HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Traded Stastny and a 4th for Roman Josi, Colin Wilson and Austin Watson in a Mock GM game. What do you all think of that return? Personally I think Josi is already heading towards being a #1D defensively, and has shown bursts of offensive talent. Wilson is finally breaking out, and could be a long term solution on RW, and Watson (if he develops correctly) would be perfect for the 3C.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Traded Stastny and a 4th for Roman Josi, Colin Wilson and Austin Watson in a Mock GM game. What do you all think of that return? Personally I think Josi is already heading towards being a #1D defensively, and has shown bursts of offensive talent. Wilson is finally breaking out, and could be a long term solution on RW, and Watson (if he develops correctly) would be perfect for the 3C.
I'm not sure if I would be thrilled about it, but it does solve some of our issues. I don't think there is a chance Nashville deals Josi though.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
I personally think it's a great trade.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Old
03-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Josi will be a clear cut #1 defenseman when all is said and done, I don't see why Preds would trade him in a deal for a guy like Stastny.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:04 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Josi will be a clear cut #1 defenseman when all is said and done, I don't see why Preds would trade him in a deal for a guy like Stastny.
They desperately need a #1C, and they have Weber as a #1D. At least this is the logic behind it.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
They desperately need a #1C, and they have Weber as a #1D. At least this is the logic behind it.
Yes Paul would be their 1st line center, but why would they trade a 22 year old d-man who looks to be developing into a stud for a guy who's signed for only 1.5 seasons? Weber, Josi and Rinne will be the backbone of their team for years to come and I doubt they're willing to tinker with that.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yes Paul would be their 1st line center, but why would they trade a 22 year old d-man who looks to be developing into a stud for a guy who's signed for only 1.5 seasons? Weber, Josi and Rinne will be the backbone of their team for years to come and I doubt they're willing to tinker with that.
I don't see the Preds being interested in Stastny. Just not their type of player. They love fast, gritty, north-south players, Stastny is definitely not that. I could actually see them being interested in David Jones, however.

But I agree, if a trade happens between the Preds and Avs, it won't involve Josi. If they had succeeded in retaining Suter, maybe, but not now.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Bubba Thudd
Committed

vCash: 6200
Quote:
I like it. Make it happen!

Old
03-13-2013, 04:09 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Traded Stastny and a 4th for , and Austin Watson in a Mock GM game. What do you all think of that return? Personally I think Josi is already heading towards being a #1D defensively, and has shown bursts of offensive talent. Wilson is finally breaking out, and could be a long term solution on RW, and Watson (if he develops correctly) would be perfect for the 3C.
This is a one way trade. Nashville is getting %/$/"" here. Avs would have to add.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Kelly for Boston has a broken tibia... about a ~10-12 week injury. They might need to find a cheaper replacement in the bottom 6 now. Kobasew to Boston?

Old
03-13-2013, 04:29 PM
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Kelly for Boston has a broken tibia... about a ~10-12 week injury. They might need to find a cheaper replacement in the bottom 6 now. Kobasew to Boston?
Hopefully we can give them back their former d-men Hunwick and Zanon as well.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Hearing OTT about to sign Portland Winterhawk overage UFA defenceman Troy Rutkowski to entry-level deal. Originally drafted by COL in 2010.

Can't wait for the reaction on this board if he actually makes it to the NHL and does well.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
We'd be lucky to get just Josi and Watson, which might be fair today but they likely lose within a year.

Josi is great and I personally am really high on Watson.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:49 PM
avsfan89

in my GMC i did:

Stastny + Downie
for

Hedman + Malone

the pairing of Johnson - Hedman was UNREAL

Old
03-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Are the mods gonna make a new Greg Sherman thread?

Old
03-13-2013, 06:33 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Hearing OTT about to sign Portland Winterhawk overage UFA defenceman Troy Rutkowski to entry-level deal. Originally drafted by COL in 2010.

Can't wait for the reaction on this board if he actually makes it to the NHL and does well.
I labelled him another version of Hunwick, which he is. Probably tougher player, but isn't as good of a skater compared to our Hunnybun.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Foppa is the one who made that whole opening post and keeps it up to date. I think we should wait until he makes another one.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Having a sticky revisit-EJ-trade thread might be useful for therapeutic reasons, but it was a tedious read as are most conspiracy posts regarding Sherman-Lacroix-Sacco. But I guess it might be good to quarantine those things so they don't spread.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Apparently Nucks fans would love a Ballard + 4th for Malkin and O'Byrne. That would be awesome.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Apparently Nucks fans would love a Ballard + 4th for Malkin and O'Byrne. That would be awesome.
I'd rather keep Johnny Malkin at this point. Wouldn't mind Ballard though.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:36 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Yeah, we could get Ballard for cheaper than that. Cap dump. They need to dump him.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Ewwwwww

Hate that for the Avs. Malkin is one of the few bright spots to this team this year. Playing extremely well and that shot of his is quite underrated.

Obyrne for Ballard I would do, everything else is unnecessary extras.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:08 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

I tend to think Malkin's been playing over his head a little. I like the guy as a third liner, but with Radar back we've had to move him to the wing where he hasn't been as good. Still a quality winger, but I think he's expendable because the upgrade from guys like Olver and Sgar to him isn't that big and his future with the team is still murkey. Ballard could be an adequate EJ partner if it works out right who eventually moves down into Hejda's spot on the second pairing when we get someone better. I'd be all for getting him for less, but I wouldn't mind it if it takes Malkin, especially if we ditch O'Byrne in the process.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Ballard has 16 points in 147 games as a Canuck, a top team in the league. It goes way beyond not being used properly when it comes to him. I don't trust Florida Panther offensive numbers. Their players tend to drop off when traded (Jokinen, JBo, Booth, Frolik and possibly Garrison) and given less juicy minutes.

At two more years @ $4.2M/year, there is no reason for Avs to help Canucks avoid cap squeeze. They have 14 players signed with a $60.4M cap hit next season and the cap will be $64M.

I'm all for getting something for O'Byrne but I'd rather get a 3rd round pick than help Vancouver.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
AvsFanRCN

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Oh I'd be choked, I was hoping they would keep him around for a couple more years, the kid is doing great right now...

Closed Thread