HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Draft- 26, Toronto.

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Frankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Peverley's doing very well in the ECHL.

Thank you very much.
i didn't know that was your goal for him. :lol

he actually just signed with portland. played last night.

Old
03-27-2005, 01:24 PM
TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I'm a huge fan of Andrew Cogliano ...

Leafs should do everything in their power to draft him .. He has star written all over him ..

Will be one of the TOP Scorers in College Hockey next year ..
Don't mind me asking... but how do you know? Do you follow him statistically or do you go to all of his games? How do you know so much?

Old
03-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML
Don't mind me asking... but how do you know?
Pure guess ..

Nothing to back it up, but I am a prospect junkie so I get all the major publications .. International Scouting Service (ISS) , CSB Rankings, Redline Report, Mckeens and the Hockey News and of course all the info found here at HF to follow young players and prospects ..

Some of those quotes from the various sources ..

" Dynamic and crafty; a threat each time he touches the puck" ..."Electrifying skills; big upside" ..."He possesses great speed and agility which may only be matched by Sidney Crosby in this year's draft," says a scout" ... "Displays superb vision and creativity on the ice"... "His vision and hockey sense make him stand out .. a step ahead of everyone else on the ice"...."An excellent skater with explosive bursts of speed".... "Elusive top-end speed and a powerful stride"..... "Blinding skater with breathtaking acceleration" etc etc ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML
Do you follow him statistically or do you go to all of his games?

Nope he plays in Ontario and I live in BC .. No chance to see him, at least I don't remember ever seeing him at any under 18 or other tourney.

He plays in the The Ontario Provincial Junior A Hockey (OPJHL) for the St. Michael's Buzzers. At the recent All-star game he was named the Player of the Game, and in the Skills competition Cogliano was clocked as the league's fastest skater.

He was too young this season but Andrew Cogliano has accepted a scholarship to Michigan for 2005-06 and has committed to join Michigan of the NCAA hockey this coming season, which is a really strong hockey program ..

He also plays right under Toronto's noses and back yard. So I am sure they have him well scouted.

He may however not opt into the current NHL draft when ever that is because he was too young to join the NCAA last season he had to play in the OPJHL killing time basically because he is too good for the OPJHL and his stats show that, and that will hurt his draft status, so I figure he will opt out this year and then hope to put up huge numbers next year and become a top draft draft pick.

He is currently the leading Scorer in the league and his stats can be seen here :

http://www.ohahockey.org/jra/stats/stats.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML
How do you know so much?

I am a genius and a legend in my own mind .. I should really be saying most of the stuff in my head only, but I have a tendency to type out loud. That's probably good for me and bad for you guys ..

Closed Thread