HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v27: Ujiri signs 5 year, $3m per year deal to become Raptors GM

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post

#imagine
Why is he teasing us?

Old
03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Why is he teasing us?
If only...

Old
03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Shimso

Quote:

#imagine
As much as I don't like players who demand where they want to go, I really hope he pulls a Kobe for us

Old
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Why is he teasing us?
He's not teasing, he's from Toronto. It's his favourite team

03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
As much as I don't like players who demand where they want to go, I really hope he pulls a Kobe for us
Doubt any top prospect ever pulls something like that during the social media age. They would get killed, and the top pick gets the most money/fame/attention, which is what all draftees want.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Kb21

but seriously, if he had a choice bobcats or raptors i'm sure we all know which team he would pick....

the bobcats because he doesn't want to be on a team with BC as GM.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Kulemon

Quote:

#imagine
only in my dreams

Old
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...155026241.html

Quote:
The Raptors are looking for a veteran power forward and could make a run at Golden State's Carl Landry if he opts out of his deal this summer, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
I want Millsap, but I know that's not going to happen.

03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...155026241.html

I want Millsap, but I know that's not going to happen.
Eh..... Decent fit I guess.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Eytinge

Isn't Carl Landry a terrible defender and mediocre rebounder? I know he can score in the post, but it doesn't seem like a great fit to me.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Isn't Carl Landry a terrible defender and mediocre rebounder? I know he can score in the post, but it doesn't seem like a great fit to me.
Not really ay, You would be thinking they are or should be looking for a defensive, agressive player who can rebound. With DD, Gay, KL, all starting why do or would you need another guy who only grabs a few boards and is adequate at best on the defensive end of the floor.

Toronto needs to get more aggressive and I would love for them to go out and make a trade for Kris Humphries, who before this year I would have been all over. But since he got that big contract he doesn't seem like the same player.

Maybe Reggie Evans who is just a rebounding machine, but has little else, he does bring intensity though.

But imo I really think JJ Hickson is the guy the Raptors should be looking at this off season. Can rebound, has some scoring and imo is still improving. In his 4th NBA season he's starting to break out and I think he's just what the Raptors could use at PF. and he's a FA in the summer.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
am I missing something, who is this man?

03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Andrew Wiggins. Could be the best prospect since LeBron. He's Canadian and from Toronto and grew up a Raptors fan.

If the Raptors were to somehow get him, you don't even know how big of an impact he would have for the Raptors and Canadian basketball as a whole. It would be amazing.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Probably going to the best Canadian basketball player ever. Barring injuries and some set backs.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Andrew Wiggins. Could be the best prospect since LeBron. He's Canadian and from Toronto and grew up a Raptors fan.

If the Raptors were to somehow get him, you don't even know how big of an impact he would have for the Raptors and Canadian basketball as a whole. It would be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Probably going to the best Canadian basketball player ever. Barring injuries and some set backs.
didn't we trade our first rounder though? or is there actually a chance for us to get him.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
didn't we trade our first rounder though? or is there actually a chance for us to get him.
Next year LR, next year.

He'll probably be #1 overall.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Next year LR, next year.

He'll probably be #1 overall.
Ah okay. So is he is slated to be first overall this year huh? Cool.

So what's the case now? Any chance he'll be a Kobe bryant with the Charolette Hornets?

Old
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
Not really ay, You would be thinking they are or should be looking for a defensive, agressive player who can rebound. With DD, Gay, KL, all starting why do or would you need another guy who only grabs a few boards and is adequate at best on the defensive end of the floor.

Toronto needs to get more aggressive and I would love for them to go out and make a trade for Kris Humphries, who before this year I would have been all over. But since he got that big contract he doesn't seem like the same player.

Maybe Reggie Evans who is just a rebounding machine, but has little else, he does bring intensity though.

But imo I really think JJ Hickson is the guy the Raptors should be looking at this off season. Can rebound, has some scoring and imo is still improving. In his 4th NBA season he's starting to break out and I think he's just what the Raptors could use at PF. and he's a FA in the summer.
Can somebody that has been following the Raps closer and for longer than I remind me about Humphries' first stint with Toronto?

I remember him coming across as just a big guy without hands or skill, and I remember thinking that he's not going to amount to anything. Did we let him go as a Free agent? Did he show glimpses of potential during his time in Toronto? What allowed him to turn his career around and become a halfway decent starter?

Old
03-12-2013, 07:09 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:

So what's the case now? Any chance he'll be a Kobe bryant with the Charolette Hornets?
Not this year. Next. 2014 draft.

and doubtful. Almost nobody pulls that crap anymore because it's too easy to completely **** yourself over doing it. Instead they'll just play out their early contracts and leave as soon as free agency allows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Can somebody that has been following the Raps closer and for longer than I remind me about Humphries' first stint with Toronto?

I remember him coming across as just a big guy without hands or skill, and I remember thinking that he's not going to amount to anything. Did we let him go as a Free agent? Did he show glimpses of potential during his time in Toronto? What allowed him to turn his career around and become a halfway decent starter?
IIRC he showed glimpses, but like James Johnson he was too in love with the idea of him being a player that that he isn't.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post

He was always a kind of hustle type guy imo. Relentless on the glass, his stint in Toronto wasn't really all that great with the garbage minutes he was getting there.
I always liked Humphries, when given minutes he could score and rebound and was/is a pretty decent defender. He left Toronto if I am not mistaken in the Turkoglu deal.... may have to double check that tho.

The previous two seasons he really broke out tho, reason for breaking out? probably like most players, more minutes = higher stats especially when your avg between 8 and 13 more minutes a game as he did in 10 and 11.

Kris is the type of guy you love to have on your team. He's a lunch pail kind of player, plays hard and aggressive and does what he can to help his team win. What he does isn't always pretty but he plays the style of game that he needs to since he isn't really athletic or have freakishly long arms. The real downer tho is his newest contract and the numbers he's been posting so far this season 12 million? seems a bit steep even if he was avg 13 points a game and 10 rebounds.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Eytinge

What about in the offseason, Bargnani for Kris Humphries? It works straight up, even though Kris is getting paid 12 million, its an expiring contract and he isn't a bad player. I guess Brooklyn might not like adding more years, but their Owner doesn't seem to care about the salary cap much.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Suntouchable13

If Bargs is still here at the start of next season's training camp I will be at a loss for words at how pathetic this franchise is. Just an embarrassing franchise.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Animal

Quote:
What about in the offseason, Bargnani for Kris Humphries? It works straight up, even though Kris is getting paid 12 million, its an expiring contract and he isn't a bad player. I guess Brooklyn might not like adding more years, but their Owner doesn't seem to care about the salary cap much.
id do it. At least humph can rebound

Old
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:

No, next year (2014).

The Raptors traded their first this year. Well, technically it could be anywhere from this year to 2017 (or '18) I believe, but they'll almost definitely lose it this year.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM
CanadianLov3

Cool, didn't know we had a raptors discussion thread. I'd like to know how the heck Casey managed to be a coach in the NBA? BC and him need to GO!

Closed Thread