small plays that have been successful for them. But Montreal defends well, they come back and take care of the middle very well. Putting pucks at the net just like Bergy’s line did would have helped them a lot more.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...t_pick_up_pace

Will NHL be a no-show at Sochi Olympics? .
Will there be NHL players at the Sochi Olympics when the games begin less than a year from now?

After the NHL's second work stoppage in less than 10 years, its fans have been so thrilled to get their games back — TV ratings are up, up, up across the board — that most simply assumed the league would continue its participation in the games. Not so fast. The league met with the International Olympic Committee and International Ice Hockey Federation members some two weeks ago, and the best thing that can be said about the talks is that all parties have described them as "ongoing."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...sochi_olympics

Bruins, still talking 'team tough,' depart for Washington
Lucic on Chara's actions:

"It’s definitely great when your leader, your captain, is willing to stick up for your teammates. He prides himself on that. It’s definitely positive when your captain is willing to step up and do something like that.

" When a guy cross-checks one of your best players, and breaks his stick over him, it’s good to see that someone is willing to respond like that and defend our teammates. I think that’s what makes this a special group."

http://www.patriotledger.com/blogs/b...n?rssfeed=true

NHL announces new draft lottery
Every non-playoff NHL club will now have a shot at the first overall pick in the draft, the league announced Monday.

The 2013 draft lottery, to be held April 29, will be the first to see all 14 clubs that have not qualified for the post-season – or teams that have acquired the first-round pick of one such club – get a chance to make the first selection at the draft.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20628086.html

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:16 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I love how the Krejci line has an off game, and the press calls em out. Where is this when the Bergeron line is a no show?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I love how the Krejci line has an off game, and the press calls em out. Where is this when the Bergeron line is a no show?
I agree --biases come to the front door pretty quickly.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Mike from Attleboro with thoughts on the Chara involvement the other night. I couldn't agree more.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-bs-learn-past

5Minutes4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:44 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Mike from Attleboro with thoughts on the Chara involvement the other night. I couldn't agree more.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-bs-learn-past
Could not have said this better myself. I loved what Julien said about it as well, and hopefully he's correct. This SHOULD be a huge catalyst for bigger things to come going forward.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:50 AM
panny2727

i have no problem. will these actions cost the bruins the 1 seed. doubtful. if they win the final two wih montreal, all will be well. unfortunately montreal might be dumb enough to keep doing this. If they plan on winning hockey games in the future, imediate retaliation might not be the best response. The league and refs will continue to punish with 17 minutes or a suspension if the bruins exact there own revenge. i say as a group next time 20 skaters all finish their checks on emelin and mcquaid, campbell, or thornton challenge him to fight the whole game. besides that play hard, play with an edge, try to be smart and win the game

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
You have to believe it's just been "one off game" in order to question this. I don't believe that to be the case at all, that lines game has fallen off significantly.

At one point Krejci led this team in points by a significant margin. Now Marchand and Bergeron both have more and Seguin has as many... the same Seguin who has been called out consistently since the start of the season for his lack of production.

I'd also say that in my opinion the Bergeron line is rarely if ever a no show. If we're talking offensive production only then I'd agree but even when that line isn't producing they are doing good things in their own end and neutral zone.

Now to be fair, I actually thought that line played decent against Montreal. The last couple of games actually. No production and too many cute plays offensively but through their own end and the neutral zone they've been doing some good things. I thought all three had a fairly decent game, overshadowed by the Bergeron lines production but decent all the same.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
patty59

Quote:
No different than this site.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:48 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
you make a good point WBC

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:04 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You have to believe it's just been "one off game" in order to question this. I don't believe that to be the case at all, that lines game has fallen off significantly.

At one point Krejci led this team in points by a significant margin. Now Marchand and Bergeron both have more and Seguin has as many... the same Seguin who has been called out consistently since the start of the season for his lack of production.

I'd also say that in my opinion the Bergeron line is rarely if ever a no show. If we're talking offensive production only then I'd agree but even when that line isn't producing they are doing good things in their own end and neutral zone.

Now to be fair, I actually thought that line played decent against Montreal. The last couple of games actually. No production and too many cute plays offensively but through their own end and the neutral zone they've been doing some good things. I thought all three had a fairly decent game, overshadowed by the Bergeron lines production but decent all the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
No different than this site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
you make a good point WBC
I think our top six for the most part has been very, very good. Here or there you get an off night...Krejci's line better the first ten games or so, now Bergeron's line is rocking...

I agree with you Kaoz on the Bergeron line never being a no show, but either is the DK line...Horton was all over the place vs the Habs, and Lucic was pretty physical..they were too fancy however...Seems like the writer (who I love) is just thinking of that Krejci gaffe in his own end.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
duckchobbins

The problem with the Krejci line is that they all look lazy and disinterested when they're not scoring, Krejci in particular. It all starts with their breakouts and defensive play. Some nights they're just too careless bringing the puck across their own blue line, so much so that they rarely make it out cleanly.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
I think our top six for the most part has been very, very good. Here or there you get an off night...Krejci's line better the first ten games or so, now Bergeron's line is rocking...

I agree with you Kaoz on the Bergeron line never being a no show, but either is the DK line...Horton was all over the place vs the Habs, and Lucic was pretty physical..they were too fancy however...Seems like the writer (who I love) is just thinking of that Krejci gaffe in his own end.
Krejci as a whole has played very well this season, but in my eyes he's struggled over the past 4 games or so with the Montreal game being possibly his worst of the season. He'll turn it around, but I wish he would turn it up against Montreal like he does against Philly.

Bergeron has looked fantastic. That line is dangerous right now, with Seguin finding his groove and Marchand turning into a shooting threat in his own right.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

Absolutely spot on assessment Kaoz.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote