HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 10:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Awesome, thanks! Sure hope we pull out Fridays game as I really wanna play one of these courses.
Clean your clubs up..there will be a game 6...bank it

Old
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Thats the spirit! I for some reason just dont have a sinking feeling yet....and hope is still very much alive. for those who said this series would go 7, it doesn't get there without losing 3 games first and it doesnt matter what order!
Maybe some karma will flow our way (we all know Barrie has recieved their share this series so far).
Come next week, I want to be saying "wow that was an awesome series and what a come back by our boys!"

Old
05-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Knights are a great team, they just need maturity and good coaching and they're set. Blowing leads is a byproduct of not having those in that situation. And the Knights have blown a lot of leads in the playoffs this year.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
Knights are a great team, they just need maturity and good coaching and they're set. Blowing leads is a byproduct of not having those in that situation. And the Knights have blown a lot of leads in the playoffs this year.
A lot of people forget just how young this team actually is.

8- 95's on the team.

Old
05-09-2013, 03:58 PM
sbrug

Quote:
A lot of people forget just how young this team actually is.

8- 95's on the team.
Yeah but only 5 play regularly. Barrie's a little older on average age, but not by much. Just been a disappointing series from the Knights in all aspects of the game.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:39 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Yeah but only 5 play regularly. Barrie's a little older on average age, but not by much. Just been a disappointing series from the Knights in all aspects of the game.
Other than Yuill and the man-child Ekblad(who's a 96) Barrie's '95's don't play much at all

Old
05-09-2013, 08:49 PM
KnightRanger

Barrie's good players will almost all be gone next year. Not the case for the Knights which is why they will host next year! However, watching them blow leads like they have......that may be how they have to get in!!

Cutting Baille and leaving an OA spott open has proven to be costly this year! Stolarz has not impressed me! If he was the size of an average goalie in the league, I'm not sure he'd stop anything!

And as much as I would like to be optimistic.....it's over! The Knights have way underestimated their opponent in Barrie and it's going to be too little too late! They may win game 5, but will not win game 6! Just the way I see it

Old
05-09-2013, 09:16 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Other than Yuill and the man-child Ekblad(who's a 96) Barrie's '95's don't play much at all
That's because they don't have many... EA5 was the first overall pick for the Colts in the 95 year, and he plays as much (more) than his cohort. Yuill was 22 overall and also plays. Fotinos was the next pick that year and is the backup tender. After that you're getting into lower pick guys who generally don't play most places, but Webster has been partnered with EA5, so he's getting his share of minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Barrie's good players will almost all be gone next year. Not the case for the Knights which is why they will host next year! However, watching them blow leads like they have......that may be how they have to get in!!
Well, not sure that's entirely true. Barring something unforeseen, they won't return as many good players as the Knights, but they will be returning some good players. Not that it means anything but the Colts guaranteed returnees outscore the Knights guaranteed returnees 18-1 in this year's playoffs (mostly one player but still)... Everybody assumes that Camara because he signed and he probably is, but Griffith is older, has also signed, and has been more productive in his OHL career...wouldn't it stand to reason that Griffith might pinch a pro spot from AC?

Old
05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post

Well, not sure that's entirely true. Barring something unforeseen, they won't return as many good players as the Knights, but they will be returning some good players. Not that it means anything but the Colts guaranteed returnees outscore the Knights guaranteed returnees 18-1 in this year's playoffs (mostly one player but still)... Everybody assumes that Camara because he signed and he probably is, but Griffith is older, has also signed, and has been more productive in his OHL career...wouldn't it stand to reason that Griffith might pinch a pro spot from AC?
Looking through the 2 rosters...London stands to lose 4 players..the 2 92's are gone..and 2 of the 5 '93's will not return. Barrie will lose their 3 '92's..and only 3 of their 7 '93's can return. So they lose 7 roster players off this years team. London could potentially return every forward on their current playoff roster.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:34 PM
dino200022

Quote:
I am still tryinv to bank my cheque that london wins easily cause they were 18-2 vs the east. No one believed me it would be tough. My thought for tommorow night is SHADOW SCHEIFELE! Put ferry on him and give him the yakupov treatment cause he is 80% of there team. Oh ya maybe try a low blocker or 5 hole shot, jus sayin.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:10 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Looking through the 2 rosters...London stands to lose 4 players..the 2 92's are gone..and 2 of the 5 '93's will not return. Barrie will lose their 3 '92's..and only 3 of their 7 '93's can return. So they lose 7 roster players off this years team. London could potentially return every forward on their current playoff roster.
Watching this series I am not that impressed with the Knights returnees and their depth. We can look at injuries and they can be a mitigating factor certainly but Rupert, Anderson, Welychka have done nothing, Tierney has been a ghost in the series and whether you want to include Leroux as a forward even though he's listed as D, Platzer. That's half your forwards that have done nothing.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:18 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Agreed, but all I'm saying is nothing is guaranteed as to who returns for either team, other than the 96s (where the Colts far outshine the Knights). It's not likely, but if you give me some good odds, I might take a bet that Horvat gets drafted in the top 12 and sticks...

Old
05-10-2013, 04:57 AM
aresknights

The Knights face elimination, in a PO series for the first time in 8 series. Im interested in how they respond. (And hopefully they face it 3x )

Can Mr19 continue to score on every shot?
Will London top gun(s) step up/ show up and contribute offensively?
Can London match its compete from periods 1 n 2 from game 4?
Does Barrie get stronger with a Memorial Cup final within grasp, or does London dig in and extend it?

Lots of chatter about a potential goalie switch. Regardless who they run out there tonight, the 18 skaters have to take it upon themselves and get it done.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
I am still tryinv to bank my cheque that london wins easily cause they were 18-2 vs the east. No one believed me it would be tough. My thought for tommorow night is SHADOW SCHEIFELE! Put ferry on him and give him the yakupov treatment cause he is 80% of there team. Oh ya maybe try a low blocker or 5 hole shot, jus sayin.
Lol, great post I was the one that made the comment about the 18-2 vs the east and ya, looks the Knights were ahead of themselves too! I was wrong, oh well. Barrie is a very good team. I did say that if Barrie wins, everything will have had to go right for them....I would suggest that I got that one right

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Watching this series I am not that impressed with the Knights returnees and their depth. We can look at injuries and they can be a mitigating factor certainly but Rupert, Anderson, Welychka have done nothing, Tierney has been a ghost in the series and whether you want to include Leroux as a forward even though he's listed as D, Platzer. That's half your forwards that have done nothing.
Im not sure what you intend with this post. If you are talking strictly about the series, then yes our players have under performed, the depth has not been impressive and they haven't done much. If in the context of the conversation which is next years team, you are suggesting because of one series that the Knights won't be that good next year because of what you see in this series and that being a year older wont change much....well....thats just silly. Quite a blanket prediction based on one poor series.....which, isn't over yet I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Agreed, but all I'm saying is nothing is guaranteed as to who returns for either team, other than the 96s (where the Colts far outshine the Knights). It's not likely, but if you give me some good odds, I might take a bet that Horvat gets drafted in the top 12 and sticks...
I agred with you Kanuck, if Horvat goes high which I really think he will he will stick (but it depends on the team). He wouldn't stick with Edmonton (too many young guys as it is), wouldn't stick with the Leafs (they couldn't handle an 18 year old rookie even if they were given a manual on how)...these are just a few examples. But Horvat will end up being one of the picks that teams will say years from now "we passed on him? Damn!"

Old
05-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Anderson has had an injury for a game or two, is defensively responsible and physical, although his scoring seems to have disappeared. Welchyka hasn't been in the lineup for most of the playoffs, not sure which Rupert you're talking about, but they're the same as Anderson with more scoring. Leroux is a forward through and through, and his forecheck has been amazing as well as his physicality. Platzer has been a ghost, I'll agree with that. And Tierney has been amazing, he's putting up points and winning tons of faceoffs, not sure why you think that's bad.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillina View Post
Anderson has had an injury for a game or two, is defensively responsible and physical, although his scoring seems to have disappeared. Welchyka hasn't been in the lineup for most of the playoffs, not sure which Rupert you're talking about, but they're the same as Anderson with more scoring. Leroux is a forward through and through, and his forecheck has been amazing as well as his physicality. Platzer has been a ghost, I'll agree with that. And Tierney has been amazing, he's putting up points and winning tons of faceoffs, not sure why you think that's bad.
Welychka has played in 13 games in the playoffs which is a stark contrast to "hasn't been in the lineup for most of the playoffs." Welychka 2g 1a. I am talking about Matt Rupert who hasn't done much. Anderson scored 23g this year and hasn't done anything in the playoffs he has 3 career goals in 35 playoff games. Tierney has 1 assist in the series against Barrie I would call that disappearing.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:14 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post

Im not sure what you intend with this post. If you are talking strictly about the series, then yes our players have under performed, the depth has not been impressive and they haven't done much. If in the context of the conversation which is next years team, you are suggesting because of one series that the Knights won't be that good next year because of what you see in this series and that being a year older wont change much....well....thats just silly. Quite a blanket prediction based on one poor series.....which, isn't over yet I might add.
I just think with the exception of 3-4 forwards on the team a lot of the other forwards are overrated. I believe there's a forward currently on the Colts that could have been a big asset for London this year. No the series is not over but for the Colts who weren't given much of any chance to even compete in the series all the pressure is on the Knights not to be labeled as one of those great teams that didn't deliver. Knights lost Knight, Namestnikov, Watson and McKegg from last years team I think the talent returning was over estimated up front.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
I just think with the exception of 3-4 forwards on the team a lot of the other forwards are overrated. I believe there's a forward currently on the Colts that could have been a big asset for London this year. No the series is not over but for the Colts who weren't given much of any chance to even compete in the series all the pressure is on the Knights not to be labeled as one of those great teams that didn't deliver. Knights lost Knight, Namestnikov, Watson and McKegg from last years team I think the talent returning was over estimated up front.
Well said, and I have to agree with all of it. Certainly were some big loses last year. Knights are a young team and that is the only 'excuse' I would give, but to your point if the expectations were set at a certain level, then age doesn't matter.
Matt Rupert broke his foot/ankle in the Kitchener series. I'd say he was playing well up until then (his production wasn't always showing up on the score sheet), and now that he is back I'm not sure thats an injury he can just step back in from and produce at a high level.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:29 PM
nelli27

Quote:
How can you have it both ways? You claim that the Knights don't have as much talent and depth as many seem to think (some 'overrated forwards') and then claim that this team would go down as a 'great team' that didn't deliver. Are you saying that they have the talent but simply didn't deliver in the playoffs when it counted, or this team that made the OHL Finals was not really that talented and deep to begin with? If the latter, then please elaborate.
It's always difficult in May to get a fair gauge of the opening day roster next season, but humour me, at this point (ceteris paribus), which OHL team do you think should ice a stronger team next season than the Knights? Again, I know a lot can change and will change between then and now, but at this early stage take an educated guess?
I think Owen Sound and Guelph will be up there with London.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:55 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
How can you have it both ways? You claim that the Knights don't have as much talent and depth as many seem to think (some 'overrated forwards') and then claim that this team would go down as a 'great team' that didn't deliver. Are you saying that they have the talent but simply didn't deliver in the playoffs when it counted, or this team that made the OHL Finals was not really that talented and deep to begin with? If the latter, then please elaborate.
It's always difficult in May to get a fair gauge of the opening day roster next season, but humour me, at this point (ceteris paribus), which OHL team do you think should ice a stronger team next season than the Knights? Again, I know a lot can change and will change between then and now, but at this early stage take an educated guess?
I think Owen Sound and Guelph will be up there with London.
My personal opinion is that some of these players are overrated. I am basing their possible fate of what their own fan base has said even that one fan that came to the Windsor board saying in February that London was a lock for the Memorial Cup.

That depends some people are of the opinion Griffith and Broadhurst will both be back. If we go under that assumption I like what Guelph is returning up front over London. I can say Mitchell and Richard return to go along with Dickenson, Auger, Garlent, Kosmachuk, McGinn, Fabbri. London has some nice players but the heavy lifting is done by Domi, Horvat and Griffith. Can you really count on Anderson 3g in 35 playoff games to round his game out join that group?

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine: 05-10-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Old
05-10-2013, 02:53 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Not surprised you don't understand it. All we have heard from London fans is that this team is some super force that couldn't be stopped and Barrie had very little chance. My personal opinion is that some of these players are overrated. I am basing their possible fate of what their own fan base has said even that one fan that came to the Windsor board saying in February that London was a lock for the Memorial Cup.

That depends some people are of the opinion Griffith and Broadhurst will both be back. If we go under that assumption I like what Guelph is returning up front over London. I can say Mitchell and Richard return to go along with Dickenson, Auger, Garlent, Kosmachuk, McGinn, Fabbri. London has some nice players but the heavy lifting is done by Domi, Horvat and Griffith. Can you really count on Anderson 3g in 35 playoff games to round his game out join that group?
What entitles you to use this umbrella concept "London fans" as if they speak with a single voice? You generalize all the time, but the truth of the matter is that some London fans, myself included, never claimed that they would be trotting off to the Memorial Cup. It would more accurate to write: "some London fans". In fact, I stated that I would make no prediction where this series is concerned, and that I had much respect for Barrie. If it satisfies your need to spare no expense to criticize the Knights' fan base, then continue. Ad hominems require no intelligence. Could you re-write your fourth sentence, your grammar is atrocious!?
As for Anderson, yes, a subpar playoff performance. I don't know if that has to do with his recent injury or not, but it would be nice if he contributed more. He's certainly an asset in the regular season--I wish it carried over.
Watch out for Guelph!---Agreed.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:02 PM
aresknights

Quote:
And they still managed to run thru the west conf PO going 12-2. Musta been a down year in the West.

I picked London in 5. Dead wrong, obviously. (but not as wrong as those that picked London to be out in rd 2 ) Barrie is full measure for the 3-1 lead and if we dont get more contributions from a group of players the Knights are all done.
The top line guys havent done much this series as well. Broadhurst has played well but isnt racking up the pts, Domis been a non factor after a great game 4-5 vs Ply.
Stolarz finally getting outplayed in net ect....

Whoever crowned the Knights memorial cup champs on the Spits board earlier was either hopeful or trying to get a rise outta the Spits fans, sorta like how some SPits fans look to do the same, but as Neili stated, not all should painted with the brush you paint one with.

I like Londons returnees, as well as Guelphs. Should be fun next year, again

Last edited by aresknights: 05-10-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old
05-10-2013, 03:11 PM
OHLTG

Instead of calling "some" London players under-rated, why not just give credit where it's due? Barrie has done a heckuva job shutting down the Knights depth guys and are showing that, while a lot of the OHL appeared to think London would run away with this, that's not going to happen.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:14 PM
sbrug

It wasn't only London fans who had predicted a 4 or 5 game series for London. Most across the OHL said the same thing and me personally, I predicted a series win for London without stating the games.

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine: 05-10-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Old
05-10-2013, 03:45 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
What entitles you to use this umbrella concept "London fans" as if they speak with a single voice? You generalize all the time, but the truth of the matter is that some London fans, myself included, never claimed that they would be trotting off to the Memorial Cup. It would more accurate to write: "some London fans". In fact, I stated that I would make no prediction where this series is concerned, and that I had much respect for Barrie. If it satisfies your need to spare no expense to criticize the Knights' fan base, then continue. Ad hominems require no intelligence. Could you re-write your fourth sentence, your grammar is atrocious!?
As for Anderson, yes, a subpar playoff performance. I don't know if that has to do with his recent injury or not, but it would be nice if he contributed more. He's certainly an asset in the regular season--I wish it carried over.
Watch out for Guelph!---Agreed.
I never said all London fans, I just used the term London fans. Furthermore if you never even made a prediction it's quite obvious my post was not directed towards you.

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine: 05-10-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Closed Thread