HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 12:14 PM
JL17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Or if you play for any team not named the London Knights right OHLFan8771, Sec108, massey?
Now it's getting out of control .... facts being used, common sense and using names...

Old
03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Nice and tidy sweep.
True enough. The only blemish, Welychkas injury. Hopefully its a day to day and week to week thing.

London got to Paterson oft in this series.
Stolarz was solid, as was the team D, althou against a team without a lot of offensiveness. His numbers are fantastic. If he continues to equal or better the opponents G, were in great shape. 2 or less should always be the goal. Bailie who?

The 4th line got some confidence in game 3 and carried the load in both games 3 and 4. I wont expect the same output next series but nice to know they are playing with confidence, cycling well and eating minutes. Familiar?

Grif seemed a bit better as the series went on, Broadhurst was very good and the D with all the mixing and matching did their job with the help of the Fs.

Good solid start.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
SimonKnightsman

At every pre game warmup I would be hoping Elie gets more ice and time now he goes and starts dropping points. He really intrigues me into thinking this kid could turn out pretty darn good. He has mad hustle and nose for the puck and seems to have higher hockey IQ than what they ever expected from him. Just being a fresh kid also helps here since this is ideal training for future experience that any player will ever get.

All the bumps and bruises should be gone with the wind in next 7 days rest....sit back and watch the other teams battle.......go Guelph and make that a series.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I think Elie is going to be a great guy in future london teams once we lose some players. I also think he could be as high as a 2nd line forward in the NHL, but more likely he'll be a great 3rd/4th line guy who you can rely on to do just about anything.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
sportnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
I think Elie is going to be a great guy in future london teams once we lose some players. I also think he could be as high as a 2nd line forward in the NHL, but more likely he'll be a great 3rd/4th line guy who you can rely on to do just about anything.
I have said all along from seeing him play a lot in Midget, that you would more than enjoy this kid play! He is a ''gamer'' and the bigger the game, the bigger he becomes... and don't forget, he doesn't get nearly the ice time that the others get. Last playoff game, he scored 2 with a hand full of shifts in the entire game! I hope things open up for him next season in London.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:32 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
I have said all along from seeing him play a lot in Midget, that you would more than enjoy this kid play! He is a ''gamer'' and the bigger the game, the bigger he becomes... and don't forget, he doesn't get nearly the ice time that the others get. Last playoff game, he scored 2 with a hand full of shifts in the entire game! I hope things open up for him next season in London.
Oh, I definitely think Elie will play a major role next season with the Knights. I didn't see him in Midget, but I think I was the first Knights fan to comment on his play on another message board after watching him in his first mini-camp with London.
The puck seemed to follow him wherever he went. At that time, my only concern was his skating, and that has improved considerably in a year's time. He also has the hardest slapshot on the team. (Zadorov the hardest wrist shot).

Old
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Oh, I definitely think Elie will play a major role next season with the Knights. I didn't see him in Midget, but I think I was the first Knights fan to comment on his play on another message board after watching him in his first mini-camp with London.
The puck seemed to follow him wherever he went. At that time, my only concern was his skating, and that has improved considerably in a year's time. He also has the hardest slapshot on the team. (Zadorov the hardest wrist shot).
Easy there cowboy.... there were 3 of us sitting beside each other that all pretty much said it at the same time

I hope he gets to play a bigger role next year but with every forward returning his role may very well be the same with maybe a few more minutes.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
He definitely worked on the main flaw I saw(skating). He's getting rewarded with ice time. He's a good one..glad he's contributing.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:23 PM
sbrug

London and Kitchener meet for round 2. Comments or predictions?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:42 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
I think it is going to be a great series. Honestly all four teams left in the west are championship caliber in London, Kitchener, Owen Sound, and Plymouth. Should all be great games to watch. I think London is the better team but Kitchener has the better goalie in Gibson. This is a tough one but I say London in 6.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:30 AM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Easy there cowboy.... there were 3 of us sitting beside each other that all pretty much said it at the same time

I hope he gets to play a bigger role next year but with every forward returning his role may very well be the same with maybe a few more minutes.
you were the first to receive my wisdom, grasshopper! And then I taught you the sound of one hand clapping!

Old
04-01-2013, 09:11 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Not gonna lie..I was pulling for a Soo/Knights match-up for pure entertainment value. I'm not looking forward to another series against the Rags. I know most people wanted this series...I'm not one of them. That reason alone may just make me heckle more than ever.

My honest opinion? nudge nudge

Rags in 5.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:46 AM
aresknights

tradition PP. Beat I can guess your prediction for game 1 score

Ktown isnt coming off a 7 game upset over Ply this year and will be in better shape for this years PO battle.

What difference will it make? Not sure. Well see.

Id like to see London get in hard on the Ranger D, forechecking aggressively early, trying to get to Gibson. They had some success against K doing this at times.
Theyll try and work their cycle game as well, Im sure.

Hopefully Harrington isnt to far from getting back into the fold. No excuses if he isnt. Just be nice to have him in his shutdown role for this series.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
tradition PP.
Like turkey for Easter?...pffft...I had ham

I'm just not feeling it.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:54 PM
KnightSpit

London vs. Kitchener

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I think it is going to be a great series. Honestly all four teams left in the west are championship caliber in London, Kitchener, Owen Sound, and Plymouth. Should all be great games to watch. I think London is the better team but Kitchener has the better goalie in Gibson. This is a tough one but I say London in 6.
OHL Fan a great match up of two first rate, well run first class organizations, who really develop and scout their players.

London in 5, hopefully some how your Otters will make it to at least one round of the playoffs next year and how time flys, by then McDavid will be 17 already.

Go KNIGHTS all the way to the Memorial Cup Championship

Old
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I'll take London in 6. IMO London has owned Kitchener all season long, but with Gibson there, you never know when he might turn on a light and stone the Knights. I think the Knights will get to him a lot though, just like with Paterson.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:41 PM
sbrug

Don't want to hijack the draft thread but what are the Knights doing with their 2 picks in the top 25?

You'd think they'd pick up a D or 2

Maybe Sean Day falls to London

Old
04-05-2013, 04:02 PM
aresknights

Harrington should be in the lineup tonight after a month plus off.

Finally back to some live action at the Bud as Ktown rolls into town.

Both Western conf matchups have potential to be very good.

Old
04-05-2013, 06:42 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Don't want to hijack the draft thread but what are the Knights doing with their 2 picks in the top 25?

You'd think they'd pick up a D or 2

Maybe Sean Day falls to London

Ill guess one F one D.
Ill go out on a limbMark and Lindsay and staff go talent vs size

Old
04-06-2013, 08:30 AM
JL17

I know Kitchener was a soft team physically but everything they did last night was soft. Passing the puck, shooting it. Everything is done from the outside. If that continues Stolarz will have it easy.

Aside from our first and fourth lines the other 2 didn't produce anything and were stuck in their own end most of the night. That fourth line set the tone. If they didn't have those good early shifts no sure London would have had the same result. Not sure what the reason is for keeping the Ruperts apart... wanting to give Kitchener some hope???

Sefton with 1 shift in the last 35 minutes. And the his shifts in the first half he got beat everytime to the outside at least once a shift. Welychka in Ferry back Sefton out.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:21 AM
aresknights

Great first period last night. The 4th lines first 2 shifts did set a good tone. Amazing what some confidence and given a specific role can do. They have been great the last 3 games.
Stolarz gaining more and more confidence althou he didnt he have to steal one last night, it was a one shot game for a long while and he did what he had to. I really like his compete level. Gives up that first shot goal and then locks the door.
I expect Ktown to push back, the Knights just have to play their game. Take Sundays game and the Knights are in great shape.
I noticed Sefton didnt get much ice late as well. I like some of the intangibles he brings but he is getting beat outside to often. Im still not too worried, as they can hide him a bit.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:30 AM
sbrug

Have to give a lot of credit to Tyler Ferry. Arguably he was our best forward last night when it came to playing 200 feet of the ice. Leroux also made that first goal happen. Is he makig a case for an OA candidate next year? Good to see the role players stepping up in the playoffs.

I agree guys, Sefton out when Welychka is back. Doubt it happens but he is really the only liabilty so far. One of the worst trades Hunter has made in his 12 seasons here.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Snippit

So no Vande Sompel or Szypula for London. Any chance we go for a high-profile American?

We're up next. Hoping for a defenseman that can make an impact right away next year.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:05 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
So no Vande Sompel or Szypula for London. Any chance we go for a high-profile American?

We're up next. Hoping for a defenseman that can make an impact right away next year.
Maybe forward Marner?

Old
04-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Snippit

Quote:
Maybe forward Marner?
Guess so

Closed Thread