HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Your team's best offer for Corey Perry

Old
03-02-2013, 02:47 AM
topshelf15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Can I have a scouting report on Perry? I know he is a great player, but I don't know what kind of player he is. What's his moves, his best strength, his downside.
50 goal power forward, former mvp,stanley cup champ.Good speed hands and shot plus a physical presence.Pretty much a complete winger very rare type of player

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
50 goal power forward, former mvp,stanley cup champ.Good speed hands and shot plus a physical presence.Pretty much a complete winger very rare type of player
Eh, he's a physical presence when he wants to be and/or gets angry. He's a magician behind the net and down low. His downside is undisciplined penalties and at times trying to do too much by himself when he isn't going right.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:08 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Eh, he's a physical presence when he wants to be and/or gets angry. He's a magician behind the net and down low. His downside is undisciplined penalties and at times trying to do too much by himself when he isn't going right.
Fair enough ,but all high end guys have those types of flaws really.They play such big roles for their clubs the pressure and the fatigue does get the better of them at times.I still think he is the most complete winger in the game though

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:10 AM
BigMacJokinen

Would either team do this?

Kennedy + Morrow + 1st 2013 + cond. 2nd 2013 (if Perry re-signs) for Perry

or

Bennett + Harrington + cond 1st (1st if Perry re-signs or Pit makes SCF, 2nd if not)

And this the value even close? I know that for team needs it's debatable since Pittsburgh can't add that much caphit without doing other moves (moving Martin or something), also Ducks might want more nhl proven assets to replace Perry - at least for this season as they are contending..

One thing is for sure, UFA or not, guys like Bennett or Morrow can't be untouchable in deal for Perry. Or if they are, good luck getting these caliber players then.

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Fair enough ,but all high end guys have those types of flaws really.They play such big roles for their clubs the pressure and the fatigue does get the better of them at times.I still think he is the most complete winger in the game though
Oh no doubt, I was simply replying to you and the previous poster. Perry is a fantastic and complete player. There literally is nothing he cannot productively do on the ice.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
no thanks. dont want that for an unsigned perry.
the little 5'7 winger and a really late first and leblanc (who i'm not too fond of as a prospect. mediocre prospect)
Would the Ducks have interest in Eller and one of Ellis/Holland/Thrower/Hudon. Very hesitate to include Kristo but might bite on it; obvious draft picks included.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:13 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
50 goal power forward
I can read stats, thank you very much. "Power Forward" is a good start for a scouting report.

Quote:
former mvp
Again, that tells me absolutely nothing about what kind of player he is. I already established he is a GOOD player; I wanna know what KIND of player he is.

Quote:
stanley cup champ

Quote:
Good speed hands and shot plus a physical presence.Pretty much a complete winger very rare type of player
There you go.

His speed - explosion or top speed?
How's his reaction time?
You say he has good hands, is it technically, in release speed or both?

His shot - more of a wrist-sniper, a talented tip-in or a good slapshot?

Physical presence - How clever is he in his forecheck? I assume he has a strong presence in front of the net, correct me if I am wrong. Some players can win physical battles near the board but might often momentarily lose the control of the puck (the exact opposite of Desharnais). Does Perry maintain control of the puck and can still dish it around while being challenged?

Also, how's his vision and pass precision? How's his backhand passes?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:15 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Okay. So I'll assume he's probably one of the greatest in term of maintaining puck possession during puck battle. The full package in board-scrums, and probably also in scrums around the net.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

To wings:

Perry

To ducks:

Retired dman
SUV covered in octopuses
A hat trick

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Descendent*

I think if he doesn't stay with Ducks he goes to Philly.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Descendent*

Simmonds and a 1st. Flyers like trading away their 1sts so it'd be no big deal to them.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:53 AM
mich25

2 Bruin scouts at the Anaheim/Minny game. They were also at the Avs-Anaheim game a few days ago and Anaheim scouts were just at the Boston-Ottawa game...

I don't understand though why the Ducks might not be able to sign Getzlaf and Perry? It looks like they have some UFAs, but I think they could make it work....How much do they expect Koivu to be looking for and Palmieri? And if Selanne retires you should be able to have more than enough money to sign most if not all of your UFA and that's assuming the Ducks sign Getzlaf and Perry to say 7m/ 7.5m each...Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like both Getzlaf and Perry can both be resigned along with most of the Ducks UFAs without having to make too many changes or worry to much about the Cap...

Last edited by mich25: 03-02-2013 at 07:46 AM.
mich25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:03 AM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

So is Horton gone if Boston pursues Perry?

w e l o s t b o y s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:28 AM
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
So is Horton gone if Boston pursues Perry?
As much as I love Horton, if you could get Perry then yes Horton would be the main piece going to Anaheim would be my guess. Horton is an UFA though... but I think Anaheim could easily work out a deal with Horton and resign him. He's currently making 4 mil, so I could see him getting 5.5 mil or Bobby Ryan money.

If Anaheim does decide to move Perry, Horton can step right in for Anaheim and makeup for the offense they would loose with Perry (obviously not all of it). Horton is a monster in the playoffs. Huge games and goals in Boston's Cup run. I think Anaheim would want someone to be able to step in and provide offense and fill that big hole especially if they are headed for the playoffs, which seems to be the case and with Horton you get that....

I just don't know if Boston pulls the trigger or Anaheim for that matter. The guys in the B's locker room love Horton and he was HUGE for us during the playoffs in our Cup run. It's a tough one to let go, but I think the B's need that elite forward to put them over the top. It always seems like when the B's get bit its because we didn't score that 1 goal or can't burry chances....and in the playoffs that sometimes what it all comes down to, that one big goal. Of course the B's would want to be sure we would be able to resign Perry though if we trade Horton and we would have to think about our cap situation. Also, the longer that nothing happens I think the worse the chances are for making a trade. B's would want to get Perry going with Krejci and Lucic soon to build that chemistry and I don't know if Anaheim is even ready to make a decision regarding Perry. Only downfall to Perry is that he grew up a Habs fan but maybe Boston can make sure he'll be in the rafters at the Garden and retire as a Bruin.

Last edited by mich25: 03-02-2013 at 06:45 AM.
mich25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
Anaheim should keep him for the cup run and trade his rights at the draft for a 2nd round pick or something, I'm sure some team is willing to pay.

And please stop with the "condition if Perry re-signs", if he's traded it will be a UFA Perry, you'll have to take a risk if you want to get Perry, it could be worth it though.
I think any possible trade scenario with him will have a conditional pick that is added to the trade "if he re-signs".

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:00 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Another fun thread of trade proposals ruined by a bunch of "HE WON'T BE TRADED", "YES HE WILL", "YOU KNOW NOTHING", "I KNOW EVERYTHING" posts.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
He scored more than 37 goals once. Is he a 50 goal forward? No. Did he do it once? Yes. Just because a guy does something once. Doesn't mean he's that type of player. See Johnathan Cheechoo. He's a 50 goal scorer too. Obviously, Perry is 10x the player. But, he's averaged 37 goals per game over the last 4 years. Not 50.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:34 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Kessel for Perry

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
no thanks. dont want that for an unsigned perry.
the little 5'7 winger and a really late first and leblanc (who i'm not too fond of as a prospect. mediocre prospect)
Beaulieu
Leblanc
Desharnais
Moen
2nd

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:07 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

with a signature on a 5-6 year, 7 mil a year deal agreed upon before trade

Nashville offers
a 30 gaol scorer, a potential top 4 dman, and a 1st

Patrick Hornquist
Jonathon Blum
1st

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Oxide

vCash: 50
Pittsburgh offers

Simon Despres
Brian Doumolin
Chris Kunitz
2013 Conditional 2nd Changes to a First if we make the Conference Finals

Oxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
IMO.....If traded, Perry's return is going to be a first rounder + a top prospect + a roster player

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:46 AM
dethomas07

Gaborik+St.Croix+3rd (columbus) for Perry+conditional pick

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yeah, I actually thought of that aspect right after I posted that.

Each playoff game is a boatload of money going to Ducks' management - especially if they make it deep.

Think about this: the more money management makes from Ducks' playoffs games, the more money they'll be able to offer to Perry.

A simple aspect of this whole topic that may be overlooked by many.
Ya that all completely makes sense.

But a question I have been thinking about is, how much money/revenue was lost due to the lockout? Would a 1 or 2 series run into the playoffs offset the loss of revenue due to the games missed from the lockout? Just a quick guess the games missed/revenue lost was more than they would be able to make via a long playoff run. So therefore there might not be the chest of money available.

Corban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Sutter16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
Would either team do this?

Kennedy + Morrow + 1st 2013 + cond. 2nd 2013 (if Perry re-signs) for Perry

or

Bennett + Harrington + cond 1st (1st if Perry re-signs or Pit makes SCF, 2nd if not)

And this the value even close? I know that for team needs it's debatable since Pittsburgh can't add that much caphit without doing other moves (moving Martin or something), also Ducks might want more nhl proven assets to replace Perry - at least for this season as they are contending..

One thing is for sure, UFA or not, guys like Bennett or Morrow can't be untouchable in deal for Perry. Or if they are, good luck getting these caliber players then.
As a Penguins fan, i think I might do the Morrow trade. You got to give up something to get something

Sutter16 is offline   Reply With Quote