HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
And there is a good chance he lands here next season also.

For all those folks going on about Marner then ask our head scout. He has followed him since the kid was 9 and made it known to Mark he wants this kid. 130 now yes....but hear his older brother is already big....late bloomer .

I really hope they can land Marner here.... Sounds like a fun player to watch.
Don't know why you'd say that you hope they land him; if they took him 19th overall, I would assume he is a lock to be in London.

Using a high 2nd on Werenski tells me that he will be here eventually.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:52 PM
aresknights

Mitchell Marner highlights.

Thanks PP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvUVmqvAag

Old
04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Mitchell Marner highlights.

Thanks PP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvUVmqvAag
oh hi Dome 2.0

Old
04-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Hardoil, I agree and just to not get it. I don't care if a player if Phil Kessel in waiting, if they do not go into the corners, and both take and give a hit, who needs them, cause even if they get 40 goals during the regular season, they will dissappear in the playoffs, when it gets down and dirty and the body takes a physical pounding every night. The exception is a guy like Kane or Kadri. Gotta love Kadri, he even trys to take a run at Chara and bounces off him like a rag doll. If Marner turns out to be a Kadri, then no problem, if not then a waste of a pick, cause at that size he might just be a blood stain on the boards.
Is this a joke? Ever heard of growth spurts? Puberty? Teenage years? You speak as if he is 5'7 130 for life. He will grow and add strength and weight. Even if he stays 5'7 doesnt mean he cant play (see Kane, Conacher NHL).
NO PLAYER will be on the Knights next yr that they take this year. Too many returnees and there will be more moves, more acquisitions. Why do you think some of these top picks by Hunter are projects for two years from now?

Old
04-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Game 1 vs the Rags was great. We didnt even need to flood our end of the rink after the first. Leroux was a beast...times he came out of a battle in the corner with the puck and didnt know what to do with it (cant blame him, he doesnt handle the puck much in games). That fourth line is playing great. Stolarz, solid, end of story.
The draft: Hofford said we got three guys they rated in the first round (i think they know a thing or two about evaluating players). I like it!

Old
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
jfb392

I have to say, I called the Marner pick in December in the PS thread.
I knew a team that could afford to wait on him for a bit would swing for the fences based on his upside.

I wouldn't expect him to play next year, other than during the Christmas tournaments.
He needs to progress in Junior A with St. Mike's, where he's looked very good in limited action this year.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:43 PM
hockeylegend11

Appears Knights did very well in the draft today,7 forwards,7 D,1 GoaLie I believe,would have been interesting I think had they drafted Henley and Lizotte,imagine the D in 2 years
with Zadorov,Liberati,Centorame,DeLorenzo,Henley,Lizott e and probably Mermis as an O/A,toss in Weiss and Defarais,but I get getting Marner and Werenski,who is a real stud
with alot of forwards gone by 2014,I can see Horvat and Domi leaving early,great pick on
Tkazchuk or however u spell it lol doing by memory,solid selection on Windsor native
Connor Rosaanen,I have known the family for 45 years,athletic kid could be a sleeper pick
Looks like they drafted a Teichmann clone,only 140 lbs,feed that boy,great skill I hear

Old
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Is this a joke? Ever heard of growth spurts? Puberty? Teenage years? You speak as if he is 5'7 130 for life. He will grow and add strength and weight. Even if he stays 5'7 doesnt mean he cant play (see Kane, Conacher NHL).
NO PLAYER will be on the Knights next yr that they take this year. Too many returnees and there will be more moves, more acquisitions. Why do you think some of these top picks by Hunter are projects for two years from now?
Good post and I agree Mark did a good job of looking forward. Not many spots avail next year.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:20 AM
PP31
PhlyerPhanatic31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensfan9 View Post
Marner doesn't go near a corner and he isn't that fast of a skater for such an undersized kid.
The video link posted in this thread dispels every word you've written here.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:13 AM
GangGreen

Marner - As mentioned, might be best served playing a year in Tr 2, then coming in year after next and playing a big role after graduation hits hard.
Werenski - Uncommitted to US university, so probably the best chance to report after 2 years. Wonder if a solid playoff run and a chance to be in the top 6 on a possible Memorial Cup contender next year might be enough to sway him. Sounds like one of the most OHL ready players in the draft. Sounds like John Carlson 2.0
Kreis, Defarias - Same thing as Marner, probably limited chance at playing with Knights next year, should compete with DiLorenzo and Centorame after that.
Tkachuk, Evers - Seem like longshots at this point, but if possible 1st round NHL picks in a few years, I wouldn't think they would go to University for 1 or 2 years. Could step right into a lineup with the young talent the Knights are grooming now. (Platzer, Elie etc.)
Carlson Winder if Dale's Washington ties might convince this kid to come north in a year or 2 when Stolarz and Patterson are gone. May be tied to the health of Herbst?
Jordan - Love the possible upside of this kid. Size and skill by the sounds of it. Sounds like a good fit for the Nats for a year or 2, or Hoffords hockey school in Vaughn.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when the Knights passed on Henley, but getting Werenski would more than make up for it. Maybe would have preferred Riley Bruce instead of Kreis, but Mark knows a lot better than I do. And I would have loved to have seen Luke Kirwin in a Knights uni, but now hope he never suits up for Guelph!
Love this draft for the Knights. Knew they had limited space for next year, so took the most talented players available who they might have to wait on.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:20 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

is griffith expected back next year?

Old
04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Wow, Stolarz with a highlight reel cross-crease glove save during a Kitchener PP in a 0-0 game. Amazing.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Snippit

Knights win the game 2-0, and lead the series 2-0.

Stolarz was sensational. Knights didn't really control until the final 10-15 minutes. First period was pretty lackluster. Second was a bit better, but I don't think we really started playing till the 3rd.

Knights need 1/2 at the Aud, and the series should be theirs. Great job boys.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMushroom View Post
Wow, Stolarz with a highlight reel cross-crease glove save during a Kitchener PP in a 0-0 game. Amazing.
Were you watching on Rogers? Couldnt tell live at game but gotta text saying it was over the line.
Regardless teh kid is good and I love his compete level.

Nice job, after being shut down by Kitchener for a good majority of the game. They did what they had to and still came up a bit short. Hopefully we see the same Knights response after a close game 2 vs Saginaw.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I think he'll probably end up playing in the AHL or in Boston, as an overager I don't really expect him to come back but I guess you never know.

One hell of a game by Elie, Stolarz and Horvat. Horvat really might be the best PK forward in the entire League, wins faceoffs, blocks shots, goes in the corner and plays physical, and has great hustle and drive, shown by that great insurance goal.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Yes. Far too many things to work on in his game. When the kid realizes there's more to do when the puck isn't around then he'll play in the AHL. Saying he'll play in Boston next year is pretty funny and far fetched.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:32 PM
JL17

Kitchener would be scarier on the PP if the team actually moved and had 11 other forwards named Bailey. They keep that up and London can continue to be careless and take dumb penalties.

Stolarz was the reason for the London victory. Plain and simple. Very calm and composed back there. Not sure what was up with the breakdancing during that scramble thou...

Nice to see the guys congratulate Leroux after that penalty he drew in the in the second. It'll be tough to take him out of the lineup with play like that. Plus he had another quality chance in tight.

I'd like both teams to stop the embellishing... it's not basketball.

Until Kitchener starts to skate London takes this one in 4.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Agree with JL... Griff will be back next yr. ya he can score, but he needs polishing on the other aspects of the game..Boston is too deep anyways.
Stolarz was great. Awesome save, although wouldnt be surprised if it was over the line. A bit more surprised they didnt go upstairs but then again these refs missed a few things today.
Leroux is my MVP so far, he has stepped up from his game so much its awesome. He wont be our best player game out but its fun watching him try. Making a solid difference on that line.
I thought KIT played a solid smart game, that had to be deflating.
Bo Horvat will be a superstar in the NHL. He gets double shifted on a penalty kill, blocks shots, and after the two minutes has enough gas in the tank to break free for a clear chance and buries it. Wow.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
I think he'll probably end up playing in the AHL or in Boston, as an overager I don't really expect him to come back but I guess you never know.

One hell of a game by Elie, Stolarz and Horvat. Horvat really might be the best PK forward in the entire League, wins faceoffs, blocks shots, goes in the corner and plays physical, and has great hustle and drive, shown by that great insurance goal.
Griff in semi pro next year ? Don't quite think so just yet. He is not continuing to play at a quick enough pace right now and often tries to slow it down to his pace. That will not get you into semi pro and he is gonna need another year in Junior to dominate.

I would be more worried about Bo or Max going away before Seth at this point.

Not enough credit going out to London's defence and it was solid as heck today....Murphy got to the net once.....against Guelph he strolled around like a shopper.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Were you watching on Rogers? Couldnt tell live at game but gotta text saying it was over the line.
Regardless teh kid is good and I love his compete level.

Nice job, after being shut down by Kitchener for a good majority of the game. They did what they had to and still came up a bit short. Hopefully we see the same Knights response after a close game 2 vs Saginaw.
Glove looked like it could have been in the net, but the call on the ice was no goal and there wasn't any conclusive evidence that the puck crossed the line. Just getting himself over there to put himself in the position to make the save was amazing. A huge stop at a critical point in the game, for sure.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
sbrug

If it was in the net, Knights still scored 2 goals so it doesn't matter. Not to mention that alleged goal was scored on a PP which occurred off of a very weak hooking call on Rupert yet on both Knights' goals there are Rangers' sticks on Domi and Horvat parallel to the ice and in Horvat's case also hacked on the hands without calls. I don't understand but it's just the way calls go sometimes.

This might sound weird but London absolutely needs to win tomorrow. Zadorov's hurt, Welychka's hurt, Broadhurst fell hard into the boards today, Anderson took a clapper off the foot. Also, Griffith is still playing terrible - he's done nothing since he came back and has been a liability half the time. Not his fault, just reality.

But overall the team has been good defensively and Stolarz has been awesome.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:50 PM
LKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Here is a more up to date video. Cheers,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2MVDzie7-g

Old
04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
dino200022

Lets not forget mr ferry making that huge save when stolarz was behind the net. That goes in could of been a different game, kid might not have all the skills but earns his icetime..ala leroux as well. Dale threw the 4th line against the rieder line at one point, that is onfidence right there.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
If you are going to post my quote, don't shorten my quote. I said he was a good project and because the knights are deep they can draft this kid.

Also unless you have seen him play, your quote has no say. Tell me this; who has a video that shows the bad in their game?? I think he is a great project, i have never said he wasn't. The draft was very weak for top end forwards so to take a gamble hopefully pays off.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:50 PM
LKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensfan9 View Post
Marner doesn't go near a corner and he isn't that fast of a skater for such an undersized kid. He use to play a year up during his younger years but size and strength sent him back to the 97 age group. I wouldn't expect much from him next year. He is probably better suited to play a year of tier 2 tbh. The knight are so deep, they can take a flyer on him and the US kids.
Which game did you see that he didn't go in a corner? Just interested to hear your response, or where his speed wasn't a factor? Just tell me one or two games you witnessed this? You must remember if he was that scared that you would make a comment like that. I also believe he has played about 12 gammes at Tier 2 this year, probably more than any other Ontario 97 born player. You think St Mikes would AP someone at this size who is afraid?

Closed Thread