HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Off-Season 2013 (Draft day draft day gotta get down on draft day)

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonnow View Post
Pollard is gone from the Ravens, take a flyer on him?
The question is how he fits in the locker room. It's been speculated that he was part of a "mutiny" against John Harbaugh in October (which Harbaugh successfully navigated), and that being on 3 teams in 5 years (soon to be 4 in 6) may signify problems in the room with him. Teams grow tired of his antics and get rid of him.

There's no question he's talented. There's also no question that he can be outspoken. But unless more information comes out, there is no way to know if he is a locker room cancer or not, and that would play a big role in deciding whether to pursue him or not.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:52 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I expect a competent team to be fielded every year. That hasn't been the case for the past 15 years. Fans have a right to be bitter.
A right to be bitter 1 day into free agency?

Old
03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I know in philosophy that reasoning is correct, but you guys must be tired of saying that every year. It's the same free agency period over and over and over. It's only been a day, be patient! It's only been a week, be patient! The season hasn't started yet, be patient!
I'm not saying be patient. But at least wait to ***** until after the moves are done with.

Also, last year it was NOT the same free agency period. So...

The pre-emptive complaining is just extremely ridiculous.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Ah yes the same old responses

" wait til the end of free agency!" - this one is popular with Buffalonions especially Sabre fans telling me the last 5 years how Regier will sign a FA to fill our holes in our roster... Hmm still waiting for Regier to sign a defensive center to help replace Roy, but don't worry I was told all last summer it's coming!

If the Bills were going to be losers in free agency they should have matched the Levitre contract. Instead they sign a guy who isn't even a full time starter and he's supposed to be our best linebacker? Who's our receivers after Stevie? Graham? Easley? who are the Bills gonna sign at WR? Most are gone already and the remaining ones are visiting places that aren't Buffalo. What about more corners? I guess McKelvin is the answer to our woes there this team is going to be terrible, like usual.

I cannot wait til we bank on Geno Smith to be at #8 and he will be drafted at #7 mark my word. Should be fun watching this team next year devoid of practically all stars and zero depth. God forbid we break the bank on an established WR, looks like our plan is to draft the next James Hardy in round 2.

Great job letting Rhinehart go too, but of course you know we can't match the monster one year offer he got from San Diego. Inexcusable letting him go, we could have plugged him right in Levitres spot, now we have no guard aside from Urbik

Quote:
I expect a competent team to be fielded every year. That hasn't been the case for the past 15 years. Fans have a right to be bitter.
Thank you. I've wasted too much $ on this franchise and for what? Aside from a fluke signing last year they are a penny pinching franchise and the equivalent of a black hole.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

" wait til the end of free agency!" - this one is popular with Buffalonions especially Sabre fans telling me the last 5 years how Regier will sign a FA to fill our holes in our roster... Hmm still waiting for Regier to sign a defensive center to help replace Roy, but don't worry I was told all last summer it's coming!

If the Bills were going to be losers in free agency they should have matched the Levitre contract. Instead they sign a guy who isn't even a full time starter and he's supposed to be our best linebacker? Who's our receivers after Stevie? Graham? Easley? who are the Bills gonna sign at WR? Most are gone already and the remaining ones are visiting places that aren't Buffalo. What about more corners? I guess McKelvin is the answer to our woes there this team is going to be terrible, like usual.

I cannot wait til we bank on Geno Smith to be at #8 and he will be drafted at #7 mark my word. Should be fun watching this team next year devoid of practically all stars and zero depth. God forbid we break the bank on an established WR, looks like our plan is to draft the next James Hardy in round 2.

Great job letting Rhinehart go too, but of course you know we can't match the monster one year offer he got from San Diego. Inexcusable letting him go, we could have plugged him right in Levitres spot, now we have no guard aside from Urbik

Thank you. I've wasted too much $ on this franchise and for what? Aside from a fluke signing last year they are a penny pinching franchise and the equivalent of a black hole.
They couldn't afford Levitre at $8M. The best move was locking him up last year. Failing that they needed to let him go and draft a cheaper replacement.

If Geno makes it to 6 I'd bet quite a bit that we trade our 1st & 3rd to Cleveland for the 6th overall. Not ideal from an efficiency standpoint but given the circumstances, but if they are sold on Geno, it would make sense to guarantee that pick.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:43 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
They couldn't afford Levitre at $8M. The best move was locking him up last year. Failing that they needed to let him go and draft a cheaper replacement.

If Geno makes it to 6 I'd bet quite a bit that we trade our 1st & 3rd to Cleveland for the 6th overall. Not ideal from an efficiency standpoint but given the circumstances, but if they are sold on Geno, it would make sense to guarantee that pick.
Maybe, but also in the phone prank recording, Nix did say that they "only" had 6 picks and he was hesitant to move any of them. Would not surprise me if they try to stand pat or trade down.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
A right to be bitter 1 day into free agency?
Whenever we please, honestly.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post

There's no guarantee Cleveland passes on Smith either, so if he is at #6 we might not be able to trade for him . Sadly Smith will either be drafted by the Raiders, Jags, Browns or Cardinals. That win in week 17 sure helped us greatly, thanks chan! and as for adding a 3rd to move up, we can't afford that. Buddy hates trading picks (except to move up for #4-5 WRs like Graham) and we need to hit a home run with our first 4 picks. We NEED to get 3 starters with our first 3 picks and a good backup in the 4th.

I think regardless if Geno is there or not, they're going with a QB at #8. I'm almost positive our QB next year is either Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 AM
Takeo

LaRon Landry to Colts.

Looking at the market, I still like:

WR Greg Jennings
WR Julian Edelman
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Ramses Barden
TE Dustin Keller
TE Brandon Myers
TE Ben Watson
OT Sebastian Vollmer
OG Brandon Moore
OG Kevin Boothe
OG Geoff Schwartz
LB Victor Butler
LB Antwan Barnes
LB Nick Roach
LB Justin Durant
LB Rey Maualuga
CB Mike Jenkins
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Antoine Cason
CB Kelvin Hayden
S Bernard Pollard
S Louis Delmas
S Ryan Mundy

Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Quote:
There's no guarantee Cleveland passes on Smith either, so if he is at #6 we might not be able to trade for him . Sadly Smith will either be drafted by the Raiders, Jags, Browns or Cardinals. That win in week 17 sure helped us greatly, thanks chan! and as for adding a 3rd to move up, we can't afford that. Buddy hates trading picks (except to move up for #4-5 WRs like Graham) and we need to hit a home run with our first 4 picks. We NEED to get 3 starters with our first 3 picks and a good backup in the 4th.

I think regardless if Geno is there or not, they're going with a QB at #8. I'm almost positive our QB next year is either Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib.
I'd be totally fine if they took Nassib in the 2nd round. Hopefully he would still be there.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I'd be totally fine if they took Nassib in the 2nd round. Hopefully he would still be there.
Too much Syracuse flavor there. They waited one year to late to worry about QB

Old
03-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

Somebody needs to tell Ralph it's not 1995 anymore, things cost some cash. You get what you spend. If you pump nothing into the eam yeah it wll be a **** product

Old
03-14-2013, 01:34 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
LaRon Landry to Colts.

WR Greg Jennings
WR Julian Edelman
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Ramses Barden
TE Dustin Keller
TE Brandon Myers
TE Ben Watson
OT Sebastian Vollmer
OG Brandon Moore
OG Kevin Boothe
OG Geoff Schwartz
LB Victor Butler
LB Antwan Barnes
LB Nick Roach
LB Justin Durant
LB Rey Maualuga
CB Mike Jenkins
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Antoine Cason
CB Kelvin Hayden
S Bernard Pollard
S Louis Delmas
S Ryan Mundy
Ill take Barden, Maualuga, Cason, and Boothe.

Brandon Moore was pitiful last year...

Old
03-14-2013, 01:35 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Too much Syracuse flavor there. They waited one year to late to worry about QB
Yeah, and because of it, they're going to have to force the issue this draft. Sucks.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:56 AM
buffalowing88

Quote:
LaRon Landry to Colts.

WR Greg Jennings
WR Julian Edelman
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Ramses Barden
TE Dustin Keller
TE Brandon Myers
TE Ben Watson
OT Sebastian Vollmer
OG Brandon Moore
OG Kevin Boothe
OG Geoff Schwartz
LB Victor Butler
LB Antwan Barnes
LB Nick Roach
LB Justin Durant
LB Rey Maualuga
CB Mike Jenkins
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Antoine Cason
CB Kelvin Hayden
S Bernard Pollard
S Louis Delmas
S Ryan Mundy
Edelman, Myers, Boothe and Barnes would shore up most of my issues...just get Geno and I'm not going to complain if this works out.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:58 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
Edelman, Myers, Boothe and Barnes would shore up most of my issues...just get Geno and I'm not going to complain if this works out.
Oyyyyy if you think Smith is the answer for us

Old
03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Ill take Barden, Maualuga, Cason, and Boothe.

Brandon Moore was pitiful last year...
I highly advise you watch film of Maualuga. He's not as good as you probably think he is. In watching some film on Cincy last year, he looked lost at times. You guys don't want him.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:36 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Whenever we please, honestly.
And I have a right to call people out on it.

They brought 2 of the biggest free agents in last year, can't expect them to do that every year.

This free agent pool actually seems pretty deep, so I don't see the issue with them not rushing to overpay guys.

Please note that my not jumping down their throats does not equate to me cheerleading or thinking they know exactly what they are doing and will be a good team this year.

There's PLENTY to criticize them for, I just don't think criticizing them for "lack of" free agent signings, at this time, is one of them.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:42 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:

Today's Buffalo Bills Buzz features exactly 0 entries in the "Headlines" section

They actually sent me a Buffalo Bills Buzz email with NOTHING IN IT

Old
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Jim Carr's Rug

I think Ramses Barden would be a great signing.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
whiplash

Quote:
LaRon Landry to Colts.

WR Greg Jennings
WR Julian Edelman
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Ramses Barden
TE Dustin Keller
TE Brandon Myers
TE Ben Watson
OT Sebastian Vollmer
OG Brandon Moore
OG Kevin Boothe
OG Geoff Schwartz
LB Victor Butler
LB Antwan Barnes
LB Nick Roach
LB Justin Durant
LB Rey Maualuga
CB Mike Jenkins
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Antoine Cason
CB Kelvin Hayden
S Bernard Pollard
S Louis Delmas
S Ryan Mundy
If we got 2 or 3 of the bolded I would be ecstatic.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
And I have a right to call people out on it.
Sure, but what are you calling people out for? Wanting their team to be better? Teams don't rush to sign the worst free agents first. The longer they wait, the more it means they're thrift store shopping again. I mean we knew they would be, it just sucks.

Quote:
They brought 2 of the biggest free agents in last year, can't expect them to do that every year.

This free agent pool actually seems pretty deep, so I don't see the issue with them not rushing to overpay guys.

Please note that my not jumping down their throats does not equate to me cheerleading or thinking they know exactly what they are doing and will be a good team this year.

There's PLENTY to criticize them for, I just don't think criticizing them for "lack of" free agent signings, at this time, is one of them.
At the end of the day they still have to field a football team. Right now they don't have anything remotely resembling one. The Bills need to pick up some guys in free agency just to fill the roster. With only six picks, it's not like they can count on the draft to do that.

Honestly I have no idea why they're waiting. The market's been set already at pretty much every position. Unless there aren't any guys they like...

Old
03-14-2013, 09:33 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
If we got 2 or 3 of the bolded I would be ecstatic.
I'm not a big Ben Watson fan. Keller's the only one out of that TE group I'd want.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:33 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Sure, but what are you calling people out for? Wanting their team to be better? Teams don't rush to sign the worst free agents first. The longer they wait, the more it means they're thrift store shopping again.
No, I already explained it. I'm calling people out for complaining out something that's STILL IN PROGRESS.

Quote:
At the end of the day they still have to field a football team. Right now they don't have anything remotely resembling one. The Bills need to pick up some guys in free agency just to fill the roster. With only six picks, it's not like they can count on the draft to do that.
Absolutely and I'm not disputing that.

Quote:
Honestly I have no idea why they're waiting. The market's been set already at pretty much every position. Unless there aren't any guys they like...
It's tough to call it "waiting" when we don't know what they are doing. They are being very tight-lipped. That's why we need to wait to see what comes of all of this. There are plenty of guys still out there.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I think the team is going to roll with Searcy at SS, so I don't see them going for a safety.

I'll be disappointed if they don't address at least 2 of CB, OG, WR, and another LB in free agency. TE would be nice, but I like Chandler...the only question is health. I don't think we need to get one of the high end guys, though of course any improvement is welcome...just I don't see it as a priority need.

Closed Thread