~HF SEL Fantasy League Rules~

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 06:29 AM
GoGoHuselius

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to GoGoHuselius
~HF SEL Fantasy League Rules~

OK... here are the rules i am suggesting for our SEL Fantasy League, and would prefer for how the league works, based on what seems like the simplest way to keep track of things:

--------------------------------------------------------------

RULES:

- All teams will have a starting line-up of 12 forwards, 8 defensemen and 1 goaltender that is due before the beginning of Elitserien.

- All extras on each team must be turned in as well, in the order in which the GM would like them to be 'dressed' in case of an unforeseen injury or healthy scratch.

- Each GM may change their line-up as much as they would like, but all changes must be made in between rounds of Elitserien in order to be counted. In other words, if a GM decides to make a change in their line-up in the middle of a round, the change will not go into effect until the next round. Any change must be sent to me via e-mail or PM before the beginning of a round for it to take effect in that round.

- If a player in a GM's starting line-up does not play during a round, and the GM does not take him out of the line-up prior to the round, the 1st player on the GM's extras list will be counted in his place. If the GM does not have enough extras at the position to substitute, than a score of 0 will be recorded for that line-up spot.

- Trades: GMs may make trades in between rounds as often as they wish. However, neither team involved in the trade can end up with more than 25 players on their roster. If they do, they must release a player back into the free agent pool. Trades are indicated by both involved teams e-mailing or PM'ing me or another HF SEL Fantasy League GM with the details.

- Free Agents and Waivers: Players that join the SEL during the season will be available after the start of the season via a waiver policy. The team that currently is in last place in the standings will have first chance to pick up the player(s), and if that team chooses the player, they must simultaneously release someone off of their roster. If they choose not to take the player, the team with the next lowest point total will have a chance, and so on upwards in the standings. Before the season starts, players may be taken at will, on a first come, first serve basis. After the season starts, players that have been passed over in both of the league drafts will be Free Agents and can be picked up by anyone at any time, provided they do not exceed their roster maximum. Waiver and Free Agent transactions may not be made in the middle of a round - only in between rounds - or the change will not go into effect until the next round.

- There are a few times in the season in which games are played out of order (ie DIF vs. FBK round 11 game is played in between rounds 14 and 15 on the 28th of October, etc.). In these instances, the starting line-ups of the GMs who have players on those teams (probably all the GMs) will be the same as they were for the other games in the round in which the game is meant to be. In other words, all games meant to be in round 11 will have have the same starting line-ups, regardless of the date on which the games are played.

STATISTICS:

Skaters: Goals = 5 points, Assists = 3 points, PIM = 0.5 points, +/- = plus or minus 1 point

- In the case of a shoot-out, only the player that scores the winning goal will be awarded points.

Goaltenders: SO = 5 points, 1 goal allowed = 3 points, 2 goals allowed = 2 points, 3 or more goals allowed = 0 points, scoring a goal = 20 points, scoring an assist = 5 points

-Goals scored into an empty net will not be counted against a goaltender.

--------------------------------------------------------------

ok, if i have missed anything, or if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about the above rules, please ask, suggest or comment .

Old
09-22-2003, 06:34 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

looking good..

Old
09-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Looking very good..

One question though. How are we going to handle the waivers after each round? Is the team with the least points going to say "no I don't want any player" then the next and so on after each round?

Old
09-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
great job GoGoHuselius!

On the website I'll try to do a function where you/GoGoHuselius can log in and post short messages that will be displayed on the front page of the league website. You can post waiver draft news etc there.

Old
09-22-2003, 12:25 PM
GoGoHuselius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
Looking very good..

One question though. How are we going to handle the waivers after each round? Is the team with the least points going to say "no I don't want any player" then the next and so on after each round?
something along those lines would work... but could be too time consuming to be done between every round. i'm not sure how often a waiver transaction will come up actually, as that is only for players that come into the league from overseas (a la Kallio and Hyvonen last year) or from another European league (perhaps i didn't make that clear in the rules, i'll fix it up). for players that have been passed over in all of our drafts, i was thinking that they would just be in the free agent pool and could be picked up by anyone... whoever claims them first.

and Predatore: that sounds great! until the website is up (no rush , and thanks for doing it, by the way), i will just start a thread with the standings, transactions, et cetera in it here at the boards.

Old
09-22-2003, 12:36 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoHuselius
- All teams will have a starting line-up of 12 forwards, 8 defensemen and 1 goaltender that is due before the beginning of Elitserien.
you guys always talk about the beginning of the season, but could somebody tell me which date it'll be?
remember, i'm not swedish and my best source is this board.

i agree with the rest of your posting and i'm looking forward to our little league.

Old
09-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Predatore

here's the schedule Zecke
http://www.eliteprospects.com/news.php?news=429

As you see the league starts on Wednesday with Djurgården vs. Linköping

Old
09-22-2003, 02:40 PM
GoGoHuselius

oh yeah, sorry about that zecke. i should have mentioned the date the league starts in the rules. so i need your roster (12F, 8D, 1G starting line-up, as well as all your extras) by sometime Wednesday morning. Predatore's and Tampa GM's, as well. although, i don't think Tampa is going to be back in time. any suggestions on what we do if he has not returned before the start of the season? i would just count the players he has, but he is short one d-man.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Predatore

does he have an extra forward? If so, I guess we could count him as a defenseman the first round.

I'll have my team announced and ready tomorrow, Tuesday

Old
09-22-2003, 04:02 PM
GoGoHuselius

yes... according to the list i have (which i think is correct), he has 14F, 7D, 1G.

Ackestrom, Oscar D
Almtorp, Jonas F
Bergqvist, Kenneth F
Casselstahl, Daniel D
Damgaard, Jesper D
Eriksson, Tim F
Gastrin, Magnus F
Lehtinen, Mika D
Lundquist, Joel F
Oberg, Peter F
Petrasek, David D
Petterson, Mikael F
Riihijarvi, Juha F
Rydmark, Daniel F
Sahlstedt, Kalle F
Soderberg, Anders F
Stromberg, Mika D
Styf, Par D
Sundin, Andreas F
Tarvainen, Jussi F
Warg, Fredrik F

Lundqvist, Henrik G

judging by the order in which he selected, it would seem his extras would be Warg and Oberg. so i guess, if we don't hear from him, we'll count his twelve other forwards, his 7 d-men, Lunqvist in goal, and Warg (since he picked him before Oberg). or... we could assign him a d-man from the free agent pool, which he would be free to switch once he gt back. either way would probably work. comments?

Old
09-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Predatore

I'd say we let him use Warg as an extra defenseman in the first round.

One more question: What exactly do you guys think the website should have?
A news feature on the front page. What else?

The team pages, how should they be structured.. and should statistics for each player be displayed, or will that be too much work? (I imagine it would).
Player - Position - G - A - PIM - +/- - FP (Fantasy Points)

Old
09-22-2003, 04:22 PM
GoGoHuselius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
I'd say we let him use Warg as an extra defenseman in the first round.

One more question: What exactly do you guys think the website should have?
A news feature on the front page. What else?

The team pages, how should they be structured.. and should statistics for each player be displayed, or will that be too much work? (I imagine it would).
Player - Position - G - A - PIM - +/- - FP (Fantasy Points)
the way that i planned to keep track in my database was to scour the boxscores and record just the fantasy points for each player in each round. if there is some way to just copy and paste from my database to the page (or from my database to you to the page), than that would be great. as for the other 'real' stats: i don't know. it wouldn't really be too big of a problem for me to record them as well in a separate spreadsheet (it would just be a little extra work), and then copy and paste them as well. i could probably fix up an Excel spreadsheet by the time the site is ready to make it easier on me .

Old
09-23-2003, 04:09 AM
Predatore

might be difficult to copy/paste the stats you have in your db directly to the webpage. Hmm I could probably make some kind of form where the player names are entered and besides them you can enter their FF-points...

Things will be more clear when I start p-ming and know what's possible and not possible

Closed Thread