HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team's best offer for Corey Perry

Old
03-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanJosh View Post
Stastny+1st round pick for Perry !
Yes. Assuming thatPerry resigns with the Aves this may actually be a huge win for both teams.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:43 PM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanJosh View Post
Stastny+1st round pick for Perry !
Don't want to lose Perry but I would certainly get in line with this.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:31 AM
PricePkPatch

I am still befuddled as to why Anaheim would want to trade Perry when they have a shot at the Cup this year.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:39 AM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I am still befuddled as to why Anaheim would want to trade Perry when they have a shot at the Cup this year.
Because then they would get some resources in that they could use in a trade to land a high profile UFA with playoff experience and perhaps even a cup ring...

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Because on HF..building for the future>the present. Anaheim has no reason to move him unless the offer makes sense for them. They are legit cup contender. I hate the Ducks btw.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:41 AM
david999

Moving Perry before the deadline might net the Ducks something, but they are just too close to a cup run to deal him. I really believe they keep Perry, at least until he becomes a ufa.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

I hope Perry remains a Duck and this is all for nothing.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:05 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Jensen and a conditional 1st if perry re-signs. If not, it would be a second.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
I would rather get a first and roster player this year than a CHANCE at a cup. Atleast I'm guaranteed something for Perry.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I would rather get a first and roster player this year than a CHANCE at a cup. Atleast I'm guaranteed something for Perry.

Dude, you will never have anything more than a CHANCE at the Cup.

Ever.

NEVER.

That's the best thing you ever get: A CHANCE. Therefore, you tell me you'd rather ever try to contend?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:23 PM
GoldenJet89

ive never understood the whole "try and get something for an upcoming ufa" approach

talking about playoff teams of course

its so hard to make a run and win a stanley cup. if it looks like your a decent seeded playoff team why on earth would you get rid of a talented player

i know the future is important, but honestly, you gotta do what you can to make a run at the cup. keep perry, and if you lose him in the offseason then so be it.

but they will never be able to replace his value this season with a deadline move

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:

Dude, you will never have anything more than a CHANCE at the Cup.

Ever.

NEVER.

That's the best thing you ever get: A CHANCE. Therefore, you tell me you'd rather ever try to contend?
Obviously it's a chance. We also have a CHANCE without Perry. If we can pull a stastny and a first. To me it would make sense. We gain a center and a first in a very deep draft and still go on for a playoff run.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
UnknownAvenger

If Ducks can't sign Perry, but do keep him for the playoff run, let's not forget someone may pony something up for his rights. Some teams would value the early chance to talk to him and sign him before its open market.

Hartnell/Timonen at the time got a 1st if I recall from Philly. Not sure Anyone would give that up now for Perry's rights, but it's possible or at the very least a 2nd.

Possible Cup + playoff revenues + 1st/2nd is likely more valuable to Anaheim than whatever futures package we would get at deadline.

UnknownAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
We play to win cups. Perry gives us a better chance at a cup than a roster player and a 1st do. Unless were getting an impact forward back I wouldnt move him. And no, I dont consider Stastny to be an impact forward to the extent of what Id move him for.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAvenger View Post
If Ducks can't sign Perry, but do keep him for the playoff run, let's not forget someone may pony something up for his rights. Some teams would value the early chance to talk to him and sign him before its open market.

Hartnell/Timonen at the time got a 1st if I recall from Philly. Not sure Anyone would give that up now for Perry's rights, but it's possible or at the very least a 2nd.

Possible Cup + playoff revenues + 1st/2nd is likely more valuable to Anaheim than whatever futures package we would get at deadline.
Very well said.

I really hope management isnt so reeling from the Schultz debocle that they move Perry simply to not lose another player for no physical assets. A playoff run >> Futures to me personally.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

With the new CBA we would also be able to give him an eighth year in a sign-and-trade, something Dreger was talking about a few weeks ago. I have no idea what that would be worth, but I assume something.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Bobby Smash

Devante Smith-Pelly for Jake Gardiner!

Bobby Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
We play to win cups. Perry gives us a better chance at a cup than a roster player and a 1st do. Unless were getting an impact forward back I wouldnt move him. And no, I dont consider Stastny to be an impact forward to the extent of what Id move him for.
Well you have a lot of other ducks fans thinking Stastny + 1st for Perry is a good deal. We solve our center issues as well as grab a first. Do you really want a NJ scenario? With possible chances?

Old
03-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Well you have a lot of other ducks fans thinking Stastny + 1st for Perry is a good deal. We solve our center issues as well as grab a first. Do you really want a NJ scenario? With possible chances?
If we make the Stanley Cup with Perry than Id rather have that than one extra year of overpayed Stastny, plus a pick yes. And its not even a second thought.

We can explore a rights trade and or a sign and trade option in the offseason.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smash View Post
Devante Smith-Pelly for Jake Gardiner!
Done and done

Old
03-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:

Under the new CBA everybody gets a chance to talk with pending ufas from June 25 until July 1. Not so sure those rights have any value any more.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Under the new CBA everybody gets a chance to talk with pending ufas from June 25 until July 1. Not so sure those rights have any value any more.
How about the ability to offer them the extra year if they are your property?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM
JackJ

Nothing. He'll walk on July 1st.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
How about the ability to offer them the extra year if they are your property?
Only if you own them before the trade deadline.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Church of Alfie

To those suggesting Horton+, why would the Ducks accept this when Horton is a free agent after this year as well. If they risk letting a player walk, it may as well be the better one.

Also, Corban you keep mentioning that even though the Ducks are certainly Cup contenders, they should trade him so that they don't lose him for nothing. By that logic, why would the Pens trade for him? Surely you can't say that the chance of the Ducks winning the Cup this year is not a least equal to Pittsburgh's, so it makes little sense that one contender would want to avoid losing him at all costs, while another would be willing to take that risk while also giving up some significant assets.

I really don't see him getting trade prior to the playoffs, so here is my offer on draft day for the Sens (for his rights).

2013 third
2014 third (becomes a second if he resigns).

Is it low? Absolutely, but it would give the Sens a chance to sign him before anyone else, while they literally risk giving up something for nothing. I know any team could make this offer, but I haven't seen it posted yet, so I thought that I would suggest it.

Church of Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote