HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 09:56 AM
  #501
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I do think Clutterbuck and Cullen will be dealt if the Wild are out of it at the deadline. Just a hunch but Clutterbuck especially would be a perfect 3rd line RW. I would deal Boyle for him then trade for a UFA rental C

Nash, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Stepan, Gaborik
Pyatt, rental, Clutterbuck
Powe, Halpern, Asham

Miller back down for more seasoning.
There would be 29 teams after Clutterbuck. He would be ideal for this team.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:19 AM
  #502
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I do think Clutterbuck and Cullen will be dealt if the Wild are out of it at the deadline. Just a hunch but Clutterbuck especially would be a perfect 3rd line RW. I would deal Boyle for him then trade for a UFA rental C

Nash, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Stepan, Gaborik
Pyatt, rental, Clutterbuck
Powe, Halpern, Asham

Miller back down for more seasoning.
They need another RW why? If anything put him on the 4th and sit Asham, especially if he is still injured. Why are you breaking up Nash and Hagelin to bring in a third line RW? Who are they trading for him? Boyle? He is missing from your lines. Why trade him and then trade for a rental to replace him?

Miller is looking better each game. He will probably stick.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
  #503
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I do think Clutterbuck and Cullen will be dealt if the Wild are out of it at the deadline. Just a hunch but Clutterbuck especially would be a perfect 3rd line RW. I would deal Boyle for him then trade for a UFA rental C

Nash, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Stepan, Gaborik
Pyatt, rental, Clutterbuck
Powe, Halpern, Asham

Miller back down for more seasoning.

i dont think he has played great but he doesnt deserve to go down yet.
it would cost alot more than Boyle for Clutterbuck... if the Wild deals Clutterbuck i wont be shocked if his value was a first, top prospect and a depth player

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
  #504
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,632
vCash: 500
how about Carolina as a seller with Ward down? Unless Ellis steps it up they may be in trouble

Chad Larose? (UFA)
McBain or Jokinen?

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
  #505
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
how about Carolina as a seller with Ward down? Unless Ellis steps it up they may be in trouble

Chad Larose? (UFA)
McBain or Jokinen?
Still would love McBain, although for a team pushing for right now it may not make the most sense. I doubt they move Jokinen. Maybe Ruutu.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  #506
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Still would love McBain, although for a team pushing for right now it may not make the most sense. I doubt they move Jokinen. Maybe Ruutu.
They might reconsider now that Ward is out for 6-8 weeks with a knee injury. Ruutu is injured as well, so they can't trade him. Want nothing to do with Jokinen.

I think McBain would be a nice addition. However, I think he's finally recapturing his game and might be off-limits.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  #507
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If you are going to pont at production, I believe you should point to both sets of stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Perron scored 42 points in 57 games. .73 PPG. Del Zotto scored 41 in 77. .57 PPG. Though I suppose it's much easier to make your point if you just leave out things like, ya know, facts.
Ok fair enough.
But that actually points to another issue with Perron. His concussion history. Unless you think that fact is not relevant.
He has never scored more than 50 points in his career, I would much rather keep the 40 point scoring Dman and go get another LW that would get me similar production at a lesser cost, i.e. Glencross, until the kids are ready.
My point still stands, you don't rob Peter to pay Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Additionally if you believe that Perron is JUST another 40 Point scorer, then you should exit the discussion.
You think Perron is special?
If you are biased toward Perron, then maybe you should recuse yourself from the discussion.

Quote:
The Blues do not take a MDZ for Perron deal and run. They ask for more and justifiably so.
How so? Any supporting facts, or just an opinion.
Fact remains it is a lot easier to find a wing like Perron than a scoring Dman like DZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Let me add that if I am moving MDZ, it's not going to be for a player 7+ years older (Glencross)
Ca you point to where I said move DZ for Glencross? Nowhere. Go back and read the post.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
  #508
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Perron would be an excellent addition to this team. Very skilled, speedy, high hockey IQ. 24 years old.

Although I wouldn't move Del Zotto for him.
It'd give me pause, but unless we had another d-man lined up for a trade, I don't think I'd do it either. Perron might end up in Tortorella's dog house rather quickly as well. Kid loves to stickhandle and it results in quite a few turnovers.

However, Perron is the kind of talent I'd be looking for if someone came knocking for Gaborik.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
  #509
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It'd give me pause, but unless we had another d-man lined up for a trade, I don't think I'd do it either. Perron might end up in Tortorella's dog house rather quickly as well. Kid loves to stickhandle and it results in quite a few turnovers.

However, Perron is the kind of talent I'd be looking for if someone came knocking for Gaborik.
Me too. Perron would be a nice addition for this team.

Perron + Polak + _______

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:04 AM
  #510
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Perron would be an excellent addition to this team. Very skilled, speedy, high hockey IQ. 24 years old.

Although I wouldn't move Del Zotto for him.
Agree.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
  #511
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Ok fair enough.
But that actually points to another issue with Perron. His concussion history. Unless you think that fact is not relevant.
He has never scored more than 50 points in his career, I would much rather keep the 40 point scoring Dman and go get another LW that would get me similar production at a lesser cost, i.e. Glencross, until the kids are ready.
My point still stands, you don't rob Peter to pay Paul.
Concussions are an issue. Never said it wasn't.

You can't say Perron has "never scored more than 50 points" and then turn around and label Del Zotto as a "40 point d-man". It's a little disingenuous. He's scored 40 points just once. Just like Perron has scored 50 once.

If we had another RHD lined up and this trade was on the table? I'd take it in a second. One for one right now? Don't think so.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
  #512
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
3. 3rd line center
The names that I feel might be of interest here are:
  • Mike Ribeiro
  • Nik Antropov
  • Derek Roy
  • Stephen Weiss
I watched the Blues-Stars games yesterday. Roy was first star. I am still amazed how he delivered that blind pass to Jagr on his stick. He is 2C not a 3C.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
  #513
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I watched the Blues-Stars games yesterday. Roy was first star. I am still amazed how he delivered that blind pass to Jagr on his stick. He is 2C not a 3C.
He is actually a 2LW at this point I believe. Not even average defensively.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
  #514
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Concussions are an issue. Never said it wasn't.

You can't say Perron has "never scored more than 50 points" and then turn around and label Del Zotto as a "40 point d-man". It's a little disingenuous. He's scored 40 points just once. Just like Perron has scored 50 once.

If we had another RHD lined up and this trade was on the table? I'd take it in a second. One for one right now? Don't think so.
I really feel that Detroit would offer the best landing spot and return for Gaborik. They need someone who can capitalize with Datsyuk and he and Zeterrberg are getting older. One thrives with the puck, one without.

Just makes too much sense.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
  #515
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Ok fair enough.
But that actually points to another issue with Perron. His concussion history. Unless you think that fact is not relevant.
He has never scored more than 50 points in his career, I would much rather keep the 40 point scoring Dman and go get another LW that would get me similar production at a lesser cost, i.e. Glencross, until the kids are ready.
My point still stands, you don't rob Peter to pay Paul.

His concussion issue is as important to me as is Marc Staal's. The fact that he has not missed a game since coming back from that injury is encouraging. As is the fact that he posted a 60 point pace last year and pro-rated over a full season this year is on pace for another 55 points. And I do agree with the general premise of not taking from Peter to pay Paul. I just disagree with the general premise that you think that Perron is some run of the mill 2nd/3rd line tweener. Perron would be this teams 1st line LW hands down. No questions asked.

You think Perron is special?
If you are biased toward Perron, then maybe you should recuse yourself from the discussion.

Do I think he's special like in the sense that I believe he can be an point per game player? No. Do I believe he has yet to reach his full potential of a 30/30 guy? No. I'm not biased towards the player, but I do believe in acknowledging talent and pointing out where I see a disparity in understanding that difference.


How so? Any supporting facts, or just an opinion.
Fact remains it is a lot easier to find a wing like Perron than a scoring Dman like DZ.

You are not getting a teams 1st line LW for a 2nd pairing defenceman. Not when that 2nd pairing guy is not what they are needing in terms of defensive defenceman. It's an opinion, but one based on logic and need. If any team takes that deal it's the Rangers, not the Blues and I would prefer NOT to move MDZ at all.

Ca you point to where I said move DZ for Glencross? Nowhere. Go back and read the post.

No you did not specifically point to trading MDZ for Glencross, but the conversation was discussing MDZ for Perron, you dismiss Perron as a 40 point player and bring up Glencross (a true and legit 40+ point guy) So the assumption on my part because you did not specify otherwise, is that you advocated an MDZ for Glencross type transaction
answers in bold.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
  #516
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Concussions are an issue. Never said it wasn't.

You can't say Perron has "never scored more than 50 points" and then turn around and label Del Zotto as a "40 point d-man". It's a little disingenuous. He's scored 40 points just once. Just like Perron has scored 50 once.

If we had another RHD lined up and this trade was on the table? I'd take it in a second. One for one right now? Don't think so.
And 37 point his rookie year, close enough for me.
Nevertheless, I think overall we agree, there are more pressing needs than a LW.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
  #517
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
answers in bold.
I am not going point by point, but I think there is a consensus here.
We would love to have Perron here, but not at the expense of DZ. Good enough?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
  #518
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I really feel that Detroit would offer the best landing spot and return for Gaborik. They need someone who can capitalize with Datsyuk and he and Zeterrberg are getting older. One thrives with the puck, one without.

Just makes too much sense.
I think it makes more sense for Detroit than for us. Especially if Detroit is coming east in the realignment -- though that might make Gabby more willing to waive his NTC.

I look at what would likely be available from Detroit and I can't help but say "meh" to all of them. I think the real solution, if we were to move him anyway, would be to perhaps target some pieces in deals that are more appealing to other teams, and then make an additional trade. I.e., trade Gaborik for a young LHD plus a top-six scoring prospect. Then trade the D we picked up for another scorer, like Perron for example.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
  #519
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,867
vCash: 500
Perron had a serious concussion two years ago. Took him 13 months to play again. No thanks. The Rangers have already lost one player to a head injury. The Rangers don't have to move DZ unless its for a significant forward. A center. Power forward.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:36 AM
  #520
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think it makes more sense for Detroit than for us. Especially if Detroit is coming east in the realignment -- though that might make Gabby more willing to waive his NTC.

I look at what would likely be available from Detroit and I can't help but say "meh" to all of them. I think the real solution, if we were to move him anyway, would be to perhaps target some pieces in deals that are more appealing to other teams, and then make an additional trade. I.e., trade Gaborik for a young LHD plus a top-six scoring prospect. Then trade the D we picked up for another scorer, like Perron for example.
That will most likely be the way it has to be done and I feel that Detroit has a ton of pieces that both the Rangers and other teams would covet.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:41 AM
  #521
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That will most likely be the way it has to be done and I feel that Detroit has a ton of pieces that both the Rangers and other teams would covet.
Gabby to Ottawa for Cowen, Zibanejad and a pick per me and no Sens fan ever.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:47 AM
  #522
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That will most likely be the way it has to be done and I feel that Detroit has a ton of pieces that both the Rangers and other teams would covet.
Either Detroit or Ottawa would be good landing spots Gabby would waive his NTC for.
I personally think Sather would only move if he is overwhelmed by an offer. This team still needs scoring and the point of the Nash trade was to enhance Gabby's production not replace it. But it will not stop us fans from speculating.
I prefer Ottawa, they have better assets.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
  #523
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,867
vCash: 500
The Blues are a mess. Steen,McDonald and Tarasenko are out. Their goaltending has been inconsistent. Arnott has re-joined the Blues to see if he can play again. They looked so good in the first 2 weeks of the season.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
  #524
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,867
vCash: 500
Gaborik has a list of teams he won't accept a trade to. The Rangers don't need his permission to trade him to the teams not on the list.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:02 PM
  #525
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gaborik has a list of teams he won't accept a trade to. The Rangers don't need his permission to trade him to the teams not on the list.
The Rangers won't trade Gaborik this season.

RGY is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.