HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks vs. Red Wings: Robocop Edition, 7:30 PM PST, CSN-CA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
  #826
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
So, you are saying that everyone whos name is on the cup had 'heart'? Careful, think that through.
Your trying too hard to convince me otherwise, not going to happen. Ive been a sharks fan way too long and seen way too many failures to not warrant a change. Whats your point about this cup and heart thing? Im pretty sure I never said that anyways so...

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
  #827
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
But he's gutless?!!

This makes as much sense as my sandwich bag that says "Keeps food hot or cold".

WHICH ONE IS IT?!?

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
  #828
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
I never thought I'd see the day that the goalie everyone thought was mediocre/above average was gonna be the best player on the team so far with all the talented skaters we have. That just shows how ****** the forwards have been.


You know DW and the Sharks love to copy cup winners right? Maybe they're trying to emulate the Kings since they're the most recent cup winner. DW has probably been busy looking for his Richards/Carter and Sutter. The Kings won with an ex-Shark coach. Watch the Sharks fire Todd and get Terry Murray.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
  #829
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yes. The sharks are playing a system that does not and has not worked for several seasons. You will not know what you have unless you remove the obvious problem first, fix that, and then see what problems remain.
I see your point but I really want to see a true shoot first sniper on this team and that may require moving a big piece. Im on board for any top six not named Couture to be bait.

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:10 PM
  #830
JodyShelleysNo1Fan
Registered User
 
JodyShelleysNo1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
I never thought I'd see the day that the goalie everyone thought was mediocre/above average was gonna be the best player on the team so far with all the talented skaters we have. That just shows how ****** the forwards have been.


You know DW and the Sharks love to copy cup winners right? Maybe they're trying to emulate the Kings since they're the most recent cup winner. DW has probably been busy looking for his Richards/Carter and Sutter. The Kings won with an ex-Shark coach. Watch the Sharks fire Todd and get Terry Murray.
If he's seriously trying to copy the Kings, he needs to be fired....right now. Stop trying to copy and build off of your own ****ing vision.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:11 PM
  #831
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
I never thought I'd see the day that the goalie everyone thought was mediocre/above average was gonna be the best player on the team so far with all the talented skaters we have. That just shows how ****** the forwards have been.


You know DW and the Sharks love to copy cup winners right? Maybe they're trying to emulate the Kings since they're the most recent cup winner. DW has probably been busy looking for his Richards/Carter and Sutter. The Kings won with an ex-Shark coach. Watch the Sharks fire Todd and get Terry Murray.
Haha yeah, Nemo has really shined and looks like ol' cup Nemo. Imagine what could be had he had run support. We might not be having the Tmac head on a stick discussion now.

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
  #832
anthonyyy
Registered User
 
anthonyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 192
vCash: 300
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...-and-hyde-team

That article pisses me off.

anthonyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
  #833
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,499
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish GP View Post
Your trying too hard to convince me otherwise, not going to happen. Ive been a sharks fan way too long and seen way too many failures to not warrant a change. Whats your point about this cup and heart thing? Im pretty sure I never said that anyways so...
Because you are implying that Marleau alone is bringing this team down and if we keep him we are doomed. That implies that we can't win with him, and since your critisism of him seems to be solely that he does not have 'heart' you are implying that one player without 'heart' ruins a teams chances of winning a cup. That is the logical conclusion of your argument.

The problem with that kind of argument is that 'heart' does not exist, it's not a real thing, it's a word being missused to describe a variety of factors that simply can not be simplified like that. Those things would be Conviction, will power, competitiveness, pride, etc. Trying to distill that all into a word like 'heart' and then arbitrarily assign it to a person is indefensible. I can't argue with you about it because there is nothing to discuss, it's not a real thing that can be proved or not proved. You essentially made up a reason, based it on conjecture, then used it as debate point.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
  #834
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
If he's seriously trying to copy the Kings, he needs to be fired....right now. Stop trying to copy and build off of your own ****ing vision.
Cereal on that. Stop trying to bring in guys that had a good run, they dont last. Those teams had chemistry at the right time.

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
  #835
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,499
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyyy View Post
This team is hosed.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
  #836
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Because you are implying that Marleau alone is bringing this team down and if we keep him we are doomed. That implies that we can't win with him, and since your critisism of him seems to be solely that he does not have 'heart' you are implying that one player without 'heart' ruins a teams chances of winning a cup. That is the logical conclusion of your argument.

The problem with that kind of argument is that 'heart' does not exist, it's not a real thing, it's a word being missused to describe a variety of factors that simply can not be simplified like that. Those things would be Conviction, will power, competitiveness, pride, etc. Trying to distill that all into a word like 'heart' and then arbitrarily assign it to a person is indefensible. I can't argue with you about it because there is nothing to discuss, it's not a real thing that can be proved or not proved. You essentially made up a reason, based it on conjecture, then used it as debate point.
Sometimes a big hit can change a game, when hes buggering up the top line with softness we get flattened by bigger guys willing to lay it out. Marleau is a flamingo that is long overdue for change. Sure he scores in streaks and then dissapears again like always, always! He isnt the only reason this team wreaks. I love how you always put words in my mouth. I once again never singled out patty as the sole reason. Heart is like an umbrella of things, just like those you mention and the ones I highlighted. Simple really.

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
  #837
couturefan39
Registered User
 
couturefan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyyy View Post
Sounds like McLellan's job is safe...

And Wilson probably won't make a move until April 3rd. We're so ****ed.

couturefan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
  #838
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,499
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish GP View Post
Sometimes a big hit can change a game, when hes buggering up the top line with softness we get flattened by bigger guys willing to lay it out. Marleau is a flamingo that is long overdue for change. Sure he scores in streaks and then dissapears again like always, always! He isnt the only reason this team wreaks. I love how you always put words in my mouth. I once again never singled out patty as the sole reason. Heart is like an umbrella of things, just like those you mention and the ones I highlighted. Simple really.
No offense man, but I can't discuss this any further. We disagree, fundamentally, let's leave it at that.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
  #839
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 48,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
If he's seriously trying to copy the Kings, he needs to be fired....right now. Stop trying to copy and build off of your own ****ing vision.
So we're gonna trade Doherty, 1st, and 2nd for a worthless pancake eating winger?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
  #840
Fistfullofbeer
#FREEMEIER
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,015
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by couturefan39 View Post
Sounds like McLellan's job is safe...

And Wilson probably won't make a move until April 3rd. We're so ****ed.
That's exactly how I read that article.

But with DW who knows. He keeps wanting to believe that the Sharks are actually the team that won 7 in a row at the beginning of the season. I really thought he was smarter than that.

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
  #841
WTFetus
Moderator
Marlov
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 13,240
vCash: 500
If Clowe is injured, he shouldn't be playing. He was doing more harm then good earlier this season.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:26 PM
  #842
pappaf2
Registered User
 
pappaf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couturefan39 View Post
Sounds like McLellan's job is
How the crap is that possible? DW is even dumber than I thought.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
  #843
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,499
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
That's exactly how I read that article.

But with DW who knows. He keeps wanting to believe that the Sharks are actually the team that won 7 in a row at the beginning of the season. I really thought he was smarter than that.
Yah, he clearly doesn't get it. Teams had no camps and they were not playing their best, the Sharks were for some reason a little bit more 'together' than most teams to start the season and took advantage of it. Now, those other teams have their game together, the Sharks are still trying to do what they were doing before, and it's not working.

It's not even 7 games really, 3 of those games when to OT. It's like 4 games ffs. He's basing the entire season off of 4 freaking games.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
  #844
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
No offense man, but I can't discuss this any further. We disagree, fundamentally, let's leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
The problem with that kind of argument is that 'heart' does not exist, it's not a real thing, it's a word being missused to describe a variety of factors that simply can not be simplified like that. Those things would be Conviction, will power, competitiveness, pride, etc. Trying to distill that all into a word like 'heart' and then arbitrarily assign it to a person is indefensible.

Yup you called it right there, described heart fairly well. Def not a made up term. I will argue this to the death, sorry. You and members like Justaposer dont get it. You guys want to come off as the definitive hockey reference. Your not, sorry...

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
  #845
pappaf2
Registered User
 
pappaf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
If Clowe is injured, he shouldn't be playing. He was doing more harm then good earlier this season.
Seems like brain damage to me...

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:32 PM
  #846
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
The Kings winning as the 8th seed is not good because it makes Wilson think all they need to do is make the playoffs and click at the right time. Nevermind that the Kings are the 1st 8th seed in history to do it. He'll keep trying to make the playoffs and hope they get hot instead of admitting that the team isn't good enough and do a rebuild.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:32 PM
  #847
Swedish GP
Registered User
 
Swedish GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Third Eye
Country: Sweden
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
"Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said recently that the strategy of the game has changed in the past few seasons. Rather than get wait for traffic to get in front of the net before taking a shot, McLellan would rather see his team shoot the puck whenever a lane opens up to the goaltender.

Wilson echoed McLellan’s view, saying that “80 to 90” percent of the goals scored in today’s NHL are, “get to the net, in the paint, rebounds, banking off people, wrap plays. We have not, as a group, done the things necessary to score goals. The results are obvious.”

Wait what, these two statements almost contradict, shoot but dont get to the paint, no get to the paint and get rebounds, what?

Swedish GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
  #848
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 48,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
I never thought I'd see the day that the goalie everyone thought was mediocre/above average was gonna be the best player on the team so far with all the talented skaters we have. That just shows how ****** the forwards have been.


You know DW and the Sharks love to copy cup winners right? Maybe they're trying to emulate the Kings since they're the most recent cup winner. DW has probably been busy looking for his Richards/Carter and Sutter. The Kings won with an ex-Shark coach. Watch the Sharks fire Todd and get Terry Murray.
Not Everyone

__________________


If you understood everything I said, you’d be me - Miles Davis

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
  #849
Got Mullet
Registered User
 
Got Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lincoln, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyyy View Post
“We’re a Jekyll and Hyde team,” he said. “If we hadn’t shown what we’re capable of, then to me, we’re a Hyde team and it makes it pretty easy.”

So a five game span at the start of this year where there was next to no training camp to get new players oriented to new systems or get them in game shape is as good an indicatior of what the team can do as compaired to how they played most of last season and the other 14 games this year?

Am I missing something here?

Got Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
  #850
Fistfullofbeer
#FREEMEIER
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,015
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yah, he clearly doesn't get it. Teams had no camps and they were not playing their best, the Sharks were for some reason a little bit more 'together' than most teams to start the season and took advantage of it. Now, those other teams have their game together, the Sharks are still trying to do what they were doing before, and it's not working.

It's not even 7 games really, 3 of those games when to OT. It's like 4 games ffs. He's basing the entire season off of 4 freaking games.
I am not going to root for us to lose but realistically the only way I see DW make changes is if we miss the playoffs. The combination of our start this year, LA's run last year and DW's brain getting too much radiation from the tanning machine has given him a false sense of hope.

Unfortunately for us, by doing that we miss out on the possible picks and prospects we could get for trading Murray, Clowe, Handzus, etc. before the end of the season.

DW was put in charge to help us get the cup. He failed and we are heading in the wrong direction. The sooner he admits he is wrong the better it will be for the team to get back on track.

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.