HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 500
Personally I think Brassard is an excellent fit. He is a better Regin.

He can fill in for the center position while Spezza is out and when he is back, shift him to the wing. Latendresse was brought in to be a top 6. If he isn't playing that is another hole needed to be filled.

Bishop for Brassard is fair.

I would be willing to do Bishop + for Johansen if it is not too costly. Same idea,

Center, then shift to wing.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
18Hossa
And Grace, Too

vCash: 50
Havn't seen too much of Brassard, would he fit in to macleans system? If so i am onboard.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Havn't seen too much of Brassard, would he fit in to macleans system? If so i am onboard.
More of a play maker than Turris and is more aggressive in the corner. Doesn't see any PK time, but does see a lot of PP time.

He shoots left which is nice to offset all the RH forwards we have.

Current LH forwards

Michalek - Will be back on the PP when he comes back.
Greening - Only see's a minute of PP time per game
Daugavins - Should not be on the PP
Latendresse - Don't know if he is coming back
DD - Will be sent down soon

He would fit in well with Mac's system.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
18Hossa
And Grace, Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
More of a play maker than Turris and is more aggressive in the corner. Doesn't see any PK time, but does see a lot of PP time.

He shoots left which is nice to offset all the RH forwards we have.

Current LH forwards

Michalek - Will be back on the PP when he comes back.
Greening - Only see's a minute of PP time per game
Daugavins - Should not be on the PP
Latendresse - Don't know if he is coming back
DD - Will be sent down soon

He would fit in well with Mac's system.
Consider me on the Brassard bandwagon then

Old
03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Caje

I would love to get Brassard in a Sens uniform. Murray likes hometown boys, so I'm sure he's on the radar. As long as we don't overpay, I'll be happy.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Iggy77

We were rumored to be interested in him last year (on SensChirp - before we got Turris). I believe his contract was a problem for the team.

Assuming there is still interest, I am guessing that is still the case.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
18Hossa
And Grace, Too

Would Bishop+ 2014 3rd be too much?

Old
03-02-2013, 10:50 PM
arglebargle

I don't get why we'd need to give Bishop+. We're the ones giving up the #1 goalie here, that's way more valuable than a 2nd line forward.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

I know people have mixed feelings on JayBo but Calgary is apparently going to start fielding offers for him... I personally think he'd be a perfect fit in our top 4 especially once Gonchar is gone.

Karlsson - JayBo
Cowen - Methot

What would you offer?

Old
03-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Benjamin
/\

vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
I know people have mixed feelings on JayBo but Calgary is apparently going to start fielding offers for him... I personally think he'd be a perfect fit in our top 4 especially once Gonchar is gone.

Karlsson - JayBo
Cowen - Methot

What would you offer?
not what Calgary would want.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
I don't get why we'd need to give Bishop+. We're the ones giving up the #1 goalie here, that's way more valuable than a 2nd line forward.
He's only started a handful of NHL games, he's not a #1 yet. Plus they just got Bobrovsky, not sure they'd be interested in Bishop.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Benjamin
/\

vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
He's only started a handful of NHL games, he's not a #1 yet. Plus they just got Bobrovsky, not sure they'd be interested in Bishop.
Apparently Jarmo likes Bishop. Mason still sucks and wont be back next season. They could use a 1a 1b duo for next season.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:05 PM
bacon25

Columbus doesn't need Bishop, they already have traded for Brobovsky and drafted two last year. I'm all for a trade with them but I doubt Bishop is part of it.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
I've seen a lot of Bob and Bishop is the better tender out of the 2 imo. Bob is a solid tender but isn't a true #1. Like mentioned above, a Bishop/Bob tandem could be very solid.

And it's been reported that Jarmo absolutely loves Bishop. He may want to bring in his own guys. Wont matter at all to him that they just got Bob not long ago.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Deku
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vCash: 0
I don't think Columbus needs Bishop but if we trade him for Brassard I will be very very happy. Love the sound of that proposal.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:19 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
That's why you wait, add to it and deal for a greater asset.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
Columbus doesn't need Bishop, they already have traded for Brobovsky and drafted two last year. I'm all for a trade with them but I doubt Bishop is part of it.
We drafted 2 goalies last year too. How close are they to playing in the NHL? Years away. They are going to need something in the mean time.

With the exception of Backstrom, the crop of UFA goalies is not great. The good ones will be resigned by their teams. CBJ will be doing something about their goalie situation, just wish they would do it now instead after the season.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:26 PM
LeTigre

Quote:

Karlsson - JayBo
Cowen - Methot

What would you offer?
I've been keen on having the Senators acquire him since Mac became coach. He'd fit like a glove. Though I'm not a fan of his annual being higher than Karlsson's, it would be but for a year and change. That's business, I suppose.

Also to note, JayBo has upped his value this year with his play, according to Flames fans. He still doesn't live up to that contract; if I had to estimate I'd say he falls a million short of that once-albatross contract. I was spitballing prospective packages last year but they wouldn't cut it today.

Anyhow, I'd offer a complete package to the likes of Bishop, Weircioch, and Da Costa. The Flames need to rebuild, and this type of package adds depth and high end skill to each position.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Right now Brassard is injured "upper body" for a week or 2. He also had shoulder surgery in 2008. Just what we need. Suppose we could get Brassard lets not dream that he's immediate help to our offense or that he's better than Turris.

I know not many see him as a better Turris but for the sake of argument to those who do...... Brassard scored 17 goals 2 seasons ago and 14 last season playing 74 games each time. Turris scored 12 last year in 49 games with the Sens coming off a no-training camp holdout. This year after 22 games Kyle Turris has 4 goals and 8 assists for 12 points and is a +3. After 20 games Brassard has 3 goals and 7 assists for 10 points and is a -8.

Lets not make excuses about who he plays with etc... it isn't much worse than he would get in Ottawa. He hasn't produced measurable offense on his own any more than Turris has. I haven't watched Brassard play much but I've seen Turris generate a ton of offense the problem is that he and his line mates just haven't cashed in. Also keep in mind that Turris is 23 (Aug B-day) and Brassard 25 (Sept B-day) so Brassard may be closer to his peak. He might be a nice extra piece but if it eats into their ice time I'd sooner develop younger Silfverberg and ZBad among others.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Right now Brassard is injured "upper body" for a week or 2. He also had shoulder surgery in 2008. Just what we need. Suppose we could get Brassard lets not dream that he's immediate help to our offense or that he's better than Turris.

I know not many see him as a better Turris but for the sake of argument to those who do...... Brassard scored 17 goals 2 seasons ago and 14 last season playing 74 games each time. Turris scored 12 last year in 49 games with the Sens coming off a no-training camp holdout. This year after 22 games Kyle Turris has 4 goals and 8 assists for 12 points and is a +3. After 20 games Brassard has 3 goals and 7 assists for 10 points and is a -8.

Lets not make excuses about who he plays with etc... it isn't much worse than he would get in Ottawa. He hasn't produced measurable offense on his own any more than Turris has. I haven't watched Brassard play much but I've seen Turris generate a ton of offense the problem is that he and his line mates just haven't cashed in. Also keep in mind that Turris is 23 (Aug B-day) and Brassard 25 (Sept B-day) so Brassard may be closer to his peak. He might be a nice extra piece but if it eats into their ice time I'd sooner develop younger Silfverberg and ZBad among others.

First, we are not saying he is better than Turris. We are saying he comparable.

Let's look at the facts,

1: Spezza is injured until at least the playoffs.
2: If Turris is going to be the number 1 center, we need someone to fill the void he leaves as the number 2. Regin is not cutting it and Zibby is too young to be put into that situation.
3: Latendresse was penciled into a top 6 position. He could be out for the season. We do not know. Putting Condra or Daugavins as a top 6 is a bad idea. One of the best lines we have had this year is Greening/Zibanejad/Condra. Perfect for 3rd line.

You want to ignore the team Brassard is playing on as a factor to his numbers. You simply cannot do that. If the whole team is ******** the bed, then he would be too.

Next you compared his numbers to Turris. That is not fair either. If you want to compare his numbers to Turris, then do it when Turris played for Phoenix before he was given a shot in Ottawa. The numbers swing in Brassards favor.

As far as the surgery goes, That was 2008, it is 2013 now. He has played 79, 74, 74 games since. That is deemed a healthy player by most accounts.

Upper body injury does not mean he is having shoulder injuries or a concussion. It could be as simple as a back spasm or bruised ribs.

Bringing in a player would help the development of Zibby and Silf. Not hinder it. Especially Zibby. Rushing him could be very bad. GMBM has mentioned several times the plan for the kids is to bring them in bottom 6 minutes and let them get used to the speed and intensity of the game. Putting him on your top 6 and giving him PP1 minutes is a lot of pressure on the kid.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Curious... saw it in the Gaborik thread on the main board... Would you do Zibanejad+Bishop for Marian Gaborik?

Old
03-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Curious... saw it in the Gaborik thread on the main board... Would you do Zibanejad+Bishop for Marian Gaborik?
Without thinking twice

Old
03-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Iggy77

Quote:

Karlsson - JayBo
Cowen - Methot

What would you offer?
We don't need another lefty, especially a soft one who's easy to play against and never made the post season in his career.
Need a RHD behind Karlsson who can play a similar role (and step in if he's injured).

Old
03-02-2013, 11:59 PM
SenzZen
Cool Keith

Would you guys offer the same package for Foligno that you would for Brassard?

Quote:
Nope

Old
03-03-2013, 12:00 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
We don't need another lefty, especially a soft one who's easy to play against and never made the post season in his career.
Need a RHD behind Karlsson who can play a similar role (and step in if he's injured).
He plays the right side in Calgary

Methot/Karlsson
Cowen/Jaybo

would look great but they will want to much for him

Closed Thread