HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Hannibal (NBC)

Old
05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Takeo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
No, it was because of the elementary school shooting. Because it involved kids and murder. But it was silly anyway there's really no link to be made I've seen it and it's just silly that they'd do that. It's not even the most gory episode.
Why are you trying to apply logic to political correctness?

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1061
Well, this sucks. I'm a big fan of Hannibal Lecter -- in the movies and books. But Mads Mikkelson is just ruining the character for me. He is nothing like the Hannibal from the movies/books. No personality whatsoever, IMO. I was so hoping this would be a success, but it seems to be a big FAIL, for me at least. So disappointed.

05-11-2013, 08:59 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Well, this sucks. I'm a big fan of Hannibal Lecter -- in the movies and books. But Mads Mikkelson is just ruining the character for me. He is nothing like the Hannibal from the movies/books. No personality whatsoever, IMO. I was so hoping this would be a success, but it seems to be a big FAIL, for me at least. So disappointed.
He's more like Hannibal from the books than Hopkins was.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Why are you trying to apply logic to political correctness?
Good point.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I haven't read the books but this Hannibal makes more sense to me than Hopkins one.

I'm a fan of Silence of the lamb and Hopkins. I thought he was great in the movie. But he was really over the top with the hisses. He seemed more crazy than psychopathic.

I'd think a genius psychopath would be more like Mikkelson's portrayal. Cold, devoid of personality because he has no emotions.. only pretending to be like everyone else by using courtesy and hiding behind his profession as a psychiatrist. I loved how Gillian Anderson put it in the last episode. It all seemed to fit together for me.

Maybe my opinion would be different if I had read the books.

Old
05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Thorntonfan97
Jose Bautista-35 HR

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
I'd say so far this has been a show I've enjoyed watching and Mads Mikkelson is probably my favorite Lecter out of all of the previous ones

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I like it but I feel a lack of investment with the characters.

In the movies it seemed like Lector killed a couple people and ate them. The series makes it seem like he killed a mass amount of people.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Hoser

He killed a lot of people.

In Manhunter Graham is asked by the Atlanta PD detective if he's the one who caught Lecter. He then asks "He [Lecter] killed nine people, didn't he?"

Graham answers "That we know of. Two didn't die."

Lecter was a very prolific serial killer.

Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
He killed a lot of people.

In Manhunter Graham is asked by the Atlanta PD detective if he's the one who caught Lecter. He then asks "He [Lecter] killed nine people, didn't he?"

Graham answers "That we know of. Two didn't die."

Lecter was a very prolific serial killer.
He killed like 6 this episode alone? I think they are over doing certain aspects of the character. Lector never struck me as a character that would kill 6 people just to make a dinner for some guests. I mean maybe the weird stalker guy or the rude Dr. but it seems like he's killing frivolously in the show.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

@andylevy 7:26 PM
YES!!!!! RT @James_Hibberd: 'Hannibal' renewed for second course ******/lyVQc

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Really good show. Probably won't survive for a 3rd season but who knows. Hope it will pick up steam and grow a bigger following.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:18 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

I had wanted to watch a few episodes of Hannibal to see if I liked it, but kept passing up cause I was afraid it'd get canned. Guess now I can watch some Mads.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 02:39 AM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

vCash: 50
I refuse to watch anybody but Hopkins play Lecter.

Ek het lief Woef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 03:40 AM
xNeonXtacyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Well, you're missing out!! Mads plays a great Lecter.

What an episode btw! So happy they renewed it

xNeonXtacyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Really good show. Probably won't survive for a 3rd season but who knows. Hope it will pick up steam and grow a bigger following.
It definitely has picked up steam in the past week or two. The blossoming friendship between Will and Hannibal is giving the series some serious legs.

The multitude of deaths seems a bit silly at first, but I find you have to shut off your bs detector and roll with it. A show about a serial killer has to have a body count, even if he's not doing most of the killing.

Scott Thompson (Kids in the Hall) seems ridiculously miscast in this show. Also a little tired of seeing Morpheus grinding on the leads. But everyone else is a good fit.

Highly recommended.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Stu Macher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Then you're missing what is in my mind the best portrayal we've had of Hannibal Lecter. This is coming from someone who has long considered Silence of the Lambs to be one of my very favorite movies, if not my favorite.

Anthony Hopkins was great in Silence of the Lambs, but as people have said before me in the thread, became a caricature in the later movies. I actually would have liked to see what their original choice for the role, Jeremy Irons, would have done with it. That could have been absolutely stellar.

Stu Macher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Wow, first I am seeing this. Great news! Really liked the first season.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Sevanston

Never saw any of the movies or read the books, so this is my first take on Lecter and I'm loving it.

Everything Lecter does seems so precise and deliberate to the point where I'm surprised no one suspects him of being insane already. Also, it's amusing how hard the show works to make Hannibal's cooking look cultured and delicious instead of raw and savage, like one might expect out of cannibalism.

I felt like the mental issues Will developed from the Hobbes case seemed pretty rushed, but I'm enjoying the ways they keep resurfacing.

Still waiting to see what happens with Hobbes' daughter. Looked like she figured out a lot about Hannibal by eating his cooking, but they never brought that up again so who knows.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Ruston*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Still waiting to see what happens with Hobbes' daughter.
Lecter fed her to Gillian Anderson's character.

Ruston* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruston View Post
Lecter fed her to Gillian Anderson's character.
I don't know why but that made me laugh. Also, taken out of context it's a really weird sentence.

Old
07-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Coq Rouge
Madame Terror

Generally I liked the show, but I felt that Hannibal could've taken a bit more prominent role. It felt, as if the main character was Will and not Hannibal. He seemed more like a sidekick than the protagonist.

Coq Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Ruston*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq Rouge View Post
Generally I liked the show, but I felt that Hannibal could've taken a bit more prominent role. It felt, as if the main character was Will and not Hannibal. He seemed more like a sidekick than the protagonist.
Hannibal is the known. How he will be uncovered is the unknown, hence the focus on Will.

Ruston* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq Rouge View Post
Well, Hopkins only had 16 minutes of screen time in Silence of the Lambs.

Season 2 is underway, by the way. Hey hey hey.

Starbuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Matt19Oilers

I tried watching this show a month ago but just couldn't get into it and quit after 3 episodes. As someone that is now accustomed to the cable dramas of HBO, Showtime, AMC and FX, I just found the show to be too much style and not enough substance. The effects felt overdone and the story a bit too shallow. The procedural nature of the show and over-the-top moments (people getting shot in the face randomly in public) turned me away fron this show pretty quickly.

Matt19Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
I tried watching this show a month ago but just couldn't get into it and quit after 3 episodes. As someone that is now accustomed to the cable dramas of HBO, Showtime, AMC and FX, I just found the show to be too much style and not enough substance. The effects felt overdone and the story a bit too shallow. The procedural nature of the show and over-the-top moments (people getting shot in the face randomly in public) turned me away fron this show pretty quickly.
It's definitely something different, I agree with you the style is a little weird.

I sort of enjoy it but I wouldn't call myself a fan of the show. I just watch it now and then because like you said, it's so different - I certainly understand why you and many others don't really enjoy it.

Loose Sens is offline   Reply With Quote