HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Bale in JLA Movie?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

vCash: 500
Bale in JLA Movie?

Looks like a strong possibility:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...tent=396021915

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Finally...a rumor that makes sense

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
XX
... Waiting

They were trying to cobble together a half-assed Justice League and thought better of it. Good for them. Pay your people, get a better product.

The movies are realistic and gritty, though. And Green Lantern was terrible. So how do even begin to have a plot or introduce more than Batman and Superman?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
They were trying to cobble together a half-assed Justice League and thought better of it. Good for them. Pay your people, get a better product.

The movies are realistic and gritty, though. And Green Lantern was terrible. So how do even begin to have a plot or introduce more than Batman and Superman?
That's where Snyder and Man of Steel comes in. If that vision works, than I can see some more fantastic elements being introduced in a "realistic" setting for the JLA movie. That said, I don't think the stable of superheroes was going to be that large anyway.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:53 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I really have no interest in anything that Zack Snyder touches at this point. How he managed to make such a crappy movie from a premise as great as 300 is beyond me. How he managed to make Sucker Punch, a movie that nobody had any expectations for beyond being a fun action movie, and make it a failure as an action movie is beyond me.

I'm sure his version of Superman will be traveling at great speeds, in super slow motion.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:33 PM
M00se

As far as gritty JL characters, what about tying in Green Arrow from the show Arrow?

M00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I really have no interest in anything that Zack Snyder touches at this point. How he managed to make such a crappy movie from a premise as great as 300 is beyond me. How he managed to make Sucker Punch, a movie that nobody had any expectations for beyond being a fun action movie, and make it a failure as an action movie is beyond me.

I'm sure his version of Superman will be traveling at great speeds, in super slow motion.
His use of slow motion is offensive.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:49 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Article quotes Bale being "interested" last summer...

That was a while ago

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:10 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Sucker Punch was one of the worst movie I have partially seen

I did actually like Watchmen though

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
JWells16

This would singlehandedly cause me to see it in theaters. Without Bale (and depending on how good Man of Steel is), I probably wait until I can Redbox it.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Suddenly I'm interested in seeing it

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Suddenly I'm interested in seeing it
Ditto.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
rebel diamond

Bringing in Bale would be key if they have any aspirations of tying a Justice League movie to the Nolanverse films, and would instantly make me more excited for such a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post

I don't know what Snyder did to make everyone hate him. I think he's one of the most underrated filmmakers out there today. 300 was a stupid and brainless movie, but Snyder brought an undeniable visual flair to it that contributed greatly to its success. Just because an effect he popularized has become overused it doesn't mean he didn't use it to great effect in 300. Watchmen, while not a great film, was a valiant attempt at what was considered an almost unfilmable story, and turned out pretty well despite some wooden acting. Suckerpunch is, in my opinion, one of the most unfairly derided movies in recent years and deserves a longer defense that can be provided in one sentence. Finally, Legend of the Guardians was one of the best animated films of 2010, which was one of the best years for western animation in recent memory (other releases that year include Toy Story 3 and How To Train Your Dragon). With Nolan to keep his worst excesses in check all signs so far are positive for Man of Steel.

rebel diamond is offline   Reply With Quote