HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
  #276
sensageddon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
than Perry walks as a UFA and your mad at Murray for making that trade.

You could probably pull this off on nhl13.

EA SPORTS ITS IN THE GAME!!

sensageddon is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:57 PM
  #277
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,914
vCash: 500
Over everyone bar*

Jeez, I need to change what I'm smoking...

Beville is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
  #278
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
McManked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,519
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Over everyone bar*

Jeez, I need to change what I'm smoking...


I was wondering what you meant by that.

Surely, you can't be serious.

plz respond to joke set up

McManked is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
  #279
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I would do this. Ducks wouldn't. They dont need Bishop at all.
That is probably one of the best deals that Anaheim could get for Perry. Michalek and Da Costa would probably be enough to net Perry, let alone adding Bishop.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:15 PM
  #280
Indrew
Registered User
 
Indrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Michalek and Da Costa would probably be enough to net Perry, let alone adding Bishop.
No way Jose. Da Costa has very little trade value. Replace Da Costa with Zibanejad and maybe we have something.

Indrew is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:18 PM
  #281
Benjamin
/\
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,506
vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
That is probably one of the best deals that Anaheim could get for Perry. Michalek and Da Costa would probably be enough to net Perry, let alone adding Bishop.
Ducks would get a better offer. A lot of teams desperately need a Perry, like us.

Maybe i just dont value Michalek as much as you?

Benjamin is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
  #282
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Why are we giving up Michalek when Perry can just walk?

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
  #283
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Ducks would get a better offer. A lot of teams desperately need a Perry, like us.

Maybe i just dont value Michalek as much as you?
It has more to do with his proven track record. Perry is a UFA at the end of the year; potential playoff rentals generally don't net a proven 30 goal scorer and a top prospect.

Perry is worth a lot in a trade but his value is considerably lower than it would be if he was signed long term.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
  #284
Benjamin
/\
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,506
vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Why are we giving up Michalek when Perry can just walk?
Depends on how confident Murray is that he can resign Perry.

Benjamin is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:25 PM
  #285
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy on the Road View Post
No way Jose. Da Costa has very little trade value. Replace Da Costa with Zibanejad and maybe we have something.
Da Costa is a high end prospect with top six potential. Perry is a UFA at the end of this season. A proven mid aged 30 goal scorer and a prospect with top six (and potentially 1st line) potential is a pretty good return for Perry.

If they want Zibanejad then they will have to add a conditional 1st round pick if Perry doesn't re-sign with Ottawa.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:26 PM
  #286
Benjamin
/\
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,506
vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
It has more to do with his proven track record. Perry is a UFA at the end of the year; potential playoff rentals generally don't net a proven 30 goal scorer and a top prospect.

Perry is worth a lot in a trade but his value is considerably lower than it would be if he was signed long term.
Anaheim is probably going to make the playoffs. Would they even trade him?

Da Costa is not a top prospect.

Obviously Perry's value is lower right now but a lot of teams are going to be bidding on him.

Benjamin is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
  #287
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Depends on how confident Murray is that he can resign Perry.
That's not something you gamble on.

Perry is someone we'd want for the long term, not a rental to salvage a playoff berth.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
  #288
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,438
vCash: 500
Every year we go through this. We chose a UFA to target that will change everything. And every year we do not get the UFA and leave disappointed.

I think we need to understand we are the wallflower at the prom.

Qward is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
  #289
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Anaheim is probably going to make the playoffs. Would they even trade him?

Da Costa is not a top prospect.

Obviously Perry's value is lower right now but a lot of teams are going to be bidding on him.
It will be really interesting to see what happens in Anaheim. There is a good chance that they could lose both Getzlaf and Perry in the off season. So if it wasn't for how well Anaheim was performing this season, they would likely be looking to trade one or both of those players. I could see Anaheim keeping both of them and trying to push for a cup and risk losing them for nothing in the off season, kind of like last season with Parise and Ne Jersey. But in the event that they move one or both of them, I could see them looking for immediate help rather than futures. Therefore a package including Michalek could be an enticing option.

Perry's trade value is likely similar to the returns that Atlanta got for Hossa and Kolvachuk.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
  #290
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg
 
2CHAINZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: We global Son
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 984
Perry is going to test the market so why not wait, fly EK out there and let him say. "Hey come to Ottawa I will pass to you, you score 110 I get 110 assists and I'll let you hold the cup first"

2CHAINZ is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:37 PM
  #291
Benjamin
/\
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,506
vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
That's not something you gamble on.

Perry is someone we'd want for the long term, not a rental to salvage a playoff berth.
I guess im overly confident in Murray's ability to re-sign Perry.

Benjamin is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:41 PM
  #292
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I guess im overly confident in Murray's ability to re-sign Perry.
There will be soo many teams that will be bidding for him though. It's not as if we can simply offer more.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
  #293
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
McManked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,519
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I guess im overly confident in Murray's ability to re-sign Perry.
I think it is Benny :/ .

If you're Perry, you'd at least want to test free agency, would you not? You're one of the most sought after players to hit the open market in the past decade.

McManked is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
  #294
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Every year we go through this. We chose a UFA to target that will change everything. And every year we do not get the UFA and leave disappointed.

I think we need to understand we are the wallflower at the prom.
well you know there are perks to being a wallflower.


apparently that's Emma Watson

WhiteLight* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
  #295
arglebargle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,828
vCash: 50
Look dudes, Perry and Getzlaf both won a cup in their rookie seasons. They're not aging stars desperate to win one before they retire. If they were looking to sign long term team-friendly contracts so they can have a juggernaut built around them, they would have re-signed in Anaheim by now.

They're probably both looking for 7 year $7+ million/yr contracts, which is fine, but I'd rather just offer Perry that in the offseason rather than give up a bunch of picks and prospects to get him during a season when literally all of our best players got injured for significant amounts of time.


Last edited by arglebargle: 03-03-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Edit added some stuff
arglebargle is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:46 PM
  #296
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
Look dudes, Perry and Getzlaf both won a cup in their rookie seasons. if they were looking to sign long term team-friendly contracts, they would have re-signed in Anaheim by now.

They're probably both looking for $7+ million/yr contracts, which is fine, but I'd rather just offer Perry that in the offseason rather than give up a bunch of picks and prospects to get him during a season when literally all of our best players got injured for significant amounts of time.
this guy knows what's going on

WhiteLight* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:47 PM
  #297
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
McManked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,519
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Every year we go through this. We chose a UFA to target that will change everything. And every year we do not get the UFA and leave disappointed.

I think we need to understand we are the wallflower at the prom.
Agreed.

Murray can (and will) go hard after a player, and he may be able to get one. But he (or anyone else) shouldn't count on it.

I really think that Murray should become Alex Anthopolous this off-season. Look at a list of his forward prospects. Choose which ones he thinks will be most successful. Then, think long and hard about trying to acquire a legitimate established forward who will remain under team control for 3+ years, and making a legitimate effort to acquire him using whatever prospects he thinks are expendable. Obviously one of those would have to be a blue chipper.

McManked is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
  #298
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Agreed.

Murray can (and will) go hard after a player, and he may be able to get one. But he (or anyone else) shouldn't count on it.

I really think that Murray should become Alex Anthopolous this off-season. Look at a list of his forward prospects. Choose which ones he thinks will be most successful. Then, think long and hard about trying to acquire a legitimate established forward who will remain under team control for 3+ years, and making a legitimate effort to acquire him using whatever prospects he thinks are expendable. Obviously one of those would have to be a blue chipper.
Which blue chipper is expendable?

WhiteLight* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
  #299
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
McManked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,519
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Which blue chipper is expendable?
That's for Murray to decide, not me.

EDIT: Look at my post in the "future of this team" thread if you want to know where I stand making a push for a big name player.

McManked is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
  #300
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
That's for Murray to decide, not me.

EDIT: Look at my post in the "future of this team" thread if you want to know where I stand making a push for a big name player.
But I think that big player should come through the draft. I generally dislike trading for top end talent because you have to give up the moon++. But if this team doesn't get a top 5 pick, I'd like to see Murray try and trade into it.

Not really a fan of trading for a 27 year old 1st liner.

WhiteLight* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.