HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread V: "Trade 40 Goal Scorer NBD" (3/8: Getzlaf re-signs)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Sticky Fingers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think many people (including myself) think that you maximize the asset whenever the return is best. If that happens at this years deadline, so be it. If not, they don't HAVE to move him ever. I just hope they are looking into it.
I don't want assets. I want cup!

Old
03-06-2013, 06:35 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The cap will be $64.3M next season. The Rangers will have 45% of the payroll invested in 4 players. The Rangers are currently 8th in the east. Gaborik is a $7.5M player. Gaborik is a right winger. Nash and Callahan are right wingers. The Rangers have to re-sign 3 key free agents this summer. They can play around with the bottom of the line-up but those players will need to be replaced. Round out the roster. Leave money to operate the team during the season.

The Rangers wanted to re-sign Callahan to a longer term than 3 years in 2011 but Callahan's agent wanted a higher cap hit the Rangers were looking to add. Callahan will come in at $5M. He is at $4.25M right now. Girardi will come in at around $4M and change. Lundqvist will came in at $7M.

Gaborik is such a great player but when you bring up a trade proposal. The response is the other team will never do it. Why not?

Old
03-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The cap will be $64.3M next season. The Rangers will have 45% of the payroll invested in 4 players. The Rangers are currently 8th in the east. Gaborik is a $7.5M player. Gaborik is a right winger. Nash and Callahan are right wingers. The Rangers have to re-sign 3 key free agents this summer. They can play around with the bottom of the line-up but those players will need to be replaced. Round out the roster. Leave money to operate the team during the season.

The Rangers wanted to re-sign Callahan to a longer term than 3 years in 2011 but Callahan's agent wanted a higher cap hit the Rangers were looking to add. Callahan will come in at $5M. He is at $4.25M right now. Girardi will come in at around $4M and change. Lundqvist will came in at $7M.

Gaborik is such a great player but when you bring up a trade proposal. The response is the other team will never do it. Why not?
Depends on the team really.

Teams trying to win now who lack scoring or a dynamic scoring presence, are good trading partners.

Teams that are young, rebuilding, middle of the pack or have plenty of offense are not.

03-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Good points all over.

Truth to be told, I don't think Torts believes in Marian Gaborik as a core piece on a contender. And until he proves me otherwise, I don't either.

I love many things about Gabby, but I hate the opertunistic goal scoring style of game he has. Just not that effective in the game today -- from his teams point of view.

But I definitely think we could find a "taker" for him, and I would almost be suprised if Slats didn't try to find one this spring. Like what was the deal with Doan? We were de facto trying to get him, and everyone knew the cap wouldn't be 70m next season. The plan just seem to have been to move him all along.

I do think we would find a "taker" for Gabby, ie get a solid return. There are too many hopeless teams in this league and many will see Gabby as a quick fix.

In terms of roster structure, I think we could do perfectly fine with someone like Zucc on the right side with Nash and Cally. Use Gabby's 7m at other positions.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
pld459666

Been saying this since February 2012, now everyone is rounding into form.

Rangers wanted Nash last February to have 2 real and legit kicks at the Cup. Last year and this year.

Rangers had and have every intention of trading Gaborik at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Frees up $$ to sign Stepan, McD and Hagelin AND it will help replenish the Org. Depth lost in the Nash trade.

Not having a 1st in the 2013 is something that Clark and Gorton will want to have remedied.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Been saying this since February 2012, now everyone is rounding into form.

Rangers wanted Nash last February to have 2 real and legit kicks at the Cup. Last year and this year.

Rangers had and have every intention of trading Gaborik at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Frees up $$ to sign Stepan, McD and Hagelin AND it will help replenish the Org. Depth lost in the Nash trade.

Not having a 1st in the 2013 is something that Clark and Gorton will want to have remedied.
it's a tough call. This yr they have to keep him and go for it with both Nash and Gaborik. Next yr yea I could see him being moved but it would have to be for a huuuuge haul. I mean a 1st, top 6 winger, top prospect.

This yr I would like to see Boyle get the heck out of town. I used to support him but he stinks and they could get better for him. Use a 3rd for a rental D and or 3rd line C

Old
03-06-2013, 08:38 AM
NYR Viper

Look at the Flyers. If Gaborik would return a Schenn + Simmonds would anyone complain? What about Couturier + Voracek?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Look at the Flyers. If Gaborik would return a Schenn + Simmonds would anyone complain? What about Couturier + Voracek?
I'll pack his bags if the return is like either of those trades.

I'm not in a hurry to see it happen, but any trade like those make the Rangers better now and going forward.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Richards and Carter were 26, signed long term at cap friendly deals, did not have NTCs, and did not have extensive injury histories.

The Rangers will not be getting a return near that level should they move Gabby.

03-06-2013, 08:57 AM
NYR Viper

Some very interesting proposals on th Trade Rumor Board:

Nyquist
Abdelkader
White
Jurco
1st '14

Zibanejad
Smith
Gonchar/Wiercioch
1st

Honqvist/Fischer
Watson
Blum
1st
2nd

Old
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Richards and Carter were 26, signed long term at cap friendly deals, did not have NTCs, and did not have extensive injury histories.

The Rangers will not be getting a return near that level should they move Gabby.
Richards and Carter were known partiers. They were also signed forever with a new CBA in the near future. There value was higher but not much.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:05 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Richards and Carter were known partiers. They were also signed forever with a new CBA in the near future. There value was higher but not much.
They were young "franchise" players one year removed from an Eastern Conference championship.

Look if you get 2-3 teams in a bidding war a lot is possible, but from a value standpoint I personally would not expect a Richards/Carter return.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Vitto79

Quote:

Nyquist
Abdelkader
White
Jurco
1st '14

Zibanejad
Smith
Gonchar/Wiercioch
1st

Honqvist/Fischer
Watson
Blum
1st
2nd
I thin NSH makes sense since they need offensive. Hornqvust would be solid, I like Erat but I think he has a long term deal. They have alot of young D, Ryan Ellis would be great but Blum, Josi,etc. Options anyway

needa 1st back since they moved one for Nash. That's not a bad offseason deal really.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:11 AM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Fisher/Blum/1st at the draft would be a solid trade, IMO.

Still want Mike Zibanejad. Wanted him at the draft, want him in a trade for Gabby.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
03-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
They were young "franchise" players one year removed from an Eastern Conference championship.

Look if you get 2-3 teams in a bidding war a lot is possible, but from a value standpoint I personally would not expect a Richards/Carter return.
They're still not as good players as Gaborik.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:13 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Fisher/Blum/1st at the draft would be a solid trade, IMO.

Still want Mike Zibanejad. Wanted him at the draft, want him in a trade for Gabby.
Yeah, out of all of the teams, I think those 3 make the most sense.

I like the Detroits offer but Ottawa's would be great with Zib

Old
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Personally, I have no interest in Mike Fisher. Plus, his NMC kicks in on July 1st and there's no way he's leaving Carrie Underwood.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Personally, I have no interest in Mike Fisher. Plus, his NMC kicks in on July 1st and there's no way he's leaving Carrie Underwood.
Iuld hope for Hornqvist. Good net fron presence.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd kill for something similar. I love Gaborik, but if we could get an every shift player like Simmonds and then something else on top of that.

Man....

03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'd kill for something similar. I love Gaborik, but if we could get an every shift player like Simmonds and then something else on top of that.

Man....
Yeah, and that "something else" has 19 points in 23 games.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Seriously? I dont even know if the Flyers would trade Voracek for Gaborik straight up.

Gaborik is a 32 year old free agent to be who seems poised to be coming off a poor season. Im not adverse to moving him, but your thoughts on a return are way off.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:

Nyquist
Abdelkader
White
Jurco
1st '14

Zibanejad
Smith
Gonchar/Wiercioch
1st

Honqvist/Fischer
Watson
Blum
1st
2nd
The Nashville package is the most appealing to me, and I'd take Hörnqvist over Fisher. Underrated possession player, he has led his team in Corsi Rel every year except his 28-game rookie season where he was 5th. He has done this against above average competition as well, this year he plays the hardest minutes on the team.

His statline this year is only decent: 13 2 5 7 -1, but he is getting killed in the percentage department.

His Sh% is 3.8, vs a career average of 9.4.

His On-Ice Sh% is at 6.02.

He gets 92.2 ESSv% against a team average of 92.5.

He is due for major upwards regression.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yeah, and that "something else" has 19 points in 23 games.
LOL. Didn't even realize. Speaking of the Boyler post I quoted, Simmonds/Voracek are tied for the team lead in goals and Voracek has the most points on Philly.

I'd say that worked well.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Seriously? I dont even know if the Flyers would trade Voracek for Gaborik straight up.

Gaborik is a 32 year old free agent to be who seems poised to be coming off a poor season. Im not adverse to moving him, but your thoughts on a return are way off.
Voracek, Simmonds and Schenn were not the players they are today when they were dealt. They all took the next step with Philly.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

They wouldn't do it NOW. But they were just examples of what the Flyers got for their stars 1.5 years ago. All of the players the Flyers got have vastly exceeded their expectations, except maybe Schenn.

Closed Thread