HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Carey Price Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
  #401
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
yeah... first place...
Keep your head in the sand.

aingaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
  #402
theschwab13
Registered User
 
theschwab13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Just chill.
-Carey Price.
But seriously he has had a rough few games, but I know he will get back on track. Everyone has their sumps, but everyone around here jumps the gun waaaay too quick. When Quick was playing horribly at the beginning of the year, did the kings want to get rid of him and say that Bernier is better? No. So stop with the Budaj is better bull**** because you guys are just wrong. There is no controversy here with Price, all of you here are convincing yourselves there is. We play well and win, and it's all happy go lucky around here, but when we lose, it's always on one player. Price is a top goalie in this league, everyone needs to lay off the haterade.

theschwab13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
  #403
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,648
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Since this thread was started, Carey Price's game has gone to ****.

Bad luck. Bad ju ju. Karma. Whatever you want to call it.

The OP has jinxed Price really really bad.

This thread needs to be deleted and we can all bash Price on the PGT.

And I am being serious. Things were going great for Price until this thread was started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We can discuss Price all you want.

Check the date that this post was started. And then look at Price's stats since.......

Sport is all about superstitions. Every athlete will admit to it.
I can't believe someone thinks an online thread is the reason Price is doing bad


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-05-2013 at 09:14 PM.
ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
  #404
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
Keep your head in the sand.
keep your head in the sand I said 1000x times that price had an awful game

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
  #405
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 1549
Price has had some terrible performances lately but he's a competitor and he will rebound.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
  #406
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Actually I blame Et le But for it. He closed the Pittsburgh gt thread early and started a second one then we lost... it's all his fault.
I agree completely.

(For the record I didn't close it early, we were well over the limit, but the 2nd part kept getting 503'd. )

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
  #407
simplysincere*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
They should ride Budaj for the next 3 games.

simplysincere* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
  #408
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
keep your head in the sand I said 1000x times that price had an awful game
Not a question of this game...He has not been GOOD...not a 6.5 million dollar man
Hes been tired, slow, uninterested since he has been sick..He is not the reason we have won the games hes been in. He has not stole a pt for us this year.

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
  #409
KadoCH
Registered User
 
KadoCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
I don't get all the love for Budaj right now.

Price had two bad games, In the 5 before this he had a 1.59 GAA and a .930 sv%

It's not like Price is in some prolonged slump or anything its just a 2 game funk. Anyone who thinks other wise is lost.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
  #410
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,635
vCash: 500
Every since there was talk of him being the starter for team Canada, it seems to have gone to his head.

I'm not terribly worried but he needs to get his head right and start stopping the ****ing puck!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
  #411
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66 View Post
Not a question of this game...He has not been GOOD...not a 6.5 million dollar man
Hes been tire, slow, uninterested since he has been sick..He is not the reason we have won the games hes been in. He has not stole a pt for us this year.
you are right, but I still think all the fefan who wants him out and calling him an awful goalie are stupid

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
  #412
Bask
Embellishing User
 
Bask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
you are right, but I still think all the fefan who wants him out and calling him an awful goalie are stupid
he played a bad game, who cares if we're first in the east, he's the worst goalie in the league right now

Bask is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #413
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
you are right, but I still think all the fefan who wants him out and calling him an awful goalie are stupid
Never said he was awful...I still believe in him...I believe hes top 3 in the league...my whole point over the last week is that something aint right with him

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #414
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Folks on HNIC were saying he was probably the leader. GAA under 2, great save percentage, led the league in wins and logs more games than anyone. Absolutely he had a great shot at the Vezina.

And then...
I personally disagree. I felt Price had been average leading up to now. He had not stolen any games and had dropped 2 points for us up until the Pittsburgh game. Now, it's more like 5 pts he has dropped for us this year without stealing any. Regardless of what the clowns say at HNIC, I disagree that he was in the running for the vezina.

With Diaz in the lineup we were protecting Price really well, but now we lost a player who had become a big part of our D since the beginning of the season and every mistakes end up in the net, just like it did before except we were making a lot fewer mistakes.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  #415
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 735
rotate em till Price takes the job back. Little competition is good but we never seem to challenge Carey. Always his job to lose.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  #416
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberPucky View Post
He was not top 10 prior to Pittsburgh, I check the stats daily on NHL.com. I just went through every post in this thread, and found no truth to your comment. Unless you can prove me wrong with proof of that post (because I must be blind), then I stand correctly that Price was not Top 10, even before the match against Pittsburgh.
Sure, here you go. He was 8th with a save percentage of .924:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=238


You can check out the other comparisons of him over the years in the subsequent posts where he's top five over the past few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree completely.

(For the record I didn't close it early, we were well over the limit, but the 2nd part kept getting 503'd. )
Rookie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberPucky View Post
They should ride Budaj for the next 3 games.
Hell, let's trade Price and ride Budaj for the rest of the year. After all he did beat the Bruins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Every since there was talk of him being the starter for team Canada, it seems to have gone to his head.

I'm not terribly worried but he needs to get his head right and start stopping the ****ing puck!
There's been talk of him starting for Canada for the past two years...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  #417
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I personally disagree. I felt Price had been average leading up to now. He had not stolen any games and had dropped 2 points for us up until the Pittsburgh game. Now, it's more like 5 pts he has dropped for us this year without stealing any. Regardless of what the clowns say at HNIC, I disagree that he was in the running for the vezina.

With Diaz in the lineup we were protecting Price really well, but now we lost a player who had become a big part of our D since the beginning of the season and every mistakes end up in the net, just like it did before except we were making a lot fewer mistakes.
His stats were definitely Vezina quality. GAA under two, leading the league in wins and playing a ton of hockey. His stats were worthy of consideration for sure. There's no disputing that.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  #418
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66 View Post
Never said he was awful...I still believe in him...I believe hes top 3 in the league...my whole point over the last week is that something aint right with him
I'm not aiming at you don't worry. There is something wrong with him right now.

It will be fixed and we will move on.

Every game there's 20-30 posters just waiting for a loss to jump on him, every goal, every movement and I find it extremely stupid and irritating.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
  #419
durojean
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Shocking considering two days ago it was among the best and he was probably the Vezina front runner.
Playing in front of a team that allowed 20 shot per game and that didn't make any turnover.

Prices good stretches since he's a hab. His 1st season as a back up and 1 quarter of a season in the end. Choked in the playoff. The year after he had some ups but a lot more down and Halak stole his spot at the end of the season and the playoff. Halak had a great run. The year after, Halak is traded and Price have his best season. Have some bad stretches but more good time. It's that year that the guy attain the statut of god and becomes untouchable and the best goalie in the history of the universe. Now let's talk about last year... Ah, let's not talk about last year we finished last and Price didn't help.

This year... Price played well enough at the beginning of the season but let's be honest he had it fairly easy because his team was flawless in front of him. Now it's more difficult for the d in the last let's say 2 games he played ( he completely choked in Ottawa) and Price really doesn't seem up for the challenge and his weaknesses are exposed.

Result: as a #1 goaltender, Price as maybe a full good season on 3 and he never lost his tendency to choke when the game is really on the line.

Price cost his team more game than he steal for them.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #420
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
His stats were definitely Vezina quality. GAA under two, leading the league in wins and playing a ton of hockey. His stats were worthy of consideration for sure. There's no disputing that.
His stats were a reflection of the good play of the team, nothing more.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #421
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
rotate em till Price takes the job back. Little competition is good but we never seem to challenge Carey. Always his job to lose.
Worked great a few seasons ago when it was Halak and Price. Price getting second place after Halak... Yea, that's what we want. I'm all for starting Budaj next game again. But let's not make it a Budaj vs Price thing where our star goalie has to fight back for his job. Price played well this season except for his last 2-3 games. Let's not over react here.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #422
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,034
vCash: 500
Stop talking about deleting the thread, stop flaming posters (attack their posts not the person themselves), and stop baiting/trolling our own posters.

Price is not worse than DiPietro. This thread is going nowhere. And everyone on this forum has a right to their opinion.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
  #423
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Really want Price to bounce back.

He has so much raw ability, but man, the mental side of the game is really kicking his a$$ right now.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
  #424
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
In his last 10 games :

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...22013&view=log
Mar 5 '13 MTL @ NYI L 5 23 18 .783 0 0 59:19 3 2 0 1
Mar 2 '13 PIT @ MTL O 7 36 29 .806 0 0 60:52 6 1 0 0
Feb 27 '13 MTL @ TOR W 2 23 21 .913 0 0 59:57 2 0 0 0
Feb 25 '13 MTL @ OTT O 1 24 23 .958 0 0 65:00 1 0 0 0
Feb 23 '13 NYR @ MTL W 0 17 17 1.000 1 0 60:00 0 0 0 0
Feb 21 '13 NYI @ MTL O 4 25 21 .840 0 0 63:12 2 2 0 0
Feb 19 '13 MTL @ NYR W 1 25 24 .960 0 0 60:00 1 0 0 0
Feb 14 '13 MTL @ FLA W 0 26 26 1.000 1 0 62:10 0 0 0 0
Feb 12 '13 MTL @ TBL W 3 24 21 .875 0 0 64:55 2 1 0 0
Feb 9 '13 TOR @ MTL L 6 28 22 .786 0 0 60:00 4 2 0 0

About 4 or 5 of them have been subpar.

And remember the team has been great... you can see how few shots he faced and the team in front of him was dominant most of those games.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  #425
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
In his last 10 games :

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...22013&view=log
Mar 5 '13 MTL @ NYI L 5 23 18 .783 0 0 59:19 3 2 0 1
Mar 2 '13 PIT @ MTL O 7 36 29 .806 0 0 60:52 6 1 0 0
Feb 27 '13 MTL @ TOR W 2 23 21 .913 0 0 59:57 2 0 0 0
Feb 25 '13 MTL @ OTT O 1 24 23 .958 0 0 65:00 1 0 0 0
Feb 23 '13 NYR @ MTL W 0 17 17 1.000 1 0 60:00 0 0 0 0
Feb 21 '13 NYI @ MTL O 4 25 21 .840 0 0 63:12 2 2 0 0
Feb 19 '13 MTL @ NYR W 1 25 24 .960 0 0 60:00 1 0 0 0
Feb 14 '13 MTL @ FLA W 0 26 26 1.000 1 0 62:10 0 0 0 0
Feb 12 '13 MTL @ TBL W 3 24 21 .875 0 0 64:55 2 1 0 0
Feb 9 '13 TOR @ MTL L 6 28 22 .786 0 0 60:00 4 2 0 0

About 4 or 5 of them have been subpar.

And remember the team has been great... you can see how few shots he faced and the team in front of him was dominant most of those games.
Ouch

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.