HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Latendresse watch thread

Old
03-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Orr123

vCash: 500
I definitely don't mind giving him another year. I wouldn't sign him for multiple years, or for too much money -- but I think he's gotten better, and if he could stay healthy and train for the summer with the Sens, why not give him another shot.

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:03 PM
KarlSen

Looks faster on TV than live. 2nd game I've seen him at the bank, and he is plodding compared to the rest of the team. Ok when there are holes to fill but no long term future.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
He's got really good hockey sense. He's in the right place all the time.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

^ This this this. It goes a long way in making up for his lack of speed IMO.

McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Valois

He's looked better and better last few games I saw. Still not super fast but seems more mobile than at the start of the season, and has good hockey sense. All in all I think he's a good pick-up. I find it funny though that this thread is basically the Latendresse all-purpose discussion thread now, but the title is "Latendresse Done as a Sen?

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
I find it funny though that this thread is basically the Latendresse all-purpose discussion thread now, but the title is "Latendresse Done as a Sen?
Fixed, a bit.

We will all be able to gauge where he fits on this team.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:12 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

I did not like him when he was signed, and I did not like him when the season started. I liked him even less when he got hurt yet again, and I was thinking "told ya so" quite a bit.

Having said this, Latendresse has been a beast the past couple of games--especially in the Wpg game. He plays a physical style, gets in front of the net, and plays a North-South game. Plus his buddy Turris plays better when he is around.

I still don't know if we should re-sign him, but I am definitely warming up to him to the point where I am glad he is around. If he stays healthy I could easily imagine him being one of our better players in the playoffs.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I did not like him when he was signed, and I did not like him when the season started. I liked him even less when he got hurt yet again, and I was thinking "told ya so" quite a bit.

Having said this, Latendresse has been a beast the past couple of games--especially in the Wpg game. He plays a physical style, gets in front of the net, and plays a North-South game. Plus his buddy Turris plays better when he is around.

I still don't know if we should re-sign him, but I am definitely warming up to him to the point where I am glad he is around. If he stays healthy I could easily imagine him being one of our better players in the playoffs.
For sure.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Savannah Skunk

I think the decision to re-sign Lats should be entirely dependent on his achievements over this shortened year: regular season + playoffs.

We are a playoff team and a dangerous one at that, especially with Spezza, Michalek and Anderson back. This team is coached so well. I am very curious to see him perform in the playoffs. If he goes into beast mode, lets re-sign the guy!

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:13 AM
source

IMO he's only in the lineup now because management and the coaching staff feel he can improve and eventually be a solid contributor.

The faster the opposition, the worse he looks. If we play a team like Montreal in the post season I'm not sure he should play.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:22 AM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
IMO he's only in the lineup now because management and the coaching staff feel he can improve and eventually be a solid contributor.

The faster the opposition, the worse he looks. If we play a team like Montreal in the post season I'm not sure he should play.
Despite the fact that he's been contributing in his recent games and has been playing an effective role. It's not even a fact of him needing to "improve his play" at this point, he just needs to sustain it now.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post

I was not able to watch the game versus the Habs last week, but he did play 16:35 (TSN) that night. With only two shots on goal, I would be curious to know "how" he played that game and if he is so ineffective against our rivals as you say; why did Da Stache give him the ice time?

Zibby: 15:19
Neil: 15:20
O'Brien: 08:10
Condra: 14:05
Greening: 15:02
Daugavins: 08:08
Stone: 05:51

Amongst forwards that game, he was fifth in ice-time. Latendresse is a nightmare for many teams when running rampant in the offensive zone.

Last edited by Savannah Skunk: 03-19-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:38 AM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
I was not able to watch the game versus the Habs last week, but he did play 16:35 (TSN) that night. With only two shots on goal, I would be curious to know "how" he played that game and if he is so ineffective against our rivals as you say, why did Da Stache give him the ice time?

Zibby: 15:19
Neil: 15:20
O'Brien: 08:10
Condra: 14:05
Greening: 15:02
Daugavins: 08:08
Stone: 05:51

Amongst forwards that game, he was fifth in ice-time. Latendresse is a nightmare for many teams when running rampant in the offensive zone.
Alfie has WIDE shoulders.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

3g 3a in 11 games

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
jbeck5

Last 5 games...3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +4

Do we fickle sens fans want to re-sign him now? lol

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Xspyrit

We're starting to see the real Latendresse. This guy will never a fast skater or flashy player but he is more an "industrious winger". He makes a lot of efficient plays, read the cycle well, protects the puck well, throw some big hits and is hell in front of the net. Can't wait to see him play with Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Last 5 games...3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +4

Do we fickle sens fans want to re-sign him now? lol
THIS.

Man if you want to live some hilarious experiment, just read a GDT after you know the outcome of a game, particularly when the Sens come back from behind. Some (not the majority thank God) really sound like a bunch of 12 y/o teeny girls discovering puberty

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:48 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

The Tenderness "watch thread"... watch this

Is anyone still calling him a stopgap, or still waiting for him to "prove" himself?

Old
03-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Laista

Send a message via MSN to Laista Send a message via Skype™ to Laista
He stopped skating in the third but so did all his linemates as well. But that has to go. Skate skate skate all game long.

Laista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
The Tenderness "watch thread"... watch this

Is anyone still calling him a stopgap, or still waiting for him to "prove" himself?
Right place, right time. When our line up speeds up will he be so lucky?

He is getting better, I will give him that, but when we play better competition does he contribute more? Other than his first goal back he has put up points against bad teams. Points are points but this was Bonk's knock too even though he scored a lot.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:30 PM
costermonger
sans classe

I'd throw this guy an extension unless the team medical staff objected to the idea. A healthy Latendresse is a guy I want running amok in the other team's zone; he's the closest thing to a traditional power forward we have.

costermonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post

He is getting better, I will give him that, but when we play better competition does he contribute more? Other than his first goal back he has put up points against bad teams. Points are points but this was Bonk's knock too even though he scored a lot.
Thank god he's not our #1C then. He's fantastic as a #5 fwd.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:55 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post

Hey, kudos for still being 95% pessimistic about a player that has really contributed since his return.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:01 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Sign him soon, before the rest of the league catches on. He's basically playing how I expect Mark Stone to in a few years. At least get him a one year extension.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
ARed

Gui has been solid since his comeback. He's fulfilled my expectations of him and then some. If he can keep this up for the rest of the season, I wouldn't hesitate to extend him for a couple of years.

ARed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:54 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

6 points in his 7 games back from injury ain't too shabby. And that knock about being "lucky" will run out pretty quickly once people realize how he manages to be in the right place at the right time quite often. Some people call it "smarts."

We should re-sign him now instead of letting him keep raising his value for the rest of the season.