HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 5: Where we all put on our GM caps

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 01:50 AM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Apparently Gagner/Hemsky + 1st doesn't get Sean Couturier. Shocked
The thing I don't understand about this (or any similar deal) is that people want to bring in vets... Yet we want to trade said vets for even younger players?

Old
02-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Watch us trade for someone like Matt Hendricks or Joel Ward after all this debate about Sean Couturier heh.
Or nothing at all. I'm not looking too far into it, but it's definitely interesting we'd be scouting an Eastern Team. I don't know what we'd be looking for, from either team. I don't want Joel Ward at all. I'd actually like Hendricks, as long as Belanger goes back and Washington adds a pick or something along the lines.

And stay away from Mike Green, please. Unless they want to take Horcoff or some cap back.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I'd like to think the Oilers wouldn't have 3(?) people at the game for that reason but I guess you never know.
Just because they have 3 people scouting doesn't mean it's going to be anything big.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Asher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Apparently Gagner/Hemsky + 1st doesn't get Sean Couturier. Shocked
In all fairness I'm not sure why Philly would want either of those players. If the Oilers have anything to offer them it would have to be draft picks, prospects, or cheap players (ie. players not making a lot of money but can still make their roster). And btw, Couturier isn't making that much right now, so it's not like he's a salary dump for them.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:06 AM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Watch us trade for someone like Matt Hendricks or Joel Ward after all this debate about Sean Couturier heh.
That would be perfect.

Hendricks can fight and has nice hands (great shoot out moves). Washington would be stupid to trade him. But he doesn't really serve a purpose since most of the Caps can protect themselves. Like Ovi, likely their most important player, doesn't take ****. He's like 230 pounds. Beast

Or Wayne Simmonds. He is everything they need and they would give up a lot. Not gonna happen but if anything I would say a player similar to MPS + the 1st round pick (which IMO is top 5).

Last edited by awesomo: 02-28-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old
02-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

I for one haven't watched the Flyers so I have no idea who has been playing good or bad but the players that obviously would strike an interest in me would be:

#1-Brayden Schenn
Seems to be more physical than Couturier and more dynamic offensively as well.

#2-Scott Hartnell
Veteran power forward who could be a key cog on this team giving us much needed toughness and grit in our top 6.

#3-Sean Couturier
Big potential 2C who plays a 2 way game could form a potentially solid 1-2 punch with RNH.

#4-Wayne Simmonds
Younger version of Hartnell so he'd likely cost more in terms of assets but none the less a player that we could really use in our top 6.

#5-Luke Schenn
If by some miracle we could land Brayden you'd have to think that his bro would be coming along for the ride back to western Canada.

Potential trades:

To Edmonton: Brayden ($3.11) and Luke ($3.6) Schenn = $6.71 million
To Philly: Nail Yakupov ($3.775) and Corey Potter ($775K) = $4.55 million

To Edmonton: Scott Hartnell ($4.75 million starting next season for 6 seasons)
To Philly: Ales Hemsky ($5.0 million for one more season beyond this one) and Anaheim's 2013 2nd round pick

To Edmonton: Sean Couturier ($1.375 million)
To Philly: Jeff Petry ($1.75 million for one season beyond this one) conditional 1st round pick (lottery/top 10 protected for 2013 draft) and Anaheim's 2013 2nd round pick.

To Edmonton: Wayne Simmonds ($3.975 million for the next 6 seasons beyond this one) and Nik Grossman ($3.5 million for 3 more seasons beyond this one) = $7.475 million or Meszaros instead of Grossman @ $4 million for 1 more season beyond this one which would then = $7.975 million
To Philly: Ales Hemsky ($5.0 million for one more season beyond this one) and Jeff Petry ($1.75 million for one season beyond this one) = $6.75 million

02-28-2013, 02:32 AM
dixs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Listen Couturier does not have grit at all sorryYou're delusioned if you think he does . Brayden Schenn now there is a kid that makes up for a slow skating stride. He is what this team needs I would move The first klefbom and petry for him . And hanzal is a big hitter who uses his size for grit and are you seriously comparing Couturier defensive Game to a multi winning norris guy who played Defence.
No I'm not you made the comparison that Couturier was soft because he didn't hit. You said RNH was grittier because he had more hits. I gave you examples of guys who are exceptional defensively without being overly physical.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:51 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
No I'm not you made the comparison that Couturier was soft because he didn't hit. You said RNH was grittier because he had more hits. I gave you examples of guys who are exceptional defensively without being overly physical.
Well I apoligise for using the word delusioned I hope you were not offended by the choice of word.. i meant some people are being fooled into thinking Couturier is gritty, and Hanzal threw me off be cause he is very gritty and hits often

Last edited by Oiltankjob Fail: 02-28-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old
02-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I for one haven't watched the Flyers so I have no idea who has been playing good or bad but the players that obviously would strike an interest in me would be:

#1-Brayden Schenn
Seems to be more physical than Couturier and more dynamic offensively as well.

#2-Scott Hartnell
Veteran power forward who could be a key cog on this team giving us much needed toughness and grit in our top 6.

#3-Sean Couturier
Big potential 2C who plays a 2 way game could form a potentially solid 1-2 punch with RNH.

#4-Wayne Simmonds
Younger version of Hartnell so he'd likely cost more in terms of assets but none the less a player that we could really use in our top 6.

#5-Luke Schenn
If by some miracle we could land Brayden you'd have to think that his bro would be coming along for the ride back to western Canada.

Potential trades:

To Edmonton: Brayden ($3.11) and Luke ($3.6) Schenn = $6.71 million
To Philly: Nail Yakupov ($3.775) and Corey Potter ($775K) = $4.55 million

To Edmonton: Scott Hartnell ($4.75 million starting next season for 6 seasons)
To Philly: Ales Hemsky ($5.0 million for one more season beyond this one) and Anaheim's 2013 2nd round pick

To Edmonton: Sean Couturier ($1.375 million)
To Philly: Jeff Petry ($1.75 million for one season beyond this one) conditional 1st round pick (lottery/top 10 protected for 2013 draft) and Anaheim's 2013 2nd round pick.

To Edmonton: Wayne Simmonds ($3.975 million for the next 6 seasons beyond this one) and Nik Grossman ($3.5 million for 3 more seasons beyond this one) = $7.475 million or Meszaros instead of Grossman @ $4 million for 1 more season beyond this one which would then = $7.975 million
To Philly: Ales Hemsky ($5.0 million for one more season beyond this one) and Jeff Petry ($1.75 million for one season beyond this one) = $6.75 million
I don't think Philly would trade Schenn straight across for Yakupov tbh Schenn is mean tough and has great offensive insticts love the Hartnell And Simmonds trade

Old
02-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Bangers

Flyers aren't moving Simmonds - he's locked into a beauty contract until 2019 -
and I'm not sure he's the same player elsewhere anyways.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:12 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 5769
this thread is so fun I do not know where to start and where to end with some of the ideas

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
Old
02-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Those of you that think we're getting Sean Couturier are dreaming. You don't trade a 2nd year NHLer that isn't having the same amount of success he had in his first year.

... but then again I've heard suggestions on this board that involve us trading RNH because he's struggling a bit in his second year.

More youth won't help us make the playoffs, either. We need to be going after some size that can score and bring the odd bit of nasty.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:45 AM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
So, I just want to see if I get this straight...

Most fans on here consider Burke an idiot for trading away two 1st round picks (that turned into Seguin and Hamilton) for Kessel, yet want to trade Petry and what will likely be a top ten pick for Coururier?
I have been saying all the way thru this thread "OUR 1st IN 2013" SHOULD BE OFF LIMITS, don't mind moving the 2014 1st for help Now.

This draft is too stacked, arguably its better then any of the years we drafted 1st overall (last 3 years)

Old
02-28-2013, 08:09 AM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

vCash: 75
with the emergence of John Carlson in Washington I would love to see the oilers pick up mike green, he is exactly what this team needs on the back end. he is great offensively, can play PP has an elite break out pass and can play 24-27 mins a night. People rag on his defensive game but he is also +1 on a garbage team this year. The lockout was a godsend for him as it gave him time to heal up the nagging injuries he has had this year. Also having green takes offensive pressure off of J. Schultz and also takes potter/whitney out of the lineup.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:24 AM
longtimeoilfan
No longer frustrated

I would like to see Tambellini try and sign Jagr this offseason... he is playing quite well, he is one of the all time greats, and above and beyond all that I believe he would be a great mentor for Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, and especially Yakupov (after all, he was Yakupov's childhood hero). Jagr is also a beast, I often forget that he is Penner size.

Where he would play is the tough part. I am assuming he would want to play with Hemsky.

I like the interview he did regarding his mentoring of young players... its important, he said, as only two players ever got by on pure ability, Gretzky and Lemieux. Everyone else has had to learn the game. He is someone we should all want on and around 'our' team.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
with the emergence of John Carlson in Washington I would love to see the oilers pick up mike green, he is exactly what this team needs on the back end. he is great offensively, can play PP has an elite break out pass and can play 24-27 mins a night. People rag on his defensive game but he is also +1 on a garbage team this year. The lockout was a godsend for him as it gave him time to heal up the nagging injuries he has had this year. Also having green takes offensive pressure off of J. Schultz and also takes potter/whitney out of the lineup.
I wonder if there's something to be had there on that end?

Maybe

To WAS: Hemsky, Petry and PRV

To Edm: Brouwer, Green and Chimera

*I know Chimera "hates Edmonton", but that was a while ago and as we've seen with Comrie, things can change*

Old
02-28-2013, 08:33 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
IF you want to make a splash with the Flyers you look at Jones and Petry to the Flyers for someone.

Might not want to move either guy, but given what those two salaries will be next year, Philly would probably like to target those two players from us.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Kulleroinen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post

Maybe

*I know Chimera "hates Edmonton", but that was a while ago and as we've seen with Comrie, things can change*
And if Washington does not want that trade, maybe we should add Klefbom and a 1st pick to sweeten the deal.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Asher

Quote:

Maybe

That's an interesting idea. I think it's a bit too much to give up, which probably means it's fair. Nevertheless, I'm starting to wonder about Green -- he's had injury problems and I'm not sure what is going on with him right now.

On second thought I still think it's too much...

Old
02-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Tarus
FireChia#

Quote:

Maybe

Yeah, it's amazing how players would want to come back the second Mact is no longer coach

Old
02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

There are HF Flyers fans who wouldn't trade SC for RNH, for what it is worth.

But he's having the same 2nd season as RNH

Old
02-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Yeah, it's amazing how players would want to come back the second Mact is no longer coach
I'm sure he'd love to come back to Edmonton as long as he's getting paid.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:03 AM
joestevens29

Rich Evans ‏@Hockeyagent
Trade will be announced today involving a Points West client. Details to follow.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:09 AM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Rich Evans ‏@Hockeyagent
Trade will be announced today involving a Points West client. Details to follow.
Any ideas on who it could be? I can't find any info on clients of Points West - besides Benn in Dallas and Fleischmann in Florida.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:12 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Any ideas on who it could be? I can't find any info on clients of Points West.
Flieschman is the only guy that I 100% know is a client.

I do however assume Benn, McGratton, Matsumoto, Svatos, Vrbata, Kuba, are/were clients. Based off his twitter account.

Closed Thread