HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team 1200 post game show today

Old
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
the doctor

vCash: 500
Team 1200 post game show today

What the hell was that? I couldn't figure out if they were just trying to portray shock radio or if they really are that simple. Dave Gross is that simple for sure but I usually like Simmer's takes for the most part.

This team is 2 points out of first but Simmer is talking about trading Alfie, Anderson, Phillips and Gonchar. No doubt that;'s what got the Leafs in trouble when he worked in their management.

The post game show is normally a ****-show with the idiotic callers, and I don't mind the odd provocative statement to keep it moving but this was different.

Is the idea to "get noticed" in the media these days with bizarre takes? I don't think ratings would drop with actual quality discussion...would they?

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:08 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
What the hell was that? I couldn't figure out if they were just trying to portray shock radio or if they really are that simple. Dave Gross is that simple for sure but I usually like Simmer's takes for the most part.

This team is 2 points out of first but Simmer is talking about trading Alfie, Anderson, Phillips and Gonchar. No doubt that;'s what got the Leafs in trouble when he worked in their management.

The post game show is normally a ****-show with the idiotic callers, and I don't mind the odd provocative statement to keep it moving but this was different.

Is the idea to "get noticed" in the media these days with bizarre takes? I don't think ratings would drop with actual quality discussion...would they?
Whats so crazy about it? We are rebuilding and we wont be making the playoffs unless Murray does something that most of you on here dont want.

CarknerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Whats so crazy about it? We are rebuilding and we wont be making the playoffs unless Murray does something that most of you on here dont want.
What should we do? There isn't a realistic piece we can trade for that will hypothetically take us deep in the playoffs with this roster right now.

This isn't NHL 13.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Twilight Sparkle

The irony in this thread...

Twilight Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:17 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
What should we do? There isn't a realistic piece we can trade for that will take us deep in the playoffs with this roster right now.
Bishop + for Brassard

We get Michalek back its a better chance and hope we are still in it until Spezz gets back..

If Murray doesnt want to make a move you trade Gonch and others going forward hoping for a higher pick..

Old
03-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Well, I don't listen to radio (and ain't in Ottawa) but I see where the stupidity we read in the GDTs/various threads comes from...

Medias feed the white sheep that just repeat without even thinking by themselves. It has always been like that

Quote:
Even with the loss today, the Sens have the 7th best Point Percentage in the NHL... at almost half the season

They are also 2nd in the entire NHL for goals against (behind the inhuman Hawks)

That's all despite being plagued with injuries. We're slowly going to be more healthy (well hopefully). If we are still in a playoff spot when we get Spezza back, we'll be in a good position. Being a playoffs 2 years in a row could be huge for a young rebuilding team

They could score more goals, maybe they just need to "get their heads out of their *****". Zack Smith being the first, he miss way too many glorious chances. Chances are there, just need more finish

However, I agree we should acquire 1 experienced forwardwho can produce points. Not at a heavy price though, more like a rental with a high salary/cap hit

I'd be ready to sacrifice a prospect like Hoffman and a late pick (5th or more)... but unless we can get a young forward that produces, not guys like Zibanejad, Prince, Stone, etc.

Finally, trades in the real life don't happen like it does on your PS3... it takes two to tango, not a random fan and a computer processor

Do you understand what I am saying?

Last edited by Xspyrit: 03-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Bishop + for Brassard

We get Michalek back its a better chance and hope we are still in it until Spezz gets back..

If Murray doesnt want to make a move you trade Gonch and others going forward hoping for a higher pick..
Columbus just traded a pretty big price for Bobrovsky. I doubt they're willing to give up Brassard for Bishop.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Columbus just traded a pretty big price for Bobrovsky. I doubt they're willing to give up Brassard for Bishop.
Howson made that deal not their newest GM

Old
03-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Howson made that dealnot their newest GM
Meaning what? The new GM still has to keep in mind the organization's assets.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Meaning what?
Meaning its not his guy. The new gm drafted bishop so there is a chance he would want to acquire him. Personally I think we should hold on to bishop until the off season, I think the Sens will get a better return

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:34 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

Well I think they are legitimate questions considering all the injuries this team has & most in the media probably think it's only a matter of time before this team folds with the lack of talent. This team is also in rebuilding mode & so trading veterans for good young talent or picks to build with is how it's suppose to be done. What was not expected is how well the guys from Bingo have been playing especially on defence.

1. To be fair, Simmer did say that he would like to see Alfie retire as an Ottawa Senator. However should Alfie want to play for a cup contender than he would bring a decent return. Nothing new here, a lot of people here have said the same.

2. Gonchar, why not trade him he is in his last yr & on his last legs it seems. I doubt they re-sign him at his age & with Wiercioch, Gryba, Boroweicki & maybe Ceci ready to play in Ottawa.

3. Phillips is a tough call because like Alfie some want him to retire a Senator. I didn't want Murray to re-sign him & I'm not sure that he would wave his no movement clause if he was asked but I would move him if I could.

4. Anderson ... this is a tough call because he has some value. However, I also think he would make a great mentor for Lehner if & when Lehner takes the #1 job from him at some point in the future, if that is something Anderson would consider at his age. Bishop is building some value & who I think they should trade because I don't see Bishop & Lehner who are both young wanting to play behind the other. I think there would be too much controversy between the two of them on who should start, will one be traded etc... Bishop may now think he can challenge Anderson for the #1 job or go somewhere where he can be the #1 guy. I still think Bishop is the guy traded.

5. I would also like to see Murray try & move Latendresse, Daugavins, Lundin, Benoit, Regin & maybe Condra at the deadline.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
the doctor

You have these discussions after the season is over or if the team is 10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline, not when they are 2 points out of the top of the conference.

I guess it's just me, I love watching all these young guys getting experience and grinding out wins, fantastic. I guess it's more fun to call them all out as talentless hacks that don't have a hope.

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:16 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
You have these discussions after the season is over or if the team is 10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline, not when they are 2 points out of the top of the conference.

I guess it's just me, I love watching all these young guys getting experience and grinding out wins, fantastic. I guess it's more fun to call them all out as talentless hacks that don't have a hope.
Nobody is saying that about the young ones...Its Gonch,Phillips and the older ones we are talking about..

Old
03-02-2013, 05:20 PM
pepty

vCash: 445
Gross is so supercilious.

On the pre game show when Brennan mentioned how well Emery is doing Gross said something about "Oh I thought once players leave Ottawa they're terrible'-a dig at Sens fans thats way wide of the mark since Sens fans are usually very attached to their former players-see Hossa. Havlat, Fisher, etc-and want to see them do well.

I don't know why Simpson won't shut up about Alfie leaving, sometimes I think his mouth just runs away with him before his brain can engage.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Legend Killer

Simmer said the only reason they talk about the Alfie issue is because reporters continue to talk about it. Alfie talks about. Bruins players talk about it.

But the post game show cant? Why not?

He also said with Gonchar being a UFA he could be dealt depending on situation. He's also brought up having him back if he took a smaller salary.

The goaltending issue is tricky. He has a point when he said Anderson's value will never be higher. If we get an offer that blows us away, should we not consider it?

They talk about the things that fans call them to talk about. People overreacting.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
pepty

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Simmer said the only reason they talk about the Alfie issue is because reporters continue to talk about it. Alfie talks about. Bruins players talk about it.

But the post game show cant? Why not?

He also said with Gonchar being a UFA he could be dealt depending on situation. He's also brought up having him back if he took a smaller salary.

The goaltending issue is tricky. He has a point when he said Anderson's value will never be higher. If we get an offer that blows us away, should we not consider it?

They talk about the things that fans call them to talk about. People overreacting.
The reason people called in about it is because he kept talking abut it -it had nothing to do with today's game

In Boston some reporters thought Alfie night be interested in going to the Bruins if the Sens were out of the playoffs , but the whole thing today was Simpson gong off on a tangent.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
The reason people called in about it is because he kept talking abut it -it had nothing to do with today's game

In Boston some reporters thought Alfie night be interested in going to the Bruins if the Sens were out of the playoffs , but the whole thing today was Simpson gong off on a tangent.
Yes. He also clearly stated that he shocked that the Sens, Murray, Melnyk, Alfie etc hadnt squashed the rumours. I didnt listen to the entire PGS but the part I heard he repeated many times that he hoped Alfie stayed in Ottawa etc.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We're doomed.

vCash: 0
Quote:

All you need to know about Simpletson is that he couldn't even keep a job with laughable franchises like the Wild, Maple Leafs or Capitals. He just likes to hear himself talk and when it gets too quiet he switches to talk about sex toys or his water-fetching careers.

Gross is mildly palatable but still quite horrid.

Do yourself a favour and stop listening to Team 1200 post-games or pre-games unless someone like Bob McKenzie, Murray Wilson, Steve Lloyd etc. are on. Those two are just showkillers...no offense to Melon's son.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
OT but Shawn Simpson is the WORST tweeter I've ever seen. Hard to figure out wtf he's trying to get at half the time.

SensUnderground put it best, he tweets like Capt. Kirk talks.

Rhino Reilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Alfie raised his trade value today so lets do it now. His value will never be higher (reserved for emoticon). Cherry just complimented him saying "this is how a captain should act!" ( a not so subtle knock on Phaneuf for turning down a fight recently).

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:26 PM
topshelfie

Quote:
Bishop + for Brassard

lmao

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Droc
Classless

I dont think anyone should be surprised. Between the Team1200 and the Ottawa Sun, we have pure **** sports coverage.

The Ottawa sun writers are morons. I was never an Emery fan, but they turned an on ice argument and a fender bender into weeks of negative front page coverage.

And the team1200....Is there anything as bad as TGOR?

Droc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:19 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Gross is so supercilious.

On the pre game show when Brennan mentioned how well Emery is doing Gross said something about "Oh I thought once players leave Ottawa they're terrible'-a dig at Sens fans thats way wide of the mark since Sens fans are usually very attached to their former players-see Hossa. Havlat, Fisher, etc-and want to see them do well.

I don't know why Simpson won't shut up about Alfie leaving, sometimes I think his mouth just runs away with him before his brain can engage.
Thats a dig at Brennan, who is notorious for trashing players the second they leave.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:03 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

I wouldn't move Andy unless something absolutely insane is the return (ie 1st overall pick or a guy like Stamkos or Tavares), but a situation where that's possible is really hard to imagine.

Keep Gonchar til the deadline, then shop him to see if it'd be worth our while to move him. It isn't a huge loss if we keep him (we'd be missing out on maybe a late 1st, more likely a 2nd).

Don't move Alfie unless he wants to be moved.

Don't move Phillips unless we're bringing in another vet/established player to replace him. I'm not sold on the young guys filling in yet, and Lundin doesn't look like a viable option going forward.

I don't see much reason to move Bishop if we can get him as an RFA for next season. Not sure he'd command a lot of value.