HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 10:19 PM
districtofcosbys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Yes.
Thanks. Good to know, final's tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:56 PM
aresknights

Domi with a huge game.

Beat a solid squad in 5. Every game, edge of ur seat.

Ply just never could get a lead and hold it thru the series. The knights blew leads all series but rarely gave up the go ahead goal.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:43 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

The story of this series is simple. London's best players were better than Plymouth's best players.

Plymouth put up a valiant effort and battled till the end..but when you have have 2 or 3 guys going out of close to 10 that can be game changers...you're not gonna win many games.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:40 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
The story of this series is simple. London's best players were better than Plymouth's best players.

Plymouth put up a valiant effort and battled till the end..but when you have have 2 or 3 guys going out of close to 10 that can be game changers...you're not gonna win many games.
Good point. Also, I don't think London was "sitting back" as some say. Plymouth finally got some bounces in the third and really upped the tempo. There is one thing that London does that I hate and that is icing the puck too much. There were several chances to carry the puck up the ice or pass to the forwards if the d-man had taken a look.

Not surprised the series went 5 games. Essentially, every game was by 1 goal if you exclude the empty netters. Could have gone Plymouth's way if players were more disciplined and stepped up.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:24 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

delete

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 04-27-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Gotta admit I'm kinda shocked not one person has come in and offered congrats. So much for mutual respect on these boards. Just an observation but I guess our trolls have ruined it for everyone.
Sorry about that, but it's early on the weekend. Give us some time to get up and around.

Congrats to London and their fans. While all the games were close, the Knights showed they were the better team by winning in five games. Good luck in the next round, although I doubt you'll need it. This is going to be a very tough team to beat.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
Sorry about that, but it's early on the weekend. Give us some time to get up and around.
Ya I guess...I was just going by the action on the other threads last night and through the night. There was time for quick pop in for a congrats in my opinion(wasn't directed at just Whalers fans). Just struck me as odd. All's good.

Hey you got some great kids on that team. Cody Payne and Tommy Wilson have a great sense of humour. Had fun hamming it up with them last Knight(intended) during warmups.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Gotta admit I'm kinda shocked not one person has come in and offered congrats. So much for mutual respect on these boards. Just an observation but I guess our trolls have ruined it for everyone.
Dude really...I worked last night, so I watched the game in the archived section on OHL Livestream, game ended for me at like 1 a.m....came on here to say congrats and good luck in the Memorial Cup. Would love to see the Knights D against Mackinnon, Drouin, and Frk. Had a helluva team this year, Max Domi is great, love watching Hughes and Harrington on the back end as well. The most credit I think goes to Stolarz, he played outstanding.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:09 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Dude really...I worked last night, so I watched the game in the archived section on OHL Livestream, game ended for me at like 1 a.m.
I removed the comment...guess I was a bit hasty...all's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
The most credit I think goes to Stolarz, he played outstanding.
It's good to see Tony the Tiger get some deserved recognition...but in reality..if London doesn't win..Stolarz will be the 1st player fans from other teams will attack as the reason for the Loss. Which isn't fair at all. He's a gem.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
aresknights

Hard fought, back n forth action. Fans were treated to 5 entertaining games.

Dale and co. had a game plan, they stuck to it, trusted it and came out on top. Physically, they matched Ply and that IMO was huge as it was suppose to be Ply advantage. They really didnt allow Trochek to get going. They played tied or ahead almost all series. They were real strong covering the D zone (esp in light of all the lost FOs) Every time Ply pushed and tied or took a short lived lead, they responded with a goal.

Plymouth had a never quit atttitude. A couple 4 goal 3 periods shows that. They proved they could score and score in bunches, just had a few more breakdowns on the D side than London had

A lot of talk bout neither team playing 60 min, sitting back, or whatever. 2 good hockey teams battling is all it was. Your not going to control play, impose your will on anohter squad close in talent and playing so hard for 60 min.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
aresknights

Thanks to the Whaler/ Knights posters. Good discussion and some respect back n forth.
As hockey fans we were treated to a great, entertaining series. You only get those so often.
Reminds me 09 when we lost to the Spits. Great close games all the way thru.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:22 AM
SimonKnightsman

Vellucci won't sleep well for a while until he clears this series from his head. At times he had control of a runaway machine that just hummed along imposing its will on teams. Then some things got exposed by London that he probably wishes he addressed at deadline. Had that Whaler team had one more big studd shutdown guy we'd have a 7 gamer. Hindsight is 20/20 but that team with a Corado or Ceci maybe peaks even higher.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:29 PM
KnightSpit

Knights UnStoppable !!! and NHL Central Scouting List

The Knights look great. Solid top to bottom another Conference Championship under the organizations belt, on the way to another Memorial Cup. THe NHL Central Scouting List, is once again full of London Players, who most of them will make it to the show.

Can you say envy, is there truly any other team in the History of the OHL that constantly produces like the Knights do ? No wonder every parent of every kid in Triple AAA hockey, dreams of their kid being drafted by such a first class organization that sets the standard.

Anyone have any idea as to how much scalper tickets might go for the Memorial Cup ?

Old
04-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Snippit

Guys, don't underestimate the Bulls or the Colts. A lot of people are looking past them, already. Those are 2 good hockey teams that can burn you if you make mistakes. Who is to say London won't put up 4 stinkers and get swept? I like our chances, but there's no guarantees. Don't look past them.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:26 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Guys, don't underestimate the Bulls or the Colts. A lot of people are looking past them, already. Those are 2 good hockey teams that can burn you if you make mistakes. Who is to say London won't put up 4 stinkers and get swept? I like our chances, but there's no guarantees. Don't look past them.
Exactly,

Ask the favoured Ice Dogs how those upstart London guys are doing. Everyone picked mighty Niagara last final and they took London way too light. I doubt the Hunter boys allow this and let's this team begin believing their own press clips.....dangerous.

If it's Barrie we have a real rival series......they did lose Hall again so that may equal London's banged up bunch.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:28 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
London looks like they do anything they want. I think Plymouth woke them up a bit. The 24 game winning streak earlier in the year, showed what London are capable of. I cant see London losing the OHL championship.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Snippit

Tinordi has looked great tonight.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
He definitely has, watching it right now.

I think personally Halifax and Portland are a tad bit overrated...

(and don't get me wrong they have lots of elite talent)

I do think London has more of a chance against them than some seem to think. Wouldn't count out Saskatoon either since everyone seems to discount them. If our players can get healthy and back to the shape they were in during the season, it will be an entertaining mem cup for all.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:19 AM
SimonKnightsman

I think personally Halifax and Portland are a tad bit overrated...

Don't.....because the reality is they are not. Portland will have to go through one Alberta team first and that's likely to be Oil Kings. ( rematch )

Old
04-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Yes, he did. It's great timing, too, as the Habs need someone to replace Emelin's physical presence on the blue line for the playoffs. His emergence and Diaz's return from injury should really help Montreal's defensive group.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
London looks like they do anything they want. I think Plymouth woke them up a bit. The 24 game winning streak earlier in the year, showed what London are capable of. I cant see London losing the OHL championship.
Same thing could have been said in 2006. London won 2 games in OT vs Sault Ste Marie, were down two games to 1 vs Owen Sound, got blown out 7-1 in game 2 vs Gulph, then won 3 one goal games including 2 in OT. They faced far more adversity then and the same things were being said, "the west is stronger , London should walk all over the Pete's" and in the end Peterborough swept London.

No I get that they are two completely different teams, but the point is, don't count your chickens before they have hatched

Old
04-28-2013, 09:37 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Am I the only one that's worried about the fact that all the fans saying London should win the OHL against either Belleville or Barrie are the same fans that said Plymouth would run roughshod over London?

Old
04-28-2013, 10:58 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Am I the only one that's worried about the fact that all the fans saying London should win the OHL against either Belleville or Barrie are the same fans that said Plymouth would run roughshod over London?
Naw, those fans are just admitting they're either bitter or have limited knowledge of the league.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Snippit

I prefer it when they predicted us to lose

Old
04-28-2013, 12:22 PM
aresknights

Well, I guess we wait til Monday night to see who we get.

Most London fans are cautiously optimistic, most other fans have us rolling to consecutive league wins. Ya never know, but I like this London team and their make up.
HL/ Razor any predictions?

Closed Thread