HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Latendresse watch thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 02:31 PM
  #226
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Latendresse isn't intense enough for the playoffs. Not. Even. Close.
lol, really? this is based on what? i watched all the games and i'm not seeing what you're seeing.

if he plays like he's been playing since he came back i'd resign he easily. 2 years 2 - 2.5 mil.

he's exactly what we're missing. a big bodied forward to score around the net. greening and neil are not skilled enough to do it on a consistent basis. until stone comes in he fills a need.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
  #227
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
I don't mind him, but I wonder if he's a good fit in McLean's system. He sticks out compared to all our other players.
Meh... McLean had Holmstrom in Detroit, they share a lot of the same qualities, I could even say the same for Kassian to some extent.. Anyways big bodies in front of the net are perfect for the second power play, among many other facets of the game..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
  #228
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
Sold a bill of goods? How so?
Like he was in great shape and looked good in the mini camp. He was signed hurt.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
  #229
McFist
@*$&$#!!
 
McFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Θttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Like he was in great shape and looked good in the mini camp. He was signed hurt.
Oh I getcha. That's quite a fair point.

McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
  #230
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
It appears that Latendresse has a tendency to show up against lesser opponents. If we play good teams is slowness sticks out. He is not the sure bet everyone is making him out to be. He gets on a little point streak and people forget about the other deficiencies in his game. With the addition of Conacher he has just slid down the depth chart once we get healthy.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:16 PM
  #231
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
So, how many years should we sign him too?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
  #232
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
So, how many years should we sign him too?
Remember that he is playing as our number 2 winger.

With a healthy lineup he is an excellent number 4-5 winger.

xxxx-Spezza-Michalek
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson

1 year 2.5 mil

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
  #233
KarlSen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
A competitive team can't have a pylon with only limited straight line skating ability in its top 4. If he sticks around for next year, it is a place holder until he is bumped out.

Better on a lower line with lesser opposition.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:27 PM
  #234
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,817
vCash: 500
I actually think he was pretty decent tonight. Created more than anyone not on the Conacher-Z-Silfverberg line.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:34 PM
  #235
McFist
@*$&$#!!
 
McFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Θttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Alfie View Post
A competitive team can't have a pylon with only limited straight line skating ability in its top 4. If he sticks around for next year, it is a place holder until he is bumped out.

Better on a lower line with lesser opposition.
He looked good tonight, he was the best part of his line. The only place your argument works in in some hypothetical world where his lack of speed kills every shift. It sounds nice, but wasn't the case tonight at all. It omits the fact that he made good passes tonight, was creative in the offensive zone, and only had his work wasted due to Turris' inability to finish. It's ridiculous the amount of flack Lats gets from some posters.


Last edited by McFist: 04-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.
McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:35 PM
  #236
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Remember that he is playing as our number 2 winger.

With a healthy lineup he is an excellent number 4-5 winger.

xxxx-Spezza-Michalek
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson

1 year 2.5 mil
There is no way he beats out Silfverberg or Conacher for a top 6 spot. Zibby takes his spot too.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:41 PM
  #237
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
There is no way he beats out Silfverberg or Conacher for a top 6 spot. Zibby takes his spot too.
Only reason I didn't include those guys is because they have their own line.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
  #238
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Only reason I didn't include those guys is because they have their own line.
The only reason for that is because of the injuries. So far the injuries have given Latendresse more playing time. Having a healthy roster means way more speed and skill and less Lats.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:20 PM
  #239
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
The only reason for that is because of the injuries. So far the injuries have given Latendresse more playing time. Having a healthy roster means way more speed and skill and less Lats.
I agree with you in regards to Latendresse, but not so much in regards to single games sealing our entire fate for the season.

People got/are too excited about Latendresse, which is weird because he's not an impact player and will never be with his lack of speed and intensity.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:09 PM
  #240
KarlSen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
He looked good tonight, he was the best part of his line. The only place your argument works in in some hypothetical world where his lack of speed kills every shift. It sounds nice, but wasn't the case tonight at all. It omits the fact that he made good passes tonight, was creative in the offensive zone, and only had his work wasted due to Turris' inability to finish. It's ridiculous the amount of flack Lats gets from some posters.
Creative like trying to force the puck from behind the net to the front through opposition players, because he doesn't have the quickness to move to a better spot. This happened several time tonight.

The only positive arguments for Lats is around the net, or a few passes that made it through, there were many other bail out passes because he had no other play. But to get there he relies on Turris and Alfie for the breakout, and he doesn't have the speed to move in to contend on shoot ins properly.

In the other 180 feet of the ice he is a liability, and the very little he does in the offensive zone does not make him a long term top 6 player for a contending team. It's painful watching him chug up the ice.

This isn't a case about being a slower player relative to the fastest players, he is just outright slow, and not up to an NHL standard.

Power to him if he has more healing to go through and can go to camp in shape with more speed. Hope he does it. Right now, he is not a top 6 player. The Sens don't have a better option at this time, so he will continue as a placeholder.

Edit:
Anyway, let's agree that EK will have a great time setting up Conacher next season and agree to disagree on Lats.


Last edited by KarlSen: 04-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.
KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:10 PM
  #241
KarlSen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
People got/are too excited about Latendresse, which is weird because he's not an impact player and will never be with his lack of speed and intensity.
That's well put.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
  #242
McFist
@*$&$#!!
 
McFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Θttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Alfie View Post
Edit:
Anyway, let's agree that EK will have a great time setting up Conacher next season and agree to disagree on Lats.
Agreed. I don't like barking anyway. And we both have good taste in hockey teams.

McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:08 AM
  #243
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,432
vCash: 500
I find this guy to be a perfect third line winger.

Big body good hands and shot.

When we get healthy if we could roll a line of

Latendresse -Smith - Neil/Condra

We could have a decent size line or a decent bottom 6 line Condea and Smith can make some decent plays having a decent finisher with them would help fur sure.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
  #244
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
didn't watch the game, only watched the highlights. from them it seemed like he created a couple of golden opportunities to score for other people.

the whole speed thing is over blown i think. like i said before, if people have issues with lats, they'll have issues with stone.

i'd still re-sign him as he brings something that no one else on the team currently does. a big body with good hands, that is great around the net.

it's going to be interesting who sits once michalek comes back. i think lats might be one of the people who will get rotated out.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
  #245
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 19,994
vCash: 500
He was really good with Zib/Silfv who are playing great: he would hang on to the puck insanely well; he knows how to be good at what he does and it shows

Not as good with Turris/Alfie who are both struggling

He's fine as long as his other linemates are playing well

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:45 AM
  #246
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,334
vCash: 500
I always liked lats game. I think in a third line role he'd excel.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:36 PM
  #247
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,323
vCash: 500
If Murray does decide to re-sign Lats I would like to see him spend the summer in Ottawa working on his conditioning (Tony Grego) & skating with Marc Power. Lats is only 25 yrs old & if we can devlop him into the powerforward he was suppose to be, he could really help this team next yr.

Having said that though, I really question his commitment & whether he has what it takes between the ears to be the best that he can be. I guess we'll see this summer, if there are any better alternatives available & which way Murray decides to go, Lats afterall does fit the rebuild due to age & potential skill.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:36 PM
  #248
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
So, are people still eager to re-sign him?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:36 PM
  #249
Hutz
Classless User
 
Hutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
I honestly forgot he was on the team now.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:39 PM
  #250
Jared Cowen 2010
Registered User
 
Jared Cowen 2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
I can see PM dressing him if we play the Pens. We need all the skill we can get, no way we're gonna bully them for wins.

Jared Cowen 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.