HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 01:43 PM
  #451
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post


Why would the Sens do that?

Also, Bishop wants a chance at a starting job, he'll be very disgruntled behind Henke.
Bishop makes no sense for Rangers.. Hank will be here for a long time so hes not a good piece anyway for us

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:59 PM
  #452
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So was on main board and sens fan offered Zibanjehd, bishop, top d prospect and 1st for Gaborik
Where did you see this offer?
Are you talking about this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Zibs/Bishop/1st is a yes on my part, really like Zibanejad's game, he's so feisty and moves so well out there. I love the way he carries himself on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Any deal for Gabby would need a RD prospect coming back.
For Ottawa, I like Cody Ceci. You have Karlsson (Hope he gets back soon, he is a joy to watch except when playing against the Rangers) for the next 12 years, you can spare Cody.

Zibs/Bishop/Cody/1st for Gabby+ Bourque + 3rd (the earliest 3rd Rangers own, either Columbus or Florida).

Or

Zibs/Bishop/Cody/2nd for Gabby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
One year of Gaborik next season doesn't sound appealing. But I suppose the Sens would need to risk it so they have a season to convince Gaborik that he should stay longer, since we have trouble getting free agents. At least one of our A prospects.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:14 PM
  #453
Antithesis
Eye Test Dinosaur
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Bishop makes no sense for Rangers.. Hank will be here for a long time so hes not a good piece anyway for us
Bishop isn't good enough to ever be a starter in this league.

Antithesis is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:30 PM
  #454
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
I'd be interested in getting a more offensive competent third line center, for something around Boyle+prospect and or 3rd.

Edit: I wonder what CBJ would want for Anisimov :irony:

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:42 PM
  #455
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Just who is actually available as a 3rd-4th line Center that we actually could get for a rental ? I know Leafs have Bozak and Steckel both great on draws although Bozak might be a RFA...not sure , anybody ?

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  #456
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
I'd be interested in getting a more offensive competent third line center, for something around Boyle+prospect and or 3rd.

Edit: I wonder what CBJ would want for Anisimov :irony:
We definitely need somebody who can win a draw in a clutch situation...that is just so important it is not funny .

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  #457
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Just who is actually available as a 3rd-4th line Center that we actually could get for a rental ? I know Leafs have Bozak and Steckel both great on draws although Bozak might be a RFA...not sure , anybody ?
Well, the Rangers have a other couple approaches when dealing with 3rd center:

1)They can move Miller to 3C, and try to trade for a utility LW...

2)Wait for Lindberg to be done in SEL and get a look at him(although this might take too long)

3)Try Halpern at 3C and trade for a more mobile 4C.

Personally, I think priority right now should be addressing the need for a power shot on the PP...

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
  #458
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,772
vCash: 500
I wonder if the Sens would do Greening + Zib + RD +

Greening would look great as a Ranger.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
  #459
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Just who is actually available as a 3rd-4th line Center that we actually could get for a rental ? I know Leafs have Bozak and Steckel both great on draws although Bozak might be a RFA...not sure , anybody ?
Jason Chimera would be a good fit here.. former Oilers player that has alot of speed.


Chimera from Capitals
Andrew Desjardins from Sharks
Boyd Gorden from Yotes
Vladimir Sobotka from Blues

are some options

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:56 PM
  #460
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
We definitely need somebody who can win a draw in a clutch situation...that is just so important it is not funny .
Jeff Halpern is 56.6% on draws this season. Boyle is 54.8%. You aren't going to find too many guys with better faceoff percentages than that.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:01 PM
  #461
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Jeff Halpern is 56.6% on draws this season. Boyle is 54.8%. You aren't going to find too many guys with better faceoff percentages than that.
Gordon has 58.2% and Chimera 60.0%

id love if Sather somehow traded for either of those at the deadline. im hoping for Chimera, was drafted by Oilers in 1997 so i think Sather knows him a bit.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
  #462
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Gordon and Chimera, these are the types of players you want on your fourth line. We need someone that has a better offensive accumen than them on our third line. Might as well just keep Boyle rather than trading for a different version of him.

Edit: Off the top of my head, players I'd like to see on our third line that might be somewhat realistic.

Anisimov
Valteri Flippula (i think this is the least realistic but probably my most desirable)
Antoine Vermette (not sure how realistic he is)
Matt Cullen (he is one of the least desirable one in my eyes)

Looking for players, you realize how few realistic options there really are.


Last edited by Emptyvoid: 03-03-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:31 PM
  #463
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
I honestly dont think any of those guys are legit better then boyle and what boyle can bring.... Boyle has an uptempo game and hes not paid to score goals or rack up the points.. thats why Nash, Gabs, Richards and Callahan have those contracts to produce..

Boyle is over 50% f/o what more do you need then that.. Hes great defensively, on the PK, and when he wants to, he brings a physical presence.. He's a great fit here in NY and i dont want to him to leave or be replaced by an aging fw that would be similar.. he's 27 and knows what he has to do and bring to this club.. eventually he would be the perfect 4th line center and fill halpern's role next year with Oscar coming up or if miller fits better there then the wing..

i think and interested defender to look at would be Komisarik if tor would retain salary in a trade.. would be great 3rd pairing dman..

Staal-Giardi
Mcd-Stral
MDZ-Komi

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
  #464
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Gordon has 58.2% and Chimera 60.0%

id love if Sather somehow traded for either of those at the deadline. im hoping for Chimera, was drafted by Oilers in 1997 so i think Sather knows him a bit.
Chimera is a wing. He has taken 15 faceoffs this season; winning 9 of them really isn't really telling. If it is, we might as well bring back Mashinter; he's 100% on faceoffs (1 for 1).

Halpern and Boyle are among the best in the league at faceoffs.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
  #465
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,971
vCash: 500
I would kick the tires on Marcel Goc of the Panthers.
For a 3rd pick + B prospect, they may say yes.

I think Boyle is worth up to a 2nd at the deadline if Sather wants to trade him. His style fits the tight checking playoff games, his FO skills are sought after. He has some value for a contender.


Last edited by Kwayry: 03-03-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
  #466
bobbop
Henrik & Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 5,627
vCash: 500
Boyd Gordon not available.

bobbop is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
  #467
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Boyd Gordon not available.
What about Vermette? I'm assuming no as well.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
  #468
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
What about Vermette? I'm assuming no as well.
Vermette has a cap hit of $3,750,000 until summer of 2015; I think that's a non-starter.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:27 AM
  #469
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,510
vCash: 500
I think it is time to address filling in a need up front.

Perron and Cole for Del Zotto and Thomas.

Perron is a LWer with a natural scoring touch and shoots RH. He'll look great with Stepan and Nash. Possible option to man the point with Richards on the first unit. 5 forward PP lol.

Del Zotto can be Pietrangelo's permanent defense partner for the future.

Cole is a LHD that can fill in nicely on the bottom pair for now. Good, defense first player. Thomas will obviously need some more development time, but he should be a NHL player some time soon.

Lines:

Perron-Stepan-Nash (55% O-Zone starts, Top QUALCOMP)
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik (70% O-Zone starts, 3rd Line QUALCOMP)
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan (50% O-Zone starts, 2nd Line QUALCOMP)
Powe-Boyle-Asham (30% O-Zone starts, 4th/2nd line QUALCOMP)

The first line with Nash matches up against other top lines. The 3rd line with Pyatt, Miller and Callahan match up in a shutdown role against other 2nd lines. The line with Gaborik and Richards is very sheltered offensively and get prime time scoring minutes. The 4th line is shutdown type line, mostly to bring energy. They won't do much 5on5, but they have integral PKers.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
  #470
RGY
Kreid or Die
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think it is time to address filling in a need up front.

Perron and Cole for Del Zotto and Thomas.

Perron is a LWer with a natural scoring touch and shoots RH. He'll look great with Stepan and Nash. Possible option to man the point with Richards on the first unit. 5 forward PP lol.

Del Zotto can be Pietrangelo's permanent defense partner for the future.

Cole is a LHD that can fill in nicely on the bottom pair for now. Good, defense first player. Thomas will obviously need some more development time, but he should be a NHL player some time soon.

Lines:

Perron-Stepan-Nash (55% O-Zone starts, Top QUALCOMP)
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik (70% O-Zone starts, 3rd Line QUALCOMP)
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan (50% O-Zone starts, 2nd Line QUALCOMP)
Powe-Boyle-Asham (30% O-Zone starts, 4th/2nd line QUALCOMP)

The first line with Nash matches up against other top lines. The 3rd line with Pyatt, Miller and Callahan match up in a shutdown role against other 2nd lines. The line with Gaborik and Richards is very sheltered offensively and get prime time scoring minutes. The 4th line is shutdown type.
Wait, wait. We finally have the team beginning to gel, even scored two PP goals tonight and we're going to trade our best offensive defenseman? You guys never cease to amaze me. You're like little kids who can't sit still. Del Zotto was awful on that game tying goal but other than that he played a pretty solid game and has been fairly good all year. He is an impact player. Not to mention we need depth on the 3rd line, especially at center, not the first line LW.

Stop trying to alter the team so much. Let them just play.

RGY is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
  #471
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,937
vCash: 500
I'd probably do it, although I'd be a little worried about Perron's concussion problems. Didn't he miss over a year with it?

The Gloaming is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:44 AM
  #472
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Wait, wait. We finally have the team beginning to gel, even scored two PP goals tonight and we're going to trade our best offensive defenseman? You guys never cease to amaze me. You're like little kids who can't sit still. Del Zotto was awful on that game tying goal but other than that he played a pretty solid game and has been fairly good all year. He is an impact player. Not to mention we need depth on the 3rd line, especially at center, not the first line LW.

Stop trying to alter the team so much. Let them just play.
Beginning to gel? We won a game in the shootout and our two goals were because of PP resulted by a dirty, reckless hit.

The first two periods were terrible ones for the Rangers. Zero offense, zero creativity and really few scoring chances created. We were very fortunate to win that game for showing up only 1/3rd of the game.

A part of that problem? Your top 2 LWers are Hagelin and Pyatt (when Nash is playing on RW side). I feel that Nash looks much better out there on RW, in fact, all three of our RWers look better at their natural RW positions. On the LW side, you only have Hags who is a top 6 player and a bunch of reclamation projects after that. Perron is a legitimate scorer in this league, is signed to a bargain 3.2mil contract long term and is only 24 years old. He would be one of the few RH shooters on this team and has a knack of creating offense. He is a great fit for this team now and moving forward.

Del Zotto, I am a big fan of. But it's painfully obvious that he'll never have a fair shake here with McDonagh and Staal on the team. He was good, scary good early in the year on the RH side with Staal, but he's definitely out of favor here and now is on the bottom defense pairing. It's simply moving an area of strength for a position of need.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:47 AM
  #473
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Beginning to gel? We won a game in the shootout and our two goals were because of PP resulted by a dirty, reckless hit.

The first two periods were terrible ones for the Rangers. Zero offense, zero creativity and really few scoring chances created.

A part of that problem? Your top 2 LWers are Hagelin and Pyatt (when Nash is playing on RW side). I feel that Nash looks much better out there on RW, in fact, all three of our RWers look better at their natural RW positions. On the LW side, you only have Hags who is a top 6 player and a bunch of reclamation projects after that. Perron is a legitimate scorer in this league, is signed to a bargain 3.2mil contract long term and is only 24 years old. He would be one of the few RH shooters on this team and has a knack of creating offense. He is a great fit for this team now and moving forward.

Del Zotto, I am a big fan of. But it's painfully obvious that he'll never have a fair shake here with McDonagh and Staal on the team. He was good, scary good early in the year on the RH side with Staal, but he's definitely out of favor here and now is on the bottom defense pairing. It's simply moving an area of strength for a position of need.
Rangers are in no position to move Del Z at this point considering that Richards longevity is in question.

You need at least one PPQB on this team.

I would move Gabs, at this point, before moving Del Z..

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:53 AM
  #474
RGY
Kreid or Die
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Beginning to gel? We won a game in the shootout and our two goals were because of PP resulted by a dirty, reckless hit.

The first two periods were terrible ones for the Rangers. Zero offense, zero creativity and really few scoring chances created.

A part of that problem? Your top 2 LWers are Hagelin and Pyatt (when Nash is playing on RW side). I feel that Nash looks much better out there on RW, in fact, all three of our RWers look better at their natural RW positions. On the LW side, you only have Hags who is a top 6 player and a bunch of reclamation projects after that. Perron is a legitimate scorer in this league, is signed to a bargain 3.2mil contract long term and is only 24 years old. He would be one of the few RH shooters on this team and has a knack of creating offense. He is a great fit for this team now and moving forward.

Del Zotto, I am a big fan of. But it's painfully obvious that he'll never have a fair shake here with McDonagh and Staal on the team. He was good, scary good early in the year on the RH side with Staal, but he's definitely out of favor here and now is on the bottom defense pairing. It's simply moving an area of strength for a position of need.
Just because they didn't light up the scoresheet instantly doesn't mean the team isn't starting to develop chemistry. And I'm not sure what's wrong with winning a game in a shootout, a lot of teams do it. Not to mention we spent most of the OT on the PK and when it ended we had 3 scoring chances in a short period of time. I also knew I'd have to read crap about how the rangers scored on the PP because of a dirty play, yet there have been so many times these past few years where we couldnt convert on a 5 on 3 when badly needed. But now when we finally score, and score twice, they don't have the significance they should because it came due to a dirty hit. That thought process is silly, just silly. It's never enough.

I said the team is beginning to gel, not we have solid chemistry and a full identity. There was no training camp with a roster that had a lot of turnover. Then we had injuries left and right. We traded a veteran off the roster. Give them some time. And if you think del zotto has fallen out of favor then i don;t know what to tell you because he absolutely has not. Yeah the other 3 are higher on the depth chart but that's a damn good problem to have. MDZ still gets good ice time, especially PP time. You saw how this team can look when healthy, we don't need a big move.

RGY is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 AM
  #475
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Just because they didn't light up the scoresheet instantly doesn't mean the team isn't starting to develop chemistry. And I'm not sure what's wrong with winning a game in a shootout, a lot of teams do it. Not to mention we spent most of the OT on the PK and when it ended we had 3 scoring chances in a short period of time. I also knew I'd have to read crap about how the rangers scored on the PP because of a dirty play, yet there have been so many times these past few years where we couldnt convert on a 5 on 3 when badly needed. But now when we finally score, and score twice, they don't have the significance they should because it came due to a dirty hit. That thought process is silly, just silly. It's never enough.

I said the team is beginning to gel, not we have solid chemistry and a full identity. There was no training camp with a roster that had a lot of turnover. Then we had injuries left and right. We traded a veteran off the roster. Give them some time. And if you think del zotto has fallen out of favor then i don;t know what to tell you because he absolutely has not. Yeah the other 3 are higher on the depth chart but that's a damn good problem to have. MDZ still gets good ice time, especially PP time. You saw how this team can look when healthy, we don't need a big move.
Perhaps they don't need a big move, but they certainly have to make some moves. You can't have Brian Boyle as our 3C if the Rangers are serious about winning a stanley cup. There is no way around it.

They also need a hard shooting right handed Dman for the PP.

If they don't address those two needs, Rangers will not contend this year..

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.