HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2013, 08:43 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Tavares contract was a 2nd contract after a 67 point season. Duchene's will be a 3rd contract that eats more UFA years and will come after a more productive season (if he continues his current level of play)

Tavares himself wouldn't have signed that same contract again if he had waited till the end of his ELC to extend, they have him at a bargain right now.

Duchene will get paid. He may not want to hold out, go to Russia, have his father attack the team, or cause a media ****fit to get the money he wants, but he won't need to - Avs will offer him market value or a bit lower and he'll accept.

EDIT: To put things another way, who other than Radulov has conducted themselves the way O'reilly did? Not wanting to do what O'reilly did doesn't mean he wants to be underpaid by 1-2 million.
I guess we'll see, hopefully it's this off-season.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:50 PM
the_fan

Stastny for Yandle

Get it done!

Old
03-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Dater says that Winnipeg, Carolina and Washington where scouting us yesterday. He says that Winnipeg is looking for a forward, Carolina for a dman and the caps for both.
I said it earlier in the season, but Carolina fans have been wanting a big physical defensive defenseman that plays on the right all year, and were receptive to an O'Byrne for Jamie McBain swap.

McBain's another righty, and probably wouldn't be a great partner for EJ, but it's a good swap IMO if Carolina itself is interested. He's got a great slapper and one timer that he can really wire without taking much of any backswing.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
I think someone out there would probably be willing to take Hejduk for a mid range pick.
Hejduk doesn't want to go anywhere. He wants to retire an Av, and has a no movement clause. I don't think Sherman would trade him anyway. He's about 99% gonna retire an Av at the end of the year.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Iceberg*
IWantRoyAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Coyotes extend OEL. 6 years, $33 million.
And somewhere Sherman is shaking his head in disbelief... how a 21 YO gets that kind of contract? They should have signed him to a bridge contract.

And Phoenix didn't have to deal with a holdout or an offer sheet... what a bunch of incompetent.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:31 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't see the Avs trading Stastny before they extend RoR's contract (which can't happen before July 1st) unless they have a verbal agreement with RoR on an extnesion.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
I can't see the Avs trading Stastny before they extend RoR's contract (which can't happen before July 1st) unless they have a verbal agreement with RoR on an extnesion.
If the Avs can somehow find a way to get Staz and O'Reilly around $5M long term it would be awesome. I crunched the numbers a while ago, and even with all the potential raises coming up, and adding some other $5M range players like a winger and top pairing D, they'd be able to manage all that after the cap likely goes up to $72M+ in 2014-15.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:21 PM
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
If the Avs can somehow find a way to get Staz and O'Reilly around $5M long term it would be awesome. I crunched the numbers a while ago, and even with all the potential raises coming up, and adding some other $5M range players like a winger and top pairing D, they'd be able to manage all that after the cap likely goes up to $72M+ in 2014-15.
They won't be a cap team until they are a playoff team IMO. KSE will want that extra income before he commits that much money.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I said it earlier in the season, but Carolina fans have been wanting a big physical defensive defenseman that plays on the right all year, and were receptive to an O'Byrne for Jamie McBain swap.

McBain's another righty, and probably wouldn't be a great partner for EJ, but it's a good swap IMO if Carolina itself is interested. He's got a great slapper and one timer that he can really wire without taking much of any backswing.
Really? Canes fans were receptive to that deal? If I were the Avs and the Canes proposed something like that to me, Id take that deal and run far far away.

Maybe its just me, but I am super high on Mcbain. I think he will a stud. Good #2/real good #3 in his prime.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Really? Canes fans were receptive to that deal? If I were the Avs and the Canes proposed something like that to me, Id take that deal and run far far away.

Maybe its just me, but I am super high on Mcbain. I think he will a stud. Good #2/real good #3 in his prime.
Yea I don't know, this was a few weeks to a month ago but it was fairly receptive on their board.

O'Byrne's obviously been crap this year especially lately, and they probably don't have as good a read on him, but it's interesting to see that most were willing to give up McBain for an O'Byrne type of physical and defensive RHD, even if it was just for a push this year. Not sure how that relates to McBain's true value though.

I also kind of view it as a bit of a bonus too, because if we somehow end up with Jones, and/or if for some reason we have to use Barrie in a trade for a top pairing LHD, McBain's offense would make it easier to part with him.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
They won't be a cap team until they are a playoff team IMO. KSE will want that extra income before he commits that much money.
Eh I don't know, that's kind of the chicken and the egg argument. After next season, they're probably gonna have to be at least in the upper half of teams in terms of cap payroll with all the raises they'll have to dish out. If they still aren't making the playoffs, they're gonna have to spend money somehow to do so.

Last edited by Mystic MacK: 03-15-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
And somewhere Sherman is shaking his head in disbelief... how a 21 YO gets that kind of contract? They should have signed him to a bridge contract.

And Phoenix didn't have to deal with a holdout or an offer sheet... what a bunch of incompetent.
The kid is already a Norris favorite--he wouldn't take a bridge contract. At least it's not Tyler Myers money.

Speaking of which...now in the WORLD is Darcy Regier still employed?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-team/1991673/

Old
03-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
The kid is already a Norris favorite--he wouldn't take a bridge contract. At least it's not Tyler Myers money.

Same way Sacco is still employed? Pure insanity.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post

It's best for Grigorenko to be back in the Q league where he will play tons of minutes with Québec . The last few games with Buffalo his playing time was reduce to about 5-6 mins per game , that's not enough for an 18y old that need his icetime to devlop . Let him burn the Q league for the rest of the season and playoffs , insted of sitting on the bench with the Sabres.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Ceremony
Inpermanent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
It's best for Grigorenko to be back in the Q league where he will play tons of minutes with Québec . The last few games with Buffalo his playing time was reduce to about 5-6 mins per game , that's not enough for an 18y old that need his icetime to devlop . Let him burn the Q league for the rest of the season and playoffs , insted of sitting on the bench with the Sabres.
Yes but why would you then keep him up, burning a year off his ELC before sending him back down?

03-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
you assume that they don't intend on trading O'Reilly on Feb 28th 2014.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:07 PM
John Bender*

Any interest in Colorado at upgrading at the goaltender position?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Lol what?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
You haven't seen Semyon Varlamov play I gather?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Pistache

The Rangers are not going anywhere...they need to make a move to shake their team if they want to make the playoffs....so does the Avs....i am still a big fan of Stall.....lets see how he plays when he is back and lets move stastny and Jones (Hunwick , sob, rob) and give them a chance to start fresh with a new team.....we need energiser.....guys like their captain and a good defensive player like stall.....lets make a big deal with 6/7players

Old
03-16-2013, 04:03 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Winnipeg looking for a scoring RW... I bet they have been looking at Jones.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:04 PM
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
That would be great if they are but sadly after watching him play they won't want him.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:56 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
That would be great if they are but sadly after watching him play they won't want him.
It would be amazing if the Avs are able to move Jones' contract.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:05 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
I'd trade jones for a eighth rounder. Id use a compliance buyout on him. His contract disgusts me. I don't see him as movable for a least a couple more years though and a buyout is just admission of a screwup. I don't see this management/ownership doing something like that.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:08 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I was thinking today what if we do a package of,

Jones
O'Brien

For

Golgoski
Cap dump

.????????