HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JUST FOR FUN...What would you be willing to give up for Evander Kane?

Old
02-27-2013, 05:52 PM
patty59

vCash: 500
Krejci is only 26, that's not very old.

I'm not too sure I'd trade Krejci for Kane anyway.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Out of curiousity, does anyone believe they would trade Kane for Krejci? Probably not.

Now, this sets up my next question. If bruins offered seguin for kane straight up, does winnipeg say yes or no? That's a tough one.
Not to mention Chiarelli would look weird with a busted nose and two black eyes.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:08 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Krejci is only 26, that's not very old.

I'm not too sure I'd trade Krejci for Kane anyway.
When you're 3-4 years away from contending (a really optimistic estimate to be honest) and you're trading away a 21 y/o, yes, 26 is old.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
I would offer

Malcom SUBBAN, Jordan CARON and Ryan SPOONER for Evander KANE and Mark STUART.

Doubt Winnipeg would bite but I would love to add KANE without losing a current roster player.

LUCIC-KREJCI-HORTON
MARCHAND-SEGUIN-KANE
KELLY-BERGERON-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
MCGRATTAN (waivers)

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
FERENCE-STUART
MCQUAID

RASK
KHUDOBIN

Last edited by Taz#24: 02-27-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:59 PM
BrainOfJ
Pure Bread

Dont know too many lottery picks that turn into 30 goal guys by the age of 21 and plays a physical game can be considered overrated but by any means.

When I look at the thread "I'd trade for Iginla 5 years ago." And then turn to this thread, it's kind of funny. Is Kane as mature and strong of a leader as Iggy, no way...but he's also a guy not even old enough to be graduated college making millions of dollars playing a game. He does however, have an extremely similar skill set to a young Iginla...and no, that is not just because they are both african american hockey players

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Out of curiousity, does anyone believe they would trade Kane for Krejci? Probably not.

Now, this sets up my next question. If bruins offered seguin for kane straight up, does winnipeg say yes or no? That's a tough one.
I don't think they'd do Kane for Krejci, but I still would hesitate to do that deal from a Bruin perspective. Not just because 46 is my favourite player, but also because I think Evander is somewhat limited- he's a scorer who doesn't necessarily create offense for those around him. The Bruins now often have an "all grind, few ideas" problem, and I think Krejci is a major part in the balance of our team

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
thepootamis

anything that isn't on the NHL roster

thepootamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
RunFromTheBear

To Bruins:
Kane
Antropov
Hainsey
2nd

To Jets:
1st
3rd
Koko
Subban
Johnson

Kane - Bergeron - Marchand
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Peverley - Kelly - Horton
Antropov - Campbell - Thornton
Paille

Chara - Hainsey
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - Boychuk
McQuaid

Bruins add some serious depth. We have seen what happens when we have a man or two down in the playoffs!

Last edited by RunFromTheBear: 02-28-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Brain Fart
RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
ORRMAN

Knight and two first rounders. Replace Knight with Koko or Spooner if necessary.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Evander Kane is overrated. I've read a few stories (no, I don't have links) that say he is not good in the room, selfish and, to be honest, a bit of a ******. A me guy.

Talented player but one that seems to care about himself and his numbers more than winning. I would not want him on my roster.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
To Bruins:
Hall
Antropov
Hainsey
2nd

To Jets:
1st
3rd
Koko
Subban
Johnson

Kane - Bergeron - Marchand
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Peverley - Kelly - Horton
Antropov - Campbell - Thornton
Paille

Chara - Hainsey
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - Boychuk
McQuaid

Bruins add some serious depth. We have seen what happens when we have a man or two down in the playoffs!
Trying to figure this out?

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
I think you need a video game thingy. But my son isn't home so I can't make it work.

Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
hahahaha of course you would, while you continue to praise Seguin and his "defensive play"
hahahaha.... yes I would. Why did you put defensive play in quotes btw?

Kane adds size, speed, goal scoring and skill. I prefer those traits to Krejci's which I feel is more redundant on this team. You have Bergeron, and Seguin already comparable or better point production wise, and you have Spooner already in the system. We have nothing like Kane in the system, and size from the forwards really halts when you get passed Horton and Looch. And if you're talking about adding Kane, even hypothetically you may as well try to be realistic... has to be money in and money out.

That said, the whole thing is just talk on a message board. No need to get your panties in a bunch, chances are slim Boston is pursuing a Krejci/Kane swap.

Last edited by Kaoz: 02-27-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:33 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
Me too and I wrote it.

I meant Kane, typed Hall, oops, I will fix that.

A couple years ago we got:
Chris Kelly, Peverley and Kaberle
for
1st, 2nd, 3rd, Wheeler and Stuart

Antropov and Hainsey are both UFAs and would add the type of depth we got when we added Kelly and Peverley a couple of years ago. They aren't superstars but they will provide tremendous depth and are solid players. Kaberle ended up being a bust but we won the cup so I'm not complaining.

Next year Jets are only down Kane and a 2nd.
They add a 1st, 3rd, two players with a 1st value

Maybe the 2nd would be asking too much, but I think there needs to be a pick coming back to keep it even.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

Kane adds size, speed, goal scoring and skill. I prefer those traits to Krejci's which I feel is more redundant on this team. You have Bergeron, and Seguin already comparable or better point production wise, and you have Spooner already in the system. We have nothing like Kane in the system, and size from the forwards really halts when you get passed Horton and Looch. And if you're talking about adding Kane, even hypothetically you may as well try to be realistic... has to be money in and money out.

That said, the whole thing is just talk on a message board. No need to get your panties in a bunch, chances are slim Boston is pursuing a Krejci/Kane swap.

Do you even watch the games at all? Krejci has been lights out. The bruins brass has him playing on the first line and I trust their opinion a little but more than yours to put it nicely

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Do you even watch the games at all? Krejci has been lights out. The bruins brass has him playing on the first line and I trust their opinion a little but more than yours to put it nicely
*sigh* Yes... let's do "this" again.

Thanks for your input KrejciMVP, never would have figured you'd take issue with trading Krejci for a great young player KrejciMVP. Have a nice day and thanks for your contribution KrejciMVP.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:36 PM
patty59

Quote:

I was under the impression that Knight had size, speed and a wicked shot? Too bad he's hurt almost all the time.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:38 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
*sigh* Yes... let's do "this" again.

Thanks for your input KrejciMVP, never would have figured you'd take issue with trading Krejci for a great young player KrejciMVP. Have a nice day and thanks for your contribution KrejciMVP.
12-2-2 enjoy it man!

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:39 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Marchand, Ference, Subban, Knight, and Spooner for Kane, Wheeler, and Big Bad Buff

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I was under the impression that Knight had size, speed and a wicked shot? Too bad he's hurt almost all the time.
My impression of Knight was that he's a tenacious little ******* and gives it 100%. Not overly big though.

When it comes to offensive ability, based on their respective numbers in junior/predraft, Kane looks to be on another level.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
My impression of Knight was that he's a tenacious little ******* and gives it 100%. Not overly big though.

When it comes to offensive ability, based on their respective numbers in junior/predraft, Kane looks to be on another level.
I'm an expert on many things and when I just went thru that list Knight was on it in the hockey section right below Sobotka. He is legit 5'11" and fluctuates between 205-210 depending on if he eats what Spooner eats or goes with his veggie frappes.

hopefully he'll be back soon, ripping a hammy I understand takes a long time and he can probably vouch for that

I am trying to not comment on him anymore until he plays but there you go

It must stink for him but if he can get back on the ice in the next couple of weeks he can get in some games and who knows

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm an expert on many things and when I just went thru that list Knight was on it in the hockey section right below Sobotka. He is legit 5'11" and fluctuates between 205-210 depending on if he eats what Spooner eats or goes with his veggie frappes.

hopefully he'll be back soon, ripping a hammy I understand takes a long time and he can probably vouch for that

I am trying to not comment on him anymore until he plays but there you go

It must stink for him but if he can get back on the ice in the next couple of weeks he can get in some games and who knows
I hope it's sooner rather then later and that he has a Marchand like career progression.

I have some Leaf fan buds I want to make feel worse about themselves.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:

Yeah, Knight is a Kane-lite-lite. Similar players but Knight isn't much past a 3rd liner. I think he'll be a ****ing great 3rd liner, though. Nothing wrong with that. Our top-6 is pretty much set for the next decade... Lucic, Marchand, and Seguin are all under 24, Krejci and Bergeron are only 26/27, Spooner has top-6 potential, then free agents/trades, etc.

If he wasn't hurt he probably would have been called up in favor of Tardiff/Spooner by now. Even if he won't be the greatest player, he'll make it in the NHL, and he'll sure as hell make it on the Bruins. He fits in perfectly here. Two-horse race between him and Spooner for a full time roster spot next year, IMO. Maybe include KoKo, too.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:41 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

With Horton and Kelly's NTCs the only return piece that is in the NHL at forward is Peverley who we got back from them. (Krejci and Marchand are untouchable with their good contracts.)

If you want to give up Seguin/Hamilton or any other stars I am sure Kane could be had but I don't want to do that.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Save By Thomas
I Rep That West

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
......and no, that is not just because they are both African-American Hockey players.
Kind of hard to be "African-American" when you were born and live in Canada.

Save By Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote