HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 02:41 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
That's horrible. I hope his team gave him a lot of **** for that. Unforgivable.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:45 AM
damacles1156

The worst part is , he doesn't care.

He will just go to the KHL and make millions being a loaf there too.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:46 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Wow, just wow on Kots, what a terrible effort from a sub par pro. After how cheap and garbage the two of them were in JR's I am not surprised.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This was his first game back from being a healthy scratch...

Quote:
"I made a mistake," Kostitsyn said. "I went to change. I should have backchecked, but didn't see the second guy was coming there. Even if it was a one-on-one, I should go back. It doesn't matter if I was tired. I should have gone back and pressured him from behind."
Quote:
Predators coach Barry Trotz summed up the play a different way: "I can't give you a logical explanation for an illogical event."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...stake/1995981/

I think it is safe to say, he is going to be a healthy scratch again next game... lol.

The reaction by the coaches on the bench as he is changing says it all. They ended up losing by 1.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
03-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Ollie Weeks

Once a Kostitsyn, always a Kostitsyn.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:32 AM
jml87

Yea, that was pretty pathetic. Chasing after him and then all the sudden "ah, forget it, you can have it."

I would like to see the Predators' bench's faces after that. That's why you can't get too mad when your guys aren't playing well cause at least they are trying out there, unlike that.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Scottkmlps

Lol. Look at the bench screaming at him to stay on the ice. That's beyond lazy.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Did he get another shift after that?

Maybe he just didn't want to get a minus?

Old
03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

Old
03-18-2013, 01:22 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Now that was a stupid play by OTT, but with a player like him, you have to take the bad with the good.
Quote:
That's OTT's job, it's exactly why Buffalo got him. Does OTT go over the line, you bet he does. But that is why teams want him on their team.

No one acquires OTT to play a clean game...

I just Hope OTT stays in the East, I would really hate for the Nucks to pick up OTT.

It would even make that team more annoying.
Quote:
I don't know OTT doesn't pull half the stuff Chris Pronger did.

But like Chris Pronger said "I didn't play the game to make friends, I played to WIN".
Did Steve Ott change his name to OTT?

Old
03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Their chances ARE incredibly slim. I don't see how you can deny that. What they've done in prior seasons has no bearing whatsoever on what happens this season. What they've done this season is all that matters, and what they've done this season is not a whole lot. They're in a pretty deep hole, and this magic mentality that you think exists isn't going to magically carry them into the playoffs. sw1tch pretty much covered it.
I will bookmark this.

You just use your stats.

Of course when everything is said and done, they have just been lucky. What they have done in prior seasons was also a response on somebody who claimed they were just hype. Looked obvious to me.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:57 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
How about that Kostitsyn line change? Just insane. I don't think there would be anything left of the player if a King did this in front of Sutter and Lombardi.

This is inexcusable.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I think Tampa Bay is going to make the playoffs, they look good on paper too.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I will bookmark this.

You just use your stats.

Of course when everything is said and done, they have just been lucky. What they have done in prior seasons was also a response on somebody who claimed they were just hype. Looked obvious to me.
So basically, other than reliance on the existence of some mythical magic mentality, you have nothing to counter the basic mathematics that clearly demonstrate the Flyers do, in fact, have a slim chance of making the playoffs? Got it.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
jml87

Quote:
I will bookmark this.

You just use your stats.

If they fire Laviolette, they have a small chance, but otherwise no. In 2010, they had a whole season to turn it around, including firing Stevens and replacing him with Lavi which changed the team outlook. Add in they had Richards, Pronger, and Carter, they had the skill to turn it around just in time.

Flyers right now are just a bunch of young kids who can score but have no defense, and a goalie looking ready to snap from overwork and pressure. Plus they don't have the same long season to figure things out.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:57 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Good size slate of western conference games tonight:

DAL @ CGY - Go Flames.
MIN @ VAN - Go Regulation. If the games ends in regulation, the Kings will remain ahead of the loser regardless of their result.
SJ @ ANA - Go Ucks.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:08 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
So basically, other than reliance on the existence of some mythical magic mentality, you have nothing to counter the basic mathematics that clearly demonstrate the Flyers do, in fact, have a slim chance of making the playoffs? Got it.

It would take an incredible run, like only losing Five more regulation games the rest of the way.

It's not impossible, stranger things have happened. It's just highly unlikely with the way the Flyers have played this season.

The Flyers have only won back to back games four times this season, and their longest winning streak is Two games....

Slightly above 550. Hockey is not enough, the Flyers need to play around 650. to 700. Hockey the rest of the way (to make the 6th to 8th seed).

Also it has to start tonight, Philly can't afford to lose tonight in regulation.

It makes the numbers even worse.

Last edited by damacles1156: 03-18-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Remember the run the Kings went on in 2001 after they traded for Potvin and dumped Blake for Deadmarsh/Miller.

Would take something like that. But that team was better than what the Flyers have now, IMO by a large margin.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:18 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Good size slate of western conference games tonight:

DAL @ CGY - Go Flames.
MIN @ VAN - Go Regulation. If the games ends in regulation, the Kings will remain ahead of the loser regardless of their result.
SJ @ ANA - Go Ucks.
Dal/Cgy is a go regulation as well. Both teams are right there with just about the same points and same ROW number.
But all that really matters is we win!

Old
03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Yeah just exaggarate even more, now its mythical magic mentality. I dont know what it is, but statistics are everything for some of you in N-A. Why dont we just quit right now and start the playoffs. I dont want to hear any excuses when Philly has made the playoffs.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:27 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Yeah just exaggarate even more, now its mythical magic mentality. I dont know what it is, but statistics are everything for some of you in N-A. Why dont we just quit right now and start the playoffs. I dont want to hear any excuses when Philly has made the playoffs.
This is not stats but real numbers based off what the current teams are at. If Toronto and NJ continue to play at the same level then they will both have 53 points to end the year. In order for Philly to reach 53 points they would need to average almost 1.4 points a game or go 13-6 they could win a few less with getting to OT. But they only have 1 OT loss to this point and 1 SO win. Now 1.4 points a game might not seem that tough overall, but consider that there are only 5 teams in the league right now that have an average greater. If you want to know who they are the hint is they all have over 40 points so far this year. We're currently number 7 and that is with almost 1.2.

Where Philly is not eliminated they are facing a very hard uphill battle. They must not only get better they must hope one of the 2 teams that are in the playoff picture that are on pace to have 53 points falls. And that doesn't even include that they also have two other teams out of the playoffs at this time in front of them also. And they both have games in hand.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
MSRinkRat

Maybe off topic some here.....

Was the Phili trades and acquisitions last year considered the worst in NHL history? Maybe not the worst, but it's gotta be close to the top. Pronger, played what 20 games past that? Briz ... well, we all see whats happened there with that. Carter and Richards out and now Gagne back in? What are they thinking here??? They made some good additions, but does it match the subtractions? I don't think so by any stretch of the imagination. Even if Chrissy Pronger was healthy, does he affect the team by that much?

If they kept Richards and Carter, they would have only needed a goalie and maybe another D man. They signed Briz for way to long and way to much, and are now stuck due to nobody else in the league would put anything close to that value on the guy. They have to figure him out before they go forward. I don't see the flyers getting to the playoffs until that happens weather its this year or next.

Does anyone else notice the polar shift in the NHL East vs West and the styles they play? It seems to me the east is now the west, and visa versa. West hockey now consists of a zone trap, good defense and a more controlled game and the east seems to be more run and gun and score more than a better defensive style they were more known for. Please comment...

Old
03-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

The trades were fine. Their biggest mistake was letting Carle walk without replacing him, since Carle is a very good defenceman

Old
03-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
The trades were fine. Their biggest mistake was letting Carle walk without replacing him, since Carle is a very good defenceman
The biggest mistake the Flyers have made is letting Snyder stick his noes into the hockey decisions that should be made by hockey people.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:44 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
The biggest mistake the Flyers have made is letting Snyder stick his noes into the hockey decisions that should be made by hockey people.
Yeah, he's done it for 40 years and he'll do it until the day he dies. Unfortunately, nothing is going to change.

They also got rid of JVR and Bobrovsky last year so I think he's becoming more and more irrational and impatient as time goes on without a Cup. The Flyers thought they could use their money to get whoever they want and that really backfired on them when Suter turned them down and Nashville met the deal on Weber. By the point Carle wasn't willing to wait around anymore so they'd lost plans A, B, and C

Closed Thread