HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

{Xbox 360} HF Fresh League (Part2) INCLUDES ROSTER UPDATE-5 TEAMS OPEN

Old
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
ConoR187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
yeah, i quit the league. are open. not going to sit here and waste my time losing games i should win because my team cant skate,hit,pass, or shoot.

ill consider joining back if theres a team open thats not complete garbage

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Preds got to play
and

Vyse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:48 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
Half the point of GMC leagues is the GM part. You could try making your team better instead of whining about not being handed a pre-made titan.

kdfsjljklgjfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
SashaSemin28
My Krasnaya Mashina

vCash: 833
Send a message via Skype™ to SashaSemin28
has the game advanced?

SashaSemin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
noexult

yes, it has, was invited this morning and I had Datsyuk centering m 1st line

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Wesleyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
Half the point of GMC leagues is the GM part. You could try making your team better instead of whining about not being handed a pre-made titan.
To be fair his team was pretty bad

Wesleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
3 Beers 1 Cup

No offense to him, but he made the decision after I beat him last night, and if he considers a game where he's out-shot 40-5 a game that he "should have won" he's just wrong.

I mean, yeah the teams pretty bad, but my Florida team is pretty crappy too (especially with Vanek and Campbell injured right now).

Just sucks because we're probably not going to find a replacement for NJD.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Wesleyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
No offense to him, but he made the decision after I beat him last night, and if he considers a game where he's out-shot 40-5 a game that he "should have won" he's just wrong.

I mean, yeah the teams pretty bad, but my Florida team is pretty crappy too (especially with Vanek and Campbell injured right now).

Same with Detroit since they decided to trade kronwall and datsyuk for a bag of pucks, but if the new gms complained enough they probably could get all their franchise player deals reversed

Old
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
SnS
Global Moderator

Quote:
yeah, i quit the league. are open. not going to sit here and waste my time losing games i should win because my team cant skate,hit,pass, or shoot.

Quote:
But when his team is that bad, It's pretty hard. I think he has 1 forward above 80 overall.

His team was destroyed by previous NJD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleyy View Post
To be fair his team was pretty bad
Very.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post

Pretty sure that's not Conor's fault, I don't think he made a single deal.

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:24 AM
CanuckCity

Hey everyone sorry for kind of disappearing there. Was doing a double move via three cities the whole weekend and didn't even had time to come on here. I know St. Louis was commish most of the time and have noticed that San Jose has now taken over so hopefully we didn't get too far behind schedule.

Sorry for being so inconsistent with sims etc. but I'm finally at a permanent residence for the first time in 6 months so there's no reason for it to continue. Thanks for being so patient.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
3 Beers 1 Cup

Quote:
Same with Detroit since they decided to trade kronwall and datsyuk for a bag of pucks, but if the new gms complained enough they probably could get all their franchise player deals reversed
Also happened after I beat Detroit

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:47 AM
SnS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Hey everyone sorry for kind of disappearing there. Was doing a double move via three cities the whole weekend and didn't even had time to come on here. I know St. Louis was commish most of the time and have noticed that San Jose has now taken over so hopefully we didn't get too far behind schedule.

Sorry for being so inconsistent with sims etc. but I'm finally at a permanent residence for the first time in 6 months so there's no reason for it to continue. Thanks for being so patient.
SJ has been pretty on point. Hoping he approves/approved the STL/DAL re-trade back since it was CPU stuff involved so STL and I can resume talks about Semin.

Last edited by SnS: 04-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
HAHAHA the only players worth anything are seguin, larsson, krejci, hamilton, and jones. people were offering me crap for hamilton, like 80 ovr old wingers, no one wanted krejci, and jones is like a 63. everyone else was below 75 with 7 million+ contracts to fit under the cap, so untradeable.

i dont care about being a good team, i just want a playable team. you cant trade when you have 2 valuable players.

Quote:

Must be soooo easy when your team can skate by easy, not get knocked over, and not fumble every pass huh? This game is 95% overalls, which your team destroys me in... If you win 2-1 in OT with that **** then yes I would like to think i win with decent players..

i have no idea why someone would kill that team so badly in a league where you play 82 games.. in a sim league maybe but who wants to lose with those players

Old
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
SnS
Global Moderator

Quote:
HAHAHA the only players worth anything are seguin, larsson, krejci, hamilton, and jones. people were offering me crap for hamilton, like 80 ovr old wingers, no one wanted krejci, and jones is like a 63. everyone else was below 75 with 7 million+ contracts to fit under the cap, so untradeable.

i dont care about being a good team, i just want a playable team. you cant trade when you have 2 valuable players.
Side note, but I would have offered for Krejci if I knew he was available.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:20 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Side note, but I would have offered for Krejci if I knew he was available.
how would trading him make my team more playable? its not like hes worth a fortune

basically anyway you put it there is no way to make that team bearable to play with no matter what trades you make, and im not going to waste my time with 82 games because some one else was an idiot.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
how would trading him make my team more playable? its not like hes worth a fortune

basically anyway you put it there is no way to make that team bearable to play with no matter what trades you make, and im not going to waste my time with 82 games because some one else was an idiot.
I joined this one league with the original panthers. Best player was Campbell in season one had goaltender theadore. And I went 24-5 to make 8th in the playoffs. We all know how good the top line of Weiss, flieshman and versteeg is. So no complaints about how crap your team is. It's the player not the team. if you can't play D your gonna get scored on. If you can make plays your not gonna score.

Sim will be tonight. As there is only 1-2 games per person. 9MST

Faithful67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
McDavidsLulaInMyBund
Oilers!

Quote:
Detroit was very happy with the trade he made

McDavidsLulaInMyBund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Wesleyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Detroit was very happy with the trade he made
So was the old wpg gm

Old
04-03-2013, 02:42 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
I joined this one league with the original panthers. Best player was Campbell in season one had goaltender theadore. And I went 24-5 to make 8th in the playoffs. We all know how good the top line of Weiss, flieshman and versteeg is. So no complaints about how crap your team is. It's the player not the team. if you can't play D your gonna get scored on. If you can make plays your not gonna score.

Sim will be tonight. As there is only 1-2 games per person. 9MST
Panthers 3rd line is better then my 1st save seguin... ask anyone who saw my team

Old
04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
But when his team is that bad, It's pretty hard. I think he has 1 forward above 80 overall.
Quote:
I played a versus game against a friend recently (one who regularly makes cup finals in leagues) as Switzerland (who has a large majority of 65ish overall players), when he was the US. I only got outshot 30-15. If you get outshot 40-5, it's not your team's fault.

In the league's first season, I made the playoffs when I had 2 players over 80 overall. The rest of my roster was mid 70's. There is a dozen or more players in free agency at 78 overall.

If all of those guys are sitting there and you're complaining about having a junk team, then you didn't even try.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
I played a versus game against a friend recently (one who regularly makes cup finals in leagues) as Switzerland (who has a large majority of 65ish overall players), when he was the US. I only got outshot 30-15. If you get outshot 40-5, it's not your team's fault.

In the league's first season, I made the playoffs when I had 2 players over 80 overall. The rest of my roster was mid 70's. There is a dozen or more players in free agency at 78 overall.

If all of those guys are sitting there and you're complaining about having a junk team, then you didn't even try.
lol what an awful argument.. u got outshot in a meaningless versus game just like me thank you for proving my point

if you noticed people were snatching free agents also, i only managed to get cooke for some reason...

not gonna argue about this anymore, i was gonna leave a while back with the horrible (if any) offers i was getting so it wasnt even worth playing.. just hilarious how whoever i lost to thought i quit because i lost

Old
04-03-2013, 04:01 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
lol what an awful argument.. u got outshot in a meaningless versus game just like me thank you for proving my point
As a team with 60's, by a less margin than you with an NHL team.

Quote:
if you noticed people were snatching free agents also, i only managed to get cooke for some reason...
And there is a dozen still there with 0 offers on them.

Quote:
just hilarious how whoever i lost to thought i quit because i lost
"My team is bad and I keep losing really bad so I'm leaving."

Old
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Wesleyy

Quote:
As a team with 60's, by a less margin than you with an NHL team.

And there is a dozen still there with 0 offers on them.

"My team is bad and I keep losing really bad so I'm leaving."
what's the point of arguing if his team is bad or not. He's not going to decide to stay because you convinced him. His team is bad, maybe he is not the greatest player in the world but if he is losing and having not having fun of course he's going to leave, its a game, not a job.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:10 PM
noexult

also got Juvonen from the 2013 draft. Better than S. Jones at least

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:31 PM
CanuckCity

Someone want to fill me in here? From what im gathering this guy joined as the devils, realized they have a ****** team and left. What's the big deal? If he wants to go let him go. He clearly isn't committed for the long term so why are we arguing with him. New Jersey went full rebuild and bailed which sucks but he got very good returns on his players and very good picks. They will be a very good team in a year or two.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote