HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's not time to Panic

Old
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
It's not time to Panic

Looking at the main board it seems like some of our fellow fans are in panic mode. We are not trading Shattenkirk for a top pairing LH defenseman. Shattenkirk had been better then Pietrangelo this season.

Also when ever you hint on the main board a player may be available you automatically invite people to offer crap we don't have any interest in.

IMO Shattenkirk is 100% off limit. Perron is off limit unless we get a similar aged and talented player that either plays left defense or center.

Our teams has a lot of injuries right now. Backes and Pietrangelo both have not been playing as well as they should be.

To be honest I think Pietrangelo is more of the problem then his partners have been this season. I think he is trying to get points to hard maybe it's because it's a contract year and he knows points are often looked at more then defensive play in things like Norris voting. More points for Pietrangelo will most likely equal more money.

Like has been speculated Backes is most likely injured and palying through it.

Once our team is healthy and Pietrangelo actually plays like he can we will be fine. We also had the stretch of awful goaltending. I personally think Hitchcock is as much to blame as anyone. Our team is not playing the same way we did last season. Hitchcock needs to get this team settled done and playing the Blues hockey last season that made us so good.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
You'll be disappointed when he doesn't move Shattenkirk.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 03-01-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: qdp
BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:23 PM
HockeyGuy73

vCash: 0
May not be time to panic, but it is very much time to address key issues.

HockeyGuy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:29 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Definitely not panic time yet, but I could see a shake up move coming if we dont start playing better, not necessarily a huge move just something to wake everyone up.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
You'll be disappointed when he doesn't move Shattenkirk.
Not at all. i am actaully hoping we sign him to a bridge deal somewhere around 3.5-4 for a couple of years. I have nothing against Shatty, but he has the most value right now, and if we could get a true left handed number 2 i would move him. Being a budget team means you have to maximize your assets.

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:39 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
On the plus side, people have been going "full retard" lately...It's pretty funny.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Mike Liut

I'm sure the Kings fans were in panic mode when they were fighting for the 8th seed. How'd that workout?

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I'm sure the Kings fans were in panic mode when they were fighting for the 8th seed. How'd that workout?
They did trade jack Johnson for Carter.

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM
STEVIE RAY BLUES

It may not be time to panic but if I listen to one more Hitchcock interview where he tells us they are "Fine" I'm gonna scream. With a crowd like that ready to explode with any sign of life from your team at all and the boys cant even score a goal let alone have a serious shot at winning? I gotta be honest I would like to see a little of the old Hitchcock lighting somebody up on the bench. Maybe let stewart know it really is ok to hit somebody in the corner, or remind bergland that goals are scored from the center of the ice most of the time. Or maybe remind russell that all his speed going the wrong damn direction doesn't add up to much. Maybe have a little chat with the forwards about playing a 200ft game again. Mostly just put his foot in some ***** instead of patting this team on the butt and telling all of us they are "Fine". As it stands right now they are not "Fine" they are embarrassing. Blues fans have wholeheartedly stood behind this team game after game. To give them a show like that last night or the effort in the last 7 games at home for that matter is just pathetic. I would love it if Armstrong made a trip down to the locker room and told them all they were on the block if they ever give the fans in this town another joke of an effort like last night. Maybe the few of us who can afford tickets should stay home for awhile. There I feel better now.

Last edited by STEVIE RAY BLUES: 03-01-2013 at 03:11 PM.
STEVIE RAY BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIE RAY BLUES View Post
It may not be time to panic but if I listen to one more Hitchcock interview where he tells us they are "Fine" I'm gonna scream. With a crowd like that ready to explode with any sign of life from your team at all and the boys cant even score a goal let alone have a serious shot at winning? I gotta be honest I would like to see a little of the old Hitchcock lighting somebody up on the bench. Maybe let stewart know it really is ok to hit somebody in the corner, or remind bergland that goals are scored from the center of the ice most of the time. Or maybe remind russell that all his speed going the wrong damn direction doesn't add up to much. Maybe have a little chat with the forwards about playing a 200ft game again. Mostly just put his foot in some ***** instead of patting this team on the butt and telling all of us they are "Fine". As it stands right now they are not "Fine" they are embarrassing. Blues fans have wholeheartedly stood behind this team game after game. To give them a show like that last night or the effort in the last 7 games at home for that matter is just pathetic. I would love it if Armstrong made a trip down to the locker room and told them all they were on the block if they ever give the fans in this town another joke of an effort like last night. Maybe the few of us who can afford tickets should stay home for awhile. There I feel better now.
You took the words right out of my mouth, this team is not showing us anything right now and something needs to be done about it. I'm not saying blow up the team but maybe a trade or two is what these guys need to remind them that effort is a must when playing in front of the home crowd.

Last edited by Oshie97: 03-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth, this team is not showing us anything right now and something needs to be done about it. I'm not saying blow up the team but maybe a trade or two is what these guys need to remind them that effort is a must when playing in front of the home crowd.
I personally don't think Hitchcock is doing a good job of getting this team ready to play. He needs to hold the players accountable and start benching players that are not playing well. I know we have a lot of injuries but hell call up all of Peoria to send a message to this team that their current effort is not good enough. I am more into Hitchcock sending a message through benching or practices to let the team know before we make moves. I would have worked the team to death on their 4 game break personally. Maybe he did and that is what led to Mac and Steen's injuries.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:12 PM
oPlaiD

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/2/25/pdo-...hl-team-feb-25

Blues have been one of the unluckiest teams in the league in terms of pucks going in the net and pucks going in their own net. Not going to stay that way.

No one would even notice most of the things people are complaining about if a couple more pucks went in the net, and they will the way the Blues generate shots.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Mike Liut

Blues give up WAY too many odd man rushes

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:01 AM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 1111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Looking at the main board it seems like some of our fellow fans are in panic mode. We are not trading Shattenkirk for a top pairing LH defenseman. Shattenkirk had been better then Pietrangelo this season.

Also when ever you hint on the main board a player may be available you automatically invite people to offer crap we don't have any interest in.

IMO Shattenkirk is 100% off limit. Perron is off limit unless we get a similar aged and talented player that either plays left defense or center.

Our teams has a lot of injuries right now. Backes and Pietrangelo both have not been playing as well as they should be.

To be honest I think Pietrangelo is more of the problem then his partners have been this season. I think he is trying to get points to hard maybe it's because it's a contract year and he knows points are often looked at more then defensive play in things like Norris voting. More points for Pietrangelo will most likely equal more money.

Once our team is healthy and Pietrangelo actually plays like he can we will be fine. We also had the stretch of awful goaltending. I personally think Hitchcock is as much to blame as anyone. Our team is not playing the same way we did last season. Hitchcock needs to get this team settled done and playing the Blues hockey last season that made us so good.
I think Pietrangelo is just trying to get to the next level and he's experiencing some growing pains, but this okay because you often learn more from your mistakes than you do from your successes.

I liked to think that the potential great ones aren’t really money motivated as one would think because they’re smart enough to know the money will be there sooner than later. I think this is at least true for the modest ones so that would exclude most basketball, baseball and football players. That is what really separates hockey from the other sports in North America.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:28 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post

Well said. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

No, it's not time to panic, not even close. Blues have the 3 most wins in the Western Conference, although only 4 points seperate being 12th like the Oilers are, and 4th, that the Blues occupy. And the 'note have played very well on the road, and the longest road trip of the season, 5 games starts tomorrow night in Dallas Just no regulation losses, that was a problem in February.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Alklha

I don't think the problem with Pietrangelo is about points, but rather just trying to do too much. Not worried at all about him, but hope he sorts it out in the next half dozen or so games rather than the next 30...

We need to do something though, irrespective of injuries. We have issues on LHD and C that aren't limited to how we are currently playing, and attempting to address them could be the shake up we need.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
rrude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I don't think the problem with Pietrangelo is about points, but rather just trying to do too much.
Yeah, I think the a big problem with several players--Steen, Perron, come to mind--all season has been trying to make nifty big plays instead of the smaller ones that contributed to overall success last season.

I thought two years ago the Blues were imbalanced in that they didn't have a good mix of vets and kids. Last season they added some vets to the mix, this season they have replaced most of those slots with rookies.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but I still feel like we could use some more experienced players and I don't think having the younger players police themselves is working.

rrude is offline   Reply With Quote