HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Off-Season 2013 (Draft day draft day gotta get down on draft day)

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Hate hate hate, Austin hype has become beyond ridiculous. We need a beast receiver not another twitch guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I fail to see how he makes the team better.
No love for Tavon Awesome? My brother is a junior at WVU, so I've endured more Mountaineer football over the last three years than I'd care to admit. He may not be what you need, but he's going to be very successful. He's certainly a wild card in any offense.

Old
04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
kirby11

vCash: 500
If we do take a QB I'd prefer barkley over anyone else, not sure if he'd last til our 2nd rounder though. and i'm not sure if i want tavon austin. we need another WR with size, but it's too bad tj graham sucks, cause we do also need to get quicker there. lastly, if milliner drops to 8 we'd better grab him.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
but it's too bad tj graham sucks
Bills fans

Old
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

How concerened are you guys about Milliner's injuries? I love the guy's positioning and he has good size but his injury history here (5 surguries?) scare me. I'd love him otherwise though.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
LGBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
Bills fans
Agreed. People are way too quick to judge players. I'm not saying Graham was great last year, because he wasn't, but he showed flashes of being the player they wanted last year. Fans forget about all the contextual factors that played into his rookie year. For example, he's a deep threat-type receiver, and the QB that was throwing to him was (I believe statistically) the worst deep-ball QB in the league.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:09 AM
LGBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
How concerened are you guys about Milliner's injuries? I love the guy's positioning and he has good size but his injury history here (5 surguries?) scare me. I'd love him otherwise though.
Agreed once again. On the surface, I would love to have Milliner and Gilmore on opposite sides of the ball. However, the injury history and the fact that he's not as much of a play-maker on the outside concern me. I know you don't need to be able to make plays to be a good cover CB necessarily, but Gilmore didn't show a whole lot of ball skills last year either. I would love to have a shut-down CB (Gilmore), and a guy on the other side with tremendous ball skills.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:12 AM
LGBuffalo

I don't know that I've ever been as torn on a Bills pick as I am with this one. I would obviously love to see them grab a QB early, but I don't know if I want one in the first round. Barkley would be my QB of choice if they are going to get one at 8. The problem is that the top-rated players are ones the Bills don't need as badly at that position. Ideally, I would like to see them trade down and garner more picks, then take Barkley at their new spot. However, if they're going to stand pat at 8, I'll go with Tavon Austin because of his versatility.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBuffalo View Post
I don't know that I've ever been as torn on a Bills pick as I am with this one. I would obviously love to see them grab a QB early, but I don't know if I want one in the first round. Barkley would be my QB of choice if they are going to get one at 8. The problem is that the top-rated players are ones the Bills don't need as badly at that position. Ideally, I would like to see them trade down and garner more picks, then take Barkley at their new spot. However, if they're going to stand pat at 8, I'll go with Tavon Austin because of his versatility.
We're so damn desperate for talent at the QB position. We simply have to draft one with a top pick. I don't see any way around it, unfortunately. I'm only in favor of moving a few picks back (4-5 picks), and only if their pretty damned sure noone will grab their guy. I wouldn't risk it, personally.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:49 AM
WNY to NoVA

I think Patterson is who i'd like to see at #8 if they keep the pick

Old
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
HockeyHeaven8248

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Te'o has concerns about speed and therefore is getting a label as only being a 2 down LB. Jamie Collins may be a good pick and could be had in the 2nd or 3rd round.
he ran a 4.69 40 and a 4.2 shuttle i believe. Oh 7 Ints last season... Clearly not a liability in pass coverage

Old
04-25-2013, 10:09 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHeaven8248 View Post
he ran a 4.69 40 and a 4.2 shuttle i believe. Oh 7 Ints last season... Clearly not a liability in pass coverage
A 4.69 is very unimpressive for a LB these days. I don't put a ton of stock in INT numbers being a good indicator of pass coverage, it's much more complicated than that.

Not to mention ND plays a schedule full of cream-puffs every year.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Takeo

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 29m
The No. 1 overall player on the #Bills board? Tavon Austin. So... Would they trade that? Intrigue #NFLDraft

Old
04-25-2013, 10:40 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I never quite track this argument. There's no reason to compare the circumstances of Levitre's free agent year to a hypothetical expiring contract 5 years down the line. Also, according to the rookie wage scale, Warmack's contract at #8 would be about $3.5M annual average. Levitre is now making almost $8M per year. And I'm pretty confident that Warmack will be a better player.
You don't need to take a guard at 8th overall to find good talent at the position. Nix came right out and said he likes the guys they had, and pretty much signified they don't think it is a position of importance. This team needs playmakers and impact players at important positions. Taking a guard at 8 when they have no receivers besides Stevie, a weak linebacking corps, and no real long term option at QB would be asinine.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
You don't need to take a guard at 8th overall to find good talent at the position. Nix came right out and said he likes the guys they had, and pretty much signified they don't think it is a position of importance. This team needs playmakers and impact players at important positions. Taking a guard at 8 when they have no receivers besides Stevie, a weak linebacking corps, and no real long term option at QB would be asinine.
All valid points. But completely different points than your earlier post to which I responded.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:57 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBuffalo View Post
Agreed once again. On the surface, I would love to have Milliner and Gilmore on opposite sides of the ball. However, the injury history and the fact that he's not as much of a play-maker on the outside concern me. I know you don't need to be able to make plays to be a good cover CB necessarily, but Gilmore didn't show a whole lot of ball skills last year either. I would love to have a shut-down CB (Gilmore), and a guy on the other side with tremendous ball skills.
Grab the Honey Badger in a later round?

Which actually is an interesting question. How far would Mathieu have to fall for you to consider him? 3rd round? 4th? Not in any round?

Old
04-25-2013, 11:19 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
All valid points. But completely different points than your earlier post to which I responded.
The argument I made about the money was basically going hand in hand with those arguments I just didn't really come right out in say it. Basically I feel that if they weren't willing to pay Levitre big money I can't imagine they'd be willing to spend an 8th overall pick on a guard. I hope they don't because I think they need more help in other areas.

I saw someone mention they won't be able to anything on offense if they can't block. Well to counter that they won't be able to do anything on offense if they have bad QBs and no wide outs or threats in the passing game besides Stevie either.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
SundherDome
Get to the Draft!

I'd take him in the 3rd

Old
04-25-2013, 11:24 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 29m
The No. 1 overall player on the #Bills board? Tavon Austin. So... Would they trade that? Intrigue #NFLDraft
Meh...

Old
04-25-2013, 11:26 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Meh...
Evan Silva @evansilva

#Bills leak Tavon Austin is No. 1 player on their board on morning of draft for only one reason: They want to trade the pick.

That's an interesting thought.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Matt Martin
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
I mean, yeah, trading down a bit generally gets you more value in the long run.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
A 4.69 is very unimpressive for a LB these days. I don't put a ton of stock in INT numbers being a good indicator of pass coverage, it's much more complicated than that.

Not to mention ND plays a schedule full of cream-puffs every year.
Not true. They may not play a schedule like some of the SEC teams do, but ND beat two teams ranked in the top 10 last year and although teams like Miami, Michigan, Michigan St and USC had down years they are programs that historically have been damn good. I'm so sick of this myth that exists because people hate ND. I watch teams like Miami play D2 schools and teams like Oklahoma play UB nearly every year and no one talks about their "weak schedule". As far as T'eo is concerned he's a good all around LB in coverage and against the run. He was embarassed against Bama and had a poor combine though so he has certainly seen his stock drop significantly.

As far as the draft today the Tavon Austin pick is starting to grow on me. He's got the potential to be a game breaker and I think our offense could use more of those type of players for sure. I'd also be cool with Milliner or Jarvis Jones, just don't panic and take someone like Barkley or Nassib.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
Evan Silva @evansilva

#Bills leak Tavon Austin is No. 1 player on their board on morning of draft for only one reason: They want to trade the pick.

That's an interesting thought.
Weren't they supposed to have leaked interest in Barkley yesterday to throw the scent off Nassib?!? This stuff is too funny. I highly doubt these teams are actively engaged in misinformation campaigns. It's all media hype.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Remember last year Nix said they were responsible for the "Glenn is a guard not a tackle" rumors going around so that they could grab him in the 2nd.

Everything is a smokescreen until proven otherwise.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Eichel15
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to Eichel15
Never believe anything predraft. Ever.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM
WNY to NoVA

Quote:
Weren't they supposed to have leaked interest in Barkley yesterday to throw the scent off Nassib?!? This stuff is too funny. I highly doubt these teams are actively engaged in misinformation campaigns. It's all media hype.
i would be very surprised if teams WERE NOT involved in misinformation

Closed Thread