HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Foligno- Methot Trade In Hindsight

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
Nobody else has paid Manny what he wanted, (If I remember correctly Howson offered him $2mil), more then he's made anywhere else, and he signed for under $1 mil that year, which should tell you what other GMs thought of him.

Pahlsson wasn't worth what he paid him. But Manny wasn't worth that either. I liked him too, but he price himself out of town.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Nobody else has paid Manny what he wanted, (If I remember correctly Howson offered him $2mil), more then he's made anywhere else, and he signed for under $1 mil that year, which should tell you what other GMs thought of him.

Pahlsson wasn't worth what he paid him. But Manny wasn't worth that either. I liked him too, but he price himself out of town.
Very fair post ... I can't disagree with anything you said here.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:52 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

The only thing I can think of with this Manny Talk is that he still remains, along with Andrew Cassels, the best option we ever had for centering Rick Nash for ten years....

Old
03-30-2013, 09:42 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

NEW THREAD:

Should we have taken Nabokov instead of Jan Caloun from the Sharks in the 2000 Entry Draft?

EDIT:
Dammit DSL, why is the Foligno Methot Trade in Hindsight OKAY for a thread
but not the scintillating Calhoun for Nabokov in Hindsight trade??

Old
03-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Malhotra was the best option we had at that time. Which doesn't say much about those options.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
If I remember correctly, Manny asked for a multi-year deal at $3ish million per year. Howson wasn't even in the neighborhood, so Manny walked, and then we brought in Pahlsson at $3ish million a year.

Then it was too late in the summer for Manny to get a deal like that, but San Jose made him an implicit promise of a deal in the following summer and gave him a one year sub $1million contract. I don't know if it was Manny or San Jose who backed out of that, but the next summer he signed the multi-year $2.5 million deal in Vancouver. Both San Jose and Vancouver fans had very good reports about Manny. Until he got injured he was a good third line center, far more productive than Pahlsson. Definitely a screw up on Howson's part.
Not just good. He was a beast, one of the best. He was the one who took the tough defensive matchups that allowed Sedin's to take 70%+ off. zone starts and Kesler be at 50%. Thus allowing Kesler to chip in more offensively and score those 40 goals.

In 10/11 even though he had the highest Corsi Rel QoC of Vancouver centers by far, 25% off. zone starts when Manny was on ice Van allowed the least goals. Almost 0.7/60 less compared to Henrik. And he did this all by taking less penalties than he drew and least of all Canuck C's.

That injury was really sad. He was one of the best defensive players before it.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
NEW THREAD:

Should we have taken Nabokov instead of Jan Caloun from the Sharks in the 2000 Entry Draft?

EDIT:
Dammit DSL, why is the Foligno Methot Trade in Hindsight OKAY for a thread
but not the scintillating Calhoun for Nabokov in Hindsight trade??
Note:
JFan advocates shutting down discussion.

Closed Thread