HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ribeiro to Vancouver at the deadline

Old
03-01-2013, 04:53 AM

vCash: 50
Canucks fan here...I'd do a 1st (2013) + 2nd (2014)/prospect not named Jensen.

WAS is 2nd last in the league but due to the division they play in, they are not out of it. One of WAS, TBL, or FLA should be trading for one of VAN's goalies.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Capathetic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Canucks fan here...I'd do a 1st (2013) + 2nd (2014)/prospect not named Jensen.

WAS is 2nd last in the league but due to the division they play in, they are not out of it. One of WAS, TBL, or FLA should be trading for one of VAN's goalies.

No they shouldnt.

Caps have a surplus of young goalies. I cant speak for Tampa and Florida but I know they also have young keepers in the pipeline.

Tampa also just traded for a starting goalie.

Again...The caps are looking for a young player like they gave up in Eakin. Its not Mcphee's fault Vancouver is lacking on the type of prospect its going to take to move Ribero.

If Backstrom doesnt step up his game...trust me the caps will want to keep thier leading scorer.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:22 AM
angry pirate

Chris Campoli was basically traded for a 2nd. Dominic Moore has regularly been traded for 2nds.

Ribero, who is above a point per game at time of posting, will get better return than he did last year. If he's traded I predict it'll be for either: A very good prospect and a 2nd/3rd round pick, or a decent prospect and a 1st.

People shouldn't let their personal opinions of Ribero affect their beliefs in what he'd fetch in a trade. Rental or not, do people really think that a guy who's above a point per game this season will be traded for a late 2nd round pick and a average prospect???

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
What has Ribeiro done to warrant a better return than Dallas got?
Score 22 points in 19 games, while playing less than 18:00/game.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
this

he may have that value. but nucks arent giving their 1st
Nucks aren't worthy of winning anything if they keep avoiding the issue of scoring depth. Higgins isn't a top6 winger, nor is Raymond.

Seeing Vigneault's inept system exposed after the Sedins disappeared is permanently seared into my mind. Any proactive GM would gladly trade TWO first round picks for a consistent, dynamic centre who WOULD put them over the top. But I'm glad Van won't: it fits into what everyone already knows about Gillis and the Canuck organization (and their fans, so it seems) - tentative, bark but no bite, pleased with being above-average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Also, not every GM is as incompetent as Nieuwendyk.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Good for him. He is still a UFA and not going to net a first and our best prospect. No team will pay that kind of a return for Riberio - a notoriously streaky player.

Okay, maybe Dallas.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Pip

lol won't overpay for mediocre player on expiring contract -> happy with being above average

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
No they shouldnt.

Caps have a surplus of young goalies. I cant speak for Tampa and Florida but I know they also have young keepers in the pipeline.
Caps have young goalies and a veteran core...the young goalies aren't getting the job done (both under 0.900 save%) and haven't for years.

Quote:
Tampa also just traded for a starting goalie.
That should read "backup goalie".

Lindback is putting up a sub 0.900 save% on a team where Garon is putting up good starter numbers as the backup - same as last season. Their team is elite except for in net and getting a goalie would almost guarantee a successful playoff push and likely a playoff drive IMO.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Roshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Caps have young goalies and a veteran core...the young goalies aren't getting the job done (both under 0.900 save%) and haven't for years.
Holtby actually is getting the job done now and is getting better day by day. Caps is rather selling (Neuvirth) than buying.

Also we are very high on Grubauer. Don't need any Luongo-contracts to block his way.

Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Jensen may have higher upside but that still doesnt mean the caps wont seek what they paid for Ribero in the first place.

Ask a stars fan about Eakin. Hes already in the Nhl and producing while having plenty of upside.

The caps have good winger prospects anyways and I think Ribero stays and re signs.
Jensen > Eakin.

If Jensen had Eakin's upside, then yes, but the point is (and you said it yourself) Jensen has more value and higher upside than Eakin did, therefore won't be in the deal.

As someone else said Gaunce + 2nd would likely be our eqivulant, but even then I am not all that interested in giving up Gaunce, he has been ripping apart the OHL recently, and I like the intangibles he brings. Especially with out cupboard as bare as it is.

Plus Riberio isn't a great need for us either way, we have a plethora of wingers, and they aren't our problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Nucks fans don't want him eh, that's right their dynamic healthy offence is too good for a scrub like Ribeiro.
Well I wouldn't disagree entirely. (This is the line-up I would like to see when healthy)

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lappierre - Weise

We have alot of depth already, and we do have alot of dynamics.

The Sedins & Burr are the Sedins & Burr. (Nuff said)

Kesler, Booth and Kassian bring more power, strength and speed.

The 3rd line is a reliable two way line that is fast as hell. Hansen also adds a bit of grit and physicality.

Then the 4th line has a 2nd/3rd liner in Higgins and a 3rd line capable guy in Lappierre, as for Weise, well personally I would like Sestito in now that we lost Volpatti, but Weise is the new Rome in AV's eyes, and will get ample opportunity.

As I said above, wingers aren't our problem, we have plenty of wing depth, no sense wasting young assets that we don't have alot of just to add another one and bump another top 9 guy down to the 4th line.

This forward group is loaded with depth and versatility, as well as some different styles/dynamics. I am more than comfortable moving forward with our roster like this.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:32 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

Wouldn't mind acquiring him for picks/prospects. Canucks are running out of time to win the cup and Ribeiro can help make that happen.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Honour Over Glory
===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Same as what he got the last time he was traded. 2nd + B prospect, I'd presume.
He's playing very well, I'd say he's going to command a 1st round pick. If that's too much, consider his age and his numbers this year, I don't like the Caps but I will admit he's been their biggest threat offensively and their best player by far.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
Holtby actually is getting the job done now and is getting better day by day. Caps is rather selling (Neuvirth) than buying.

Also we are very high on Grubauer. Don't need any Luongo-contracts to block his way.
Yeah but how long do you have to wait? Is the goal to be a contender now or in the future?

Luongo's contract isn't nearly as bad as it is made out to be. And he would really be the piece you need to springboard back into the top tier of Eastern teams IMO.

He would instill confidence in the rest of your group, and the price tag wouldn't be enormous either.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Honour Over Glory
===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Yeah but how long do you have to wait? Is the goal to be a contender now or in the future?

Luongo's contract isn't nearly as bad as it is made out to be. And he would really be the piece you need to springboard back into the top tier of Eastern teams IMO.

He would instill confidence in the rest of your group, and the price tag wouldn't be enormous either.
Capitals need to fix a lot of things, but the one thing GMGM has been patient with is the goaltending situation. They could have kept Vokoun last year but they didn't, they went with Holtby and Neuvirth instead and they have another kid.

Luongo isn't a guy they are interested in, the only rumors about that are on here with Canucks fans pushing him on Caps fans. It's rather odd to see.

Goaltending isn't their biggest problem, it's the fact that Backstrom, Ovechkin, and Green are under performing offensively and they have a rookie coach.

If Ribeiro were to join the Canucks now, he'd be their points leader. He's going to cost a 1st and some team will give the Caps that. If the Sens are still in the playoff hunt, I could see them willing to pony up for Ribeiro. A lot of teams.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:55 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Capitals need to fix a lot of things, but the one thing GMGM has been patient with is the goaltending situation. They could have kept Vokoun last year but they didn't, they went with Holtby and Neuvirth instead and they have another kid.

Luongo isn't a guy they are interested in, the only rumors about that are on here with Canucks fans pushing him on Caps fans. It's rather odd to see.

Goaltending isn't their biggest problem, it's the fact that Backstrom, Ovechkin, and Green are under performing offensively and they have a rookie coach.

If Ribeiro were to join the Canucks now, he'd be their points leader. He's going to cost a 1st and some team will give the Caps that. If the Sens are still in the playoff hunt, I could see them willing to pony up for Ribeiro. A lot of teams.
Yeah it is alot more fan driven speculation.

Personally I have doubted all along that Washington has ever had any real interest.

But to me it makes alot of sense for them, they have never had that bonified goaltender with this core, they have alot of nice pieces that are underpreforming, although Luongo as I said would instill confidence and make them all better. (or atleast make them look better)

They have more issues no doubt, but I think Luongo could really help.

Although much like you, I don't think there is any real interest, just a nice thought from our POV.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:18 AM
glovesave_35
Name

It seems the Ribeiro reputation continues to persist. His value should start at what he returned the Stars in the summer. Yes, he's a rental but at the same time because he's a rental a team would get a hell of a player for the playoffs with minimal cap hit.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:29 AM

It appears GMGM is willing to be patient and wait for the Forsberg/Kuznetsov tandem to play in the states.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:03 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Good for him. He is still a UFA and not going to net a first and our best prospect. No team will pay that kind of a return for Riberio - a notoriously streaky player.

Okay, maybe Dallas.
A notorious streaky player that has consistently put up 60+ points. How is that streaky? His career numbers have been very, very consistent since he was traded to Dallas.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:10 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
It seems the Ribeiro reputation continues to persist. His value should start at what he returned the Stars in the summer. Yes, he's a rental but at the same time because he's a rental a team would get a hell of a player for the playoffs with minimal cap hit.
As a Caps fan I wanted the Caps to trade for Ribeiro all along. At the draft I think I posted on the Caps board we should trade our 1st (15th overall) and Eakin/Perreault for Ribeiro. That's probably overpayment but getting him for Eakin + 2nd was a steal. He'd easily go for more than that now. A 1st + decent prospect or really good prospect + 2nd/3rd (depending on the prospect) should be the starting point.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:40 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
As a Caps fan I wanted the Caps to trade for Ribeiro all along. At the draft I think I posted on the Caps board we should trade our 1st (15th overall) and Eakin/Perreault for Ribeiro. That's probably overpayment but getting him for Eakin + 2nd was a steal. He'd easily go for more than that now. A 1st + decent prospect or really good prospect + 2nd/3rd (depending on the prospect) should be the starting point.
Couldn't agree more. Love Eakin; really happy the trade worked out for both teams.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:43 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Yeah it is alot more fan driven speculation.

Personally I have doubted all along that Washington has ever had any real interest.

But to me it makes alot of sense for them, they have never had that bonified goaltender with this core, they have alot of nice pieces that are underpreforming, although Luongo as I said would instill confidence and make them all better. (or atleast make them look better)

They have more issues no doubt, but I think Luongo could really help.

Although much like you, I don't think there is any real interest, just a nice thought from our POV.
Caps are more than Luongo away from winning the cup. Luongo would also push very close to the cap which wouldn't help to fill those other missing pieces that the team has. As we could be heading for re-tool, we need to keep our future/important assets.. and what is left, probably wouldn't get Lou.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Caps are more than Luongo away from winning the cup. Luongo would also push very close to the cap which wouldn't help to fill those other missing pieces that the team has. As we could be heading for re-tool, we need to keep our future/important assets.. and what is left, probably wouldn't get Lou.
I agree, not saying he is the missing piece, but he is one of the pieces and he would be a huge step in the right direction.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Capathetic

Holtby now tied for the league lead in shutouts. The caps as a team are awful and often leave him out to dry much more than he gives up soft goals. Therefor I don't see why the caps give up on the kid and inherit the Luongo contract.

Ribero with two more points

Eakins 12 points in 21 games for the stars puts him above Jensen until he proves otherwise. At least from a value standpoint. Jensen may be a fine player but upside is not results. Eakin is also somewhat of a defensive forward too. Something Jensen has been known to need work on. Marcus Johansson tore up the SEL too while he was over there. He's hurt now but was scratched because the NHL is too physical for him.

Again....Jensen great prospect. Eakin is an underrated player at this moment.

It's the same argument with Kuznetsov. Great player but hardly as much value to a team that needs him in the lineup while giving up a top scorer in the league. Russian bias aside. I'm aware of the flight risk.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:42 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

If I'm a Washington fan, I laugh at the low balling and keep the player. PPG centres are not easy to get and I think Washington lucked out in paying the price they did. Ribeiro has has a reputation since his days in MTL (dat dive), but has also been one of the most consistent point getters of the last few years. Why would Washington trade those for a bunch of poor pieces...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:39 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
If I'm a Washington fan, I laugh at the low balling and keep the player. PPG centres are not easy to get and I think Washington lucked out in paying the price they did. Ribeiro has has a reputation since his days in MTL (dat dive), but has also been one of the most consistent point getters of the last few years. Why would Washington trade those for a bunch of poor pieces...
Only if he would decide to walk.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote