HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Rubbers29

vCash: 500
I went to the armory the other day to grab a jersey for a friend and they suggested against the cream one as "it's being phased out" (not a big deal as I wasn't looking for the cream one anyway) but obviously if they're phasing that jersey out they're replacing it for next year, anyone heard what they're going to? I'm guessing a cream and hunter green opposite the green one they have pretty much adopted as their dark jersey now with the black jersey as a third? Anyone with any info on this?

Old
04-29-2013, 04:25 AM
BrianA

Both Colts and Bulls are veteran teams with outstanding goalies.Both teams had a win and OT loss to London.
I expect 7 games with no sure thing for the Knights.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:05 AM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Both Colts and Bulls are veteran teams with outstanding goalies.Both teams had a win and OT loss to London.
I agree the OHL final will be a battle.
I thought London won both games against Barrie this season??

Old
04-29-2013, 06:56 AM
PP31
PhlyerPhanatic31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Barrie lost both games to London..albeit they were very close games 3-2 in a shootout in Barrie..and 5-3 at the Bud. Both games were before December..each team looks very different from the last time they met.

London beat Belleville at home 4-3..and lost to Belleville at the Yardmen 3-1..the game at the Bud was an OT game. The loss in Belleville was during the Knights streak where they were struggling.

Google is your friend.

Last edited by PP31: 04-29-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old
04-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Knights in four. Don't care who the opponent is.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
PP31
PhlyerPhanatic31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Knights in four. Don't care who the opponent is.
I'd like for you to be right..but I see it going longer than 4(6 or the full 7 wouldn't shock me at all). Those are 2 good teams over there. But...like I said..I hope your prediction is spot on.

A little injury update

Anderson has a strained ACL
Rupert's break is just below the ankle..was a clean break..and he's been skating on it.

Last edited by PP31: 04-29-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
PP31
PhlyerPhanatic31

Thought I'd throw this link up here just in case some Knights fans don't check the other threads on this board

http://ohlgoldcup.com/team_information.html

This is the premier U16 tournament of the year with all the top draft picks competing in an "All Star" team format tournament.

London has 5 prospects skating in the tournament

Old
04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Aela*

vCash:
IMO this should be an even better series than against Plymouth.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Thought I'd throw this link up here just in case some Knights fans don't check the other threads on this board

http://ohlgoldcup.com/team_information.html

This is the premier U16 tournament of the year with all the top draft picks competing in an "All Star" team format tournament.

London has 5 prospects skating in the tournament
Thank you, this is good stuff!

Old
04-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
IMO this should be an even better series than against Plymouth.
I just dont see it. Thats ok, we disagree...Scheifle is the guy we need to shutdown, Theoret is a decent supporting cast, and AA is the throw away that couldnt be selfless and play within the Knights system. I think the Plymouth series had more and better sub plots.

The games were close but we shutdown Trochek and everone else not named Wilson. Schiefle is no Wilson. Hes a bigger body but much softer. With the way the Knights handled all the aspects of the Plymouth series I dont see any trouble handling the Colts. Add in that they just went 7games this deep in the playoffs, maybe throw in an injection of Matt Rupert and whatchoo got? Back to back O champs.
If im wrong, then everything and a I mean everything went right for Barrie.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:14 PM
PP31
PhlyerPhanatic31

Quote:
Thank you, this is good stuff!
The Friday is the best bang for your buck(10 bucks to be exact) You get games all day starting at 8am and get to see all teams play by 7pm..7 games total for the day.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
SimonKnightsman

That is a deeper Colt team than some seem to think. Niagara did this last spring with young London.

The finals are strange animal........I am going with PP31......a 6 game here.
London are banged up and missing two needed forwards will hurt still. Those losses eventually catch up to you.

Knight's in 6

Old
04-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Aela*

vCash:
Quote:
I just dont see it. Thats ok, we disagree...Scheifle is the guy we need to shutdown, Theoret is a decent supporting cast, and AA is the throw away that couldnt be selfless and play within the Knights system. I think the Plymouth series had more and better sub plots.

The games were close but we
shutdown Trochek and everone else not named Wilson. Schiefle is no Wilson. Hes a bigger body but much softer. With the way the Knights handled all the aspects of the Plymouth series I dont see any trouble handling the Colts. Add in that they just went 7games this
deep in the playoffs, maybe throw in an injection of Matt Rupert and whatchoo got? Back to back O champs.
Give them some credit, they have the same amount of wins as London.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:43 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:

The games were close but we shutdown Trochek and everone else not named Wilson. Schiefle is no Wilson. Hes a bigger body but much softer. With the way the Knights handled all the aspects of the Plymouth series I dont see any trouble handling the Colts. Add in that they just went 7games this deep in the playoffs, maybe throw in an injection of Matt Rupert and whatchoo got? Back to back O champs.
They also get good points from depth guys. Camara, Hall and Athanasiou can flat out fly.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
They also get good points from depth guys. Camara, Hall and Athanasiou can flat out fly.
18-2 was the Knights record this year against the Eastern conference. Just because the Knights are playing the 'cream' of the East doesn't mean that team is necessarily on par with the Knights. The stronger conference without question is the West.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:49 PM
sbrug

London should be fine if they keep up the intensity all series. Plymouth was a good team that could score at will but I think London will be able to shut down Barrie more than they could Plymouth. Would be nice if Anderson and Rupert can play at some time. Assuming that they are both week-to-week. Hard to get any credible info come playoff time as Hunter keeps a lid on everything.

I said in September that I would be shocked if one of London, Kitchener, and Plymouth don't win the OHL. I still stand by that. London should be able to claim their 3rd OHL championship.

Old
05-01-2013, 06:16 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
18-2 was the Knights record this year against the Eastern conference. Just because the Knights are playing the 'cream' of the East doesn't mean that team is necessarily on par with the Knights. The stronger conference without question is the West.
Well put.......I would pick London, Plymouth, Owen Sound or Kitchener over Barrie.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM
SimonKnightsman

One very thin reminder from a 05/06 playoff that many thought was also London's to win.

The Knight's finished way out front with 102 points, over in east the Pete's similar to Barrie finished with 99 points. I recall that series like it was yesterday and very painful reminder.

Barrie are similar with Ekblad to Staal and those Pete's won with solid defending.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
One very thin reminder from a 05/06 playoff that many thought was also London's to win.

The Knight's finished way out front with 102 points, over in east the Pete's similar to Barrie finished with 99 points. I recall that series like it was yesterday and very painful reminder.

Barrie are similar with Ekblad to Staal and those Pete's won with solid defending.

The good ol' days!!

Old
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:

The good ol' days!!

Old
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
aresknights

Quote:

I, for one was not as comfortable with our 06 squad as I am with this years version of the Knights. Thou it was a disappointing series.

As well, I think that Petes squad was a little tougher up front. Someone more familiar with East probly has a better idea if this is actually true or just my imagination
A young Staal was a beast on the boards (propelling that into an early departure to play with the Pens at 18) Downie, Ryder(?) et al. They were flat out better than London in a PO matchup.

Itll be interesting to see how they match up but I like the Knights chances more this year than 06

Old
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I, for one was not as comfortable with our 06 squad as I am with this years version of the Knights. Thou it was a disappointing series.

As well, I think that Petes squad was a little tougher up front. Someone more familiar with East probly has a better idea if this is actually true or just my imagination
A young Staal was a beast on the boards (propelling that into an early departure to play with the Pens at 18) Downie, Ryder(?) et al. They were flat out better than London in a PO matchup.

Itll be interesting to see how they match up but I like the Knights chances more this year than 06
The Petes deffintely had a gritty, defensive style in 06'

Likely could have been just as good the following season if J.Staal had played his 19 year old season.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

I was with you on the same prediction until these injuries continue to mount. If they hold firm with no more guys going down then they could likely knock off Barrie....but losing a Rupert, Anderson your core trench guys begins to leave you exposed. The last 2 years of success has come from depth, depth, depth and wearing teams down.

That 06 PO team was loaded with sniping on London's side. The depth was not there though and a physical Pete's team took a toll on London.

Pete's Fan 94....,,..........maybe they are back on that track again. They shud do some buying this off season for core support. They have more 2nds next 5 years they will never use....multi pics galore.

Old
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
This is a really big pet peeve of mine and I don't know why people continually bring it up...conference strength means next to nothing in the OHL because there aren't conference schedules. The Colts played Owen Sound more than just about every Eastern Conference team. If you want to compare strength of schedule you can make that argument, but to do so effectively you would have to add up the combined records of the opponents of each team. Even that has it's flaws, as their opponents also had unbalanced schedules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Well put.......I would pick London, Plymouth, Owen Sound or Kitchener over Barrie.
The Colts were 4-0 combined against Kitchener and Plymouth, and 2-3-1 against Owen Sound with two of those loses while Scheifele was with the Jets (6-3-1 overall). They did, however lose both games to the Knights.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
SimonKnightsman

And I think London did a number on OS this year, and Kitchener, and Plymouth

Closed Thread