HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v27: Ujiri signs 5 year, $3m per year deal to become Raptors GM

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 06:25 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Raps just destroyed them defensively

03-20-2013, 06:43 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Now that's a serious empty arena, if I've ever seen one.
Nobody shows up for Bobcats games. I think I noted this a while back, but after the lockout they offered a buy one/get one deal on season tickets.

North Carolina is really a college basketball state. People would rather watch Duke/UNC than the NBA. They haven't been popular since the mid 90s Hornets with Mourning, Johnson, and Bouges.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Why is Pietrus playing? I didn't even know he was still on this roster.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Nobody shows up for Bobcats games. I think I noted this a while back, but after the lockout they offered a buy one/get one deal on season tickets.

North Carolina is really a college basketball state. People would rather watch Duke/UNC than the NBA. They haven't been popular since the mid 90s Hornets with Mourning, Johnson, and Bouges.
Speaking of Duke/UNC. I really hope Wiggins joins UNC so we can see a Parker/Wiggins rivalry form.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:10 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

That last second throw would have been nice

Old
03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Jose

Raptors Question from a Sens fan

Hello Toronto Maple Leafs Fans and Toronto Raptors Fans, I hope

The reason I am writing this post is because I am a Raptors fan myself but I don't have many people to talk to about this subject! So I am hoping someone can help me answer this Question?

Do you guys here who are Raptors fans believe Dwane Casey and Bryan Colangelo will be fired??

I don't want this to be superfluous or redundant cause I am sure this has been talked about in the past but due to the way the Raptors are playing do you guys believe both will be canned?

Cause I certainly believe at least one of them will be fired, My Guess is Casey!

Old
03-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
There's a pinned thread that handles all the Raptors discussion.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...361945&page=15

Old
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post

The reason I am writing this post is because I am a Raptors fan myself but I don't have many people to talk to about this subject! So I am hoping someone can help me answer this Question?

Do you guys here who are Raptors fans believe Dwane Casey and Bryan Colangelo will be fired??

I don't want this to be superfluous or redundant cause I am sure this has been talked about in the past but due to the way the Raptors are playing do you guys believe both will be canned?

Cause I certainly believe at least one of them will be fired, My Guess is Casey!
I will be the happiest person, and so will hundreds of other Raps fans, when Colangelo is fired. 7 years of failure, the list of mistakes is endless. 2 playoff victories in 7 years...

Old
03-20-2013, 07:56 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

I have no idea what kind of technical foul was just called...

Old
03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Guh. we're going to lose to the frigging Bobcats...

Old
03-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Seriously, a loss to the freaking Bobcats? Good lord.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Kamal007
GOD DAMMIT

vCash: 50
This team is horrible. I could see them not making the playoffs next year as well.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
This team is horrible. I could see them not making the playoffs next year as well.
I think they'll make it next year, but as a capped out team 7th/8th place is not appealing.

As an owner I would never agree to pay luxury tax for an 8th seed in the east.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
I have pretty much come to that conclusion barring major player personnel moves along with management changes. It's amazing the carte blanche Colangelo gets and he continues to move this team on the edge of oblivion.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
need much better depth...

Old
03-20-2013, 10:59 PM
daner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post

How Colangelo still has a job is beyond me. He should be fired this offseason. That being said if a new GM is hired (crossing fingers) they often will hire their own coach for the job and Casey could very well be gone as well.

Everyone in MLSE must be drinking the Colangelo koolaid because they seem to love the guy, but fans have finally started to get angry with him recently and its showing. I've heard several radio shows talk about his job security in the last month or so. IMO rightfully so.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Kb21

knew we would lose tonight, damn raps.

god i hope BC is fired, casey i'm fine with for 1 more season seeing as he had his option picked up at the beginning of this season and it is only for next year.

hope we can lure a smart GM, wonder if phil jackson has any interest in being a GM any more

bill simmons released a GM rankings a week back. pretty much agree with it except the sac kings GM should be bottom 5.

Last edited by Kb21: 03-21-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old
03-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Kb21

not sure if anyone has posted this before but i recently read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ru...230326752.html
Quote:
The struggling Raptors appear to believe in Gay. General manager Bryan Colangelo already views him as the face of the franchise, and a source said he will likely offer a contract extension in the offseason.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:06 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Reading the stuff I posted earlier about the Raptors and analytics:

Quote:
Here’s something interesting: Toronto’s analytics team believes isolations — those selfish and allegedly inefficient plays — might be very good things for some offenses, and the Raps’ current data suggests possessions that end via some event that results from an isolation are about as efficient as pick-and-rolls that do the same. This is where the SportVU data can go beyond something like Synergy, a stat-tracking tool every team uses. Isolations come out as very low-efficiency on Synergy, since Synergy measures only shots that come from the player isolating one-on-one. It doesn’t precisely measure what happens when that player draws help and kicks to a spot-up shooter, and when that spot-up shooter then drives, draws more help, and kicks to an even more open shooter who knocks down a 3. The Raptors are doing that, and they’ve found isolations in that larger sense are quite efficient — at least for teams with the right personnel. “They’re fabulous for us,” Rucker says.
So that's why there are so many freaking iso plays for the Raptors.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:07 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
not sure if anyone has posted this before but i recently read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ru...230326752.html

He probably won't get the insane money he got from the Grizzlies, so I don't see a big problem with him getting an extension.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Reading the stuff I posted earlier about the Raptors and analytics:

So that's why there are so many freaking iso plays for the Raptors.
Keep in mind, how many times has Amir bailed out a stupid shot by Demar or Rudy with a great offensive tip in or putback. Do those stats take that into consideration?
Quote:
He probably won't get the insane money he got from the Grizzlies, so I don't see a big problem with him getting an extension.
I'm worried Colangelo will blow his load again and offer him 17 or 18 million on his extension. Rudy is more of a 12-14 million dollar player, so extending him with big money makes no sense. I'd prefer no extension and see how the next 2 years go with him.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Can somebody that has been following the Raps closer and for longer than I remind me about Humphries' first stint with Toronto?

I remember him coming across as just a big guy without hands or skill, and I remember thinking that he's not going to amount to anything. Did we let him go as a Free agent? Did he show glimpses of potential during his time in Toronto? What allowed him to turn his career around and become a halfway decent starter?
I personally loved Hump on the Raptors. He tried his ass of every single minute. Reminded me of how Amir plays now. I was actually sad to see him go. Now, after his big contract, and Kardashian crap, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Kulemon

Sadly, I doubt Casey will get fired. I'm also confident MLSE is going to stick with Colangelo.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post

#imagine
Did you steal this from my dreams?

Old
03-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Sadly, I doubt Casey will get fired. I'm also confident MLSE is going to stick with Colangelo.

Ur probably right on both counts, unfortunately. Honestly, with Coach Casey, I don't think I have ever seen such bad rotations in my life. I know he wants wins, and so does Colangelo, so they can save their jobs, but come on now. I don't know why I continue to buy season tickets. I guess I love flushing money down the toilet. me please

Closed Thread