HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stats

Old
02-27-2013, 02:03 PM
CC321

vCash: 500
Stats

I took a look at a few basic stats this morning. The NHL doesn't have a great reputation with their statistical accuracy, so I just look for things that stand out.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/stats.htm
At 7.5 shooting %, St.Louis is struggling to score goals so far. Lee's -10 stands out, most of that was from a really bad early season start though. I believe Salo knows a thing or two about defense. Apparently, that Stamkos guy is a good goal scorer with a 20.3 shooting %.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats
Lecavalier, Thompson, Aulie, and Lee have done a good job with hits at 2+ per game. For the roles they play, Crombeen and Pyatt could stand to hit people more often. Carle doesn't normally hit much, but I think he should try for at least 1 per game. Carle does lead the team in blocks though. Surprisingly, Hedman and St.Louis are both in the NHLs top 10 for most giveaways. Vinny and Pouliot practicing together over the summer helped them both apparently as Vinny's giveaways are way down this year and Pouliot's points are up. Hall 57.1 and Lecavalier 54.2 are doing well on faceoffs. Stamkos 47.3 still needs work there. Lindback's .890 save% ranks 56th in the league.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Players who have the puck a lot, give away the puck a lot. Explains St. Louis numbers a s well as many others on the list. He does give the puck away a lot and cause a lot of turnovers but it is what it is. Being small playmaker

Hedman has played well with the puck this season so I'm not worried about that number at all.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:55 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 50
I bet at least half of Marty's giveaways are no look drop passes.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Players who have the puck a lot, give away the puck a lot. Explains St. Louis numbers a s well as many others on the list. He does give the puck away a lot and cause a lot of turnovers but it is what it is. Being small playmaker

Hedman has played well with the puck this season so I'm not worried about that number at all.
Usually this is true for his other years, but this year most of his giveaways have been pretty stupid.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post

Yes. Look at the league leaders.

Kovalchuk, Coburn, Hamonic, Markov, Seabrook, MSL, Tavares, Hedman, and Letang.

I also personally don't care much at all about hit statistics. There's been problems with how they've been counted in the past and I'd rather have a player that hits smart than going out of his way to try and make a hit just for the sake of it.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:29 AM
CC321

The org. has stated they want the team to get tougher, which is why they traded for Crombeen. We will need more toughness especially for the playoffs IMO, so I was looking around the stats site looking for someone else we could trade for. Someone from a team that is unlikely to make the NHL playoffs, someone who hits, a generally solid player, a RH Dman preferred, someone who has enough offensive skills to fit on this team, someone who doesn't make a boat load of money, someone who has decent size. And who did I find? Absolutely no one. Gudas is looking better all the time.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
The org. has stated they want the team to get tougher, which is why they traded for Crombeen. We will need more toughness especially for the playoffs IMO, so I was looking around the stats site looking for someone else we could trade for. Someone from a team that is unlikely to make the NHL playoffs, someone who hits, a generally solid player, a RH Dman preferred, someone who has enough offensive skills to fit on this team, someone who doesn't make a boat load of money, someone who has decent size. And who did I find? Absolutely no one. Gudas is looking better all the time.
Kurtis Foster fits that except the hitting.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Kurtis Foster fits that except the hitting.
Foster is not generally a solid player.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Foster is not generally a solid player.
Also accurate. He is mostly liquid.