HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Honestly, in all the games i've watched this season Getzlaf looked way better than Perry. Getzlaf is the one making the plays, cycling the puck, etc. Perry is just... there.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Perry will go to free agency. You have to be insane to trade the farm for a few months of his service.

I don't think Avs can sign him as a UFA either without us losing 2-3 players we don't want to lose. An Eastern team will surely give him $8M+/year.
Yep...it's a foregone conclusion. He'll get traded as a rental and sign in the East in the summer.

I'm gonna say, Toronto or Detroit.

Last edited by Frenchy: 03-08-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: dont change the names
Old
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Honestly, in all the games i've watched this season Getzlaf looked way better than Perry. Getzlaf is the one making the plays, cycling the puck, etc. Perry is just... there.
Right...this is a guy who's just "there."

Getzlaf is one of the better centers in the league, but Perry is one of the better players in the league, period.

That all said, the Ducks made the right choice since it looks like Perry is going to test the market no matter what.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
As the old saying goes... you have to give to get. Giving up a low grade #2C for a guy that has been a #1C (isn't now but was a few years ago) it is going to cost. If you look at it in that case, a 1st is pretty much a steal for the Blues (I'm not saying the value is that far off, just saying the cost of the upgrade is cheap). I can get why Blues' fans are reluctant. Berglund has some good untapped potential, but he is now 24 and what you see is probably what you are going to get. If the Blues want to improve their team they need to pay to get a #1C and a top pairing LD.

Swapping Berglund + extras (Avs would want a prospect that is close, Blues would want to give a pick) for Stastny really makes too much sense for the Blues. It gives the Blues chances at two runs with Stastny and he would probably re-sign cheaply. It better distributes their centers, and there is some proven chemistry.

The Blues' window is large compared to most teams, but the next two-three years are their best shot IMO. They have cap/budget space to add now and make a run, that will go away in the next 1-3 years with some big raises coming up. If I am Armstrong, I am doing everything I can to make a solid run this year to get more playoff experience with a goal of trying to win the Cup next season or at worst the season following. That is their big window and they have to take advantage of it before the lower teams finish their rebuild and while the current teams at the top start to crumble away.
I understand, but also from a. Non-fan standpoint every GM in the NHL know that Staz will be available and whole already on a bad contract they know the Avs are forced to move him netting a lower return than Staz would on a normal day. If Jordan Staal didn't brig that much back in a trade I doubt Staz will be receiving anymore than him.

But I totally agree that 2years of Staz is worth the extra 4 mil, even if he doesn't resign. And as for the poster above the quoted posted. We would likely trade Berglund for Staz so that's one contract we wouldn't worry about, McDonald is just too injury prone and we have a lot of up and coming winger prospects that can take his place. I don't see him being resigned and neither do many Blues fans. It all depends on how much the owner wants to put into this team.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:46 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I understand, but also from a. Non-fan standpoint every GM in the NHL know that Staz will be available and whole already on a bad contract they know the Avs are forced to move him netting a lower return than Staz would on a normal day. If Jordan Staal didn't brig that much back in a trade I doubt Staz will be receiving anymore than him.

But I totally agree that 2years of Staz is worth the extra 4 mil, even if he doesn't resign. And as for the poster above the quoted posted. We would likely trade Berglund for Staz so that's one contract we wouldn't worry about, McDonald is just too injury prone and we have a lot of up and coming winger prospects that can take his place. I don't see him being resigned and neither do many Blues fans. It all depends on how much the owner wants to put into this team.
The issue really is that Avs aren't forced to move him. They can easily keep him next year and let him play out his contract. Maybe if the Avs decide ROR is the guy they will be forced to trade him by the next deadline. As of now they can hold on to him, easily fit under the cap, and have nearly enough wingers to run 3 lines when healthy. Basically, if you want him you will have to pay, especially for this season.

I'll say this when it comes to the Jordan Staal deal:

Sutter + Dumoulin (future top 4 D) + 8th pick has way, way more value than Berglund + late 1st/Rattie/Schmaltz

The owner is the big question when it comes to the Blues. They have a team that can win a cup this year and for the next few, if the owners are willing to put up a bit of money.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:05 PM
AslanRH
What do I know?

Although I do not like the idea, nor am I trying to start a war over the ethics of such things....
Supposing that teams do start offer sheeting players more often, I can see a few players that may fill the holes in the 2013-2014 lineup.
Question is, how high an offer would you be willing to give to get these players if the opportunity was there?

Kadri
Korpikoski
Boedker
Henrique

Ekman-Larsson
McDohagh
Alzner
Josi

Others?

Old
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Although I do not like the idea, nor am I trying to start a war over the ethics of such things....
Supposing that teams do start offer sheeting players more often, I can see a few players that may fill the holes in the 2013-2014 lineup.
Question is, how high an offer would you be willing to give to get these players if the opportunity was there?

Kadri
Korpikoski
Boedker
Henrique

Ekman-Larsson
McDohagh
Alzner
Josi

Others?
OEL and McD are the only two really worth the risk.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:26 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 2000
I'd go thru the roof on an offer sheet for OEL.

4 years - $28m

Old
03-08-2013, 04:27 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick3518 View Post
I'd go thru the roof on an offer sheet for OEL.
Bettman would be maaaaad haha.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:31 PM
henchman24
If and if...

I'd go up to 6.7 for OEL. That way we only give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. $9m signing bonus is where I would start. Phoenix might have some trouble matching it, but we would have to get our RFAs signed quickly afterwards.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'd go up to 6.7 for OEL. That way we only give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. $9m signing bonus is where I would start. Phoenix might have some trouble matching it, but we would have to get our RFAs signed quickly afterwards.
Masterplan. OEL is in the running for Norris this season though, we will have some competition.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
MikeC

Is Barrie untouchable or not?

I would say that Barrie ''can be traded'' but it will take an overpayment by the other team.

Statsny + Barrie >>>> Yandle... To include Barrie in a trade, a guy like OEL has to be involved but, in my book, OEL is an untouchable. So Barrie stays here.

Concerning Statsny, the Blues is a team that has a lot to offer, the have some young players that have good potential and that can help us: Jaden Schwatz, Ian Cole, Patrick Berglund ... their first.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Ceremony
I Could Fall Asleep

I'd quite like to see one of our PMD prospects play more than a season before we start questioning trading them, personally.

03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Foppa2118
Fire Walk With Roy

I love that there's almost no NHL defenseman worth trading Tyson Barrie for. He's only available for the elite generational defenseman in the league.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I love that there's almost no NHL defenseman worth trading Tyson Barrie for. He's only available for the elite generational defenseman in the league.
What is the point of moving him before seeing what potential he has. These last 10 games have shown that he can be much more then just a 2nd line OFD.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:34 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
What is the point of moving him before seeing what potential he has. These last 10 games have shown that he can be much more then just a 2nd line OFD.
If we could get something very good back, then it would be a good idea to move him. But nobody wants to give him up of course. But he has some trade value and is therefore easy to put in to some trade proposals.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
I think we're just saying we don't want to see another young defensive prospect moved unless the return is something stupid good.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:52 PM
AslanRH
What do I know?

Bobby Ryan may be available if Perry chooses to stay with Getz. Imagine it would be a draft day deal, but may be worth pursuing. I'd probably be ok if Barrie went in a package for a player like that, but of course it depends on the + that goes with him.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Barrie isn't untouchable (neither is Landeskog). But I don't understand why some Avs fans have started with the "Wonder what we can get for Barrie" stuff when he's only played 25 games in the NHL and looked damned good playing them.

There is every reason to want to hang on to Tyson Barrie.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 8400
Not to mention, the reason Colorado traded Shattenkirk was because they had both Elliot and Barrie. Dumping one before they can even show anything, especially without having a PMD on the team, would be beyond stupid.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:59 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I don't think anyone is saying that, I think people would rather keep him and see what he's capable of. The board flipped its **** when Shattenkirk was traded, people still complain about it. Why go down that route again?

Old
03-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

How the hell did Getzlaf get $8.25M/yr?

Holy ****

Old
03-08-2013, 06:12 PM
MikeC

Quote:

the problem is that some people are opened to trade Stastny + and the + is Barrie. So to trade Stastny + Barrie we need to receive an impact player.

Nothing against a guy like Yandle or MDZ but with the way Barrie is playing right now, I would need better than Yandle or MDZ.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Holy ****
New CBA man. You can no longer make the cap hit lower "than it really is" add to that, he is a pending UFA and Ducks are in danger of losing their two best players to free agency. Talk about leverage for Getzlaf and his agent.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Holy ****
The cap will be $75M in three-four years and the cap hit won't be that bad. But next year with a $64M cap, it will be significant.

Closed Thread