HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v27: Ujiri signs 5 year, $3m per year deal to become Raptors GM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
  #276
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post

#imagine
Why is he teasing us?

Eytinge is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
  #277
Emerica
Thank You Alfie
 
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Why is he teasing us?
If only...

Emerica is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  #278
Shimso
Registered User
 
Shimso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post

#imagine
As much as I don't like players who demand where they want to go, I really hope he pulls a Kobe for us

Shimso is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
  #279
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,948
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Why is he teasing us?
He's not teasing, he's from Toronto. It's his favourite team

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
  #280
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
As much as I don't like players who demand where they want to go, I really hope he pulls a Kobe for us
Doubt any top prospect ever pulls something like that during the social media age. They would get killed, and the top pick gets the most money/fame/attention, which is what all draftees want.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
  #281
Kb21
Registered User
 
Kb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
but seriously, if he had a choice bobcats or raptors i'm sure we all know which team he would pick....




















the bobcats because he doesn't want to be on a team with BC as GM.

Kb21 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
  #282
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post

#imagine
only in my dreams

Kulemon is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
  #283
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,096
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...155026241.html

Quote:
The Raptors are looking for a veteran power forward and could make a run at Golden State's Carl Landry if he opts out of his deal this summer, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
I want Millsap, but I know that's not going to happen.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  #284
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...155026241.html



I want Millsap, but I know that's not going to happen.
Eh..... Decent fit I guess.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
  #285
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Isn't Carl Landry a terrible defender and mediocre rebounder? I know he can score in the post, but it doesn't seem like a great fit to me.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  #286
Joey24
Registered User
 
Joey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Isn't Carl Landry a terrible defender and mediocre rebounder? I know he can score in the post, but it doesn't seem like a great fit to me.
Not really ay, You would be thinking they are or should be looking for a defensive, agressive player who can rebound. With DD, Gay, KL, all starting why do or would you need another guy who only grabs a few boards and is adequate at best on the defensive end of the floor.

Toronto needs to get more aggressive and I would love for them to go out and make a trade for Kris Humphries, who before this year I would have been all over. But since he got that big contract he doesn't seem like the same player.

Maybe Reggie Evans who is just a rebounding machine, but has little else, he does bring intensity though.

But imo I really think JJ Hickson is the guy the Raptors should be looking at this off season. Can rebound, has some scoring and imo is still improving. In his 4th NBA season he's starting to break out and I think he's just what the Raptors could use at PF. and he's a FA in the summer.

Joey24 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
  #287
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
As much as I don't like players who demand where they want to go, I really hope he pulls a Kobe for us
am I missing something, who is this man?

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
  #288
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
am I missing something, who is this man?
Andrew Wiggins. Could be the best prospect since LeBron. He's Canadian and from Toronto and grew up a Raptors fan.

If the Raptors were to somehow get him, you don't even know how big of an impact he would have for the Raptors and Canadian basketball as a whole. It would be amazing.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
  #289
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,948
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
am I missing something, who is this man?
Probably going to the best Canadian basketball player ever. Barring injuries and some set backs.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
  #290
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Andrew Wiggins. Could be the best prospect since LeBron. He's Canadian and from Toronto and grew up a Raptors fan.

If the Raptors were to somehow get him, you don't even know how big of an impact he would have for the Raptors and Canadian basketball as a whole. It would be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Probably going to the best Canadian basketball player ever. Barring injuries and some set backs.
didn't we trade our first rounder though? or is there actually a chance for us to get him.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
  #291
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,948
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
didn't we trade our first rounder though? or is there actually a chance for us to get him.
Next year LR, next year.

He'll probably be #1 overall.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
  #292
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Next year LR, next year.

He'll probably be #1 overall.
Ah okay. So is he is slated to be first overall this year huh? Cool.

So what's the case now? Any chance he'll be a Kobe bryant with the Charolette Hornets?

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
  #293
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
Not really ay, You would be thinking they are or should be looking for a defensive, agressive player who can rebound. With DD, Gay, KL, all starting why do or would you need another guy who only grabs a few boards and is adequate at best on the defensive end of the floor.

Toronto needs to get more aggressive and I would love for them to go out and make a trade for Kris Humphries, who before this year I would have been all over. But since he got that big contract he doesn't seem like the same player.

Maybe Reggie Evans who is just a rebounding machine, but has little else, he does bring intensity though.

But imo I really think JJ Hickson is the guy the Raptors should be looking at this off season. Can rebound, has some scoring and imo is still improving. In his 4th NBA season he's starting to break out and I think he's just what the Raptors could use at PF. and he's a FA in the summer.
Can somebody that has been following the Raps closer and for longer than I remind me about Humphries' first stint with Toronto?

I remember him coming across as just a big guy without hands or skill, and I remember thinking that he's not going to amount to anything. Did we let him go as a Free agent? Did he show glimpses of potential during his time in Toronto? What allowed him to turn his career around and become a halfway decent starter?

thatshype is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:09 PM
  #294
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Ah okay. So is he is slated to be first overall this year huh? Cool.

So what's the case now? Any chance he'll be a Kobe bryant with the Charolette Hornets?
Not this year. Next. 2014 draft.

and doubtful. Almost nobody pulls that crap anymore because it's too easy to completely **** yourself over doing it. Instead they'll just play out their early contracts and leave as soon as free agency allows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Can somebody that has been following the Raps closer and for longer than I remind me about Humphries' first stint with Toronto?

I remember him coming across as just a big guy without hands or skill, and I remember thinking that he's not going to amount to anything. Did we let him go as a Free agent? Did he show glimpses of potential during his time in Toronto? What allowed him to turn his career around and become a halfway decent starter?
IIRC he showed glimpses, but like James Johnson he was too in love with the idea of him being a player that that he isn't.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
  #295
Joey24
Registered User
 
Joey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Can somebody that has been following the Raps closer and for longer than I remind me about Humphries' first stint with Toronto?

I remember him coming across as just a big guy without hands or skill, and I remember thinking that he's not going to amount to anything. Did we let him go as a Free agent? Did he show glimpses of potential during his time in Toronto? What allowed him to turn his career around and become a halfway decent starter?
He was always a kind of hustle type guy imo. Relentless on the glass, his stint in Toronto wasn't really all that great with the garbage minutes he was getting there.
I always liked Humphries, when given minutes he could score and rebound and was/is a pretty decent defender. He left Toronto if I am not mistaken in the Turkoglu deal.... may have to double check that tho.

The previous two seasons he really broke out tho, reason for breaking out? probably like most players, more minutes = higher stats especially when your avg between 8 and 13 more minutes a game as he did in 10 and 11.

Kris is the type of guy you love to have on your team. He's a lunch pail kind of player, plays hard and aggressive and does what he can to help his team win. What he does isn't always pretty but he plays the style of game that he needs to since he isn't really athletic or have freakishly long arms. The real downer tho is his newest contract and the numbers he's been posting so far this season 12 million? seems a bit steep even if he was avg 13 points a game and 10 rebounds.

Joey24 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 02:15 AM
  #296
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
What about in the offseason, Bargnani for Kris Humphries? It works straight up, even though Kris is getting paid 12 million, its an expiring contract and he isn't a bad player. I guess Brooklyn might not like adding more years, but their Owner doesn't seem to care about the salary cap much.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 11:25 AM
  #297
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,434
vCash: 500
If Bargs is still here at the start of next season's training camp I will be at a loss for words at how pathetic this franchise is. Just an embarrassing franchise.

Suntouchable13 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 12:31 PM
  #298
Animal
Registered User
 
Animal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
What about in the offseason, Bargnani for Kris Humphries? It works straight up, even though Kris is getting paid 12 million, its an expiring contract and he isn't a bad player. I guess Brooklyn might not like adding more years, but their Owner doesn't seem to care about the salary cap much.
id do it. At least humph can rebound

Animal is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
  #299
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Ah okay. So is he is slated to be first overall this year huh? Cool.

So what's the case now? Any chance he'll be a Kobe bryant with the Charolette Hornets?
No, next year (2014).

The Raptors traded their first this year. Well, technically it could be anywhere from this year to 2017 (or '18) I believe, but they'll almost definitely lose it this year.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM
  #300
CanadianLov3
Registered User
 
CanadianLov3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: G☺ Leafs/Jays
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Cool, didn't know we had a raptors discussion thread. I'd like to know how the heck Casey managed to be a coach in the NBA? BC and him need to GO!

CanadianLov3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.